Lipaphen - Acai Berry Cleanse & Life CleanseAccounting discrepencies and lies about free trials

I ordered under a free trial for 30 days of 2 products offered. The Acai Berry Cleanse and the Life Cleanse. I received the product 7-10 days after the order. Twenty days after I signed for these my bank account was charged. The trial was not complete and the amount charged was different than the add had stated. I was told my account would be charged $79.86 for the product after the free trial period ended. I was charged $87.13 twice. I have contacted the company about my refund and canceling any subscriptions. It is difficult to locate the original web pages because the sights and the amounts are always altering. Each product that is offered has a different web page. Lipaphen.com is available now 12-28-08. They sell Lipaphen-RX, Acai Berry cleanse, and Life cleanse.

• Lo
    Lori-ellen Ivers May 09, 2018

Hi All,

I know I said all of this before about going to a store instead of buying online but, I found myself unwell enough to try and use online services. I asked for the free sample and never got it. The thing is I rang them to cancel any further orders even though I didn't ask for any. I know that by the time they are packaging up your sample they are already setting up your next order and taking your money. Again I didn't receive anything.
    I contacted my bank cause my son noticed $150.00AU coming out of my account every month. My bank tried to trace them and the bank gave me back every penny this company took from me unauthorised.
    So, if this has happened to you then call your bank and hopefully they cover you for this kind of fraud, as mine did.

Lori-ellen Ivers

• Ni
    nick Aug 23, 2016

If you have been victimized by this company, please file a complaint with the Internet Crime Prevention at http://complaint.ic3.gov. As we are only dealing with 40.00 - 90.00 charges, the only way that this agency will take us seriously is if enough people report it. It is also important for everyone victimized by them to know that if they purchased this free trial from an advertisement on a blog which appeared to be started by a regular Joe - that the information within that ad DID NOT state the 15 day trial clause. That information can only be found if you purchased your trial directly through their website. If your purchased your free trial as I did, you were given a phone number that is not a working number.

This is very obviously a scam - because even when you call the correct number to cancel your subscription - they refuse to acknowledge any requests for confirmation of the cancellation - and they refuse to allow you to speak with a Manager. In addition, even after cancelling your subscription, if you call again, you will find that your subscription is still "active". You have no way of proving that you cancelled it as they do not accept "letters" for cancellation. Thier policy states that all cancellations must be done by phone. How is anyone to prove that they called and cancelled. I would advise holding on to your phone records. That is the only proof you will have.

• Li
    lissapoo562 May 25, 2010

all u have to do is go to rite aid or any drug store- in the vitamin section find acai berry also a bottle of green tea extract and maybe if its bad constipation, add stool softener-trust me they work! it takes acouple of weeks but stick wuth it i ordered the the same "cleanse" and never even used the restroom!! also, there is many cleanses in rite aid, natrol is a brand its in abox -a 7day, 14day or a weekend cleanse $10each! and they work!!! or if you need something once in awhile that works there is a tea the brand that works the best is "china slim tea" all natural no caffiene& it works in 8 to 12-hours i take it every sunday morning, usually its working that nite or next morning-depending on you. im on medication that constipates me all the time- the ingredient that makes this tea work so well is senna leaf- ALL NATURAL! it say on the box its a dieter's delight, all i know is it works- thank god! i finally found everything i told u about to work and it all very inexpensive!!! good luck-melissa

• Cy
    Cyd56 Jan 19, 2010

I also ordered from this company - don't tell me it was stupid, I know that. Within the cancellation period I cancelled, no more charges so I thought everything was fine. It is now 8 months later and another charge has shown up on my credit card from a different company - detoxifree. I contacted my credit card company and they told me that they could not reverse the charge because of the original online agreement which said that the company or its assigns could bill me. They told me I should have gotten the original cancellation in writing - that doing it over the phone was not good enough. I have emailed "detoxifree" at the address provided but it was returned as undeliverable. I phoned their number but it is outside of office hours - I will try that again tomorrow. Anyone has any suggestions on how to get satisfaction?

