Menu

reviews & complaints

Kogan Australia Complaints Summary

2 Resolved
357 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Kogan Australia with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Kogan Australia has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Kogan Australia. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Kogan Australia complaints 359

Sort by:

Newest Kogan Australia reviews & complaints

12:43 am EDT

Kogan Australia keyboard for atlas 2-in-1 touchscreen notebook (d300) does not work

I recently purchased a Atlas 2-in-1 Touchscreen Notebook ( D300 ) from Kogan and found at the time of setting up this laptop that the keyboard did not work correctly.
I have been in e-mail contact with Kogan customer care team daily since 2nd.August with request number 6645889, All details of this issue including photos, video etc.. can be seen in the e-mail trail.

Update by Allan Stuart
Aug 07, 2018 12:46 am EDT

customer care team may be a robot ?

N
12:49 am EDT

Kogan Australia kogan tv model kaled28lh6000ra serial number kaled28lh6000rab 0251

The TV was purchased online on 24 June 2018 for $169 plus delivery.
Order: NDCRZUEM
The payment was made by Paypal.

I installed and auto tuned the TV and it worked satisfactorily.
It is installed through a Panasonic STB DMR-BW750.

When the TV is used through the STB using an HDMI cable the TV works satisfactorily.

When the TV is used directly to the same antenna as the STB It no longer works.
I have tried re-tuning the TV using both auto and manual tuning without any success.

It appears as if the tuner is no longer working.

I would like the problem resolved as soon as possible. I do not mind if it is repaired or replaced.

Neil Hamer

N
6:35 pm EDT

Kogan Australia sandisk 128gb ultra microsdxc 100mb/s class 10 uhs-I sd card

Hi,

I just received my parcel. As I researched a lot online on fake and original micro SD cards, I jumped behind my computer and tested the micro SD right away. From the appearance, the package and the printing are questionable, plus, the Micro SD that I've ordered supposed to be the black version but I got the different one. Also, when I ran the test software, I have realised the item is not original and it is a fake SD card, unfortunately. The speed supposed to be 100Mb/s or something close to that figure as described in the ad but the actual speed from CrystalDiskMark software is 6.8 MB/S for reading and 2.1MB/S for writing. I have attached the test results as well as the packaging photos to this email. I am so disappointed by the Kogan website. I thought this website is trustworthy and only sells legit items. Anyhow, I am not happy with my purchase and I want my money back asap, please.

9:53 pm EDT

Kogan Australia samsung s8 mobile phone

I ordered Samsung S8 on 15th July 2018. Your Website said it will be despatched from your warehouse in 2 days but i am still awaiting for my phone on 31st July 2018 ! You smartly removed the call center and we have no idea where is my product. When i asked for further details on the email provided i was assured to send my phone before 31 July 2018. Your team member from Philipines promised that he will assist but now they completely stopped communication. My emails are neither getting replied nor i am getting any call back from them. I am struggling without a mobile phone and no sign of getting my phone delivered. I am told last week that phone is on the way. When i asked Australia post they say no product is handed over to them to deliver me. I then wrote several emails but no answer at all. So i rang 1300 number of Kogan mobile. They promised to forward my request to your team and yet no movement at all.

I am advised by my friend that Kogan did sell the Samsung S8 phones through Dick Smith on special pricing with 2 days delivery. I assume all handsets were given to those customers to keep your promise and hence you guys don't have available to the handset to deliver me. If this is true then its hugely unfair.

I need my phone to be delivered as soon as possible. Could you please contact me to discuss in detail ? My number is [protected].

Mahesh

Read full review of Kogan Australia and 1 comment
1 comment
Danny_1
, AU
Aug 02, 2018 12:53 am EDT

Correct.
I have been trying to contact Kogan for some 3 weeks now...NO RESPONSE!
They have discontinued the 'CALL CENTRE' due to too many complaints about NON delivery.
Shop elsewhere...do not bother with crooks like this!

S
8:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kogan Australia voucher code not provided

I ordered a pre paid plan (365days) several weeks ago and did receive the voucher code required to activate the card. I received the sim card in the mail on the 21/7/2018. I have sent 3 emails as instructed by Kogan when I called to notify them of this. I have made 3 phone call to attempt to resolve this issue. I am now taking this to the ombudsman as I require thi a matter settled and no one has been able to help me. I have to ticket numbers from the emails I ahve sent but no further response. i am disgusted at the lack of service and inability for the staff at Koagan solve this very minor problem I have.

6:39 pm EDT

Kogan Australia certa recip saw+battery+charger

I bought the 3 in a package. The battery is not charging. I don't know if it's the battery or the charger. The claimed to send a replacement battery, which I never received after a week. Then they are forcing me to get store credit for their defected goods.
Why would I go back to use Kogan Products Again!
Kogan sees its own policies over the Australian Consumer Laws.

