Menu

reviews & complaints

Kogan Australia Complaints Summary

2 Resolved
357 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Kogan Australia with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Kogan Australia has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Kogan Australia. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Kogan Australia complaints 359

Sort by:

Newest Kogan Australia reviews & complaints

6:16 pm EDT

Kogan Australia customer service from kogan

I contacted Kogan last week. I have a Kogan TV. I have tried tuning it and it is not connecting. All I wanted from Kogan was:

1. To find out if there was anything else besides the basic tuning steps already provided on the internet that could be stopping the tv connecting to the channels and,
2. To be called.

I specifically requested to be called and not to have to go through round after round of emails. Dale, my customer service representative showed complete incompetence in being able to handle those two requests. Over a week later, all he has done is reply to me constantly by email and simply outline how to tune my tv which I advised in my initial email, "I know how to do".

I want someone to actually call me and talk through my issue and advise if there are any other things I can do to help connect my tv to the digital channels. I want someone to provide a really good explanation as to why I have had to deal with such poor customer service. It's infuriating to be forced to email a company and then to get absolute nonsense in the reply. To then want to talk to someone about it and to keep getting directed to another email and another form and not be able to communicate clearly with someone on the phone. It is not good enough. It has been such a complete waste of my time.

Request number is #6562462

1:07 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kogan Australia lack of contact regarding my warranty claim for kogan water flosser

I purchased a Kogan Water Flosser in February 2018 and by June it stopped working. It cost $70 and has 12 months warranty.
On June 15th 2018 I submitted a customer support request and was emailed a ticket number 6551200. Since receiving my ticket number there has been no further contact by Kogan regarding my warranty claim. I would like the Water Flosser to be replaced or my payment refunded.

B
12:58 am EDT

Kogan Australia samsung gear s3 frontier sm-r760 sn r5ajb04bwej - no response to multiple email requests. this item needs to be repaired under manufactures warranty.

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier purchased 27/11/2017 with 3 year extended warranty. Approximately 3 months ago, after software upgrade, pedometer and heart rate stopped working. I have checked help desk, factory reset and followed blogs with no change. Multiple email requests have been sent listing these problems with first acknowledgement 6539123/but no action. This watch needs to be fixed. Please quickly follow up this request with action.
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier SM-R760 SN R5AJB04BWEJ
Please advise how this item is to be repaired.

6:09 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kogan Australia dji phantom 3 4k with integrated uhd 4k stabilised camera - official dji refurbished drone

I purchased the refurbished Drone from Kogan on the basis of the website that said "This product has gone through an official DJI refurbishment process - performance is guaranteed!".
I received the Drone on about the 28 May 2018.
On the 12 June the drone lost power while flying and crashed. The Battery was at 75%

On the 13 of June I contracted Kogan to obtain an address to return the faulty item.
I was asked for Photos and provided tham on the same day.
I was told that a senior team member will call me back.

On the 14 June I again contracted Kogan as I had not received a call back.

On the 15 June I contracted Kogan as I had not received a call back.

On the 19 June I contacted Kogan, and was fed the same rubbish, that a senior team member would call me back.

On the 25 June I lodged another claim on the Website

I have since purchased a replacement.

Still no response form Kogan! Zero.

T
3:03 am EDT

Kogan Australia I wish to complaint about kogan service

INC#6570723
I bought a kogan 4K TV which I return on 28-May-18, kogan received it on 6/6/18 and said within 14 days they will provide me an eVoucher. 16 days now, I have sent many emails still no respond.I am very angry and wonder if I should going to customer affair and raise a case with them.I need eVoucher now.
Tim ([protected]@yahoo.com)
[protected]

6:34 pm EDT

Kogan Australia luggage scales

I purchased luggage scales last October, I went to use them for a trip to NZ and they did not work accurately, said my luggage was 37Kilos, at the airport weighed just 13 kilos, I changed the batteries to see if that helped but it did not, they are faulty and I need a replacement ASAP
The purchase can be seen on our account in October, please advise on a replacement as we need this item

7:45 pm EDT

Kogan Australia faulty tv

Kogan.com Help Desk
15 Jun (6 days ago)
to me
##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request #6551100 has been updated. Reply to this email to respond.
Note: Responding to this query before we have replied may affect your position in the support queue. Our goal is to respond to all inquiries as quickly and accurately as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Faith (Kogan.com Help Desk)

Jun 15, 14:27 AEST

Hi Danivaroad,

Thanks for your email.