mrs lucia Nov 13, 2009

I am also a victim of this fraud. I ordered just a 15 days trial period and got charged automaticaly for the next period of 30 days (they advertise 15 days risk free trial period without mentioning, that afer 15 days it automaticaly turns on monthly delivery). I tried to cancel my order and claim the money back guarantee, but on the number, that is given for customer service, there is no answer - the operator says, that this number is not in use!!! It is definitely a fraud. Lucia

Mr.Q Nov 04, 2009

where and how can i cancel my account and i cant call them becouse im not from us. But from Denmark and i cant find email so can cancel it. Plz help me

• Ki
    KillaCam12 Oct 05, 2009

I cancelled within the 14 day trial I ordered it on the 27th of Sept. and Cancelled Oct. 5th and I still got charged I just cancelled my check card. I'm filing a claim with my bank if my money isn't returned.

• Lo
    Lori-ellen Ivers Sep 18, 2009

Hey, just wanted to let you all know that you don't have to go through all of this nonsense. These companies are probably all set up by the same people. When you have trouble with one they flick over to another company name. Stop trying to get something for nothing, it'll never happen.
    Do what I did, just go to a health Food Store and pay the full price and you are the only one in control of your finances. I took a good look at these sites and very nearly did the same as you. The only difference was, that I listened to that little voice in my head and said "No." Sorry guys, I know you're all in trouble but you have to tune into that little voice or you will really be in big trouble one day.
    Best of Luck

Lori-ellen Ivers of Australia.

• Gw
    Gwen LM Aug 24, 2009

EVERYTHING THAT WAS WRITTEN ABOVE about the Life cleanse and Acai Berry IS ABSOLUTELY THE TRUTH.
    I LOVE that they say for immediate service go on line to our custer service chat room. After waiting like an idiot for a half an hour watching my computer to see if I cannot get a response to my free trial...No one ever came on to chat...I will try some of the suggestions and if necessary have my bank investigate this fraud...
    THIS PRODUCT IS PROMOTED by Oprah and Holly Berry I wonder if they are part of this company...?

Staceymg Aug 22, 2009

Thanks everyone for posting your dealings with the trial offer. I was just about to purchase the acai berry detox and the Life Cleanse for trial offer with reduced shipping so I would only be paying $2 for each. Thought I would try but then thought it sounds to good to be true just check the internet. I am SOOO glad I did. Now I can avoid the whole double billing and problem with cancelling etc. THANKS!! I hope you all get your refunds!

Annette74 Jul 25, 2009

Thank you so much for this websit... I also ordered my free trail only a few days ago but for some reason I decided to look further into this product tonight when I come accross this site. I must admit I was totally taken back at how stupid I have been especially considering how careful I am normaly. With all the above advice I cancelled my card straight away letting my bank know what had happened. At present I have only been charged the postage fee and now that my card is cancelled they can go and jump... Thanks to all the above warnings as without them I also would have been one of the people that got caught out.

• Gg
    GG Funk Jul 22, 2009

Yes, I also tried the 30 day free trial, of ACAI BERRY. Before my 14 day trial was up, I received my credit card statement. I was billed 39.95, for SKY BERRY CLEANSE. An 1.19 Foreign transaction fee. Plus 1.95 EXPRESSBERRY, with a .05 Foreign transaction fee. Also, a 2.00 EXPRESSBERRY with a .06 Foreign transaction fee. A few days later I received another shipment. Which I mark on the envelope return to sender. This was unopened. Yesterday, I received my credit card statement. Again, I was billed 87.13 EXPRESSBERRY 2.61 Foreign trans-action fee. I called. She said I stilled Had to pay for what I sent back because there was no REM number. The call last 20 mins. She told me to call my lawyer. I also had a charge of 39.95 with a 1.19 fee for RAINFORESTBERRY. Today I received a package with LIFE CLEANSE. Do I send it back or keep it? Either way I have to pay.

• Ro
    Rosiea Jul 12, 2009

Same thing happened to me after free trial got sent another batch and charged 79 English pounds, what! I would never have agreed to something that cost that much per bottle. Still trying to get a refund with returned product.
    Australia.

