Menu

complaints

Lowe's Complaints Summary

243 Resolved
1954 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Lowe's's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Lowe's has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Lowe's. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Lowe's complaints 2197

Sort by:

Newest Lowe's complaints

9:28 pm EST

Lowe's retaliation for calling corporate

On October 29th, 2010 my wife and I went to Lowes at Gordonsville, Va to upgrade 0ur existing cabinets and design to solid oak. At the same time, we were looking for hardwood flooring for the kitchen, hall and living room. Before we left, we left behind almost $10, 000 for Pergo flooring, custom honey oak cabinets with the large matching trim and a counter top w/sink.

In the second week of November, we received a call that our cabinets would be delivered on Nov 22nd. That weekend, we gave our cabinets and carpert to a young couple in our church which
left us with the old counter top and sink on two saw horses and no flooring.

The right cabInets came in but they were too tall. I called the manager at Lowes and he told me, "I am all over it" he assured me over and over again, we would have our cabinets by Christmas. Didn't happen !

We went to the manager in January and he gave us the same song and dance about how he had ordered our cabinets and we should have had them before Christmas. I went outside and called the cabinet people to only be advised that a lady from Lowes had cancelled our order on December 9th. (says a lot for the truth and veracity of the manager.) . We were furious, it seems she was "Going to design something we might like betters !" We ordered what we wanted and had authorized no one to change our order.

I called the corporate office for Lowes in NC and got a lady named Julie and told her about all of this and that I wanted the name and address of the top dog. She told me it was a Robert Niblock.
I sent Mr. Niblock a six page letter which was signed for on January 10th at corporate.

About then, A fellow named Thomas called me and started on me for making the complaint and that the whole thing was our fault for cancelling the order and wanted to argue with me to the point I was ready to hang up on him. I asked him to show me a contract I had signed since the original one with the right cabinets on 10/29 ?
This never happened or anything cancelling our order. If our order was cancelled by us, why did we not get our money back so we could go someplace else ?

Since then, the proper cabinets were ordered but without the trim so the trim and the cabinets were not a match. I guess Mr. Niblock and Thomas did not have enough horsepower to make sure our order was right. We ended up with some trim from I do not know where and it doesen't match . I called Julie and got nowhere other than that Thomas and the store manager would meet with me to "make thing right ?"

Next came almost $5000 worth of Bruce custome flooring in the
gunstock finishe. Of course the flooring was ordered but NOT the matching stair nosing. Of course good old Thomas sent the installer down to Lumber l Liquidaters in Richmond for the stair nosing that doesn't match.

And of course, the delivey of our counter top was screwed up too. All of this was known by corporate who could care less.

We got our counter top we purchased on October 29th installed yesterday, exactly four months later !

Thomas then has the gaul to call and wanted to meet with he and Troy at the store to "Make things right!" I told him I did not want anything from Lowes and how much suffering we went through by missing, Thanks giving and Christmas with our kids and the fact that nothing we had matched and the way he and Lowes had treated us there was nothing to make this right and hung up on him.

Again, we want nothing from Lowes but I would like to take this time to thank Mr. Robert Niblock and Lowes corporate for screwing our lives up. We are not rich but are elderly and we cannot go through this again.

They seemed to think it was funny when my wife was standing in the cabinet section crying.

PT and Diane Spencer
Louisa, Virginia

PS, we have all of the emails, documents and dates and times to back this up.

Read full review of Lowe's and 152 comments

thanks we will BOYCOTT LOWES

All Gorre
Jul 28, 2023 8:44 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It is only one question how it is possible what such ugly store as Lowers steel working and not under bancropcy. Stupid laysy staff, ugly menegment. Newr use Lowe's.

