Having problems with Kmart?

24800 W Valley Hwy
Thu6:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri6:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat6:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sun6:00 AM - 11:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kmart.

Complaints & Reviews

Kmartstore hours

I went to the Kmart in Camarillo at 8:50 on Sunday October 15 and there were people and employees in the store and the store hours are supposed to be until 10. I had to knock on the door so they would look at me and they said they close at 8. Why are the hours posted differently? Very bad business practice and I won't be back! While I was writing this in the parking lot, there were at least 5 people that drove up and couldn't get in! What's up?

Kmart — racism

Myself and my 4 other African American family members walked into the Kmart location on west 3rd street in...

Kmartkmart smart plan

I’m trying to purchase warranty on my TV through the Kmart smart plan over the phone but I was transferred over five times to different departments that didn’t seem to know what was going on or what they were supposed to do in regards of selling warranty to a customer for their TV, is there anyone in charge I can talk to in regards to purchasing warranty on my TV.

Kmartstore policy not followed

Local store rapid city sd refused to cash a personal check under $500 by a shop your way reward member. They advertise this on their website and many sites give publicity for this exact policy. I have screen shots showing the Kmart.com publishing this policy as well. But when I called ahead (live hour away) to ask costumer service to cash a check they refused and said government issued checks only.

store policy not followed
      store policy not followed

Kmartrewards/surprise points

Hello, I would like some feedback as to a recent interaction I had as a KMart shopper.

I had access to a $7 off of $15 "Surprise Points" deal in Home Goods. In order to redeem this, I went to your 34th Street location.

I arrived at the register with a toilet seat cover, a towel, and a welcome mat. The first cashier was recalcitrant to a fault. She insisted that I had 69 cents in points and would not look to see if there was anything else available. She just wanted to read me the answer from the computer and be done.

Then, a woman who I assume was a manager came over and confirmed that I had the coupon, but the seat cover which I had was not tagged.

They both shrugged at me as if this was the end of the matter--even though, tagging items is KMart's responsibility, not mine.

However, I was willing to work with this. I went downstairs and looked at the covers. None of those in the color I wanted were tagged.

Still, I wanted to work with, not against, KMart. I took a picture of the price tag on the shelf in order to capture the numbers.

I returned to speak again to the manager who had previously enlightened me.

To my surprise, she was insistent that she would not do anything without a tag. She did not know why the items were not tagged (she suggested that all the covers in this color were returns); she just refused to do anything without one.

I debated the point with her for about 5 real minutes because this was the most absurd Kafka-esque procedural adherence that I have encountered in some time.

Ultimately, however, I could see that she was set in her need to see a tag. I left without making a purchase.

I would like to note here that she was professional and polite throughout her interaction. She willingly let me pester her with questions about what the problem was. My complaint is not about her.

However, I would like to complain about KMart's rigidity in this instance. It appeared to me that when the computer did not allow for it, your employees' minds shorted like a circuit. They could not think creatively. They could only repeat, "It does not have a tag, " like a not-very-inspired automated recording.

On a separate note, I resent being punished for KMart's oversight. If your store neglects to tag its items, that is their oversight, not mine. It should not affect my purchases.

But, my main point is that your employees could not see that because you have trained them to pay so much attention to the computer that they can no longer think beyond what the screen tells them to do.

This is regrettable. It is the fault of KMart, not its employees. I will not shop there again.

Kmartemployee

Thursday, Oct 5, I went to KMart to use $23 in free cash that I received by email to use in clothing or shoes purchase. Thursday was the last day I could use it. But before that I didn’t have time to go. My husband, 6 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter were with me. We took about an hr and a half in the store relaxed looking around trying to use the freecash. When I got to the register to pay the girl told me the pin wasn’t correct. So I stepped aside to find out my pin and I told her she could help the other customers. So when I found out the pin I was waiting for her and she just ignored me and just taking the customers. She never told me to go to the back of the line so she could help me again. I thought she would help me when I was done. Which I was already frustrated because it was about 15 mins. My kids were hungry already so it was a bit to long. When she finally helped me. She told me my points were gone and there was nothing she could do. So it was a complete waste of time. It was frustrating and long. My kids were annoyed from just sitting there waiting to long. They never get upset to go anywhere. This was just a bad experience and left the store empty handed. It was 2 hrs wasted for nothing. Have never felt so upset over something like this.

