Kohl'srude employees and unwritten policy!

M

My wife and I go to Kohl's weekly to shop for clothes for her. She has spent thousands of dollars in this particular store in Hendersonville, TN. Today we went in as usual browsing clothes, and when she had picked out enough we made our way to the fitting room. We are nearly 30 and have been married for 3 years. She has always taken me in with her to comment on how the clothes fit and if she should buy or not. We have never had a problem doing this before, and there are NO signs posted stating that a man is not allowed to go in to the dressing room with his wife to give her opinions on her clothes. The main reason she takes me in is because she wants to save herself the embarrassment of having to walk out and show me in front of everybody if the clothes don't flatter her.

Well today like any other time, we go into the fitting room and she starts to try on the clothes. The only signs that I see on the wall say "5 items or less in the fitting room at one time", and a sign to the effect that the dressing rooms are monitored, so don't try to steal anything. NOTHING about men not being allowed inside the rooms.

Suddenly a terrible bang comes from outside and a woman starts yelling, yes YELLING about how I am NOT allowed in the rooms, that they are for woman only and I need to get out immediately, and how I should be ashamed of myself. I stated I was not aware of that policy and left the room, having to traverse the eyes of the bystanders that heard her outburst, and now think that I've done some 'lude' act in the dressing room with a girl. On top of this, my wife then has to go through the embarrassment of bringing every outfit out to show me, instead of being able to show me in the 'privacy' of the dressing room.

As I stood outside the dressing room, I started to become angry because I realized that NOWHERE did it state that I couldn't go in. It was as if I should magically have had this innate sense of etiquette that tells me that a man is not allowed to accompany his wife anywhere there are other women locked in rooms, whom I can't see trying on clothes. RIDICULOUS.

As the woman walked by I read her nametag. Kathleen. I was very polite to her. I said "Ma'am, I don't understand why I was asked to leave the dressing room?"

She began to make points that didn't add up.

1 - She stated that this fitting area was in the woman's clothing area and was therefore naturally intended for woman ONLY.

My problem with this. the sign says "For your convenience - FITTING ROOM". NOTHING about 'Female only' fitting room, 'Non-Male' fitting room...

I stated that we were a married couple for 3 years and were grown adults of 30 years. We had no intentions of any wrong-doing, and that I thought that she had been extremely rude and obnoxiously loud when we had done nothing wrong.

2 - She stated that it was a store policy and that all customers were required to follow it.

My response...WHERE IS IT WRITTEN? Where is it so that I know that? I would have no problem following a store policy if I know it exists.

Her response was that if I am a grown 30 yr old, I should know better! hmmpf.

So I asked to speak to her manager.

She gets on the phone and no doubt tells the manager her side of the story which I'm sure was twisted in her favor.

The manager comes over (not wearing a nametag; AMAZING) and proceeded to be as rude if not more rude than Kathleen. Stating that I should KNOW that I am not allowed in those dressing rooms.

I told her I wanted to see it in writing. If it is a store policy, than it must be in writing SOMEWHERE.

Her response - I don't have time to show you.

My response - well, we don't have time to buy these $300 worth of clothes.

Her response - I don't really care.

So there you have it...I would say this incident qualifies as discrimination when I am not allowed someplace when there are no signs posted saying I can't enter, especially when I am with my wife.

I will also be sending this to Kohl's headquarters in hopes they will at least take action to make sure this kind of incident doesn't happen again by posting signs and hopefully taking action against the parties involved that were extremely rude and hurtful to me and my wife.

chris Apr 11, 2008

I find this complaint interesting for a couple of reasons. First, I think that both employees probably did handle the situation wrong. However, did you ever thinkr beyond the "embarrassement" of your wife? What about the "bystanders" who could have been offended by going into a fitting room with a male in the same room? These fitting rooms are, as you point out, PRIVATE! Women, and maybe more importantly, MEN, do not want you seeing or walking in while someone is looking at their potential purchases. As I am sure you noticed, there are 3 sided mirrors in most fitting rooms...do you think they are there to make the rooms look bigger? Common, think of more than just yourself!

• Sc
    Schroeea Apr 18, 2008

Surprisingly not allowing the opposite sex into a fitting room applies to every store nationwide even though it is not written everywhere. it's the same idea that guys aren't allowed into women's restroom..there are no signs saying no men/women allowed because it's technically common sense. the fitting room in department stores is limited to the gender of the department (misses dept is for women, mens dept is for men) you are in, which is why there are no in between fitting rooms or if there are there is a clear men and women side.

