Having problems with LensCrafters?

4000 Luxottica Place
Sat9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

bait and switch

Lens Crafters advertised $100.00 off so we (my fiancee and I ) went there instead of my regular (smaller...

lens pricing - transitions

Called around for pricing for my 9 year old's glasses. One place that took my insurance wa...

breach of contract

I reported this Lenscrafters to the better business bureau.

I went to Lenscrafters to get contacts. I paid $120 for my trial pair. Per contract, the $120 included the eye exam, the trial contacts, and the follow up appointment during the "trial period." After two weeks my contacts began to burn my eyes very badly. I contacted the doctor for a follow up appointment. When I arrived, the receptionist told me that if the cause of my burning eyes was "medical" and not caused by the contacts I would have to pay for the entire office visit out of pocket. I had no problems with my eyes when I didn't wear the contacts. It was clearly the contacts that were making my eyes burn. When I asked how much an office visit would cost she rudely said she didn't know and couldn't even try to estimate. When I retorted that I shouldn't have to pay anything because I am still within my "trial period" she told me when I got my prescription (to get my glasses by the way) the trial period had ended. I am a lawyer. I read fine print. The trial period does not end with the prescription.

Eventually, the doctor came out to address my concerns. I ended up paying $30 to ensure my burning eyes were okay; and $150 total to own a pair of contacts that burn my eyes. If you want to be treated like crap, and experience a breach of contract...this is the place to go.

• Co
    commonsense14 Nov 30, 2010

You say you have a law degree, so you should know that there are a myriad of reasons that could cause a red eye. And yes, the majority of red eyes from contact lens wearers are caused by overwear or lens incompatibility.
    But do you not understand that doctors of optometry are the professionals that diagnose and treat primary ocular conditions and disease processes that can be associated with contact lens wear? Do you not understand that contact lenses are medical devices regulated by the FDA to protect patients from hurting themselves; therefore, annual eye examinations are required to ensure patient safety and compliance.
    Let's say the contact lens IS to blame: too tight or too loose-fitting, too steep or too flat the base curve. Ok, then that is easy. Your optometrist can change the parameters/lenses and refit you in another of the thousands of brands that are out there.
    But what happens if you had developed an infection that spread to both eyes and necessitated medical treatment? Do you not understand that therapeutic prescriptions (topical or oral) require a doctor's evaluation and treatment plan? Would you know which eye drops to use? Or do you realize that topical antibiotics are NOT available over the counter?
    You lament about paying $30 to have your eyes checked. Do you know how many patients are uninsured in this country?
    Let's say you had a corneal ulcer, or infiltrative keratitis, secondary to contact lens wear. You blame the contact lenses for "burning" your eyes. Do you realize that changing to another brand does NOT eradicate these conditions? That the standard of care for these serious, potentially vision-threatening conditions is to DISCONTINUE all contact lens wear, and treat appropriately with topical and/or oral medications?
    Or let's say you just "happen" to get new contact lenses and are very sure the lenses are causing the eye pain/irritation/burning. And then you ask the doctor to give you new lenses or switch brands, which in actuality, you have something like a viral (herpetic) or fungal infection that requires very serious treatment. Hmm, brand new, even the fanciest of contact lenses won't fix that...
    I know you don't have a medical background, but come on here. Let's realize that these are medical devices regulated by the FDA, and NO DOCTOR will try to voluntarily cause you pain by prescribing contact lenses that are intended to hurt you.
    You claim the "trial period" had not expired. If the doctor wrote you the prescription, then when do you think the trial period would cease? Or perhaps you don't WANT it to end because you figure, these are 14 day lenses (2 weeks) and you're supposed to replace them every two weeks as instructed. Perhaps they were burning because you were supposed to order a supply with the prescription, and follow the recommended wearing schedule of 2 weeks per each pair of lenses (usually they come 6 to a box).
    If you were at the end of the 14 days (the intended lifespan of the original "trial pair" of lenses), then of course they will burn! They're only designed to last two weeks!
    Instead of having a nice dialogue with your doctor, of asking to be refit in a more comfortable lens, you marched into a professional office demanding to be seen and to not have to pay because you feel you're still within the "trial period."
    Hmm, let's see. If a doctor prescribes blood pressure medication for a patient, and instructs the patient to take it twice a day for 2 weeks, and follow up in two weeks for re-evaluation, do you think that patient is charged again an office visit on the followup?
    OF COURSE IT'S CHARGED!