CJ
Dec 28, 2022 10:42 am EST

I would like to hear from the customer how this was resolved. Reading his last letter does NOT sound like anything was resolved. I am currently going through some delivery issues around a stove and microwave that also screwed up my Christmas cooking plans. I think it is clear that Lowes is incompetent, and they could care less about customer service. SMH

RScott S.
Jul 07, 2022 12:03 pm EDT

My experience with Lowes is similar. Were it not for one assistant manager doing all she can to help I would have sought legal avenues. I ordered materials to build a deck on August 6, 2021. The Trex boards I ordered were 30 twenty foot decks boards. Of the 30 boards 10 were straight when they were finally delivered in January of this year. 20 boards have a distinctive bend in them making them unusable. They have been reordered and arrived, but then another associate sold them to another customer even though they were marked for me. Now I am told that July 21 of this year is when they are supposed to arrive, nearly ONE YEAR after I ordered the package. It was put on a Lowe's charge and has been paid for months ago. Now I have a deck frame with no decking on it. I am waiting to put the 10 good boards on to see if the color matches. Also, two of the post sleeves I bought that were delivered were returns that someone cut and repackaged and sold to me as new. Those still haven't been fulfilled yet, but I can't use them until the deck boards are delivered.

mpduff
walhalla, US
Jun 23, 2022 11:16 am EDT

I am having a similar experience with Lowes. NEVER place an order with them. Ordered blinds in March and no one can give me information as to whether or not the order has been placed. Twice the wrong product was ordered and installer unable to install. I have been corresponding with lowe's customer service and even they cannot get any information from the local store. I have called over 15 times, been disconnected repeatedly, left messages that never reach their destination, spoken to the store assistant manager. I could go on and on but i have never, ever dealt with such incompetence and disregard for customers. Not sure of next step but probably legal action...perhaps a class action is warranted.

SueB1956
Rock Hill, US
May 09, 2023 2:40 pm EDT
Replying to comment of mpduff

Since I am a native of Walhalla and am currently having problems completing a cabinet install through Lowe's, what did you end up doing? Ever any restitution?

Highball
Brunswick, US
Jun 08, 2022 4:17 pm EDT

I need help. I was told I no longer had a job after I was hospitalized for two weeks. I then spent the next four weeks trying to come back on a limited shift. No one at store 2643 has ever taken the time to talk with me in person since I was hospitalized. I tried five times unsuccessfully to talk with staff after my hospitalization. I am a new hire PT associate in the electrical dept. I am a 100% DAV and thought I had a job to come back to albeit limited hours I could work. Because of medicine I have to take since my hospitalization, in the late afternoon I can only work M-F between 8am - 5pm. On the weekend my Dr. wants me to take my meds earlier around 8am. The medicine has side effects that causes dizziness and drowsiness. This is why I need to change my employment hours to M-F 8am - 5pm for availability to work. I previously worked for LOWES [protected] as a PT employee. I am an excellent employee and feel I have a lot to offer knowledge wise and as a customer service rep. As a veteran I need and want this job. Please let me come back in limited PT hours of employment. I would appreciate a call back from someone at corporate. Carl Padgett, moparsrt392@gmail.com [protected] or padgettfamily94@comcast.net [protected]

CJ
May 10, 2023 12:19 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Highball

Not sure how long you have worked with Lowes but here is a government link explaining FMLA. You may or may not qualify depending on how long or how much time you worked before you took off.

Highball
Brunswick, US
Jun 08, 2022 4:10 pm EDT

I need help. I was told I no longer had a job after I was hospitalized for two weeks. I then spent the next four weeks trying to come back on a limited shift. No one at store 2643 has ever taken the time to talk with me in person since I was hospitalized. I tried five times unsuccessfully to talk with staff after my hospitalization. I am a new hire PT associate in the electrical dept. I am a 100% DAV and thought I had a job to come back to albeit limited hours I could work. Because of medicine I have to take since my hospitalization, in the late afternoon I can only work M-F between 8am - 5pm. On the weekend my Dr. want me to take my meds earlier around 8am. The medicine has side effects that causes dizziness and drowsiness. This is why I need to change my employment hours to M-F 8am - 5pm for availability to work. I previously worked for LOWES [protected] as a PT employee. I am an excellent employee and feel I have a lot to offer knowledge wise and as a customer service rep. As a veteran I need and want this job. Please let me come back in limited PT hours of employment. I would appreciate a call back from someone at corporate. Carl Padgett, moparsrt392@gmail.com [protected] or padgettfamily94@comcast.net [protected]