Dan Jul 13, 2008

What a complete idiot!

Men don't belong in women's dressing rooms no more than they do women's public rest rooms! He is lucky he didn't go to jail for Disorderly Conduct or Disturbing the Peace. Furthermore after he was told to leave the dressing room and he argued about it, Trespassing after Notice might have been applied.

My question to the complainer?

Dude, are you stupid or something?

DAN

• Mi
    Michele Aug 09, 2008

You are right, there are no signs showing mens or womens fitting room, or that only one gender should be in fitting room. Have you stopped to think about other men going into fitting rooms with their wives? Would you mind other men being in there when you wife is but for some reason you are not? My husband is 6' 6" tall. How tall are the walls of the fitting rooms? Going on your idea, no sign everyone welcome, trying on bras might become a peep show. Its bad enough when there are children in with their mothers and they are crawling around her room and you hear her say "DON'T LOOK UNDER THERE!!!" I am sure you are not peeking but with soceity today women can never tell what the "man just helping his wife" is really up to. My suggestion, pick out everything she wants to try on, buy it, take it home, have a fashion show, then return what is not flattering on here. Yes, the employees handled this very badly.

• Sh
    Shopper Oct 01, 2008

Common sense and decency dicate the appropriate behavior in this case. It was the women's dresssing room and you are not a woman, right? You do not belong there. Further if your wife is embarassed to show unflattering clothes in front of everybody, imagine how the other women in the dressing room feel when they are forced to show off their choices in front of you. Why are you forcing yourself into this situation. Surely you've ntoiced their is typically one big mirror and it is hung in the common area, where you are hanging out. Consider the good of the whole vs. the good of the individual. You are offending other customers just because your wife has some insecurities. The other female customers who in total spend more than you do, have their liberty compromised with your presence as they are unable to freely roam and examine themselvers in the WOMEN'S Fitting room when you are they.

I'd also question that if your wife already thinks the cltoher are unflattering, why is she showing them to you at all and why would she consider buying them?

Buying clothes is a comparitively simple decsion. Does your wife bring you to job interviews? To work? To buy food? Gas? If your opionion and privacy are so critical and your wife cannot make these decisions on her own, why not buy the clothes and have her try them at home? If you veto her choices, they can be returned.

• Li
    lisa Nov 18, 2008

As a woman, I would have been furious if you were in the dressing rooms. Commen sense (of which you apparently have none) dicate that men should NOT be in the female dressing room areas. Kohl's would have been more liable if they allowed you to do that and then fielded dozens of complaints about it at their corporate headquarters. In fact, they probably would have had a class action lawsuit. God knows what you were doing in those rooms and if your poor wife couldn't walk out to show you, then she should have purchased the items, brought them home and RETURNED what she didn't want. Both of you apparently have very poor judgement and Kohl's wins on this one.

• Bi
    billyboy Feb 01, 2009

This guys is a complete idiot!! Stay out of the women's fitting room ###!

• Rh
    rhino Feb 23, 2009

you people are all crazy. is it common for women to try on bras not in the fitting room itself? there's closed off fitting rooms, it's not just a whole big room where all the women change together and this dude went in. he's not going to see any of the other women. this guy is right. a women's bathroom is marked. if there wasn't a woman on the door of the bathroom how would you know? this happened to me with my 8 year old daughter this weekend. so not only did i look creepy, but i looked creepy in front of my little girl. if you're filing a discrimination suit, let's make it a class action.

• Hk
    hkohls Oct 02, 2009

ahh i spend thousands of dollars remark ive heard so often!!!who cares how much money you spend there..it doesnt allow you to do what ever you want!!!stay out of dressing room its uncomfortable for other women!!!

• Ti
    tigger2512 Nov 07, 2009

You really are nuts! You should consider yourself lucky i wasn't one of the women in that dressing room that day.
    If they were meant to be unisex dressing rooms there wouldn't be a separate womens or mens in the first place.
    AND if you think you are right..you should get yourself some serious help because there is seriously something wrong with you.
    You're wife can't be that insecure about how she looks..she was out in the first place.

martini7 Jan 19, 2010

your an idoit. i don't care if there wasn't a sign stated no men allowed, have common sense. i hardly doubt that there was a loud BANG on the door. who cares that u are married 3yrs and in your thirty"s, does that give u the right to do what u want, also who cares how much u spend in the store, belive me 1 lost customer one gained. and for the associatesd who u said twisted her story, i don't think so, and n0 manager is going to tell u that they don't have time to show u the store policy, u should know better. what if there were young girls in there, i work at KOHL'S and if i ever see a man going into the ladies dressing room i'm calling security!!! also i think your wife can come out of the dressing room and show u what she tried on. get over it.