bait and switch

After having a bad experience at Eyemasters in the same mall your store is in, I went to Lenscrafters to find...

re - useing frames that was returned

I called atty general 3 years ago and told them what lenscrafters was doing. There reply was we don't...

prescription sunglasses (defective lenses)

Summer 2008 I purchased regular prescription glasses and a pair of prescription sunglasses at the...

charges

LensCrafters

#856 Campcreek Marketplace
3600 Crampcreek Market Place Blvd.
East Point, Ga 30344

On April 24th LensCrafters charge my credit card for 274.95 for a prescription.for glasses. On April 30th someone called me and said that the Lab could not fill. it. I told
them to put a charge back. It is June and they have not done anything. My bill is due. I did not buy anything so why did they put a charge on my card first?.

• Bi
    BigDan04474 Jun 14, 2010

did you go back into the store to swipe your card? or did you give them your credit card number over the phone? LensCrafters like many other large retail companies do not store your credit card information so you have to do one of those two things in order to recieve a refund.

service

I purchased 2 pairs of glasses - clear and prescription sun - on May 30.
Within a day or so, the prescription sun glasses lens popped out - and kept popping out. The first chance I had to return to the store for repair was 11 days after purchase on June 10, 2009.
At 12:00 the salesperson told me the lenses needed remade and would be ready in 1- 1 1/2 hours. I returned in 1 1/2 hours to wait another 1/2 hour for service.
I was told at 2:00 that the glasses were ready. The salesperson handed me the glasses - but they were barely tinted. I told the salesperson they were not the same tint as the lenses I returned. She said they were.
She retrieved the old lens and with a side-by-side comparison, the lenses were NOT the same darkness level as what I specifically requested in my original order, which these lenses were replacing.
WITHOUT AN APPOLOGY - I WAS JUST TOLD I HAD TO WAIT ANOTHER HOUR.
The Carolina Place Mall Lens Crafters staff is inept - unprofessional - rude and unaccommodating.
I paid a high price for Lens Crafters service and was treated VERY POORLY, lost time from work and had to make an extra trip out of my way to retrieve my glasses with NO APPOLOGY.

gemoneybank

I went to lenscrafters for my glasses they cheated me on the price saying my insurance only paid $35 towards my glasses. My payments for the glasses coverage is more then $35 a year. My employers insurance rep said I shouldnt have had to pay over $50 for my glasses. I was charged $347 which they financed with Ge Moneybank. I made payments for a year and a half when I started getting late charges and phone calls that my payment was late. I would get a phone call 3 days after I got the bill in the mail. I was told my balance was $427 after making payments for 1 1/2 years. I asked for a list of payments and charges especially late charges. The man I spoke with did not speak or understand english very well. He refused to give me this info. I told him I would not make another payment untill I recieved this info. I never recieved anymore paperwork from them but they turned me over to collections. I have 8 credit cards and have never missed a payment, never went over the limit and always pay double the minimum payment. These people are crooks and no one should do business with them ever. I bought a video camera 10m years ago from GE. It was in there warrenty repair station 6 months out of the first year and they would not replace it. I will never have another GE product as long as I live.

Hammed3 Jun 01, 2009

First of all, did you check with your insurance company to see if Lenscrafters was an in network provider? Secondly, the account through G.E. is at the MOST a 6 month no interest. I'm sure that was explained to you at the time of purchase. The interest started after your deadline. You are responsible for taking care of payments.

nmgene Jun 01, 2009

They are a prefered provider for Aaetna. I have filed a complaint with Aaetna. And the prosectors office for fraud. I have paid $534 on this acount and they claim I still owe $430 That is something like 200% interest. They sold acount to a collection agency that say I now owe $740. I was never late on any payment. You need to read the first report again before you make another stupid post on this.

