Kaplan Universityacademic advisor position

Be ware...if you get a call from Kaplan saying there
Looking to hire academic advisors, training
Starting in March they are really looking for
Individuals who don't care about education
And just looking to get anyone enrolled to keep
Their pockets happy, meaning more money
For them!!! This university is a complete scam
And I'm posting this to let others know!!! They won't
Hire you unless you are willing to lie to students
And able to keep them enrolled no matter
What circumstances!!! Who would of thought
These non traditional schools would turn education
Into Sales!!! I hope they all get SHUT DOWN!!!

• Pr
    priscilla fant Oct 30, 2013

I have been going to Kaplan for over a year and for the year no problem and now that I have move into an apartment now I am having all kind os problems with my stipend check and it ridiculous you work hard to get the scholarship and then they don't want you to have it

xyz45 Oct 23, 2012

I know it is hard but i have to try and believe i [email protected]

• El
    Eli Bowen Aug 16, 2012

They have been doing the same to me and I found out they were receiving 5200.00 on each loan which is 3 and I have only received 900.00 and they said they sent the funds to me in the amount of 7000.00 which is a total lie I would know if I received that amount and when I disputed it and asked for transcripts of all my loans and payments that was the last time I heard from them. that was 2 weeks ago. I am currently looking for an attorney involved in a class action suit against them. I understand there are several but i have not been able to find the attorneys handling them. If you know of anyone please contact me at [email protected]

• Ke
    keithmlvn May 16, 2012

Kaplan actually stepped up to the plate and investigated this matter, after Dan Golden from the Bloomburg's Press printed a story on it. The have handled the situation fully, I just wish the would have done it the first time. But the least I can say is, they did handle it and make it right!

xyz45 Apr 05, 2012

I know it is hard but i have to try and believe i can

i want bat today

test56

test`123

• Je
    JenniferAmber Aug 04, 2011

Wow... you must be one of the Kaplan reps, huh? Just goes to show you they are in fact incompetent. I like how the city you are from isn't even spelled right! haha... We "belive" you... you guys are a bunch of gossip queens. Way to do your job. Kaplan University sucks and this idiot just proves it.

notoneofyou Jun 28, 2011

FYI the FA reps at kaplan are not stoners they just do not like to deal with the bs that the "students" always complain about if you hate kaplan so much drop out!! why continue and keep complaining because belive me they are talking about you once you are off the phone and will do nothing for you if you are a ### just remember that!

• Wa
    WarLord Jun 20, 2011

The best place to start is a bit of background on myself. I am 49 years old and have been on total disability for over 10 years. Iam bipolar 1, PTSD, panic disorder etc.. I spent many years under doctors care. I actually had reached a point that i had begun to feel better and wanted to make an attempt to go to school and eventually return to work.

When I spoke with Kaplan, I was totally honest and told them everything about myself. I asked them if they wanted letter from my doctor etc.. and other dccuments confirmsing my disablity and limitations. They told me no and just do not tell anybody, and none of this information would hold me back from my career choice of beooming a probation officer.

I was to discover on my own that the above is not true. Due to my limitations/disablility/meds etc...that I would not qualify for a probation officer. Then none of my credits would transfer to another school etc..In turn the 3 years I spent at kaplan is totally useless and they took me for a ride.

The recruiter from Kaplan took my desire to have a normal life. Work, earn my own way and be independent and kept telling me this was all possbile etc.. I trusted, took a leap of faith and now have a broken heart.

• Bl
    Bluesnurse Jun 19, 2011

Graduated from Kaplan in 2017 with a balance which was paid with a loan from Citi. Completed my MSN 2017 and requested my transcripts in April, found I had another balance. I was told this was from the BSN. Already paid. Second request, now need permission for higher review and why. Received an email from an omnibudsman. I guess this person is performing that review. I requested a full accounting of my account, not the mess from the web site. Have not got that. They wrote off the balance and sent it to collections, now on my credit report. Sad.

• Cm
    CMagagnotti May 26, 2011

I am currently enrolled at Kaplan for an Associates in Accounting and I am very pleased with their services. I understand that not everyone can be pleased in any business, but I wanted to share a positive comment towards Kaplan. I have had technical issues with my own computer and they were able to fix it through a short phone call with no problem to their technical support line. I had an academic advisor that called me every week just to make sure I was doing fine for the first two terms then once every two weeks until I felt comfortable on my own. The professors are great, the work is comparable to other schools, and the cost is also comparable. I have had a great experience and would recommend their services to others.

• Ke
    Keylais M Cross May 09, 2011

My Email is [email protected] Please get in touch with me. Kaplan is trying to get $1779 out of me when in fact those funds were cleared. The first excuse they gave me? My citizenship was in question. When that didn't fly? They never got approval for the loans. They aren't getting a dime from me and I wanna take these SOBs to court!