Peter Collino
Jun 05, 2022 2:59 pm EDT

I ordered a ego leaf blower on Wednesday, june1 on lowes.com. It was supposed to arrive Friday. I already paid for this. I got a message it’s delayed. No explanation. I called online customer service to find out when I was supposed to get it. They put me through to four different people. Who couldn’t answer my question. Finally one told me I would get it tomorrow. I checked the tracking app and it hasn’t changed. This is the worst customer service I’ve ever seen.

Krap11
Mahomet, US
Jan 18, 2021 9:11 pm EST

We had wood flooring installed by Lowe’s and it was installed improperly. Their staff or the contractor won’t do anything about it. I’ve spoken to them and/or tried over 30 times. The floor installation manger never even returned my call even though his message said he would. I called him 6 times. Will never go back to Lowe’s. It is sad.

E
E
EBarricelli
May 13, 2021 2:21 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Krap11

This is terrible service... I had windows installed 2-05-21...a part on my triple bedroom window was broken...I've called a total of 5 times so far, and not one call back...I'm totally disgusted, and would never recommend Lowes to anyone...and I indicated this fact in my survey who I believe no one reads, it listened to.
Wish I could get this taken care if...but probably my $3899 window wasn't expensive enough...
My email is babarricelli266@gmail.com...if anyone can help... Thank you.

mysticmy
Oct 01, 2020 10:14 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Jan 7th 2020: Had Lowes rep out for a quote on a fence Jan 20th 2020: Received 1st quote May 8th 2020: Revised the quote and signed the contract with Justin, the Lowes associate who gave me the original and updated quote with the assurance my fence would be up within 4-6 weeks. Paid Justin $10655 upfront, in full for the install. June 16th 2020: Emailed Justin as I hadn't heard anything about an ETA or date. Starting in June, I began calling once a week for updates but I find that Justin no longer works there and they can't seem to find my contract even though they have been paid in full. I am contacted by Jeffery who tells me that Justin had not put in my order and now that the pandemic was in full swing, it would be awhile as my pickets had not even been milled yet. September 11th 2020: My wood was delivered after 4 months and I was told construction would start on 14th even though no one from Safe dig had come out to mark. I was assured by Jeff that it would be done over the weekend and they would begin on Monday the 14th. Sept 14th 2020: Safe dig showed up mid afternoon to mark but no call and no construction. Construction began Sept 17th 2020: The construction crew were about ready to start putting pickets up when they noticed half of my order was missing. They reached out to Jeff who said they had accepted the full order so it should be here or in the warehouse. Sept 22nd 2020: Only the skeleton of my fence is up. Not having enough pickets forces my contractors to have to stop work indefinitely because they don't want my pickets weathering differently from the ones that aren't even here yet because we don't know when that will be. I reach out to Lowes who tell me they had accepted the first shipment on good faith and had no idea only half arrived and they would need to reorder more but could not give any eta. Oct 1st 2020: My fence is still not up, Lowes still has my money and I have no ETA on when or if I will ever have my project completed.

The contractors, however, are fantastic, which is the only silver lining in this. Great guys that I have hired independently to redo my porch completely separate from Lowes but we're joking that it will be quoted ripped out and finished before Lowes gets my wood to finish the fence.