Hammed3 Jun 02, 2009

Your's, of course, is the stupid post. The Aetna is in no way related to the G.E. account. so that needs to be seperated from the start, ignorant. The interest goes to somewhere around 22-25% if not paid within three months. So, Einstein, if you don't pay your bill the interest accrues. Do you know what that means? PAY YOUR BILLS.
    As to the Aetna. If your plan didn't show up originally, there was still time to fix it. Lenscrafters offers that service. You could have gone back to the store and had the bill adjusted for the insurance. I know this, because I had to do it. IT WAS SIMPLE.
    Let's sum up now. YOU applied for a 3 month, same as cash account to pay for your glasses. YOU didn't pay the bill in the 3 month period. You are STILL responsible to pay the balance plus accrued interest. YOU paid for glasses you should (Maybe) have paid less for, but YOU didn't have it adjusted for insurance after the fact. On top of that YOU had a 30 day guarantee time to return the glasses, but YOU didn't take advantage of it. IT WAS ALL YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, KNUCKLEHEAD.
    Do your local Lenscrafters a favor and stay away. They are too busy being number one with MILLIONS of satisfied customers for you to be a hassle to them.

nmgene Jun 02, 2009

It is obvious you dont understand what you read. It was 12 months no interest. The amount was $327. I made $39 a month payments, this should have been payed of in 10 months but was set up on auto payments with my credit card. The payments were always on time. If you dont understand what you read why are you posting on this???? I have used Lenscrafters for over 20 years, obviously there computer made a mistake but it was new insurance and I did not know for several months that I had over paid. Not untill I mentioned it at work and was told by the foreman I had overpaid, then it was too late to do anything about it. Do the numbers numbskull 10 X $39. is $390. 18 times $39. is $524. Yes I wasnt paying attention but they still grossly overcharged me and I have paid well over what interest they should have charged and they still want more. Collection agency wants another $730. which would make total over $1200. They are crooks IE GEMONYBANK. Lenscrafters made a mistake but I didnt know it soon enough. If you post another message to this I will file complaint against you.

Hammed3 Jun 03, 2009

There is no 12 month same as cash with G.E. through Lenscrafters. One pair is 3 months, 2 or more pair is 6 month.

nmgene Jun 03, 2009

doesnt really matter what the interest free time is. They are totally overcharging on the interest and wont give an acounting of payments, charges or fees.

• Me
    Merisha Jul 21, 2009

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS 12 MONTHS SAME AS CASHE PRICE CRY BABY.

mary mcfee Jun 16, 2012

BOYCOT THIS COMPANY!!! LENS CRAFTERS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! THEY SCAM PEOPLE BUY MISREPRESENTATION AND MISLEADING THEIR PRODUCTS THEY SELL CHEAP QUALITY LENSES FROM CHINA AND OVERCHARGE THE CONSUMER!!! THEN THEY OFFER THE CONSUMER TO OPEN the LENS CRAFTERS CREDIT CARD
    with GEMONYBANK AND THEY MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT for the consumer TO PAY THE CREDIT CARD SO YOU ARE always LATE AND THE GE BANK CHARGES THE CONSUMER LATE FEES!!!

mary mcfee Jun 16, 2012

LENS CRAFTERS ARE THE WORST !!!