• Ta
    Tara Sherrie May 08, 2011

I have dealt with the same problems, and some. The financial aid department at Kaplan used my personal information to obtain loans in my name through CitiBank without my permission. I didnt even need the loans because I am a single mom and was approved for grants from the Dept. of Education. Kaplan 'double-dipped" in order to get my tuition paid to them twice, and because of that, a collection agency for CitiBank just confiscated my entire income tax refund this year, over 6, 500. when it should have been KAPLAN who should have had to pay them. I never saw a penny of any of the grant money or the loans they made when a portion was supposed to be sent to me for expenses. They are a criminal institution, not an educational institution, and they need to be stopped. I can be reached for further discussion at [email protected] --Tara S.

• Up
    upset student at Kaplan May 03, 2011

I have had many issues wit Kaplan University. First let me start by saying that I enrolled because they (so much) advertised about their portfolio development class and the students being able to use lifetime experience as credits... huge rip off there. This class is way over priced, and at the end they might not even use the portfolio we create. Huge misleading!!!
    Second complaint I have is in regards to financial aid not processing my documents, (TWICE), and after I decided to withdraw for Kaplan, I had a huge balance due, since my paper work sat on somebody's desk without being processed.
    Kaplan University needs to have some type of discipline done to them, or even a class action law suit. It is not ok for them to keep on misleading people this way. My credit is now showing a unpaid loan from Kaplan, and the finacial aid will not do anything about it.
    If anyone out there is in the same boat, drop me an email, or comment, maybe we can team up in order to do something about this.

• Re
    Rebeccahw Apr 14, 2011

It can be worse, I had horrible problems at UOP. I switched to GCU and have no problems now. They're traditional and a really good school. Go to my counselor if you need to switch or just have questions about changing schools. She can help you. She's awesome! Her number is [protected].
    -Rebeccah W.

• Tr
    Truthhurtz88 Apr 13, 2011

I just signed the petition "Tell Kaplan & The Washington Post: Stop Cashing In On Low-Income Students" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 50, 000 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

Thanks!

• St
    stephen lohbeck Apr 05, 2011

I, Stephen Lohbeck, am a student at Kaplan University and I applied for a expenses loan from the financial aid department. I have received only $800 total for the whole year. When the average loan I was told is $9500. My application stated that I need $6500 in order to continue my education with Kaplan. The explanation that I got was not even logical. There is no reason for my loan to be this low of amount of money. This is uncalled for and unethical.

• Tt
    Ttraylor505 Feb 08, 2011

I started the kaplan massage therapy program in december of 2017, and quit in april of 2017 and im ending up paying $8000 for sitting in a class room and not learning a thing!

In my four months at the school I only learned one massage! And it wasn't even a real massage! It was the same thing over and over again! There was so much bookwork and unnecessary crap I didn't even know what was going on! And it was taught through powerpoints, I can read myself I don't need to be read to! I feel so bad for anyone that completes this program because im positive you wont make it out in the real massage world compared to the school I went to and graduated from kaplan looks like a kindergarten class! Kaplan is such a fraud they don't care aboutt you and completey just out to get your money and string you along don't go there it should be shut down!! I wish I didn't have to pay them back because it was a complete waste!

• Yo
    yolanda6 Jan 30, 2011

The FA and SA offices at Kaplan University are a joke! My main complaint is their documentation management and their lackadaisical attitudes when dealing with students. I swear the majority of the folks that work in these departments are stoners just from the way they talk and carry themselves. I have really enjoyed the academic part of my college experience at KU, but this has marred my impression of KU in a big way. I know most schools suck when it comes to FA but this experience takes the perpetual cake!

• Gp
    gpsport Jan 01, 2011

I have to say that as a current student I have had issues upon issues. That being said the stress of stayingon top of issues that could have been avoided if the Financial Aid Department had of done their job instead of setting back and half A-S done their job would have saved me all the stress of class and life in general. Each term found me on the phone for hours and sometimes an entire day waiting to talk with someone, while in the end they owed me as well as the money that they demanded to be able to stay in class.

I do not fault Kaplan as much as I do the lazy financial aid department that they have. The best advise here is stay on top of your fiances with Kaplan.

On another side of this I did find later after signing on with Kaplan that their degree program for what I have is actually a BA and Masters degree program combined and it is an Associates Degree. This has been trouble as far as finding a job. When people want a BA degree and youhave taken those subjects it kind cuts to the bone.

Kaplan has been good to me in a sense, so I really can't complaint to much. I do have to credit my Admissons Advisor for all of her help. Had it not been for her support many of my issues would have gone un-corrected.

• Sw
    sweetbabynrs Nov 17, 2010

i'm sorry but you don't sound educated enough to be even considering college. your grammar and spelling are below 3rd grade level. You should definitely get your money back, but you should consider getting someone who can write intelligently to do the fighting for you.

• Jr
    JRocker967 Nov 02, 2010

This is J I just got done with a letter that is about to be sent to the higher learning commission
    lets all get together in a class action suit and shut these [censored] bags down

• La
    LaJudy Oct 15, 2010

There's a Kaplan support group on Yahoo http://groups.yahoo.com/group/takenumdown2010 where people are filling out affidavits against the Kaplan for stuff just like what happened to you. You should check it out.