• Updated by Srsrsr · Oct 09, 2017

First of all, why are you offended that I called the cashier a girl? We as young woman call each other girls. You say I’m uneducated? Please! You have no idea! When I first arrived to the store I went straight to the cashier and asked about the points and she said I did have them. Of course it wasn’t the cashiers fault the points were gone the second time we tried. OBVIOUSLY. The way the whole situation was handled was my reason for this complaint. You’re the childish one here. Don’t worry about my kids, they are extremely smart. Seriously get out of other peoples business when it has nothing to do with you.

• Pl
              [email protected] Oct 13, 2017

For someone with such strong opinions as to how one should address a salesperson, you are quite the hypocrite. Girl versus Stupid. My understanding from the original post was that the "girl" told "stupid" (your word, not mine) the points or cash was still available for use but she needed the correct PIN. Then the customer was told the points or cash had expired. You took offense at the salesperson being referred to as girl but called the customer stupid. In the dictionary, under the word hypocrite, we find your picture. The wording for the expiration is important. Did the benefit expire on that day or was it good up to and including that date? Stupid vs. Girl?

Juosao Oct 13, 2017

@[email protected] This ajafda person is a joke, look at him rude comments, pure looser

• Pi
              [email protected] Oct 13, 2017

@Juosao Both of you are immature and need to grow up. Your calling him a loser is no more worse than him calling the other other poster stupid. The difference between him and you is that you are an adult, a parent and should know better, while I suspect that ajafda is a pre teen, or teenager, however you are an adult and should know better. This person is acting like a 11 year old basically because he probably is 13, but what is your excuse? Your posts show that age does not show maturity. If you are a mother of a six year old you are obviously old enough to know better, or should be. I saw your complaint and though I am not the manager, If anyone gets hurt in his store, he is held responsible and it is your responsibility to supervise your son and keep him with you at all times. Though I agree with you the manager should have made the announcement. However if you are going to act like an child yourself how is your son to know what is acceptable behavior? Maybe you don't act like this in real life. (Calling people losers, and Ignorant). But if you are like this in real life your son learns from you. Shame on both of you. Afafda is probably acting like a 11 year old because he probably is 11, but what is your excuse? I am sorry to hear about your parents, and his comments about them committing suicide is uncalled for, but they would probably be ashamed of you for arguing with a 11 year old online and calling people names. I doubt they raised you this way and if they were here right now they would be ashamed to see you arguing with a 11 year old and calling him names. As for afafda. Stay off of this site, this site is for adults who want to share bad experiences with companies.

Juosao Oct 15, 2017

@[email protected] you are right I don't know why at got to his level sorrry

Juosao Oct 15, 2017

I am done with you this person is right, I am and adult, by the way I am not a she...have a great day.

• Pi
              [email protected] Oct 15, 2017

Well you claim you are not 11, then act like it. At least she apologized for her behavior, but you even after this are still making up lies about, her, and I doubt she told you that she scalded her son. Your telling her that her parents killed themselves because she had a son with autism is disgusting and immature. It is insensitive, if you are an adult as you claim you should know better.

Juosao Oct 16, 2017

@[email protected] I forgot to mention that I am not like that in real life, this person got under my skin when I was mad. I am a good father to my kids. they are well behave, this is the first time that this happen to us. we are always together because I am trying for him to have a normal life. Thank you for making sense, ,

Kmartrude employee

Cashier Niema at the Huntington, NY store
            Store 9381, is one of the most abrupt and rudest cashiers I have ever dealt with in my life. I am not one to complain at the drop of a hat, but this woman is not doing your company any good, and should not be dealing with the public. She has a scowl on her face, talks 90 miles a minute with a nasty tone, basically she doesn't want customers there, made me feel intrusive to have to drag her over to the register, and basically she made me feel [censor] for even going to KMart and buying $40 worth of clothes. There was nothing difficult or out of the ordinary or problematic about the sale. I have been a customer service manager at my company for many years and having started in customer service. Not only would someone of that low a caliber not get past our screening, but if she did, for some reason, that [censor] attitude would not be tolerated and she'd be out the door in less than a minute. I doubt I'm the only one who has encountered this woman's rudeness, but I'll be damned I'm going to leave a store where I bought merchandise and supported YOUR organization, to be treated by an employee who needs an attitude adjustment, much less shop there again. Plus, I will and have told others about this lousy store ( not about the merchandise, but the experience with the nasty cashier, ). Get rid of her or put her in the stockroom away from the customers. My transaction was done today 10/4/17 @ 2:32 PM, she was at cashier # 6. Thank you for your time. Tom Murphy