AWFUL!!!
    BOYCOT THIS COMPANY!!!
    THEN THEY KINDLY OFFER THE CONSUMER TO OPEN the LENS CRAFTERS CREDIT CARD
    with GEMONYBANK (MORE CROOKS!!!)
    Once consumer opens that credit card then they have you by the %#%
    NOW, THEY MAKE IT SOOOOOOO DIFFICULT for the CONSUMER TO PAY THE CREDIT CARD SO the consumer becomes LATE AND THE GE BANK CHARGES THE CONSUMER LATE FEES!!!

employee-april

Purchased glasses on May 08, 2009, received call stating that lens needed to be returned and they would call us when ready. Today, we decided to call, person answered asked my husband to hold, he waited approximately 8-10 minutes, someone got on the line and asked who he was waiting for, he told them waited another 5-6 minutes was told lens had come in but needed to be inspected and that they would call, they indeed called. We drove to LensCrafters at Arbor Place Mall which is about 20 miles from our house. Salesperson April assisted my husband, we looked at the glasses and discovered that the glasses were a bright blue and that we did not like them.Salesperson April said to us in an arrogant way, didn't you know they were blue when you bought them, to which I replied, if we had known they were blue we wouldn't be surprised right now, the glasses looked dark brown. After that she wouldn't help us to select another pair of frames she just ignored us. A Lab Tech by the name of Chris saw our frustration and tried to help us with great appreciation LensCrafters lost money that day because I, too, was going to purchase my glasses from them We are expecting our refund and shall never go back there again, not because of the glasses, but because of lack of consideration on the part of April the Salesperson

Hammed3 Jun 01, 2009

Go to the store in Fayetteville. They will help you without a doubt.

• Dy
    dyllan Sep 18, 2009

well weren't you there to pick out the glasses in the first place?
    frame colors don't change. maybe you need to get your eyes check ma'am.

glasses broke in 4 months.

I purchased new progressive lens glasses from LensCrafters 4 months ago. I really don’t care about name...

disceptive replacement discount

I scratched the right lens in my glasses which I purchased from Lenscrafters 2/28/09. I paid $615 for 2...

eye infection - dangerous!!!

EYE INFECTION WITH ABSCESS!
My mother had an eye exam and purchased glasses from Lenscrafters on Thursday. On Friday, she developed a HORRIBLE eye infection with abscess. Doctor said he treats lots of eye infections after exams from improperly sanitized eye equipment. Nurse said she takes her own sanitation wipes and uses them before putting face against equipment.

• Ka
    Kat Apr 29, 2009

The doctors next to Lenscrafters are independent of Lenscrafters. Your complaint would be with that specific doctor. Check the prescription they wrote for your mother and it should have the name of the doctor's practice.

• Op
    Optidoc Jul 02, 2009

"Eye infection with abscess" usually takes longer than 24 hours to develop.

price gouging

I find it despicable that Lenscrafters offers a Standard Progressive Lens with "Obstructed field of vision"...

poor customer service

Today I visited the Towson store to have my glasses tighted. I took a seat and was still sitting in that seat...

rudeness from office manager

The office manager heather castro was not helping anyone. I sat and waited patiently for 13 minutes very...

pricing outragous

I took my daughters frames, which i purchaced my self, to Lenscrafter in Buffalo ny at the Galleria Mall. I just needed the lenses put in. I had a price of 119.00 at a different oftical store but unfortunatly it was 5 days to get the glasses back. Lenscrafters could do them the same day. Yes but they wanted 350.00!!!
this is ridiculous. An absolute truth about stealing when it comes to stealing the customers money.
There is absolutely NO way you can justify this price.

Hammed3 May 14, 2009

If your daughter is a single vision wearer, Lenscrafters has an option for $125.00. If her rx is strong, especially high astig. correction a hi index lens may be more beneficial. Those can reach the $350 range. if you added things like the anti reflective coating and/or photochromatic lenses they to can reach that area. It was all up to you. High quality optics and workmanship do cost more. also, Lenscrafters coupons and promotions are for frame and lens purchase only. I'm sure if they had accidently broken the frame during the process, you woul have whined until they gave you another one. For that reason, they can't discount as much for lenses only. The stealing talk is childish drivel, too. You obviously were not forced to purchase their product. Do your local Lenscrafters store a favor, and go somewhere else.

mags18 May 25, 2009

hammed3, you are awesome! Nicely put!