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your TV. Let me help.

We are looking forward to assisting you with your issue, however we were unable to locate your sales record.

Could you please provide us with the order number for your purchase or the serial number of the product?

The order number can be found on the email and invoice you received when you made your purchase.

The serial number can be found on a sticker on the rear or bottom of the product.

Alternatively, you could also provide us with the email address you used when you made the purchase, as the email address you have used to contact us has not brought up any results.

Please get back to us and we will assist you as best we can.

Kindest regards,

Faith
Customer Care Team

Kogan

Update by Muksi Badal
Jun 20, 2018 7:47 pm EDT

The above email was sent and received, to-date no one has contacted me, there are no telephone numbers for Kogan, I am going to lode my complaint to ACCC and the Fair trading today.

1:00 am EDT

Kogan Australia warranty response

Hi I have bought a Kogan Laptop which is under warranty . I have the keyboard faulty, the case raised is #6556813
The Customer Care Reps who are handling this case are just making different request when I have sent the details or my product, sent pictures of the faulty equipment and a videos of the issue
They are not understanding or do not want to understand, just coming up with ridiculas request in different form
I am getting the feeling Kogan do not want to fulfil the warranty
Thanks

W
9:08 pm EDT

Kogan Australia samsung phone /phone frozen

received phone late march, phone kept freezing, sent three e-mails on the 28/3, 4/4, 19/4/18, still have not received any help . I would like a refund .e-mail ref numbers #6425662, #6435404, #6459154.
invoice number [protected] reference U6XL7HK8
William Foot
43 Peppercorn crescent
Fletcher 2287 NSW
phone [protected]
Samsung Galaxy S5 4G LTE SM -G900
hoping this can be resolved as soon as possible

P
1:39 am EDT

Kogan Australia led tv

Product was bought last year july 4 2017, payment came out july 8 2017 with addln payment made for extended warranty. This was a promo sale of pre-purchase item, 3 months deliver. Item was delivered at unit 2 wecker road mansfield qld 4122 sometime october last year. Item keeps showing multiple lines, obscure pictures and shutting down the screen.. Complaint before but customer support only sent instructions to reset tvw, nothing happened. What was worrying was that customer service said they can't find my record of purchase. Please refer to attachments below. Kindly contact me on my mobile at [protected] or my email at [protected]@yahoo.com. This is my 3rd letter about the matter and my my lawyer friend advise me to refer this to accc if all else fails. Product code at the back of tv kaled55ku8000szaa0279

A
4:52 am EDT

Kogan Australia aroma diffuser.

Mist gone everywhere and damp the table and bench. Email Kogan Australia for my options. Waited for more than a week now, still have not come back to me. Gave me a reference no and told me the issue has been escalated to a senior member. Up until today, still no reply. I sent a follow up email out 4 days after my initial email and of course no reply. Try call them on land line, no one answer.

A
3:05 pm EDT

Kogan Australia customer service

We ordered Kogan smart TV and we received Kogan LED 4K TV . Once send complaint to Kogan about wrong product received . They told me it's right product I received so I send the screenshot of my order and also screenshot of of both TV on their website and the price difference . Then . Kogan customer service told me that my complaint has been send to senior customer service to look into the matter and it's been 7 days I haven't received any email from Kogan about my complaint. I send so many emails but no reply . Bad customer service and bad experience with Kogan

Read full review of Kogan Australia and 2 comments
2 comments
V
V
Veronica Segura
San Jose, US
Oct 24, 2018 3:57 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It is great to be the part of this community. News is important for a number of reasons within a society. Mainly to inform the public about events that is around them and may affect them. Often news is for entertainment purposes too; to provide a distraction of information about other places people are unable to get to or have little influence over. https://www.essayjaguar.com/

J
J
Jennifer Jane
Oct 24, 2018 3:12 am EDT

Same, and when it gets to "senior" customer service they won't do anythign about your issue

4:05 am EDT

Kogan Australia 55” smartcast tv

Hi, I am fed up with the well below average customer support from kogan. Paul took over my issue from customer support in melbourne and promised me he would see my problem thru personally amd he even let me down. I have 2 outstanding problems and have lodged so many complaints emails and I dont get any reply off kogan. I have waited patiently for over a month and I am fed up

R
R
Russell Kirby
Aug 13, 2018 10:41 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Vacuum fell apart after just one year of normal usage. Poor quality product, but just a few days out of warranty so Kogan refuse to refund me.
Under Australian consumer law I believe I am entitled to refund.

