Lennarrefund of my deposit

K

RE: Refund of my deposit – Storey Park
To Whom It May Concern,
We are extremely concern with the lack of response and seriousness from your sales office, Lennar, in one of your developments in Orlando, FL (Storey Park).
We were not approved by your subsidiary Eagle Homes after working with them since March 18th 1017. Even though, that the lender explained Mrs. Natalia Morales (sales rep at Storey Park) that we were not approved, she insisted that Lennar will keep the deposit of $3, 500.00. With no other explanation, Mrs. Natalia Morales cut all contact with me and my wife. That’s the reason we need to appeal above, since there are many things that we have learned during the process, and should not happened in order to get us approved.
We learned that Mrs. Natalia Morales and Mrs. Sharon Gutierrez recommended us to change from townhome option to a single family home, because they said it was easier to get us approved: from 11936 Sonnet Avenue (Lot 3241) to 11460 Biography Way (Lot 3264)
We learned that when they could not approve us with a Single Family Home that the recommendation was for my wife to change her 1099 status to W2, causing us financial problems, and I won’t start explaining to you the emotional rollercoaster this process has been for me and my family. We have a toddler who now has to be taken care by a babysitter 5 days a week. The money she made as a W2 hardly pays for our child’s care, but we did it because it was Lennar and Eagle Homes recommendation.
We learned that Mrs. Natalia Morales assumed, even though she has several e-mails from Eagle Homes, that we relinquished our loan and for that reason, she was not authorizing the refund minus $250 as contract stated. It was suspended by Eagle Homes, because I was in training and my commission /bonus decreased during that period (you can request to the staff involved to submit to you an e-mail from August 28th 4:35 pm –from Eagle Homes to Lennar directly, to Natalia Morales and previous e-mails too).
During that suspension, as your staff labeled, Eagle Home asked my wife to become W2 employee. After all the process to cover one of your subsidiaries’ requirements the loan was denied due to not “sufficient time at the job” as a W2 employee. Your staff/associates could not get the exception of a policy that you, as lenders, already have. Your staff made us to do this huge change counting only on a small possibility that the underwriter will do an exception to its own rules.
Mrs. Shannon asked Mrs. Karen Morgan through Mrs. Natalia Morales to read more about the case and to refund the deposit. Mrs. Karen never contacted us, neither Mrs. Natalia Morales regarding our deposit. (We do not know who Mrs. Karen Morgan is, since she was never CC or introduce to us)
After exhausting all resources Eagle Home kept in communication with us, at least they answers our calls, saying that she will appeal above Natalia Morales but unfortunately she was not able to CC us per privacy policy (Phone call between my wife and Eagle Home - September 13th 2017 – 3:39 p.m.).
Two weeks later we have not heard from Lennar nor Eagle Homes. We need your office in Miami to take care of this issue. We want our deposit to be refunded as soon as possible. For the ones today receiving this email $3, 500 may not make a difference in your life, but for us is savings and we want our money back.

Constance Serrano May 31, 2020

Please sign the petition ! The fight starts now! Copy this link!

Constance Serrano May 31, 2020

Please post this on my Facebook page below! Looking forward to speaking with you tomorrow.

Constance 🙂

Conny Sun May 31, 2020

signed purchase agreement with Lennar by 9/15/2019, paid $20000 deposit, and paid another deposit $22100 at 10/17/2019. Total I paid for $42100.00 The home delivery by 5/21/2020

On 4/6/2020, I got denied letter from lender because I lost my job due to COVID-19, then I sent this letter to Lennar request deposit back.

4/11/2020 Lennar sale manager referral me another lender with 8.99% rate and 32% Down Payment, this is a 7 year balloon, which is I can not afford it.

4/13/2020 Lennar manager replied me: The mortgage contingency has expired 30 days after contract signed. A refund will not be processed. Monies will be kept as damages for default. This is a very important point to stress to our customers because the terms of a solution seems better than the alternative.

• Er
    Erica Douglas Nov 23, 2019

Can you add me to the list as well. My deposit was only a $1000 but it my hard earned money! They called me practically forcing me into a home I really wasn’t interested in only to tell me the financing fell through and there’s nothing else they can do for me at this time. They called me several times and I have several text messages regarding the deposit payment not I can’t get in contact with any regarding my refund no one knows anything and know one is answering my phone calls!

• Ba
    Barbie Saiz Nov 10, 2019

how do I get on the list

• Bi
    biomaster Oct 14, 2019

This company is forcing me to close earlier than what i was promised for before i signed the contract. Now they're rushing me to close early and i am unable to do so. I need to save enough money + my lease isn't done until later. Now they're saying their contract language favors them. How can we stop this company to scam buyers ? please advise.

• Pa
    pamyesandno Oct 04, 2019

what is the email I need to send this info?

• Pa
    pamyesandno Oct 04, 2019

please add me 15K miami florida
    and I lost my job because of their finance office malpractices .

