Macy's Department Storedeclined check!

L

After shopping at Macy's for several years, my check was declined when purchasing some clothing items. Certegy Services Inc, is a new system to Macy's I believe. I have never seen them use it before. My checking account has no issues ever. Now I'm wary of trying to use a check with Macy's again.

• Je
    jean ratchford Jul 10, 2007

WALGREEN DRUG STORES uses the same check service company. It has no basis to deny checks written by individuals... I checked with my bank to "see if there was a problem with my account ", there were no problems to justify the denial of my check...

I think they're using out of date information... or just grasping at straws!! Now, I use only cash when I purchase things from WALGREENS, but now I find myself shopping elsewhere !!

• Vi
    virginia redig Oct 15, 2007

Macy's department store, I tried to resolve my bill with you. Oxford Mangement took over the payment due, I was paying on it but never receive a billing statement of what was agreed on and the money I paid. Now I realized that I have been scammed through this company. I was trying to do the right thing and pay you what I owed you, to many thief's riping off; who are we to trust? I would like to do business only with you. Money is hard to come by and I am not willing to just send it through the mail to an unknown person or persons. Please let me know how we can resolve this matter. Thank You!

Virginia.

• Br
    Bruce R. Hovanec Dec 10, 2007

Tho whom it may concern:

On October 7, 2007 my wife and I purchased a queen size bed for our daughter at Macy's Old Orchard Shopping Center in Skokie, Illinois. In early November we received the wrong mattress, box spring and bed frame, only the correct head and foot board came. We had three (3) additional deliveries where the same wrong items kept being delivered.

I want to make you aware of Tad, the Chicago warehouse supervisor, who telephoned us and corrected the problem with the bed frame and box spring. He asked us what day and time would least inconvenience for us to have the items delivered. He then followed up with a phone call to make sure our delivery was made and that we were satisfied.

Tad then had Stacy Douglass, a sales rep., call us and correct the mattress problem. Stacy was very helpful in getting us the right mattress for our daughter, with out me having to make anymore phone calls. Because of Tad and Stacy my wife and I have decided to give Macy's another chance and we will shop at your store again.

Sincerely,

Bruce R. Hovanec
    Chicago, Illinois
    PS. Larry Heyman #177694 was the salesman who took our order at the store.

• Ro
    Rose Prasse Dec 18, 2007

I have purchase a gift card for Christmas on line. It is now December 18, 2007 and I still have not received it.

How can I check on this. I got my one item which was a cook book but not the gift card.

I am very upset over this and would not order on line from you again. It seems to me that this should have been sent with the other items. What a scam to now send it and I have to pay another shipping charge. What a rip off!!!!

I haven't heard from you people since I have received the cook book. What is up with that?

Sincerely,
    Rose Prasse

• Ca
    catherine healey Feb 28, 2008

I wholeheartedly agree. I am asking all I know to boycott Macy's for that reason. I'm starting to forget what country I'm living in. Checks are put through a profiling review and if they match some bizarre and topsecret pattern, they are rejected. So you could have a judge, your bank president and a real time record of your account balance with you, and your check would still be declined. Macy's and certegy (what a nonsensical name attempting to manipulate public image), I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars at your store. Bye bye.
    PS Move to East Germany. I'm sure you'll be welcomed.
    Bed Bath and Beyond uses a similarly useless "system" (word VERY loosely used), and they also are being boycotted. To humiliate loyal customers who have done NOTHING but put money in your pockets for decades, for NO reason, is beyond disgraceful.
    PS If you haven't gotten the message, you suck at customer satisfaction. You get very high marks in "customer you'll never see again," however. Congrats again.

• Yv
    Yvette Williams Mar 17, 2008

I recently quit my job at macys east located in Queens. As a sales clerk I seen how rude Macys employees were to the customers and at times how rude customers were to the sales clerk, at times employees didnt help customers and managers talked to customers in a rude fashion. When customers had a problem management blamed the customer for it. Also I have observed that pay isnt great and if you inquire about your pay nobody seems to know. Overall there policy about quality service is a false statment. Working there and shoppping there has been a negitive experience and advice those who do shop there to use caution.

• Pi
    Pinky Jun 15, 2008

Can I complain about something?? I work at Macys in clothing. What is wrong with you customers? What makes you think its okay to leave PILES of clothing in the dressing rooms? Or to mangle clothing so neatly folded on the tables?What the hell happened to being good ole plain respectful of others? Do you treat YOUR house like that? Do you throw your ### all over your living room floor? Probably!!

If you think retail associates are rude, let me tell ya..Its because of the rude ### customers. I have become so bitter towards people because of this job from hell. You people want everything for nothing. You switch price tags. put regular priced items on sale racks, and treat the associates like they are your personal slaves. Sometimes we get really nice customers, and they are the ones that get the best deals from us. So the next time you think the associate is being rude, think about how YOU are being to them.

• Ca
    carlos Nov 24, 2008

I have to agree. Mistakes are human, but it's really tough to assist someone when they are calling you every name under the sun. Perfect example: I "spoke" with someone today that spent 20 minutes yelling at me for a mistake that THEY made. I fixed their problem and made accommodations for the perceived mistake (which only took about 2 minutes) and had to take a verbal beating for the next 18. As a customer, you expect superior service...As a company, we expect civil customers.

• To those that have checks rejected at Macy's. Certegy Services Inc, the company which guarantees personal checks is a national company...if you have had a bounced check at another retailer that uses this service, it would decline your check at any retailer that uses this service.