4:41 pm EST

Lowe's not enough cashiers during busy season

Please forward this comment to the regional manager for the bluffton, sc lowes: on thursday, feb. 24, 2011, approximately 12:43 pm I was attempting to purchase a large quanity of bulk outdoor garden supplies for a pending job. There was only one register open in outdoor garden so I proceeded indoors with the large batch of mulch and informed the manager at the front desk that there was only one cashier on duty outside and at this time of year there are a great number of customers. He said he was "doing his best" to correct the problem. I informed him that this has been a problem at this store for years and it's time that "his best" actually resulted in a change for the better. I then proceeded with my large bulky cart to the checkout lane indoors just as a storewide power failure caused the computers to crash. I was unable to proceed with my order and left. I was unable to do the work which I had intended to do with those supplies. Had their been two cashiers on duty in the outdoor garden checkout during this busy early spring season I would have been able to check out prior to the power failure and do my work. This repeated failure to address this critical issue has once again, as it has repeatedly in past years, cost me time and money. I do not want to hear another apology from a store manager. What I do want to hear is a statement from the regional manager explaining to me what steps he is taking to assure that this situation is not repeated again as it has so many times already. I am also posting this complaint at online web sites regarding lowes customer performance.

Read full review of Lowe's and 4 comments

4 comments
Trina
Jun 01, 2010 2:30 pm EDT

I purchased a tiller at Lowes 2 years ago and it worked well the first year. Last year when I went to use the tiller the tiller ran horribly. I tried to get th tiller repaired, but I had lost my receipt. When I tried at the store, they toldme they did not have the information available any more. I could get the information from my credit card company, but that didn't matter, the repair place wanted to see the receipt. To top things all off, I tried to purchase an air filter for the tiller today and Lowes did not carry the specific air filter, but would have to special order it. Come to find out the tiller was made by MTD and you can only get the filters through them. If Lowes is going to sell something, you would think they would at least carry the maintenance parts for the item, especially if the item was made for them.

U
U
usc_conquest
Lexington, US
Jun 26, 2011 5:52 pm EDT

Hindsight being 20/20, here is my suggestion. You can always fax in an order ahead of time, online, or call ahead and pay for it over the phone, that way it is ready for you when you get there. All you would have to do then is wait for them to get it from where they staged it, and load it for you.

lila20111
, BR
Mar 08, 2011 12:56 pm EST

UGG Boot ist both comfortable and warm.
It would help you show your beauty and in cold winter und keep you warm.
Online shop http://www.uggbootshop.de/

V
V
va_girl
Norfolk, US
Feb 25, 2011 4:46 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Why don't you try Home Depot?

7:40 pm EST

Lowe's frigidaire freezer

Purchased a $700 upright Frigidaire freezer on 1-1-2011, had it delivered on 1-8-2011, stocked it with over $1000.00 of food and less than 3 weeks later the entire computer system was blown on it! Lowes return policy sucks-now its a 7 day return policy instead of 30 day. We had to contact figidaire for the repair--which we are still waiting for. Lowes does not stand behind their products and has terrible customer service. To top it off, the repair company that Figidaire has sent out is based over 5 hours away and does NOT stay on schedule or call with updates-instead your left to just sit at home and wait. This repair company is called A & E Factory Service, who claims that they can not contact repairmen to ask when their approximate arrival time will be! Just completely APPAULED and severely DISSAPOINTED --Will NEVER purchase appliances again at LOWES and especially FRIGIDAIRE! Warning to all----SAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!

11:44 am EST

Lowe's overcharged for door installation!

I went to Lowes to purchase and have a cliding glass patio door installed. The door was priced about right and the estimate including install was about $435. but somehow I ended up with a bill for over $1000. I called the store manager and have not heard back. It appears that I was charged almost $700 for an install that was standard and took the two men who came under two hours to complete the replacement. I saw their invoice and it gave them $125 for their work installing the door. Beware of using lowes. I found this prohibitively expensively and would not use them again.

12:16 pm EST

Lowe's bad machine, bad repair service, no show

The worst service contract ever, the worst repairmen working for Lowe's. had service call today. Finally got ahold of co said they will be here today.The guy called at 245 pm, and said lost how do i get to your place. 5 min away. Its 6:10 pm Not here. I am pissed. Plus had to rescheduled for Tuesday, clothes in washer wet. I am so mad. Didn't have balls to call and say still can't find you. J & M appliances. If they schedule call for them SAY NO.