K-Martfurniture / daybed

We purchased a Day-Bed in the box to be assembled by ourselves. This was important and HAD to be completed by today. We opened the box and found dozens and dozens of pieces and a paper describing what each piece was. BUT...NO INSTRUCTIONS!!!
              We had no idea where to start!! I am VERY unhappy with this situation!!
              ALL the pieces are back in the box. I would either like my money back or have the option of purchasing a floor model. Please allow me to do this. I've been a loyal K-Mart fan for decades!!
              As our time is limited please reply as soon as possible. Thank You.

Kmartkenmore washer

I have never been so disappointed in a company as Im now promised 4 different delivery dates almost 2 weeks for 12 days ordered on the 18 received on the 1 called repeatedly with no answers just another date customers service in your company is Horrible I see why your company is so bad and why kmart are closing I was a faithful customer cheryl lopez very disappointed I'm sure u wont answer

• Updated by Sherock2 · Oct 03, 2017

Not satisfied with the washer

Kmartunprofessional management and loss prevention - stolen customer property.

To whom it may concern,

On Thursday Sept. 28, 2017 10:45PM-11:00PM (Guam time), I was at Kmart and I was shopping for my trip to the mainland. I was in the infants aisle when my son decided to take off running. I was gone from my cart literally 5 seconds because he only ran about 10 feet from where I was standing, mind you my cart is in full view from where I was. When was looking for my phone to play a video for him while he sat in the cart I realized that I couldn't locate my phone. Within less than 2 minutes I went to customer service and requested for assistance from Loss Prevention. The customer service rep looked like she hated her job and she it seemed as if she didn't want to help me. She called LP and they told her they have to have management approval to review the tapes. I told the rep that it was literally 2-3 minis ago.

After about 30 minis of waiting I asked her if they were going to assist me. She said that they reviewed the cameras but they could not see me with any phone. Here's the thing… She didn't even ask me what area or what department. They just told me that they couldn't find it. I asked them where they were looking AND ONCE AGAIN.. She calls loss prevention and then she asks me where I lost it ! 15 minis later…she told me that LOSS PREVENTION SAID THAT THERE ARE NO CAMERAS FACING THAT AREA! So how did they come up with the answer that they didn't see me with any phone? Pure laziness?

I asked if someone could at least assist me to look in that general area there were only 2 small shelves where I was at. She told me the manager would be out to speak with me. I waited another 15 minis and informed the customer service rep that if no one wanted to help me that I would go to the shelf and search for my phone. I also informed her that I need to take the clothes off the shelf one row at a time to search for the phone and I would put them back as soon as I was done. She called for a manager to be on site and for a staff member to assist me.

When I reached the 2 shelves in the infant aisle there was already 3 people there searching for the phone and the lady who said she was the “manager” that was standing around was drenched in heavy cigarette smoke was saying just call it a loss and she made a comment that she had better things to do than to help me.

I STAYED CALM AND PROFESSIONAL THE ENTIRE TIME, SPEAKING WITH RESPECT AND NOT EVEN SO MUCH AS RAISING MY VOICE..
                  I said I was going to write to corporate to let them know about how rude, unprofessional and unethical their customer service was especially coming from a manager.

I was wearing my work uniform at the time of this incident and my co-worker at my company also works part time for K-mart. One of the managers at Kmart was slandering my name and making up stories about what happened and made false allegations about calling the cops (no cops were called because I did not give them any reason to call them) on me because I told them I was writing to corporate. If you watch the video from LP you will clearly see that I did not make a scene or anything close to it and you will see the unprofessional behavior of your employees.

They proceeded to ask my co-worker for my corporate office number to complain about me because they saw where I was working. I feel like they are trying to retaliate against me because I am complaining about their service and because they know someone who works with me they think they have an advantage for their bad behavior. Is this how the people that you hire act? Is this the kind of service you would want to receive? If I wasn't wearing my uniform they wouldn't have anything to go on or even know who I was.

Maybe instead of trying to seek revenge because they can't hold up to their work standards they should try refocusing that energy to be a better worker.

I am completely disgusted with this experience but I look forward to hearing back from your company about this matter.

If I do not hear back I will have no other choice but to make a criminal complaint with our local authorities and also a formal complaint in the Courts of Guam on all the people that assisted me.