Steve61 Jun 28, 2009

Iwish i would have checked out this site before hand because i fell into the same trap that so many of you did! My experience was pretty much so the way Andy in the comments above described his experience. Cancel your credit card immediately and have a new one issued with a new number and then they can't charge you!!! I will be reporting this to the BBB and Consumer advocacy as well as having my bank go into disputing these charges for me. I'm going to nail the ### regardless of a refund or not!!! Steve61

• Ra
    rachel hassan Jun 26, 2009

thank you all for comonig up with something like, cos if something like this is not published, am sure more and more people will keep on falling victim of this evil men.this is 100% scam, i did not know about this until i fell victim myself and my wife.imagine we paid £154.00.for a product we did not recieved, that sound crazy, isnt it? but one thing i know for sure is this, we can deal with them.can we?but there is someone who is greater than all of us, which i believe will deal with them in his own way.

• Hi
    highly upset 2 Jun 19, 2009

TO GEMMA
    "YOU PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID! It is YOUR fault. It says right in the terms and conitions that the "free" trial must be cancelled or you will be charged and be signed up for a monthly membership. "

It isn't about our problems with reading the T&Cs or following directions- it's about them not following their own terms. A company doesn't charge you before they state that they will, if they are honest. And because of that people are calling it "fraud" and "a scam". If the company posts charges on the 14th day of a 15 day trial IT is at fault, not the consumer. Also, we all know that a pill won't lose the weight for us. It is just to aid in health and weightloss is a hoped for side effect. None of us are stupid just because we're hopeful and maybe even gullible. If you have ordered something and it worked for you -Great! If not, and you're on here just to put in your opinion, then at least consider yourself lucky that something like this hasn't happened to you. I'm sorry if you find this offensive, but please consider other's problems before you make judgements.

• Hi
    highly upset 2 Jun 19, 2009

I also have a complaint. I checked my bank account tonight and saw a charge for $78.53 posted for SkyBerry Cleanse. This is not what I ordered, and it is still within my trial period! If you do go down and read the terms and conditions it states: https://www.securecartcenter.com/Nzg4OHwyNjc3fDMzMDA2N3x2Mg==/z2q5n4b9/g
    terms and conditions at very bottom, in super fine print.(partial exerpt) :

NOTE: All products come with a fifteen (15) day free trial period (“Free Trial”) as described in this Agreement. If You have any questions about Our Free Trial, please contact Our Customer Service Department toll-free at [protected]. Our Customer Service Department is open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

Free Trial Policy: Our Free Trial policy requires You to understand certain important dates. The policy, and the important dates for You to know, are as follows :

Beginning on the day that You place an order for a product (“Product”) from the Website, Your fifteen (15) day Free Trial period begins (“Free Trial Period”). The Free Trial Period is calculated in calendar days, not business days.
    You will be shipped a thirty (30) day supply of the Product You ordered. Generally, Your Product is shipped 3 to 5 days after placing Your order. Delivery time is subtracted from Your Free Trial Period, and will reduce the number of days allocated to Your Free Trial Period. If You want to extend Your Free Trial Period due to slow postal delivery or delayed pickup, You must call Our Customer Service Department toll-free at [protected]. Reasonable requests (as determined by FWM) to extend Your Free Trial Period generally will be granted.

Also:

Unless You cancel this service, every thirty (30) days thereafter FWM will send you an additional thirty (30) day supply of the Product You ordered, and the credit card You provided to us will be automatically billed for the Product.

Also, according to the T&Cs you have to cancel EVERY 30 days or you'll get a shipment and billed for it. Which is B.S. once you cancel it should be forever and for good! It sucks that you have to cancel your card and get a new one, but that seems to be the way to go. With my bank the payment has to go through before you can dispute it - so I'm out more than $80 with NSF fees on top of the unauthorized charge! I should get that back, since according to the T&Cs you have 30 days to get a refund from the time you ordered the trial. Here's hoping! If not then I'm going to see what I can do to take them to court (and make them pay that as well!) It's really too bad that no one is getting this information before we order and put ourselves and our livelyhoods in this much jeopardy.

This is the site that I ordered from :

and this is the T&Cs:

• Si
    Simon Jun 05, 2009

I have had exactly the where same experience, had the free trial I paid for postage, then was charged £72.27 15 days after my first order. I am furious! I will now be making it a mission to have this company closed down. I will be reporting it to the police and to Watchdog.