Now have to try another company..Also no pay to miss work

3:37 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently purchased a GE appliance from Lowe's. The sign stated that the appliance qualified for a $50.00 rebate, which was part of my purchase decision. The clerk had difficulty getting the rebate form to print, and I had to wait. I submitted the rebate, and now I get a letter that the rebate was only for a pair of appliances. The sign did not say pair...

Read full review of Lowe's and 24 comments
1:13 pm EST

Lowe's fail on delivery

From the start to the end of my experience in ordering GE Profile range and range hood, Lowes dropped the ball. I shopped online and ordered those items by phone from our local store; the person in appliances told me I'd get the receipt in the mail; it never came.

If only that were all; the first attempt to deliver the range by the agreed date failed; it was rescheduled for three days later. As a compensation for the missed delivery, the Lowes manager agreed to have the range hood installed for free, which was satisfactory to me.

Two days later the installer arrived. While I was elsewhere, he placed the range hood box on my new range, somehow managed to bump a know that turned a back burner on high, and set the box on fire. I come from the back room to a house full of noxious smoke, ash and embers on my kitchen floor, and a box on fire in my front yard. The house still smelled like an incinerator two days later, and the back burner was ruined with melted waxy material permanently scorched on.

Of course, Lowes agred to replace the range. When I hadn't heard from them about a delivery date for that, and it was time to pay the credit card bill with the charge on it, I worked with my credit card company to do a chargeback. Having their money taken back finally got their attention.

However, here I still sit, 48 days after first ordering this item, waiting fo them to deliver the exchanged range. They said it would come in the morning; at 11;30 I called delivery, to find that a "glitch in the system" kept it from going out.

Despite the individual efforts of some people I worked with there (and you never of course work with the same person) to sincerely make thing right, I believe that LOWES is really the glitch in the system. Shop Menards, shop Home Depot; just please, don't give them your business!

Teri Tutak
Sep 20, 2021 12:49 pm EDT

Please never use Lowes, it will become a nightmare. My husband & I wasted 3 days waiting for delivery of new appliances for our new residence . And we still do not know when they will arrive. I honestly have not ever experienced such incompetent assistance dealing with so many different individuals. I feel Lowe's is responsible for the delivery of their products. I want my new appliances, at this point they are being held hostage. Thank you Lowes!

6:09 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Lowe's did not honor coupon

Lowes's sent me an email for 10% off on any purchase I made good through 2/24/2011. I printed out the coupon but the barcode would not print. I tried several ways to get the barcode to print but had no success. I took the printed page into the store and requested the manager to authorize my 10% off and explained that my computer would not print the barcode. Every other part of the coupon printed perfectly. The manager, "Amy" told me to either use someone else's computer to try to print the barcode, or go to the public library to try to print the coupon. I found these suggested alternatives to be both insulting and annoying since I have spent several thousand dollars at their store in the last 8 months doing a whole-house remodel of my home. In spite of my attempts to reason with them over this, neither the managers, "John", "Amy", or customer service clerk, "Ashton" would bother to accomodate me, a very good customer in their store. I asked "Amy" to pull up my buying data in the store's data base to see how much I have spent there and she did. She then insulted me further by saying that my records show "various detail items" purchased in the last year. I DO NOT CONSIDER SPENDING OVER TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLARS AT THEIR STORE TO BE "VARIOUS DETAIL ITEMS". I am very upset over this experience today and will plan on making HOME DEPOT my new store of choice for my remaining remodel purchases.

Betty Deutsch
34 Scarlet Drive
Belleville, IL 62220
email: [protected]@sbcglobal.net

6:02 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought 2 Cobalt Multi drive wrenches w/inte product no.105129 on December 19, 2010 and I was told there were 6 in stock so I bought 2 of them using my Lowes charge card. I called tghe store 1/13/11 and they told me they are still not in stock. Now this was my third call for theses items that were a christmas gift. My was I told they were in stock and not...