7:55 pm EDT

Kogan Australia order #yynpcew3 hanaro

I purchased 8 units of Kogan 50" 4K LED TV (Series 8 KU8000) for $530.
This morning I received the email that the same model is priced for $430.
The purchase I made on 25th July 2018 is for the shop fitting.
Hanaro trading is the regular customer to keep useing the Kogan TVs for the shop fitting. Just one day difference causes our company to miss the opportunity to save $800 dollars.
So Could you consider to match the price difference?

V
6:35 pm EDT

Kogan Australia samsung gear 3 frontier

Not australian spec faulty samsung wont look at i want a full refund battery doesnt last one day heart rate doesnt work steps dont work misleading information about contacting samsung if not resolved will be going straight to consumer affairs and media outlets terrible service no one to ring at kigan no one answers the phone there samsung not interested in looking at it

G
7:11 pm EDT

Kogan Australia my order id t2arh4bf

I am already send several msg to contact me include the one below

I am waiting this afternoon for a resolution otherwise i am contacting ACCC, and social media its unacceptable treat a customer like this.

This causing me a lot trouble because I believe on Kogan as a company and respect for clients

My purchase was made before the EOFY, now i cant reverse that and waste my time with you guys

Not good enough i need something with the same features.

I took the opportunity to buy this computer before the EOFY to my business and you guys let me down a big time.

I Have lots of follows on socual midia which i will tell my story about KOGAN
never back to buy anything at you guys actually after a brought this computer a friend o mine told me good luck bad choice and I was wobder why hw said that.

The computer you are offer me its a downgrade and the 40 is cheaper anyway the one I brought. And youbare offering me $40 voucher its a deceiving.

Here you option

1- give the computer or one with the some features

2- call me to discuss today [protected]

B
6:59 am EDT

Kogan Australia 49" agora tv

This is the second time i have endeavored to lodge a complaint with Kogan.
Why am I being asked to Log-In to SOCIALS ?

The TV is Stuck on the Home Screen
It will not change. How do I change it.
I have pressed every remote button. Turned the TV off several times and still it will not change.
I am unable to watch it on full screen!

The TV quality is very poor and it smacks of old technology. I am very unhappy with this product.

It was purchased on 16/17 July 2018
Kogan Order No. 2W94WUMG

Barry

5:18 am EDT

Kogan Australia refund

I purchased and paid for a television 4K Smart Television, through Kogan, paid $738 it was delivered to me some time back now. It worked for a very short time and then stopped,
I contacted you and you got a repair man to come and have a look and the Television was taken away. A new Mother Board was replaced, and the Television was returned back to me.
It worked for a short period of time, but then did the same thing again.
I got in touch with you, and said I would like a refund I did not want another television.
I also contacted Consumer Affair's as you did not have the decency to send me back a refund, and I have heard nothing from you since.
I am a single Mother, and I have a 4 year old child, and I think it is only fair that I get the refund that I have ask for in the amount of $738.
I am not on the internet and have informed you of that several times and ask you to speak to me about this situation over the phone in person, yet I have still not heard anything from you.
Please contact me as soon as possible because I would like this resolved, I am not giving up until you sort this out.

Yours Sincerely,

Michele Young.

Contact No: [protected].

Dated: 22/7/18.

11:07 pm EDT

Kogan Australia warranty issue

I am having an issue with a warranty claim on a faulty chainsaw.

I received an 'evoucher' from Kogan.com help desk valued at $134nzd due to a
warranty claim on the saw.

I chose items on Kogan website to the value of $121 nzd expecting to
use the voucher to pay for them, the evoucher was valued at $134 and
was showing as credit at the kogan checkout.

When I tried to pay for the items with the voucher, kogan instead took
the payment from my credit card via paypal.

I still have the credit showing on my kogan account but there is no
way to use it, I have taken a video attempting to use the evoucher as
proof there is no way to redeem the voucher.

I have contacted the help desk trying to resolve this issue but they
are not responding.
I would like the full amount of the voucher $134 nzd to be returned to
my bank account as the voucher is unable to be redeemed.

Please let me know if you need more info about this issue and I will
be happy to send it

Warranty claim first contact date 28/5/2018

6:19 pm EDT

Kogan Australia delegate luggage and travel pillows

I have just returned from holidays using the Delgate luggage I bought through Kogan. It is the first time I used them and the large bag leg broke and fell on my leg causing a laceration and the other bags started to fray - the Locks didn't work either. I also purchased 6 travel pillows and they all fell apart on flight to destination - I have photos of all. I always buy from Kogan so was disappointed with the quality of these products this time and would like s full refund or exchange for sturdier luggage items - many thanks

S
7:19 pm EDT

Kogan Australia samsung galaxy s7 edge (32gb, black)

On the 14th of July 2018, I booked in my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to have the screen replaced. Due to this being an international model, I was told that the unit is not available to have the screen replaced. I've contacted Kogan twice via e-mail as chat is no longer available and neither is a call centre. I'm frustrated, I want Kogan to take this mobile and have the screen replaced. Under Australian Law, Kogan should accept responsibility and assist with the replacement due to the inability of Samsung Australia doing a simple screen replacement.