• Pa
    parmac Jun 18, 2009

I have been an optician for 20 yrs . and I am sick and tired of customer complaints, from the time it takes to getting their glasses to the price they have to pay for them. Yes, we make mistakes, we are only human after all and not machines.Yes, some complaints are legit. Nothing is ever 100% perfect.The Lenscrafters store I work at bends over backwards to give the best customer service we can & take pride in our work. If we make a mistake we always fix it. Customers want the highest quality products then have a fit when they have to pay for it. Yet when it comes to buying that big screen t.v. or those designer clothes no one seems to have a problem forking over their money. What consumers forget is that buying glasses is not like buying a pair of shoes. Glasses are a medical device and are custom made for the pt. We are part of the medical field. In Nevada, opticians are state licensed and have to get nationally certified & state licensed all while working in the field and getting a degree from the college. All this just so I can sell you a pair of glasses or contact lenses. We have to renew licenses every year and take C.E. classes to be able to renew said license. This is no differant than drs., nurses etc. I am offended to be called and treated like a car salesman. No one twists your arm or wrestles your money out of your hand. You have a choice to say yes or no to the purchase. Consumers need to start taking responsibility for there actions and quit blaming us for their poor decsions. This has become the american way of life. Always someone elses fault. Last I looked this was a free country & YOU HAVE CHOICES. If the price is not good for you, JUST SAY NO.

Hammed3 Jun 24, 2009

Very well said Parmac.

• Li
    lizbe Jul 26, 2009

You can absolutely justify the price. You're paying for the convenience. It's the same as paying $1.50 for a cold bottle of Coke from a vending machine when you COULD buy a 2-liter for $0.99 at the grocery store. If you're not willing to pay that much to get them on the same day, then don't.

• Bo
    bobalover May 10, 2010

Yea, Lenscrafters is pricey. Honestly you can just go to any Chinese place and they'll give you the exact same pair in the same amount of time for half the price. So I guess you're paying for name. Nothing wrong with that. Personally, I'd rather have the money in my pocket.

poor workmanship and service

Twice the glasses ordered were not made correctly and the third
time the glasses had scratches on them from this company so a
one hour ready to pick up became a week and a half.
Never again will I use this company.
The employees could care less, One thinks they may have
a self sabotage going on in Manhattan?

bad customer service

My neighbor has recently purchases a pair of eye glasses from Lenscrafters and didn't have a very pleasent customer service experience. My neighbor is an older lady and during the purchase of her glasses was given nothing but the run around from the manager at the Wausau Lenscrafters location. The latest information I have received from her is that the overall infromation about her eye glasses is still pending and this run around has been going on for a couple of weeks now. She hopes that a conclusion can be obtained soon and she can either get the money for the glasses or at least get the right services she needs to get the right prescription for her glasses.

frustrated employee

Lenscrafters are runs by people who are power freak. They treat their employees like dogs. I don't think those power hungry freaks are even supporting the mission of the Luxoticca Company. There is no accountability in the higher ups. The morale is so low. They are abusive of their powers. The whistle blower policy doesn't exist. I hope those the Retail Associates, Licensed Opticians, Lab techs should stand up for themselves and speak up. These Regional Managers, Store Managers are useless. They are the worst people in the company and should be deleted. They have no morale, no respect to their Staffs. They like to write up Staffs so they gain points. They are very manipulative and should be removed from the Organization and be replaced by Staffs who are dedicated and supportive of the mission. I have worked in this company for years and years and I say, the morale is going down. There is no professionalism in the Industry. Licensed Opticians are being manipulated and being treated like high school graduates. I am so sick and tired of being pushed around. I am encouraging the Staffs to start documenting abuses and be not afraid to speak up.

• Ho
    Honest Apr 02, 2009

I agree with you. The Managers at Lenscrafters both on the field and at the store are the worst" Creatures". They have no ethics, absolutely NO knowledge in the optical field, sadly even the Directors, and are just on the job trained managers. They can lie, manipulate, and are extremely rude and Political. They can do anything to save their Jobs. They get paid for Xmas eve while they can deny Xmas eve ( paid or unpaid) for a Full time employee. They hire full time employees while may be they cant afford them. They lie about PTO hours as earned, while even if someone has completed 1 year by the rules the Employee gets 2 weeks PTO hours added but you get to see that only 8 hrs is added and besides if you leave the job after a year they do not count your PTO hours, "they like to keep the change". They will deny your earned benefits. They are very unprofessional and greedy.