2:08 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kogan Australia kogan pu leather couches

Warning do not buy from kogan!

I have purchased couches from kogan and it has been the biggest mistake of my life. They arrived with stains on them and the measurements advertised were much different from the actual item received.
The customer support has been appalling, they are refusing to help now I am left with these big boxes of couches that are taking up all my storage space and are dragging their feet with refunding the item. I will have to take them to court to have this item refunded.

1:57 am EDT

Kogan Australia shangri - la myrna pu leather tub lounge chairs

Ordered 3 x lounge chairs.

Received notification from the carrier that they were ready to be delivered however they weren't.

Called the carrier and apparently 1 x lounge chair has gone missing and unknown whether it was delivered or not. Whilst the carrier has been checking their warehouse for the 3rd chair, they requested for me to contact Kogan to check that they in fact sent 3 x chairs. They have atleast been nice in telling me that they are checking the warehouse.

Kogan is not getting back to me however, I have sent numerous emails and there is no contact number for me to call. I have asked someone to call me from Kogan urgently to tell me what is going on and where is the 3rd chair so that I can receive my order.

Appalling and disgusting service. I want answers.

sam2018abc
, AU
Jun 04, 2018 2:07 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WARNING DO NOT BUY FROM KOGAN!

I have purchased couches from Kogan and it has been the biggest mistake of my life. They arrived with stains on them and the measurements advertised were much different from the actual item received.

D
5:56 am EDT

Kogan Australia sunbeam 6200 food saver

Recently purchased online.
Received after some delay as stated in the below information
First time use-does not work! Everything checked as instructed.

Ordered 14/05/18
Received 23/05/18
Invoice [protected]
Ref no. TN8WWAUM
Outcome: I would request replacement of the product.
Appreciate a response asap. If no satisfaction is forthcoming, I will refer this matter to the ombudsman
With thanks

sam2018abc
, AU
Jun 04, 2018 2:07 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

WARNING DO NOT BUY FROM KOGAN!

9:11 pm EDT

Kogan Australia nokia 6 issue

Ive purchased this phone late January. 3 months later the phone dies, charging only makes it hot, with NO charge going into it. I then submit 2 enquiries on your website with no response. I also tried contacting via phone with very little help. Extremly difficult to find any help to resolve my issue with this broken phone. Nokia wont have anything to do with it as it is from Hong Kong, i would like to be refunded.

I need this resolved quickly! Please.

Z
1:18 am EDT

Kogan Australia kogan mobile

24/05/2018
I could not access my Kogan Mobile through Apps, then I called the mobile customer service for help. I particularly specified the problem i have met which was I try to reset my PIN number, but none of my Email address has received any reseting Email, then I call the mobile service number for help out.

The phone call make 15:20 on 24/05/2018, the service guy named himself John, who refused to understand my current problem and constantly tell me I have to submit the correct Email address. I try to let him understand I have provided all other personal details, if I know which Email was the correct one, I would not call him for help. The guy was very rude and keeps interrupting during the conversation. Later on He promised his supervisor would contact me within an hour, which they never
done . And since ever, there is no one bother to solve the problem.

10:02 pm EDT

Kogan Australia iphone 8

I purchased an iPhone 8 over two weeks ago with Kogan. When I received the phone, I discovered that the camera shutter sound was unable to be muted and had a loud sound everytime a photo was taken. This was even when the phone was on silent mode and there was no method of even reducing the level of the sound. I have sent through numerous emails, whereby Kogan would reply to the first few emails with no method of resolving this issue. They kept referring that a senior team member would contact me to resolve the issue but to date, despite several more emails, I am yet to receive an acknowledgement from anyone at the customer service department. They advised that cosmetic imperfections were noted in the product description however the ability to use the camera is not a cosmectic imperfection but affects the very nature of the functionality of the phone. I find it particularly suspicious that the product which I purchased has now been completely removed from the Kogan website despite other products still remaining on the website even though they have already been 'sold out'.