My name is Krystle and you can reach me at [protected] or [protected]@gmail.com

FYI and BTW: All your staff should be drug tested, ESPECIALLY MANAGERS! The manager that was sent to "assist me" was clearly on drugs (ice).

Kmartonline layaway

I put a nursery glider in layaway online and both times Kmart cancelled my layaway and told me it was out of stock after I payed off. Now I cannot get anyone to help me get my refund for the last cancelled layaway. It was cancelled August 30, 2017 and it's October 2, 2017. I am so frustrated with the customer service people that only give me the round around. I have always been a loyal customer to Kmart .I even would drive 2 hours to the store nearest to me. I will not put anymore online layaways in the future and not shop there anymore. They seem not to have any concerns about refunding my money any time soon but they didn't have a problem taking it.

Kmartsale items

Sale signs on shelves state items are on sale but when you get to the register they don't ring up on sale and the cashier calls someone and you show them the sale sign and they tell you that's not for that item or color when the sign is right there on the shelf. I get up set because the sign is right there and they tell you that it isn't on sale so I'am really mad at this point & walk out of the store and don't buy anything. Today was the 3rd time in the last several months that this has happened. There were several other customers in the store that were wanting to buy shoes that the sign said buy on get one at 50% off was told this wasn't for all of the shoes. Went online and the shoes were buy one get one for 50% off for the exact same shoes I was wanting to buy. Will not be going back to the store again after this keeps happening. It is no wonder the Kmart stores are going out of business.

Kmart / Sears — fake genuine diamond necklace / fraud

09/29/17 I was at KMART store closing / all sales final STORE 7606 in HESPERIA, CA today. I spotted a...

Kmart — employee being disrespected

I am a Kmart employee at the Kmart in Clemmons, NC. For one, the whole environment is unprofessional and full...

Kmart — being treated like i'm a thief

Hello, my name is veena Johnson and I am mad as hell about the way I have been treated at your Kmart store on...

Kmartheat

Kmart store 3198 in St. Albans WV is extremely hot!! Hot air blows through the vents. Customers and employees are constantly complaining about the heat. Something really needs to be done. It has been around 80 degrees outside this weekend and it has been cooler outside than it was in the store. I have talked to several people who said that if the problem Isn't resolved, they will no longer shop there.

K-Martsneakers

I have purchased Athletech sneakers for my husband for years from K-Mart. The quality of the product has gone downhill over the years. The sole separates from the shoe after several wearings, but my husband liked them because they came in wide widths and the velcro closing, so he just glued the sole back on.
                          But this time, purchased last year, the shoe size is mismatched. The left shoe is not as wide as the right one. My husband wore one pair a couple of times and stopped wearing them. He didn't tell me that they were hurting his feet.
                          I tried to return the unused pair to K-Mart, but I no longer have the receipt and now they are closing.

Kmart — very rude guy at layaway

I was at the kmart on washington road near canonsburg pa. I was going to place a layaway as i do every year...

Kmartrude cashier

I was in the Brevard Road KMart store Saturday and the cashier I had was very rude. I made a point to catch her name. It was Elizabeth I believe. She was very rushed and acted like helping her customer was the last thing she wanted to do. Inrealoze cashiers have a hard job, but she still should've had a better attitude then she did. Just a self centered bratty teenager is all she is.

Kmartirresponsible cashier and customer service

Yesterday (Thursday) I went to the Kmart at Lafayette - E 8th St in NYC. A cashier told me that the student discount is going to end on the coming Monday and she suggested me to buy whatever I need ASAP. So today I went to the same Kmart and got $60 of supplies when I was checking out, I asked another cashier about the student discount and he said there is no discount so I thought I might remembered a wrong date. The cashier refused to print a paper receipt for me and said I would get an email with the receipt. However when my friend was checking out with the same cashier, my friend asked him if he was sure about that and the cashier said the student discount has ended couple of weeks ago but school actually has only started for less than a week. Then I told the cashier that I was there yesterday and got the discount. He finally gave the discount to my friend. I asked him to do something with my order but he said he couldn't do anything (without even saying a sorry) and I had to get the customer service. And the customer service woman was on her phone for 10 mins while I was waiting. I told her about my situation and she said "It's too late, you can't get your discount." I asked her if she can get my stuff refunded. She said no because I didn't have a receipt and the emailed receipt has not been sent to my inbox yet. Nobody was trying to help me at all even though it was their fault at the first place.