I think Luxottica should hire people who have done some kind of Schooling in Management before hiring them as Managers that way they will learn to respect Managers post and understand how hard it is to earn that position. They will justify the Post, the staff and the Company that they work for.

Managers probably do everything else but manage the Job. They want to go home early, come late, take time-off when they like for personal reasons, go for hair cut while at job, go for lunch for an hour or more, and yes the best they do not clock in or out like the other employees have to.

Wish the CEO of the company is reading these reports too. I am sure it is not the same in NZ or other nations...probably it is just in USA and hope they do something to improve this before losing their good employees. It is not just about MBE from the customers side check if it is from the Employees's side too!!!

• Fe
    Fed up associate Apr 06, 2009

I totally agree. The management at the Luxottica location in Memphis is a joke... One I can name in particular, but I won"t. I once witnessed a team lead go completeley off on a temp in front of everyone. This temp was a very good worker. Because the temp said somthing back to him, she was let go. This is not the first time this team lead has offended associates. Piss poor management let him get away with it once again. I think corporate needs to make a surprise visit and just randomly talk to some of the associates. They would be very surprised at what they will find out. Luxottica has some very good workers who are getting fed up with all the crap... Company morale is at a all time low. Associates work 12 hour days and most of the time on Sunday with no appreciation. Associates, it is time to speak up about what's really going on when corporate's back is turned...

• Va
    ValerieShulder Apr 06, 2009

if this is just a personality clash between workers, you are better off keeping your mouth SHUT TIGHT.
    Personality Clash complaints usually end up in firings, but surprise.. it will be person who filed the complaint being let go after the inquiry is finished..

Your co-workers, sensing they are about to be dragged into something that could threaten their job, will lie and say they have no problem with Supervisor X. They will say nothing is wrong or they haven't noticed anyome getting yelled at etc..

This will lead the person doing the inquiry to conclude that the problem is just between you two. And by getting rid of one of you the problem will be solved. Who do I choose, the temp/sales clerk I can replace tomorrow or the manager who takes alot of time and money to train.

answer is always: you

• jdwil09 May 20, 2009

Man, I am in a state of ...

I just happened upon this website and this post for 1st time ever today.

And I had no idea that I was so very NOT ALONE in my feelings and observations of my once beloved company around me.!

Yes, every statement above is true. Remarks on "MORALE at an all time LOW" were not exaggerated in the least bit. And is getting worse...
    I do not see the job I once prayed for (and then made it come true)- continuing.

• Lu
    Lux-a$$ociate Aug 02, 2009

Honest, Fedup, and Valarie...I totally agree. This activity is taking place in my region as well. Won't say which region or brand but each operates most likely the same.

Just give a two week crash course in optics and you have a managers position! Minimum wages, cutting hours, stopped matching 401k etc... and no experience necessary mean saving money for management level cruises etc... Unbelievable!

Luxottica knows most associates are not optically inclined and would not know how to trouble shoot to save their soul. The remakes usually ending as refunds are amazing!

I stay because I love my chosen profession and have not been fired, yet, for making too much pay, or being too old. I am sure Luxottica will find a reason, like "not making your quota" or didn't "super size an order" in this mass produced, don't give one care organization. But, I will not QUIT what I love.

• Cr
    craig n Jul 05, 2010

yes i agree with the above statements. Hiring unknowledgeable in optics and expect the seaonal help to train them and meet their personal goals as well. and hiring 5 more people and cutting everyones hours. fulltime people getting only 30 hours while the part timers 20 to 25 hours?? also management staying in the office all day doing reports when the floor is busy with customers, unwilling to help their associates. when i started with the company over a decade ago, it was great but has definately went down hill.