Constance Serrano Oct 04, 2019

@pamyesandno So sorry to hear. Contact Caroline above at the Orlando Sentinel cglenn @ Orlando Sentinel.com

Send me a message at conci serrano @ Gmail . Com

• Ca
    Caroline Glenn Sep 16, 2019

Hello everyone, my name is Caroline Glenn, I'm a reporter at the Orlando Sentinel. I'm interested in writing about what all of you are going through and hopefully getting some answers from Lennar. Constance, I've emailed you already, but anyone else who would like to, please email me at cglenn @ orlandosentinel.com or call me at [protected]. Hope to hear from you soon.

Constance Serrano Sep 16, 2019

@Caroline Glenn Thank you for reaching out! I look forward to speaking with you!

Constance

@Caroline Glenn Hi Caroline,
    Do you know any righteous reporter here in California for the same case?
    mine is $40, 000 no loan, no refund.

Constance Serrano Sep 13, 2019

Realtor in Philly - Terry Devlin
    Shelley Valentin
    Ana Liz Marie Velazquez
    GreenU
    Brianna Hulke

Please email me your info ASAP! Help us on the way for all of you. I am forwarding everyone on this complaint boards information to someone who can help! Your emails here are blocked. Please email me at

Conci
    Serrano
    @
    Gmail.
    Com

• Ju
    Juan Esteban Aug 23, 2019

Good morning Constance Serrano

I am a victim of Lennar Homes. I lost my job and not able to qualify for the loan. They are treating me saying I will not get the deposit of 6.000 back. I will like to join to the cause and make justice please!
    I sent you and email and God bless you!

• Ka
    Karli1432 Aug 18, 2019

Constance - I sent you an email. I would like to join.

Hi Everyone,

I have reached out to Morgan and Morgan. I need each of you to email me the following:

Complete Name
    Contact number
    Amount of Deposit
    Date of Deposit Hold

I need this info for the Attorney. I will reach out to call each of you no later than next Friday. Let’s get these crooks!

• Gr
    GreeneU Jul 23, 2019

I am a victim in Florida. Please include me in the class suit against these crooks: I have a "deposit " of $48, 000 with Lennar Homes in Groveland, Florida; no mortgage and no refund.
    Even though Eagle Home set me up with the verbal that the $48, 000 was "investment loan down payment for the investment type loan" and only $3, 000 was actual earnest money deposit for the purchase and "not to worry" because the money would be held in escrow until the closing. Eagle Homes who is there affiliate was deceptively pushed on me as a leander that will "pre-appraise the property and close immediately".
    Little did I know they were under investigation for these very practices and were only trying to get as much money out of me before they went forward regardless of what they knew they could deliver. Little did I know that even though they are affiliated with Lennar Homes and before them CalAtlantic, who I did the original contract in March of 2018, they do not have any corporate money to lend. Eagle Homes is only a paper pushing orginization to submit forms to FANNIE MAE. There buisness model is to either get you a loan from the government which has already penalized them to the tune of millions of dollars worth of fines which makes them the worst place to submit forms from or to deceive the buyer into handing over as much money as possible with deceptive statements and false claims of what is required to get the loan and then not refund it.
    I have a complicated income in that I make over $500, 000 per year but already have lots of floating debt with my corporation and tax write offs for buisness expenses. Therefore separating out my personal debt and my corporate debt sometimes bumps me out of loans that I can clearly afford. This is especially true with the loan on this investment property being only 55% of the appraised value of the property.
    Also they arbitrarily only gave me 24 days after the Certificate Occupation was received from the County knowing that no other independent lender would make a loan until the C.O. was completed and an appraisal done and this can not be done in less than 30 days after the C.O.and appraisal done. They squeezed the C.O. date as close as they could to the loan closing date to guarantee my complicated documents type loan would not go through in time. They would not extend the closing date and therefore I would technically default. All premeditated and contrived.
    Eagle mortgage took advantage of this fact when the appraisal I had on the property came in at $45, 000 dollars higher than the purchase price I contracted for in March of 2018. By denying my loan they got a nearly $100, 000 windfall when reselling the property, used my money for 14 months and wasted extra of my money on paying for appraisals they knew would not be useful.
    At this point Im out of nearly 50, 000 dollars I could have invested with some other honest and reputable builder whose buisness model is making money on building houses.
    Dr Uril Greene (LtCol USAF retired)
    greeneu @ aol . com

Emerson Mejia Aug 02, 2019

@GreeneU #LennarScam #LennarHomesScam #CrookedLennarHomes
    I just started a case here in Florida for their failure to return my deposit. My deposit was $10K and I have an attorney working with me to get it back. If we all (Lennar victims) get together and fight this malpractice, I’m sure we can win. I can provide him you info so you can talk if you like. Good luck.

Constance Serrano Aug 03, 2019

@GreeneU Yes, they are experts on telling lies about how they will make everything ok. “Don’t worry, we will make it happen” and then when it doesn’t happen, they are ghost with your money. I don’t know how these people sleep at night. The majority of the people they are robbing are not wealthy. These are hard-working, sometimes pay-check to pay-check individuals who have saved up for years to get the American dream! It doesn’t make any sense! They have set up a business of legally robbing people based on their own made up rules and regulations that are twisted and one-sided. We can band together and get these liars.

