Having problems with Kmart?

24800 W Valley Hwy
Thu6:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri6:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat6:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun6:00 AM - 11:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kmart.

Complaints & Reviews

Kmartkmart las vegas, n rancho

All employes and managers just have horrible attitudes they dont want to help anyone in person nor on the phone this company is honestly the worst company ive ever in my life had to deal with ! this company needs to get like walmart or target at least the honor their products unlike kmart ! do not shop here the area isnt that great and neither are the people apparently its depressing ! ive never felt such disrepect shopping before !

Kmartexchange policy

I went to the kmart store off of Haines road york pa. I tried to exchange my daughter gift that she got for her birthday and was told without a receipt and over 30 days, they could not do anything. The manager also insisted that she couldn't do anything. All I wanted to do was exchange it or sotre credit. My family and I normally put in Christmas layaways but we won't This year. This is poor customer service!!! I will take my business else where .

Kmartmanager extremely rude and harassment to customer

On May 29th I arrived at the Kmart store in Kingman, Arizona to pickup some over the counter pain medication. I arrived a couple of hours before your store opened at 8am, so I decided to take a nap until then. It must not have been long after the store opened, i was awaken by a lady pounding on my vehicle telling me I had to leave the property. I told her that I needed to get some medication from the pharmacy department and she said the pharmacy was closed. I told I expected that but I only needed over the counter stuff. She then told me that I had only 10 minutes to get my stuff and leave or she was going to call the police. I walked in shortly thereafter to talk to a manager to let them know what had happen. I was told that the lady who did this was the manager and her name is Raimi. I talked to another manager by the name of Paul who gave me her name and store number (9528) . I didnt end up getting the medication i needed there as the 10 minutes were almost up, so i hurried to a different store to get it. What kind of place treats there customers like this, especially ones that need medication for pain. I'm sure glad a different store had the medication I needed before the pain got worse. I dont believe i will be shopping at a kmart anytime soon.

Eddie

Kmart — customer service

I went to kmart for the very first time yesterday and was completely turned off by one of the person...

Kmartsizing!

So i live in New Zealand. And the sizes here are extremely poor. Usually, i am a 14C bra size. The other day i tried a bra on and i thought it MUST have been tagged wrong. As it would not even clip up. I tried on several more only to have the same result. By the end of my visit the only bra that fot was a 22D! Same with shorts, usually im a 14, i uad to buy a [censor]ing 18.

This made me feel, DISGUSTING.

As someone who has had eating issues. And someone who has a poor opiniom of her own body, seeing that size, was a definate punch to the already very slim confidence. If this is how i feel, how does this make other women feel? How does this make a nice slim woman whi are a size 10 feel? When they will need to buy about 4 sizes to large? ALL of your sizes are ridiculously small. Made for very small people.
        There are also alot of women who feel the same about this. So this is the first small step in a series of steps we are willing to take, to have these sizes reviewed and adjusted to fit the average sized woman. Not the woman the internet or the magazines want us to look like!
        If im a 14, i want to buy a 14!!!

Kmartshopping carts/ prices

One day my daughter(2) was being really difficult she wanted to ride in basket part of shopping cart cause she does at Walmart well at Kmart the basket part is so low I took a turn and she flipped out of cart. On another day I had her in cart buckled and all like she should have been and I leaned too hard on front cause back issues and she flipped foward and face smacked ground. The clearance prices are not! They are absolutely way over priced. Put on clearance to make people buy these. I feel bad for anyone who spends there $ there gotta wait in one line for 20 mins cause there is no cashiers. I bought a inflatable pool from there which I shouldn't have stupid me it didn't even last a day. I will never shop at Kmart over priced no cashiers crappy carts.

Kmartmanager

Husband and I went into Kmart in Wall Township New Jersey last night to do a layaway for our children after waiting 20 minutes and hearing the customer service page for somebody to come to Layaway two times I got frustrated and walk back up front to customer service for the second time and ask them why we are still waiting back there for somebody when it's been 20 minutes the girls that I'll call somebody I went back to Layaway and here comes the skinny b**** manager with her attitude behind the counter and I said why did it take me 20 minutes to get somebody back here to help me and she said because I just got here and I said okay there's nobody else working here she said I don't know she picked up the phone called the lady at customer service and said I don't get paid enough to deal with these customers b******* if Wendy and whoever else she said doesn't want to do their job I think it's a very rude of her to speak about a customer like that first of all as she's a manager and every time we come into this store she's got a nasty attitude and a nasty look on her face and it's such an inconvenience for her to ever help with customer none-the-less that every year we do our Christmas layaway shop in here and every year our stuff is lost and it takes them over two hours to find our stuff

Kmartsandals

I bought 2 pair of sandals to save for a trip one broke the first wear and the other pair are not worn but I wasn't able to at least exchange because it's after 30 days. Most places at least let you can exchange if you have the receipt which I do have. I am a member I shop there all the time but I never had a problem returning until now and I may not shop there again since I know the return policy and you can't even exchange after 30 days.