• Tn
    tnargskrap Jun 11, 2010

I rounded up my Kohl's payment, which should have left a .53 balance. When I got my next bill I noticed that credit balance wasn't there and checked my previous online statement. Kohl's had simply added a .53 charge to take my extra money! I just called and they'll reverse it, but if this is happening to all cardholders, I'm sure there's others out there who sometimes round up their payment.

• Dy
    Dyltex Jul 24, 2010

I had a very similar incident at a Kohl's in Texas, what i find interesting is that none of the comments honestly address the actual issue that these dressing rooms are not labeled women or Mens unlike rest rooms as some people use as an example... on top of that in these dressing rooms there are separate stalls with their own doors for privacy. The fact that he was asked to leave is clear gender Discrimination. What if it was a father helping his daughter or a husband helping a handicapped wife does that change anything? I wasn't yelled at but the women that addressed me while I was bringing my girlfriend a shirt that she requested implied that i was a pervert and a pedophile for having been in the dressing room conversing for a whole 15 seconds with my Girlfriend. When we approached the woman who was the manager on duty at the time to resolve the issue she became extremely defensive and continued to point out the fact that she was protecting young girls and that I may be a bad guy. To the rest of the comments, wait until you are shamed and embarrassed by some woman you don't know for not doing any wrong and we'll see your tune change, the fact that you let your civil rights be trampled by Kohl's employees is ridiculous.

• Ai
    Aidan Aug 02, 2010

While it is true that the fitting rooms are not labeled, it still does apply that you should not be in the fitting rooms in the womens departments...

It isn't that we don't trust you guys, not at all. It's simply this: we receive complaints from other customers who are uncomfortable with men in the vicinity. I've heard all kinds of weird ones. Also? We've had couples having sex in the fitting rooms. It's for our protection, and for the protection of our other customers.

But you're right. We don't have labeled fitting rooms, nor do we have a clearly posted set of rules regarding the fitting rooms. I've often wondered why we aren't better organized in that way.

But long story short...please use your discretion, and your common sense. We aren't trying to be mean at all.

• Hi
    Highballit Mar 13, 2011

I recently experienced the very same situation at a texas kohls. And I will be following up with legal action.
    These people have no idea who I am. And it is not up to me to accomodate other customers ( male or female )
    It is up to the business to accomodate all genders, races, ethnicities and so on.

I was also told other customers were uncomfortable that I was in the private dressing room with my wife. Not my problem what others r comfortable with. Last time I checked, this was the USA and if there is NO POLICY that states NO MEN ALLOWED then I and my wife are adults and free to share the expierence of shopping, fitting and trying on clothes as we see fit.

Go to wallmart and u will find a central dressing area that is unisex and has full doors, complete privacy.

So it is time for kohls to change its dressing room design. And or provide gender specific rooms.

It was complety rediculous that we walked to the mens department and there were womens clothes not 20 ft away from the dressing room area in that department. We used that dressing area and no one had a problem.

My wife is a size 7 and very attractive, so dont flatter yourself and try and impose your will and inflate your ego by convincing yourself I am looking at you changing clothes. " get a life and mind your business"

• Ko
    KohlsGeneral Jun 06, 2011

Get a life

• El
    Ellie997 Jun 12, 2011

What is really sad that in this day and age, someone would even THINK that a store not having "clearly marked" dressing rooms is worth a lawsuit.
    I am saddened by the death of common sense and common courtesy. Common sense tells ME that if there is a dressing room in the MEN'S section, it must be for men. If it is in the LITTLE GIRL'S section - hey, probably for little girls. Common courtesy tells me that even if I want my husband to approve of my outfit, I will need to come OUT where he can see me, because other women don't want HIM in the dressing room!
    I feel sorry for the Kohl's employees who had to spend their valuable time explaining this to a 30 year old man. But I REALLY feel sorry for those who think it is some kind of civil rights violation to ask a man not to hang out in the women's dressing room. Sad.

samIam4640 Sep 17, 2011

Maria new supervisor of LP at Kohls in Northern California is an abusive monster!