• Em
    Emma. UK Jun 02, 2009

Thanks guys for all the comments on here. I nearly ordered these tablets but decided to look into them a bit more.(thankfully!) I think I will contact my local health shop for an alternative instead, but your comments were realy helpful.
    Emma. UK

joebloggs May 23, 2009

if you think what you have gone thru is bad listen to this...

i placed an order for the free trial acai detox and life cleanse both 14 day trials. paid my £3.95 shipping was told it would take 3-5 working days for product to arrive not even 2days later i checked my bank and the theiving rats had taken £115 out of my account and to top it off i haven't recieved my products yet. they want suein for what they have done to us

• Es
    esther May 21, 2009

tipical americans.. stupid consumist and quick temper .

havent you learned to R E A D ?? next time you buy online make sure you do. Its silly to read all this drama from ignorant people like you.

"Allways talk to a supervisor " well that does not work in more civilized countries like here in europe !

• Em
    emma May 18, 2009

IM having real problems locating the website i ordered it from to cancel. i have not recieved any tablets at all but have been charged by acaiwww.viv.com a website that doesnt exist two payments of £79 and two payments of 4.70 in the last two weeks.
    i do live in england but cannot get through on the [protected] number thats suggested here. does anyone know a way to stop payments other that cancelling card

• Ki
    kidchaser Mar 10, 2009

I wish I would of found this site before I ordered the acaiberry detox. I never recieved my free trial and when I called they said they would check into it. Of course they charged me $87.31 and 10 days later charged my account again. I still had not recieved any product, so I called the company again to get a refund and cancel my account. They cancled the account and gave me a reference number, but would not give me a refund for not getting any product. When I finally recieved a product from them it was not what I had ordered. It was a product called Life Cleanse. So I called again to see how I can return the product and get a refund. They said they would send a email with a ref. number and address to return the product. Well I never recieved the email. So I called again and that person basicly told me I was out of luck because they will not refund any shipped product, even if it is the wrong product. I also did read the fine print but didn't think I would have to pay for a product I didn't order. I never had a problem getting them on the phone. The people I talked to were not very friendly.

• Pa
    pam Mar 08, 2009

mrp1967 writes:I finally received my refund/credit of $87.13 this morning! Yay!! It took 3 weeks (1/27/09) of threatening them that I would contact the BBB and my County Clerk office to pursue action against them, and they finally credited my checking acct. with the refund today.

This is what I did: I would call religiously almost everyday, and give them hell. I made sure I spoke to a supervisor. They finally gave me a reference # - I took a break from calling them a couple of days - and I happen to call again on Friday, Feb. 6th, and they mentioned that my refund was sent to the dispute department, and my acct. would be credited within 7-10 business days. Thank goodness I got my money back, and I've learned my lesson.

For current victims, be persistent in getting your money back! It can happen. You have to threaten them in order to get your money back. I would call [protected] after 3 pm EST. I really never had a problem waiting for a long time. I realized that this was the best time to call them; I usually waited no more than 5 minutes for an actual person. Good luck!

I did call and call and said that I would file a claim with the BBB, they sat there and laughed at me. They verbally abused me, called me a liar, and a lot of other things. But I will continue to do something. I will get my money back somehow.

• Ge
    Gemma Mar 05, 2009

I am shocked that I am the only person who has written a comment like that. You are all over there writing hate messages to Acaiberry, calling them scammers and saying its fraud! Haha. YOU SIGNED UP FOR THIS "FRAUD"!!! Take the loss and move on. Your just making yourselves look childish and ignorant. Or and the vocabulary in these posts is wonderful. No wonder your the ones who were "scammed"! You probably cant read!

• Ge
    Gemma Mar 05, 2009

YOU PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID! It is YOUR fault. It says right in the terms and conitions that the "free" trial must be cancelled or you will be charged and be signed up for a monthly membership. I mean, first of all, how ridiculous do you have to be to think that these pills are going to magically make you thin and be FREE!!?? NO! It doesnt work that way. Even if they did work, you would have to take them for months and follow a strict diet and excerise program. Did you seriously think this would make you skinny by taking 15 days worth of pills? And that you would be able to do it for free? Grow up and enter the real world. It doesnt work that way. Nothing is free. Especially when you have to enter your credit card number! Haha! I hope none of you get your money back just for being so freaking dumb. READ BEFORE YOU ENTER YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER ANYWHERE!