7:44 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a lot of home improvement items at the Lowes store in Bryant, AR. I was in AR for a short period of time for the purpose of doing home repairs. I own some rental properties and am a single woman in my 50's. On one of my visits to Lowes, one of the employees, Jeff Bowers, a manager of the home improvement dept, handed me his business card "No Job...

D
7:44 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a Samsung stackable washer/dryer from Lowe's in October 2009. I had purchased the extended 4 year warranty. In December of 2010 the dryer stopped working. It took them 10 business days to get a service tech over here to tell me it was a broken belt. He said 7-10 more days to get the part. After 7 days of no communication I called Lowe's service...

Read full review of Lowe's and 7 comments
8:25 am EST

Lowe's water heater install

Better check out the rules for installing water heaters here. The sign says 235.00 for a water heater install but it wont tell you that you also have to pay for a permit, a drip pan, new fittings, new hoses, 35.00 for an estimate that is non refundable. You are much better off to get someone from around the area to install it for you if you cant. Most local plumbers will do the job for about 150.00. By the time Lowe's is done with you you will have spent 800.00 or more for a 350.00 appliance. Don't purchase an extended maintenance plan. You are better off to just buy the next series heater up i.e. a 9 year rather than a 6 year since you wont have to deal with the crap from a second rip off. Oops forgot that you have to pay extra for pick up and if the location is elevated there is another charge as well as the headaches that go with hooking up electricity. Plan ahead because it will take you a half hour just to get the paper work done and then you still have to wait for an installer to call you and make an appointment to check out everything first. Then you go in to purchase everything. Hope you didn't need hot water for a couple of days. Just hire someone local and save yourself a lot of hassles.

10:13 pm EST

Lowe's horrible company

I went to Dallas, TX for my anniversary. I was scammed in a mall for Jose Eber hair straightener (paid $300 and when i flew home and went to use it, it didn't even work). I called the company that has the "lifetime warranty" and they wont do anything. They have email address, phone numbers, and mailling address but they wont reply to me about getting an exchange. Lowes Visa which is owned by the horrible company GE money, said they would dispute the charge and get me my money back. The gal at the kiosk lied to GE money about everything. I proved her wrong. I sent in all my proof. GE money said they would keep disputing the charge. All of a sudden it was back on my card again. I called again and they said not to pay it because they are disputing the charge again. Then another time i called because it was still on my statement and i was getting late charges. Then the guy on the phone told me that they sent me a letter stating that they can't do anything about the charge! So now I have a wasted $300 on a hair straightener that doesnt even work! I actually just paid the $300 on my credit card and canceled my card! Never do business with GE money!

scmommyje
gaffney, US
Jan 02, 2011 11:52 pm EST

You should file a complaint against the company who sold you defective item with the BBB. The charge on your card is legit because you have the merchandise, service/warranty issues are the responsibility of whoever made/sold the device, not your card company

7:55 pm EST

Lowe's egg harbor twp.

Egg harbor twp>I 've worked with this company in many ways and closely w its associates for a very long time. I have been watching a spacific worker, manager.. being harassed horribly by upper managements zone / sales and l. p. and w no support from store manager or human resorses within the store over the course of the past 7 months. I speak to the employees on a regular basis and am friendly with most in the store at this location and discuss different things. this is one of the hardest working and knowledgeable employees I have ever seen in my time of working with this company. this person worked up to dept. manager from a service associate at a very quick pace. over the last several months I have noticed along with other associates @ that location that this employee has been targeted and harassed by senior managament almost like they are working together.. I dont think this employee in all the years I have been around this location had gotten a complaint from any customer or fellow associate at all. this worker is very sweet and polite and im sure may have gotten a few customer accomendations along the way. I feel like this store is a bunch of childish upper management that conspires agenst its employees. discussing, personal information, breaking confidentiality, as a matter of fact i've wittnessed it on many occasions myself. their behavior is very unethical. if corprate ever came into this location and asked the low management team about there concerns im sure they would uncover major problems complaints and harassing and degrading issues with upper management some individual upper management especially. if the regular employees were ever spoken to individually by corp. it would uncover a sespool of harassment misconduct and unethical behavior by upper management, lp inc. hr.. this store is a mess and totally a hellish place to work. but it seems the only way out is out the door.. its not a enviorment that empowers or encurages its employees in fact discuragement is all im sure they feel. I am of a different athnicity and have been degrated by a zone at this location even tho I am a reg consumer