Avoid working here. This is a terrible place to work.

• Pl
    Pleaseuseyourbrain Jan 11, 2012

Round down if you're zeroing your balance. The .53 charge will fall off too.

• 19
    1950 Nov 24, 2013

I work for Kohl's and would love to write a book someday on stupidity of customers.
    There have been reported cases of men going into women's dressing rooms using mirrors to look under and watch women as they undress. Couples having sex in dressing rooms. I do not know about all Kohl's but our doors when closed have a small gap and you can see inside the dressing room. So to the complainer you think you were picked on and treated rudely. Poor baby. I am sure you would be the 1st to scream the other way if someone was spying on your wife So please take your $300.00 worth of cloths and go to Walmart, I don't want your business, and I do not think Kohl's will go bankrupt over losing you as a customer Wow would I love to be able to tell some customers face to face the same thing.

danoTx Oct 20, 2018

@1950 Kohl's spends millions on architects to remodel there stores, it's not a detail left off. Corporate doesn't want there dressing rooms labeled Women or Men. If a manger were to labeled there dressing rooms they would probably be fired.

• Bl
    blame the parents here Nov 24, 2013

I am sure on washroom doors there is no where that says you cannot go into the woman's washroom so do you use that as an excuse to go into the women's washroom. The reason they don't put a sign there is because they expect people to use basic common sense. Something even a six year old knows. Not their fault you cannot use your head.

• Bl
    blame the parents here Nov 24, 2013

Also you are another person that mistakes making you follow the rules as "rude" Then you get angry because you were asked to leave the women's fitting room because you don't use your brain. I feel bad for your wife.

Dad who never knew Dec 05, 2013

In Wooster, Oh. I was the man waiting for his young daughter as my wife told me to do. We were the only ones in the dressing room when an employee yelled you can't be in there. I walked out and asked why. She said can't you see the sign as she started to point to it and realized there was none there. I then stood a few feet outside and when she looked at me funny, I said 'I'm just waiting for my young daughter who is still in there!" I'm sure bad things happen in fitting rooms. Common sense and the number of embarrassed people and confused employees on here should be a wake up call to Kohl's. There are many unisex fitting rooms in many stores. If Kohl's are not unisex simply put up a sign.

• Cu
    Customersareidiotss Mar 09, 2014

Target, Walmart, Kmart, shopko, ect have one dressing room. All unisex. I am a woman and unless stated otherwise, the dressing rooms are unisex. How often have I seen women go into a "men's" dressing room? Thousands of times. I hate showing others clothes that do not flatter me to the general public. Why? I have actually been told things such as "you shouldn't buy that", "that isn't really flattering"... Seriously! Been told that by STRANGE WOMEN. So not only for my privacy, I want my husband in the dressing room with me. It is private, it HAS A LOCK. And I will do the same for my husband. I go in and help him try on clothes all the time. The fitting rooms that are in the "men's" department is for CONVENIENCE, so you do not have to walk across the store to search for a fitting room. Yes it is PRIMARILY one sex in there. If I see a man walk in to try on clothes in the stall next toe in the woman's department? So be it, it is not a problem. Ladies, men can shoot innappropriate pictures ANYWHERE. Check out the news and "up the skirt" pics taken on subways. If they are caught doing something inappropriate then yes, throw the pervert out. But 99.9% of people out there are decent. Stop being prudes and discriminating against genders.

What if I was transgender? There is no dressing room for male-female and vise versa. Dressing rooms like I said are placed in departments for convenience. Until they are labeled, they are unisex.

• Ro
    ROBFORTY1 Mar 24, 2014

You are a ###.
    Women don't like men in their fitting rooms. In case we need to look at ourselves in the mirror other than the one in the stall.
    Your wife could walk 10 feet out and show you just like everyone else does.
    Why are you OK making other people uncomfortable.
    You are in your 30's but are acting like a teenager. Grow Up!
    Your only married 3 years and your wife is so insecure she needs you in her stall while trying on clothes, do you hold her hand in the toilet as well? Maybe some counseling is needed here.

