LCBOdiscriminatory staff

S

I went to North York Empress Walk LCBO ( 5095 Yonge St, North York) store on 25th February'2017 at around 7 pm. I was searching for a particular brand of beer which I bought previously from the same store. It took me about 7-10 minutes searching for the same as I was not able to find it. I noticed that a LCBO staff member (Female of Asian origin) was following me and keeping an eye on me as if I was a Criminal or a shoplifter. Just because I am brown, I felt I was being singled out and felt very humiliated with her behavior. There were other customers in the store but it was quiet evident that this particular staff member was keeping an eye on me in particular because of my skin color.

I understand the need of staff member's to be vigilant in their respective stores for any shop lifters. But there are ways to do that. It should be subtle and not at all evident to the customers or come across discriminatory or racist. But in my case it was quiet evident and obvious just because of my skin color. Majority of people are honest including me but this is not the way for LCBO staff to behave and treat their patrons. I live in the same vicinity as this store is, but with this incident I will be very uncomfortable visiting it next time as I felt very unwelcomed and discriminated against. I am an honest citizen of a country which takes pride in its multiculturalism and diversity. But this staff member's action clearly reflected the mindset and ailment that of our neighbors in south.

I want this Asian employee to be removed from the front line till she gets a proper training on diversity, customer service and how to treat and respect customers. She needs to be given training on "Canadian Values".

Yours,

A very concerned citizen of Canada.