D
7:24 pm EST

Lowe's substandard flooring

We purchase this flooring in april 2006. Flooring swelling at seams and it became very dull after wiping down with a damp mop like we were told to do. Frist a lowes rep. Came out and said the floor need to be replaced, then a company rep. Came out and said the damage was our fault. To look at the finish you would think we had alot of dogs and children running through the house, because of all the scrathes and nicks. I will never do business with lowes again because they did not back us up on this complaint. I recommend that no one should ever buy any pergo prodcuts.

2:06 pm EST

Lowe's John Deere riding mower

Sold extended warranty at the date of purchase 250. 00 dollars. 2 years after purchase needed warranty work on the handle of the deck of the riding mower. Rosencrans of N.H. John Deere did the work.. The work was done over 1 month a go. They will not release the mower due to Lowes extended warranty paying on half of the cost of repair and delivery to and from Rosencrans. Right now my riding mower is sitting outside in the snow. Many calls to Lowes but the pass the buck, you can not get a straight answer from the service people. They never cll back. I have heard to many times, this will be taking care of by the end of the week. Please to not buy extended service warranty at the end of the purchase, it is a scam, You will be sorry when you need to use it. Mark Pease

NY Nicky
rochestser, US
May 17, 2023 9:21 am EDT

Lowes stinks fer service...I'm wheelchair bound and they keep making new appointments because they never show ! HA! (2 times goin on 3, do I Hear 4?)

3:54 am EST

Lowe's compact flourescent lights

We purchase several Brights Effects CF lights from LOWES less than 2 years ago when we moved fron LA to TX. We used them in our kitchen (6) the advertised warranty is between 7 to 10 years and they only lasted 20 months. The average usage was 4 hours a day. We understand things go bad and nothing lasts forever BUT, a product that says they last 7-10yrs and only lasted less than 2 years. The cost of these bulbs is quite high and to have them blowing out all the time is an insult and outrageous ripoff. The government should look into this scam.

O
10:09 pm EST

Lowe's epp

I doubt any of you read your terms and conditions. Many of you don't even know how insurance / warranties / contracts work, but you'll b***h and moan about the service that your not paying for. Next time, don't buy the plan, wait just as long for service, and pay for it yourself. The plan basically is there to pay for the service.

I used to work for service advantage, and guess what. . 90% of you have absolutely no idea what you were covered for, or what you were actually entitled too. Thats not our fault, thats your fault. I've bought plans, and since i am an educated consumer, who takes the time to know what i'm buying, i've never had a problem getting things fixed through warranties or contracts.

And to those of you who think calling and screaming will get things accomplished. . . I have news for you. It wont! The plan is not there to make special exceptions. And everyone wants a special exception. The plan is not there to replace your machine because of your situation. And if you would take the time to read the terms and conditions you'd know when you're eligible for replacement. I got so damn sick and tired of being disrespected every single day. Especially when i have went over above and beyond for many of you to make sure your "problems" were taken care of. I have received numerous commendations from people and you know why. . . They let me help them.

That's the problem. You don't let us help you. And what's with raising hell when the representative you talk to doesn't give you their last name or other personal information? Company policy prohibits them from giving that out. And even if they could, it would still be a personal choice. There is nothing saying they would have to give you that information. That is information that you do not need to have.