• Sp
    Speaker-upper Dec 28, 2014

A few days before christmas I took my teenage daughters clothes shopping at a local Kohl's. They picked out clothes and bras. We entered the dressing room to find a man standing in the center hallway looking down the row. I asked him to please leave as I didn't feel comfortable with my daughters trying on clothes/bras with him outside the door. He claimed the same arguement as the man who started this complaint. He said it doesn't say women so its everyone's room and I am looking at my wifes clothes. A few problems. 1. He was not IN a stall with his wife. 2. A wife never appeared from a stall to "claim him" as I argued with him. 3. He had no clothes to try on which is evidently Kohls policy for being in the fitting room (as you will see from their response to my subsequent complaint). 4. The "stalls" are not rooms, they are cubicles with half walls that start over 2 feet off the floor and end about 5 1/2 feet off the floor with louvered doors ( so NO they are not private and as a 6 foot woman I stand taller than the walls). I sought out the store manager to express my concerns and he, yes a HE, didn't seem the least bit bothered and didn't even go check the situation in the fitting room. I promptly took my daughters and left over $300.00 worth of clothes in the cart. I complianed to Kohls and received this response. . . I regret to learn of your recent store experience. At this time, we have designated areas that our customers may use to try on clothing items. While our fitting rooms are not gender specific, it is our hope that customers use fitting rooms in an appropriate manner that is comfortable for all customers. I googled the issue and along with this post I found the following 1. Man arrested for videotaping in Kohl's dressing room Oct 2, 2014 2. 10-year-old busts man trying to record her in Kohl's dressing room Aug 7, 2014 3. 22-year-old arrested for filming woman in Chesterfield Kohl's dressing room Feb 22, 2014 4. Police: Kohl's janitor admits to changing room videos June, 24, 2014 5. Man arrested for spying on woman in Kohl's dressing room Dec . 4, 2013 THATS AT LEAST 5 INCIDENTS IN 1 YEAR IN KOHLS!! So first, the world is full of ill people so get over that its inappropriate to go in the dressing room with your wife and its uncomfortable for the rest of us! Second, clearly Kohls needs to change their policy and put up a sign that says WOMEN or MEN on their dressing rooms and empower their employees to enforce it so the bottom feeders of society stop using their policy to victimize and assault their customers. Shame on anyone who doesn't feel that all this information isn't enough justification for dressing rooms to be same sex only. I, and my children, will never step foot in a Kohls again. And for anyone who can't live without their spouses feedback on clothes, go to a boutique store with real private dressing rooms and pay the $ for the convenience. Otherwise do what we all do buy, go home, get yeahs or neighs and return!

• Tr
    Tril Mar 22, 2015

Very similar experience with my fiance and me in Kohls. This woman decided to come in and curse and yell at me for being in the fitting room. I've always used that same fitting room to try on Men's clothes as well, without a problem. If it were a policy it would have been posted. look at stores like Wal-mart. They have a substantial clothing section in their stores with fitting rooms in the middle of the store. Each room has it's own mirrors and door. It wasn't as if you were standing over by other women's rooms or in a room designated by women. I would have demanded the manager to show you proof, without which I wouldn't comply. There is nothing wrong with a man wanting his wife to have privacy for trying on clothes where he can help without having her parade outside the fitting room like a model for all eyes to see.

If it's not labeled it's not a rule.

• Ru
    Ruth and Kevin Mar 22, 2015

You claim to be 30 years old there is some thing called common sense. Common sense would tell you that as a man you are not to go to the women's dressing room. If you really are 30 why not act that way instead of like a two year old?

• Je
    JesseB2016 Feb 15, 2016

I am shocked that so many people have a problem a man helping their wives with this situation. I too was recently rudely told to leave a department store underwear section while helping my wife with her selections. My wife and I have been married for 11 years and I have always helped her with her bra shopping. I know all the things about her old bras that she struggled with. I can help her more than a friend or an assistant there at the store. My wife will loose and gain weight over time and needs help fitting into new sizes. So taking a bra home and trying it on would mean that she would have to purchase several bras at once just to travel back to the store and return them. A good bra is expensive and we cannot afford to purchase several of them at a time to take with us. I think that it is a husbands job to always be willing to help his wife with these kind of things. Husbands SHOULD help their wives with these kinds of things. My wife is lucky to have a husband who is comfortable and mature enough to step into situations like that. As a personal rule if there are young women that look under the age of 18 I do not even go into the department. They are not old enough to have experienced men in those areas. They probably have never seen a man in that department at all. So, as a personal rule I stay out of them if that occurs. Otherwise, I will try to be as respectful as possible and stay near my wife and keep my back turned to women who are looking. If the area has a lot of women there I will just kindly leave.
    I was helping my wife with a bra fitting in our stall in the fitting room once. This is a closed door fitting room and does not have a three way mirror. Nobody is supposed to step out in a bra because the entire mall would see them if they did. I was rudely asked to leave and then told I had to leave. I was extremely upset and embarrassed. I was escorted and treated like a pervert in the store. My wife was humiliated and really did need my help. I had my 6 and 8 year daughters there and they were embarrassed. I have just as many rights to be there helping my wife as the other shoppers in the store. If they are uncomfortable they can wait. I would have no problem with a wife helping her husband in the next stall next to me if I was in the Men's fitting room. My wife helps me there all the time. I want her opinion, not just my own. Employees and other shoppers can tell if a man is trying to be respectful and mature. There is no reason to post a man or women only sign. I would like it if there were family dressing rooms located in each level of a store and we could walk a little further and have a family area to try on clothes. That would be an easy fix for a lot of these departments.
    A lot of the comments talked about thinking about the other shoppers in the area. If it is a closed fitting room with a door then I would not be able to see them change. I am not doing anything wrong by helping my wife. We are not stupid for wanting to help our wives. I think it is immature for someone to not allow men every opportunity to help his wife.
    There is a huge difference between restrooms and fitting rooms.

