Leon's Furniturenon delivery of my order!

A Feb 06, 2020

On Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 at approximately 6pm, I ordered a reclining chair (order # 02040SBAVAT) from Leon's furniture store. Delivery date was to be Thursday February 6th as per the confirmation email I received at 6:12pm not long after ordering and checking out and paying with my credit card on their website.
At 7:08pm that same night, I received a call from the Leon's store in Sherbrooke, QC from a customer service agent named Arianne, who informed me that my delivery would no longer be on Thursday, Feb 6th, but on February 27th instead!!! I was very confused as to why this would be, as I clearly had received a confirmation email for my delivery on the 6th. She said that their store only delivers to my area on the 3rd Thursday of the month, thus I would have to wait. I explained to her that this would not be possible as I recently broke my ankle and am using a wheelchair and crutches to get around, and desperately needed this chair to elevate my leg …and thus I why I specifically chose this particular recliner as it was indicated on their website that the shipping would be in two days after my purchase. Arianne said it must be a website glitch and delivery would not be possible until the end of the month.
I asked to speak with her manager, whom was busy at the time, but Arianne said she would let the manager know to call me back. I received a call back from a Mme Aude at 7:19pm, who basically repeated what Arianne had told me. I suggested that perhaps another Leon's store could deliver to me on the 6th instead of their store in Sherbrooke. That apparently was not possible either. I then suggested they contact a private delivery service such as Purolator, FedEx or UPS for the delivery. She told me this is not Leon's policy and also would not be possible.
I repeated again, that their ‘website' glitch was not my problem, and I expected them to resolve this delivery issue and stand behind their word. Having an external delivery service would not be a huge expense to satisfy a customer who has been loyal to Leon's for over 35 years!! Mme Aude said she would speak to her ‘directrice' and get back to me on Wednesday February 5th with an answer. I said I would be waiting for her return call the next day.
So, surprisingly enough, on Wednesday, February 5th at 11:47am, I received yet another email to confirm my recliner would be delivered on Thursday, February 6th from their Leon's store in Anjou. I was ecstatic…I figured they finally found a way to get my recliner delivered!!!
But that enthusiasm came to an abrupt halt when I received again another call from Arianne at 6:48pm, the customer service agent at the Leon's store in Sherbrooke, that indeed that was another ‘website' glitch and I would NOT be receiving my recliner chair on the 6th as twice indicated on their emails sent to me!! I could not believe what I was hearing, and I felt confident that I would indeed be receiving my chair on the 6th. She reiterated that that was not going to happen and I must wait until the 27th. I told her I was expecting my recliner on the 6th and would be waiting at home as the delivery was confirmed for between 8:00am - 11:30am.
So here we are on Thursday, February 6, 2020 and when I went to track the delivery of my recliner as per the confirmation email I was sent, a new message appeared that now indicated that my order was ‘Incomplete-Votre commande n'a pas pu être complétée.
Pour plus d'informations, contactez le magasin.'
I am now very upset as I have been given the run around by Leon's through their website and their customer service. I am appalled that I have been treated this way! I have been shopping at Leon's for decades and am completely disappointed and furious that no solution was found to have my order delivered today as promised, plus I have been totally jerked around by them. I cannot believe that Leon's cannot stand behind their word!! What an absolutely miserable situation.