6:44 pm EDT

Kogan Australia HTCU11 Phone purchased from Kogan

The phone I purchased from Kogan as a result of my old phone becoming almost unusable was not the colour that I Ordered .Also it is a Taiwan model and only the Taiwan warranty applies .HTC have advised me that any assessments under warranty cannot be done in Australia
Kogan have asked me to return the phone for assesment by themselves although i sent them photos of the phone and the box it came in, which was done at their request
They have not understood my situation regarding the need for a phone, and have refused to give me a loan phone to use whilst i send them back my phone
They have not revealed that the warranty on the phone was not valid in Australia
They do not reply to emails promptly and have to be reminded to do so
They have inconvenienced me and are not willing to accept responsibility and resolve the issue to my satisfaction and also there is no method of speaking directly to anyone

8:42 pm EDT

Kogan Australia tv repair request 6410913

Back in early March my new tv developed a fault. I contacted kogan. It is now July and still my tv has not been returned. The endless excuses, emails and time spent have been utterly ridiculous. I have put the ticket number up. Indeeed the process has gone on so long I bought a new tv from Kogan . I would like compensation for the faulty tv now as it is no longer needed . 3 days ago I was told the technical team would call to arrange delivery. Again not occurred. See the email trail and do the courtesy of calling me in person Andrew Williams [protected]

T
7:46 pm EDT

Kogan Australia agora 8 phone

Purchased Agora 8 mobile phone Nov 2017. Hotspot function did not work. Returned phone to Kogan - took a few months but eventually they agreed it did not work. They offered a replacement phone or refund. Stupidly I accepted the replacement phone on the condition it worked properly. Needless to say it didn't. 8 months later I still have no phone. I will NEVER buy from Kogan again and I will tell everyone I know of my experience.

I
12:55 am EDT

Kogan Australia mi smart air purifier 2

as purchased an air purifier from the Kogan website.

It was sent to me. The box had been resealed (could see a layer of tape over the original tape) and when I went to connect the power cord to the machine to use it, it would not fit (The cord supplied had two prongs, the machine has three prongs and the supplied cords prongs are too narrow to connect with the point).

I contacted them as soon as I opened it and they have advised of the issue. They told me that I need to go through a warranty claim. Obviously it is not a warranty claim as I have been sent used and/or returned goods that are faulty.

I have told them I find this unacceptable and they need to refund or replace the product. They have refused this and advised that they will start a warranty claim. I have advised that I will open a payment dispute with my bank as it is unacceptable.

I get he feeling this is they standard way of operating, which is completely unacceptable

9:05 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kogan Australia lack of service and support (kogan atlas mini pc 300)

Req #6560088

This was my original contact with KOGAN support reporting that the KOGAN Atlas Mini PC 300 I purchased was not working properly. After connecting the box to my TV, the remote mouse wouldn't work more than 6 feet from the box. KOGAN suggested I try other mouse connections, which I did but all three different mouse connections had the same problem. They all stopped working more that 6 feet from the box. Formerly I had a laptop computer connected to the TV and all three mouse connections worked up to 8 metres from the laptop.
I was then advised to try downloading the necessary drivers for the box, which I did but the mouse connections still wouldn't work. My request was given a higher priority and was passed on to a senior support person.

Req #6565771

The day after I set up the Atlas Mini PC I received a message on the PC saying there was insufficient storage space on the PC to perform system updates. I notified KOGAN support and was allocated another request number. This didn't bode well for my chances of updating any software in the future. Even after uninstalling some unwanted software I still couldn't provide enough storage for any updating. So, I informed KOGAN that I would like to avail myself of the 14 Day "Change of Mind" policy which was offered at the time I purchased the box. All I needed was a return address to use when sending the box back.

I didn't receive any more emails from KOGAN after that particular contact.

I have emailed KOGAN every day since (6 days in all) asking for an update but haven't received any replies at all.

The 14 Day "Change of Mind" policy will expire in one day and I‘m left wondering what happens next.

I did receive an email from KOGAN asking me to rate the service level I received during my experience with KOGAN. How do they expect me to rate something that never existed in the first place?

I have compiled a formal complaint with details of all dates, times and content of all emails and will be sending this to the Retail Ombudsman for what that's worth. What else can I do? Each time I contact KOGAN I don't receive any reply.

8:06 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kogan Australia customer service not contacting and ignoring request for replacement

I am still waiting for screws for my bed. Bed delivered a week ago and still cannot resolve this issue. I am currently sleeping on a mattress. the bed I ordered is Shangri-La Bed Frame - Grandioso Collection (Black, King). It only came with bed head and sides not screws etc

Your request #6568998 has been updated. Reply to this email to respond.
Note: Responding to this query before we have replied may affect your position in the support queue. Our goal is to respond to all inquiries as quickly and accurately as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Dannah (Kogan.com Help Desk)
25 Jun., 15:06 AEST
Hi Anne-Marie,
Thanks for your reply.
I have sent a request to check the availability of this part.
You will be updated with more details if this is in stock, otherwise we will contact you promptly to follow up.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
Kindest regards,
Dannah
Customer Care Team

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Kogan Australia contacts