• La
    lake Feb 27, 2009

So... for your safety... get rid of that credit card, they will in the future continue to do unauthorized charges.. trust me, read some of the Complaints on this website...

• La
    lake Feb 27, 2009

whether you read the find print... it's still bogus... they are not upfront with you because they need time to suck up that credit card of yours... it's sad that We try to do the right thing and continue to order things online and run into crooks like this:

Two dietary supplement marketers that lured consumers on the Internet with allegedly deceptive weight-loss claims and bogus "free" sample offers, and then debited their bank accounts or charged their credit cards for continuing shipments without their consent, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that they violated federal law. With the increase in Internet marketing, the FTC staff has issued a report providing guidance for marketers to help them avoid deception in making online "negative option" offers. (With negative option marketing, a company takes a consumer's silence or failure to cancel as acceptance of the offer and permission to bill them.)

• Ms
    msveryupset Feb 27, 2009

I so agree with the fact how they really try to sceam u out ur money i was charged the $87.13 & $85.91 and the number to cancell don't work and now i can't find the other web site i highly pissed how can they be allowed to charge you before you even have the products in ur possession im so mad i can't evn talk anymore you guys just beware and do read the very fine print since they won't tell u that!!

mrp1967 Feb 18, 2009

steck321 Feb 09, 2009

It may be our fault to buy it but taking the right steps to cure it and it still back fires, what a crock. I ordered the acai berry, and a week later I cancelled it because I didn't receive the product. I waited fourteen days. They gave me a refrence number and said that I would not be charged at all because I didn't receive anything from them and that my subscription was done. Three days later they charged me 87.13 twice. I went to my bank filled out a dispute form, cancelled my card and sent in also for the overdraft fees that incuured with having them withdraw the money. Also, you may find a charge for 19.95 from some selfhelpppf.com. They are in cahoots with them. Dispute it because the idiots there won't even know who you are, just that they got your card number from the other company.

• Di
    Diamond Feb 07, 2009

Hi! I just checked their site.. i think it is not really a scam.. I mean .. the terms and conditions they have posted is of legal basis.

Terms And Conditions

CAREFULLY READ AND AGREE TO PURCHASE TERMS BELOW BEFORE ORDERING:

I understand that by ordering Lipaphen, I am agreeing to receive Lipaphen for a free 14-day trial period (days of availability for actual usage could be less depending on shipping time) beginning on date of order. $4.95 (non-refundable) for S&P. I understand that unless I cancel by calling [protected] within this 14-day period, beginning on the 14th day my credit card will automatically be charged $87.31 (Free Shipping) for a 31 day supply of Lipaphen to be shipped at that time to my door.

Thereafter, until and unless I cancel, my credit card will automatically be charged an additional $87.31 every 31 days for a new supply of Lipaphen. I understand that I may cancel any future shipments Monday through Friday by calling [protected]. Our hours of operation are from 8am to 5pm MST.
    We do not accept returns on any products that have been shipped.

FWM Laboratories
    Lipaphen-RX
    2495 Stirling Rd #20
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
    [protected]

Here are the links for the other products..

Please check the terms and conditions first.
    I was never a victim of any scams online .. Because I read everything first.. I'm not to eager just because it says FREE .lol

It's hard to accept the truth but it is still your fault guys...

Andy Feb 04, 2009

For all those that are saying this should be reported to the Better Business Bureau, check this out: http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/01/08/bbb-warms-of-acai-berry-weight-loss-scam/

Maybe you can use it in trying to get your charges reversed. I am going to try!

• Ti
    tickedoff Feb 02, 2009

The same thing has happened to me. First a charge of $3.95 for shipping, then my product came, and ten days later a charge on my account for $87.13. I have disputed it with my bank because I put it on my debit card. They gave me a number to call which was disconnected. Does anyone have a number I can try??? This is horrible!