Read full review of Lowe's and 4 comments

4 comments
alanl715
Corpus Christi, US
Feb 07, 2014 10:56 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Extended warranties are a Rule no longer an Exception.
Gotta purchase them on everything --- TV, electronics, appliances
nothing lasts 20 years like it used to.
We are an authorized servicenter in Corpus Christi, Tx
and I have never encountered a negative on ANY extended
warranty we have ever dealt with...and we work for Lowes,
HDepot, BBuy, Sams, Amazon, and Walmart.
We also sell warranties by Warrantech.
Got a problem ? Call us [protected]

michael louridas
Huntingdon Valley, US
Oct 24, 2012 12:04 pm EDT

Try hiring people from the U.S.A., You will hold on to your customer longer.
They also wanted me to bring in a tech. person at $180. This could all be done over the phone with a American tech.

michael louridas
Huntingdon Valley, US
Oct 24, 2012 11:59 am EDT

I tried to contact any body t fix my C2000hp printer, 3 hours on the phone with some one from India, Could not understand his broken English, he gave up I gave up every body gave up. Thats one of hell way to run a business. No more hp products for me.

JJ1960
Detroit, US
Jan 12, 2012 8:32 pm EST

Uuhh, yea I read the terms and conditions of the extended warranty plan I bought and it was still a waste of money. WHY ? Because of the incompetent warranty company personnel; that's why. Treated like a customer ? He _ _ no ! Collect a pay check whether the person on the other end gets their product fixed or not. Extended warranty plans are a WASTE ! Ponzi Scheme if you ask me. Feeding the pockets of the incompetent ! Save your money and pick your own service tech if/whgen the time comes your product needs servicing. At least then you can control who is going to work on your item and can determine if they know what customer service means. I'm certain extended warranty company personnel can't even spell customer service. You were berated probably because you derserved it !

11:39 am EST

Lowe's combination windows

I ordered aluminum combination windows from the Stevens Point store and paid for delivery. The department manager took my order. He screwed it up. I still have the paper with my measurements to prove he was at fault for ordering windows that were to short. He refused to order the proper sized windows and take the short ones back, but he did arrange to send me expander strips at no cost. He stated he was too experienced to have made such a mistake. When he found out I had proof he made the mistake he became rude, disappeared, and I had to deal with underlings until I received the expander strips in the mail. Now, a month later, the snow is falling and I am freezing my butt off installing the windows. Yes it's late in the fall, but it took me a over a month to get the expander strips.

4:58 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Lowe's poor installation of pergo flooring

November 2009 purchased over $4, 000 in pergo flooring and installation.Contractor started mid November and finished mid Feburary .Incorrectly installed, floor is bowing and quarter round peeling .Have tried to get some resolution from Lowe;s, they all agree it's a poor job and should be re-done.I have unsucessfully to get them to do something.They come out and look but that's about all that they will do.I am at the point I am ready to hire an attorney and slap a law suit againest Lowe's.That seems to be the only way to get their attention.I will never do any business with this co.again.

Hide full review
How to file a complaint about Lowe's?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Lowe's. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing on Lowe's Appliance Purchase" or "Delayed Delivery of Lowe's Online Order".

4. Detailing the experience: Provide a detailed account of your experience with Lowe's. Mention key areas such as customer service, product quality, delivery, pricing discrepancies, or any other relevant aspects. Include specific details about transactions, such as dates, amounts, and item descriptions. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, including any inconveniences or problems it caused. If you attempted to resolve the issue with Lowe's, outline the steps you took and the responses received from the company. Explain how the issue has personally affected you, whether it be time lost, frustration, or financial impact.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, emails, or photographs. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information that could compromise your privacy or security.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue with Lowe's. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it be a refund, exchange, or other forms of compensation or resolution.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your description of the issue is easy to understand.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to formally file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates regarding your complaint. Be prepared to engage in further communication if necessary to resolve the issue with Lowe's.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Lowe's contacts