RealtorJaePark Oct 02, 2019

@Emerson Mejia Can I join?
    I'm in California
    $40, 000
    July 13, 2019

RealtorJaePark Oct 02, 2019

@Constance Serrano Can't agree more!
    The most I hear from them was
    Lennar will UNILATERALLY...
    If they will do all unilaterally, why does the contract exist?

Conny Sun May 31, 2020

@Emerson Mejia hello, I have same issue for return deposit back from Lennar, could you referral me your attorney? thank you

Constance Serrano Jul 14, 2019

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for everyone who has emailed me.
    I am compiling a growing list of individuals who this has happened to. I will be in touch with all of you very soon as to what the next step in the process of this class action law suit. Thanks for responding. Justice will prevail! If you have not personally emailed me, please do so at: conci serrano @ Gmail . com

Sincerely,

Constance Serrano

RealtorJaePark Oct 02, 2019

@Constance Serrano Can I join?
    I'm in California
    $40, 000
    July 13, 2019
    3 lenders declined, loan contingent agreement, no refund

Emmanuel Ntui Jun 22, 2019

I am a victim in Florida. Please include me in the class suit against this crooks: I have a deposit of $35, 000 with Lennar Homes in Saint John; no mortgage and no refund.

Realtor Philly May 01, 2019

I am a REALTOR in Philadelphia representing a couple who have $31, 296 on deposit and have been turned down twice for a mortgage...they said we would get it back...any contact information anyone may have for a SUSAN BERNSTEIN IN NYC...she has the RELEASE from the AGREEMENT OF SALE...HELP?? Terry Devlin [email protected]

THANKS

• Sh
    Shelley Valentin May 07, 2019

@Realtor Philly Hi I too am a Realtor (in Florida) and currently have two different buyers with issues (one close to closing but the other only one week into contract and because he’s related to the first it has caused the second cold feet...) Lennar is giving a hard time to my client wanting to cancel ... any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Constance Serrano May 07, 2019

@Realtor Philly By joining forces, we could beat these crooks!

Emerson Mejia Aug 02, 2019

@Constance Serrano #LennarScam #LennarHomesScam #CrookedLennarHomes
    I just started a case here in Florida for their failure to return my deposit. Send me your info at emersonmejia @ gmail.com and let’s add you to our list.

• Yy
    yyaah super Mar 11, 2019

how can I join your class action lawsuit?

Constance Serrano Apr 23, 2019

@yyaah super Hi, we are currently gathering info for all who would like to join. I will add your email to the list. If you could privately email me your name and the amount that was kept, that would be great!

@yyaah super Email me

Emmanuel Ntui Jun 22, 2019

@Constance Serrano I am in: I have a deposit of $35, 000 with Lennar Homes in Saint John.

[protected].

Emmanuel Ntui Jun 22, 2019

@Constance Serrano I am in: I have a deposit of $35, 000 with Lennar Homes in Saint John; no mortgage and no refund.

[protected].

@Emmanuel Ntui Hi Dr. Ntui

I have added you to the list and will call you shortly.

Constance

• Br
    Briana Hulke Feb 04, 2019

What deposit did you guys make on a new home purchase? What percentage?

Constance Serrano Apr 01, 2019

@Briana Hulke Hi Briana, they are keeping $30, 000 deposit money. My brother and his wife, although they had good credit scores, and made above the average income, were not approved for the loan and they said they were not entitled to receive the money back based on the contract.

• Ka
    Karli1432 Apr 23, 2019

@Constance Serrano How can I join, 21, 000 deposit

@Karli1432 conciserrano

Constance Serrano Jan 27, 2019

Everyone who has experienced Lennar Corporation keeping their deposits, please send me email to [email protected] I am filing a class action lawsuit against this disgusting company and we need everyone who has been scammed by them to help, if you want your money back. Send me your name, amount of deposit and date.

• Sh
    Shelley Valentin May 07, 2019

@Constance Serrano The website is blocking your email address? Can you please list it maybe with spaces so we can read it? I have a client that is going through this right now too only being one week into signing his contract but after seeing the train wreck his family member is experiencing whole building their home with this company they’ve now decided to run (costing me commissions too btw) but of course this company is giving them a hard time to cancel the contract let alone refund their deposit... in any case, would like to forward your info to my clients just in. Case they need it... thanks

Constance Serrano May 07, 2019

@Shelley Valentin Sad to say, they will most likely not return their deposit monies.

Emmanuel Ntui Jun 22, 2019

@Constance Serrano Please include my case: I have a deposit of $35, 000 with Lennar Homes in Saint John; no mortgage and no refund.

Analizmarie Velazquez Jun 25, 2018

Have you received your deposit back? I am going through the same situation and I would like to know how you ended up!

• Eg
    Egda Avila Oct 29, 2018

@Analizmarie Velazquez We are very concerned, going through a major disappointment with Lennar Homes and wondering as well if you got your deposit back.