Kmartstore manager

Diane Brunetti was very rude and unprofessional. Totally embarrassed and disrespected one of her workers Iveyons while she was dealing with customers. Discussed her work ethic while I was giving her a compliment for being so polite. Another associate stated that she was one of the best workers in the store . The manager Diane Brunetti kept going on and on then went on saying how she should try showing up to work on time. It's a shame how young workers have to be deal with poor management. It's even worse that such people get away with it.

store manager

Kmartkmart inventory employee

Today I want to Kmart to to exchange the shoes that I bought online and then there's a lady there doing inventory. I approach her nicely and asked excuse me do you know where I can find the kids shoes. And luckily she looked at me and said I am not working here I am just doing inventory with super rude tone!

God that was so rude I just walk away and took her picture. She is very rude . I'm going to put her pictures all over kmart stores and put a big word this lady is rude

kmart inventory employee

Kmartpricing on receipt does not match shelf price

Recently purchased RC Cola at Kmart - shelf stated 3 for $8. I didn't notice til I got home that I was charged 3 for $12.

This was on Saturday, April 29, 2017.

Obviously it would be great to have a refund, but would have to go out of my way to get to the store - it would cost $4 in gas to get my $4 refund.

Also, I was going to enter the "sweepstakes" by taking a survey but there is no such website.

Kmartpolicy/corporate

Local store purchase Under $40.00 - 37 days afterwards tried to do a return. (Slacks/Blouse) (30 Day Policy) Explained i required immediate hospitalization/ surgery which rendered me incapable of going to the store prior to the 30 days expiration. (Offered Proof of Incident) After i was able to go to the store and explain the situation, instead of anyone suggesting to bring this to an in store manager, Kmart's return merchandise employee decided to focused on bringing it to the Corporate level. (Okay- Corporate Issue maybe?)
                      After speaking with Susie ID# 9911at Corporate, the outcome was to speak to an in-store manager. (LOL) Add insult to injury! The representative at Corporate was a well trained robotic phone conversationist. The corporate message is very clear that they do not give a damn about circumstances revolving around the consumers who make these purchases. (30 days is 30 days!)
                      I had spent approximately 45 minutes on the phone and it really was a conversation of Corporate saying - did you hear me, if i make an exception for you, then we have to do it for everyone. I am sorry, but did everyone require immediate surgery pending a life altering situation where you are not aloud to do much but be bed bound and have rotational weekly nurses come in to assist you? I don't think these nurses cared to visit the Kmart store, but where more interested in the health of the people of this city who actually keep you in business. ($$$)
                      I did try to explain this, and i tell you this, the conversation is recorded and i wish i had a copy of it to play for the Social Media/News Outlets.
                      So please folks, remember you do not get any special consideration surrounding the purchase and delay of returns no matter who you are or even if you were on death's door and made a miraculous recovery.
                      I tried to explain that this type of behavior has proven to other players like Home Depot for instance. If you follow the pattern of treating the consumer like they don't exist with high complaint levels your business will start to fail and eventually end up in Bankruptcy.
                      Business Failings do not happen over night. They can take Years!
                      Check this out - http://fortune.com/2017/03/21/sears-bankruptcy/
                      Yes that is right, you need to listen to your consumers, even if (ie) JcPenny or Macy is doing it. This will only lead to more bankruptcy proceedings.

Well, i do have to say, i wonder how much of a robot any Sears employee will become when they do go belly up and they loose all of the vested monies and even retirements possibly, will they even speak up and say, wow i was warned! "Noted"

Kmart i will NEVER step foot in your building or spend another dime of my hard earned money in any of your stores or affiliated stores ever again. I bet i am not the only one. Go look at yourself online with complaints, i bet you see a pattern.

I am flexible, i would have even accepted a 20% off my next purchase or something, but again you failed at this level also. How about the corporate employee: Susie ID #9911, maybe you could of used your own words and called to make a three way phone conversation with the manager of Kmart while we spoke on the phone to even see if this was at all a feasible solution? The answer was NO. Susie eventually sent my call to "TM". I asked what that was and received no answer. But i will say it might be "Team Manager"? I don't know so i will be guessing here.
                      I left a message - nobody picked up to talk - Go Figure!
                      By the way, it took me about 30 minutes to retrieve an employee ID from Susie at corporate as well. Never asked me for my name or even a concern for the paying individual who was hospitalized either until i insisted on the ID#. No call today from "TM" either. (I did leave a message including phone # - Not that they needed it)

So Susie ID# 9911, who was so smart and pompous asked me why i did not go return it for her. Now that takes a lot of Brass to do. Remember this clothing is more important then the health of any human being.
                      I was not out of line for calling and speaking to a representative to see if there was a remedy/solution. (Susie ID# 9911 said i basically should have been more concerned for the return under the 30 days then the health of a human being! Go ahead and listen to the recording and see for yourself and see if that wouldn't infuriate you!?!)

Kmart/Sears Holdings look you win here. NO more
                      $ales from me and whoever might decide this has been your fate inflicted upon them as well. (Oh look, a decline in $ales, a small ripple leads to a Huge WAVE if consistent as explained earlier)
                      I'll keep quiet and let you figure it out in bankruptcy court!