I understand if an exchange might not be possible but I have clearly stated that I would be more than satisfied with Kogan store credit so that I may use that credit to purchase another phone with Kogan but with lack of respect and customer service shown, I am left very frustrated and disappointed in the lack of professionalism with Kogan despite numerous emails to try reach a resolution. Kogan's poor attitude in dealing with this has made me lose faith in this company and having no other choice but turning to Consumer Affairs Victoria for a formal complaint.

L
7:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kogan Australia kogan 50" 4k led, smart tv™ (android tv™ smart tv)

The TV was delivered on May 11 for my 99 year old mother for Mother's Day. She just suffered a small stroke so I was extremely keen to improve her viewing pleasure. The screen was severely cracked.
A week later it was picked up and returned to Kogan. Now, on May 22, I received an automated response that it will be up to another 14 days to wait for the assessment.

Meanwhile, my mother isn't getting any younger! every day counts, and I really hoped the larger TV would enable her to view and hear the TV with more ease.
The original response from Kogan was an apology that the TV was damaged and that the matter would be resolved asap.
I would have thought that in all good faith with the customer, the TV should've been replaced immediately, and certainly when the damaged one was picked up.

Read full review of Kogan Australia and 3 comments
Update by Levenson
May 21, 2018 11:50 pm EDT

Here is copy of an email to me of May 15, stating in the second last sentence that a replacement TV would be delivered. I've had no more news on this, and am now being asked for more information re the original damaged TV.

Adrienne Levenson

Clark (Kogan.com Help Desk)
15 May, 13:17 AEST

Hi Adrienne,

Thanks for confirming those details.

Your return ID is RA1250602.

We will now arrange for a courier to collect the item from you on the date you provided.

Our Allied booking agent will email you shortly with further instructions and the consignment label.

Before the courier arrives, please pack the unit, making sure to include all accessories and the original packaging.
If you do not have the original packaging, Kogan.com accepts no liability for any damage that may occur in transit.

You should also have received an email from 'donotreply@kogan.com.au' titled 'Important Return Information' with a barcode attached.
Please read this email carefully and attach the barcode to your package.

We have now arranged for a replacement unit to be sent out. You will be notified via email once this has been dispatched, this will contain some tracking information.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kindest regards,

Clark
Customer Care Team

3 comments
Jun 05, 2018 3:53 am EDT

I have more problems i have bought 2 Google smartcast telkys and am not happy with them and requested to return them and yet. This is poor customer service on Kogans part. After my issues are solved i will not be buying from Kogan again. I vow to run Kogans name into the ground ad tell everybody on Facebook and sny site i am a member of i will make sure i have told most of the world about Kogans slac, poor, and hopeless customer service

Jun 05, 2018 3:44 am EDT

Kogan support supervisor in Melbourne warehouse calltme personally to discuss my problem. Then told me in writing and verbally he would see to me personally until my return claim was desolved as i had complained about poor customer service. I have spent thousands of dollars in a matter of two years with Kogan yet i am treated as a second class citizen. I was promised as soon as Allied Express picked up my fauly TV that Kogan would Despatch a brand new TV 55” Smat Kogan TV and i was lied to. Nobody has replied or sent me my replacement TV and my family has been without a TV for over a month now. Kogan is pathetic they need a court order placed against them. They ignore customer complaints. The site where we report problems is set up to waste the customers time and leads us in circles like an abyss. I am waiting for finalisation of my issue. I will be contacting VCAT sson to report Kigan

Jun 05, 2018 3:38 am EDT

Lol ive been emailing Kogan concerning fsulty 55” Smart Tv return and nobody replies to me. Kogan does not take customer service seriously. They play customer around and even Paul who called me from Melbourne Warehouse told me he would personally serve and reply to me till my matter was resolved only emailed a reply once and now is ignoring all my emails as well. Does anybody know how i can contact head office? I want to report the whole customer service team

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Kogan Australia contacts