Krogerkroger brand seltzer water - raspberry

J

I am contacting you to make you aware of a potentially dangerous situation with Kroger brand Seltzer Water (raspberry flavor and maybe others).

My daughter and I were driving in the car when a can of Kroger sparkling water exploded. Admittedly, it was about 5 min. after we had gotten back into our hot car where we had left an unopened can of your water, but I have NEVER had this happen before! We honestly thought that a gun had been fired into our car...it was terrifying.

In trying to use less metal in your cans...they are creating a real hazard for their customers!

• Ra
    radiochick Aug 13, 2019

I drink the Lemon Lime and several cans have exploded.

• Jt
    JThea Jun 17, 2019

This has been happening to me for the last few months upon opening the cans. The tab that gets pushed in will explode out the top like a gunshot and if I have my hand a certain way, it scrapes it and leaves it really red. I only drink the lemon flavor. I had a single can do it a few months ago at work, but the last couple of weeks, every other can I open does it. Soda has even started to come out the top sometimes, although most of the time it's just the loud explosion. My friend only drinks Kroger lemon lime and she says she's never had that happen. It's scary and startling.

• Da
    daiseyduke7 Jan 04, 2019

This same thing happened to my last month with Kroger Seltzer Water - Cranberry Lime flavor. I was home on maternity leave and thought that a bomb went off. The can exploded out the top where you would open it to drink from! I'm lucky my newborn was in my husbands arms instead of my own because my ears were ringing for the rest of the day. I am now afraid to purchase any more of their product. I drink various brands of this water and this has never happened with any other brand. So Scary!

• Ra
    radiochick Aug 13, 2019

@daiseyduke7 have you filed a complaint with Kroger? Apparently they use a bottling company in Arizona called Kalil Bottling and this has happened to me too.