Look Top 934 Complaints here alone:

Wait here is Sears: Top 4, 830 Complaints... Consumer Affairs:

Yes, lots of sales = lots of complaints. But lets be honest, your sales and complaints are probably now neck and neck!!!

The list goes on and on. Sum it up time...
                      Please stop shopping at these stores who really don't give a rats A** about your (Consumers) bottom line. They only know that you spend money and once they have it, they don't plan on returning it under any circumstance if possible. Good/Bad or indifferent!

Please note i never asked for anyone to break or curve a rule implemented for just ME!(As Per Susie ID# 9911). All i did request was to continue shopping with even the slightest store credit with returning the merchandise. These items are brand new, never used, never cut the tags off, still on the same hangers.
                      Jacqueline Smith should be proud to know you would not accept or return anything to the buyers of her clothing line because of unexpected circumstance out of even God's reach.

Sincerely
                      Vero Beach Consumer

Kmartreturns

On April 4th I bought 3 pairs of shorts. I lost the receipt unfortunately. I went to Queensbury Kmart today, May 3rd to receive a refund or an exchange, or store credit . Customer service would not do anything for me . The tags were still on the shorts. I can understand not giving me a refund but I can't understand why I couldn't do an exchange or store credit. I am now stuck with 3 pairs of shorts I can't use.
                        I am now a very dissatisfied customer.
                        Walmart would never have given me such a hard time. That's where I am shopping from now on..

Kmartcustomer service

Ran into the store to grab a few things. Only one checker open with four people in line. Manager was standing at customer service counter loudly complaining to cashier as to people calling in and had the cashier text employees on her cell ohone while trying to wait on customers. Finally the cashier told me that tje manager could check me out at customer service. The whole time she checked me out she was on the phone with someone complaining about the employees calling in.

Kmartjacklyn smith blouse

Purchased blouse for $18.74 on April 1st have ton back to Staten Island store 2x with receipt and they refuse to give full refund they are offering me $3 because of future rewards points. I don't believe this is legal I am entitled to get back exactly what I paid for the item. I have called customer service however customer resolution is c!owed before I can call it is not a significant dollar amount but the principal I was not treated very well at this store which is closing soon. It seems no one cares.!!!

Kmartmanager

Please tell me how a manager can stay in a gambling parlor all day instead of running his Kmart store in barboursville wv??? That store is a mess!! And the man that's supposed to be running it stays in the gambling parlor next door to it!! He should be more concerned about cleaning up his store! It's a dirty store!! And never enough registers open!!

• To
                                  Toni H Steward Apr 18, 2017

The manager at the Kmart in Tabb Virginia ruined my 28th Anniversary. All over a $ 2.99 shirt. She basically told me and my husband we placed the shirt outside on the clearance rack. So we walked out the store undetected with four of the same shirts to purchase them at $ 2.99 is this not Stealing? For a manager she was dressed like someone off the streets. All the employees dress like they don't care about how they look at work.

Kmartcheck out

I was in K-mart in Charlevoix Michigan on 4-8-17. My husband, son and myself drove 45 minutes to shop at this store. After standing in line for 20 minutes, we were asked to go to a different lane as the one we were in was closing. We were sent to a line where people were already waiting. Looked like about another 10 minute wait in line. So I went to the service desk to complain. I spoke with Bobbie the store manager. I was able to have my things rang up at the service desk. Over a $200.00 order. It seems like there was really nothing the store could do for me except provided an apology. Sometimes apologies don't fix the problem. Unfortunately it made it so I will not be returning to a Kmart store ever again. I have to drive too far to get to the stores in the first place. I will not go to a store like that and be treated the way I was treated and be told I couldn't even get a $5 I'm sorry Kmart card. This is why Kmart is going out of business. Places like Walmart and Meijer would have happily given me a $5 in store card. I hope I get to hear from somebody else on this matter.

• Yu
                                    Yupppp Jun 25, 2018

So you went to the service desk to complain about not being checked out...so they did what you wanted and checked you out and apologized but that still wasn't good enough? Probably be best if you didn't go back.

Mattyboy603 Jun 25, 2018

I feel bad for her son

• Yu
                                    Yupppp Jun 25, 2018

@Mattyboy603 How's embarrassing that must have been for her husband and son.

K Mart — return

See attached sales receipt & credit. Purchased 4 hand towels @ $4.99 ea & 6 washcloths @ $3.99 ea on 4-5-17 @...

Kmartcustomer service

I could not find my receipt so I took the blouse back anyway. Lady at Customer Service was rude. Said she could not give me my money back which was fine. So I ask if I could get a store credit. She said no because she didn't know if it had been past 30 days. The same blouse was on the store floor. Tags where still attached. This is CRAZY. Will NEVER shop at Kmart again. No wonder your stores are closing.

Kmartkmart lanes

They wonder why no one shops at Kmart. You are worse than Walmart when it comes to check out. You got two lanes open people try come in and get out and have put stuff on candy shelf and walk out. This is only store like this around my work and all me and my coworkers do is complain about it. Kmart on Tom Hill in Macon needs to be revamped, do some self check out lanes with the other registers never used.