• In
    insnitalian Jan 31, 2009

*******************************************************************************
    IF YOU USED A CREDIT CARD - - - CALL THE BANK AND DISPUTE THE CHARGES
    *******************************************************************************

• In
    insnitalian Jan 31, 2009

********* READ THIS ************
    1.) OK - A LITTLE HELP FOR SOME OF THE TRUSTING PEOPLE OUT THERE. THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY GIRLFRIEND MONTHS AGO WITH THIS COMPANY. WE NEVER GOT A REFUND... SO DON'T BANK ON IT.

2.) THE INTERNET IS FULL OF SCAMS AND HACKERS (WITH VIRII AND KEYLOGGER PROGRAMS) THAT WILL STEAL YOUR CARD INFO OR SCAM YOU WITH FREE TRIALS BECAUSE NONE OF US READ THE GOD DAMN FINE PRINT, I HAVE DONE THIS MANY YEARS AGO AS KID SO LISTEN TO ME.

3.) IF YOU WANT OR NEED TO BUY ### ONLINE --- *** GET A PREPAID CREDIT CARD!!! ***

THAT'S IT...WOW...SO SIMPLE NO, I'M NOT SELLING THEM BUT YOU CAN GET THEM FROM YOUR LOCAL DRUG STORE OR BANK - THESE WON'T HAVE YOUR NAME ON THEM EITHER, BUT HAVE A VISA OR MASTERCARD LOGO AND ARE USED JUST LIKE YOUR BANK CARDS.

4.) I HAVE 3 OF THESE CARDS I KEEP AT HOME. IF THERE IS NO FUNDS ON THE PREPAID CARD...THE SCAM COMPANY GETS NO MONEY!!! IF YOU WANT TO BUY SOMETHING THAT COSTS $6.95 ONLINE, GO LOAD $10 ON THE CARD AND USE IT RIGHT AWAY. THEY GET THEIR MONEY, YOU GET YOUR ###, AND YOU DON'T LOSE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY... THAT'S IT!!! I HOPE I HELPED YOU PEOPLE GET A CLUE ABOUT THE INTERNET AND YOUR MONEY. IF JUST ONE OF YOU LISTEN TO ME THEN THIS HAS BEEN WORTH MY TIME... TAKE CARE - HAPPY SHOPPING!! (safe shopping) :-)

Jo W Jan 31, 2009

Unforutunately, I am a victim also and just waited 15 minutes for someone to answer the phone at [protected] listening to horrible music and then a hang up. How can I stop them charging my bank account? I used a debit card also. I haven't even tried the stuff and am now scared to. did anyone try it?

madwoman Jan 30, 2009

I unfortunately found this site to late. I ordered the free trail and by the time I got my bank statement they had already charged my account $87.13 twice. Every number I have has been disconnected or keeps you on hold forever then disconnects you. I went to my bank and cancelled my debit card. I will never ever try anything on the internet again if I can't get it at a local store I won't be trying it. Even if I could have gotten through to someone I truly don't think for an instance I would have gotten a refund. These people if that is what you can call them are frauds and obviously find making money easier by ripping off innocent people instead of earning it. They are nothing but thieves of the lowest kind.

• Dm
    dmg Jan 29, 2009

I am currently on hold (have been for 10 min) waiting to speak with a supervisor. I ordered the trial for 3.95 on 1/20 and saw today my acct was charged 87.13. I called and got my cancellation confirm # and was told me refund request was sent in - but there is no way to personally get in contact with the refund dept., they will contact you via email with no specific time limit. I too will NEVER order from a "free trial" website again!

mrp1967 Jan 29, 2009

I've also am a victim to this deceptive company. I too believed I would only be charged the $3.95 s/h for the Acai Berry detox. I ordered that on January10th, and never received the product, 1/29/09. I was totally thrown for a loop when I checked my checking acct. balance on Tuesday, and saw the $87.13. I called immediately that morning. They gave me a lot of run around. They said the $87.13 would be credited back to my acct., but I had to wait for their email confirmation. I'm still waiting! I even called back today at [protected] AND the number is disconnected!!! I will NEVER try another free trial product online.