• Ca
    Carolyn Milton May 23, 2016

Just how controlling is this husband to insist on seeing an outfit on his wife before its purchased? Also, how insecure is the wife that she has to have her husbands approval before purchasing an article of clothing? Good Lord, I'd freak out too! What a load of BS! Most guys wouldn't be caught dead being seen walking into or out of a Women's Fitting Room. This wife needs to grow a backbone and hubby needs counseling for his "control" issues.

• Ms
    Msparson May 31, 2019

@Carolyn Milton I don't know how on earth you took any of this away from his post. He doesn't sound controlling at all. It sounds like his wife wants his opinion before purchasing. My husband has great taste in clothing and I always ask what he thinks of something when I'm trying it on. He is the furthest thing from a controlling monster, I just want his opinion.

• Wb
    wbeck Jun 28, 2016

Men do not belong in the women's fitting room! I have never heard of such an idiotic idea. How would this guy feel about his 8 yr old daughter going in a fitting room with strange men in there? People today have no common sense! Furthermore, neither does Kohls for for not having appropriate signage. If I go in a woman's fitting room and a man goes in there he is gonna end up on the floor.

Mark West Jan 06, 2017

@wbeck I'm a transgender female. I use the women's bathroom and whichever fitting room is closest to the clothes I'm trying on.

If you want to try and put someone on the floor, that's assault and battery. In my case, you'd better be packing because I am and I have no issues defending myself.

• Ms
    Msparson May 31, 2019

My husband and I decided to go use some Kohl's cash I had this past Thursday, May 30 at the Jacksonville, FL location. We have a 6 month old daughter who was being extremely clingy & my husband couldn't keep her happy because she just wanted to be with me. Obviously, I couldn't hold my daughter & try on clothes at the same time. I had my husband just come in the large fitting room stall with me to hold her in my sight & keep her happy like we have before. We were talking the whole time, baby was laughing and "talking", people (employees and customers) were in and out, and no one said a word to us. As we were leaving the dressing rooms, baby in tow, an employee named Annette (I believe, it was hard to read because her nametag was mostly covered) yelled at us and asked why my husband was in the fitting room. I told her he was trying to help me with my baby who was being fussy. Her response was "I don't care what he was doing, he could've stood out here with her! A woman ran out of the rooms the other day because there was a man in there!" Ok... not my problem? They all look unisex to me. Would you rather my husband come and sit in the stall with our baby and me to keep her happy, or have her screaming bloody murder outside of the fitting rooms because she can't see me?

There are no signs specifying rooms are for specific gender or a specific gender is not allowed. I asked her if the rooms said somewhere that they were only for women and she just rolled her eyes, grabbed clothes off the return rack and took off putting things back. The other employee that happened to be standing there just let out a chuckle and rolled her eyes while shaking her head, as if this is something the Annette lady does often (overreacts and is rude to customers).

I mean, what if I had a disability and needed my husband's assistance? What if he comes to this location with our daughter once she is older; would he not be allowed to help her in the fitting room?

There are NO policies posted stating any sort of rules for the fitting rooms, not even like a clothing limit. So, I feel her yelling and and response was completely uncalled for. I wanted to just drop everything and not buy stuff but we'd spent countless hours poring over the clearance racks and trying things on, so I decided to go ahead and make the purchase.