Kaplanholic Sep 29, 2010

Kaplan are the schlockmeisters of the for-profit school community. If you don't beleive me, just read these articles:

They should be shut down.

• La
    Ladye Sep 22, 2010

Hello, I would not recommend Kaplan University to anyone just based on my experience with their finacial aid department. I have been dealing with them saying that I am constantly missing papers after being told I had everything and getting locked out of the online classes. I recently had to turn in papers again that I had sent that they had when I first signed up. When I asked them why I needed to resend papers from 2017, they replied that "they did not know why it was not in the file and these things happen". I recently received another e-mail stating I had other missing papers( I did speak to them again) and sent those. I had thought it was taken care of and have the conformation number from faxing it. Well, come to find out I am locked out again and during finals.Which has been really discouraging. Now, I have been told to send the papers and that I am missing yet another paper. The paper I am missing now they said they have no template for and had to write it out, sign & fax. I was not notified until being locked out that I was missing more papers. I have really had it with their finacial aid dept, and had problems with them not marking I sent papers till I am locked out. I have really not been happy with the way they run things. I have better things to do than have to call them and constantly fax things.

• Pe
    pennyhigh Sep 20, 2010

I have read several of these complaints and I must say I'm in 100% agreement! This school is horrible. I graduated with honors with my associates decree and decided to enroll in Kaplan for the sole reason their credits were $125 cheaper than my college and I was looking forward to saving money while in college. Needless to say from the 1st month I enrolled, the financial office has been a nightmare! Here is an example of one e-mail I have sent (there has been several and I have saved everyone of them)...

"I am sending you this e-mail due to my frustration with the management of my account here at Kaplan University. I graduated with honors from another college and decided to enroll with Kaplan because of Tenisha Walker's encouragement with this being a better college. I was impressed with the financial and academic advisers I spoke to. Realizing your Bachelors program was less expensive, I enrolled to obtain my degree.

I was first promised the wave of my technical fee and was told it would take less than two years to obtain my degree. Needless to say, no one would help me reverse my technical fee because I was told technical fees are never waved. Almost six months later when I happened to locate the form Ms. Walker signed waving my fee, I immediately faxed it in and my fee was waved. It took my persistence to achieve what Kaplan should have already done.

Since last summer I have been receiving calls because of my balance on my account. When I enrolled, they clearly stated my FASFA would cover my tuition and I would have extra to purchase Microsoft Word and other supplies I may need (this is why I changed colleges). With no phone call from my financial adviser, my FASFA was diminished due to the poor handling of my account. I tried several times to contact Mike Lisak, over three months later, (again with my persistence) I was able to get a hold of him. He explained to me taking two classes too many, I can only take one class at a time in order not to be in the negative. He also said he would maximize my student loans in order to ensure I will have enough to pay for my tuition.

This is alarming because this means it will take twice as long for me to graduate (which was not promised to me when I enrolled) and I have never had to only take one class at a time. Since last September of 2017, I continuously receive calls about my account, even though I reduced my credits in half. I Spoke to someone on Oct. 4th, 2017 at 11:30 a.m. explaining I am requesting a different financial worker. I was told this needs to be escalated and a Katy Burke would call me. I waited, called again on Oct. 9th and was told a Tiffany Washington would call me because Katie Burke does not handle financial aid. I waited, On Dec. 23rd I called AGAIN and spoke to an Amy Cagle and was told a Teonna Perkins would call me on this matter. I must say, I am going to take this matter further if I cannot receive the support my money is paying for! To this day, I still have had no financial help with my concerns and frankly I have never experienced such unprofessionalism at a college! My grades have suffered because I am consumed with this quandary."

After over a year of torment from this school I have made the decision to withdraw and accept my loses. Trust me I am trying to obtain an attorney so that I can receive some of my money back from them. I have never done a class action suit, but I have found several students that have experienced the same situation..They should be held accountable for what they put their students through.

• Ro
    rooncea Sep 17, 2010

If you ever decide to attend Kaplan University, please read the volumes of complaints on the internet about this university. Complaint after complaint about their financial aid department that has been a mess for years. stories of people who could not graduate and/or were socked with extra fees and could not afford to graduate, tip offs, lies, games. As for me, I feel stupid, duped, and conned by a salesperson to enter one of their online health certificate types of programs. I was lied to about the program, the number of people in it, the real opportunities after I graduate. She even lied to me and said there were internship opportunities through Kaplan when there were no opportunities for internships. The one time I complained by email, my email was totally ignored and never responded to.

I do not know why the Department of Education has not slammed Kaplan on all these complaints. Buyer beware. I threw thousands of dollars away. When I decided the course program was not for me, about two months into it, I had no option buy to pay for the entire course on monthly payments. Took a year. Go to a real school with real, live people. If you are planning on working with people, go to a school that offers real-world internships (and does not lie to you and say there is one when none exist). It amazes me they are still in business, and they are simply a money-making business, not really an educational institution that reflects the true values and intent of education.

Kaplanholic Aug 03, 2010

Talk to Danny Weil at [email protected] He needs info.

Kaplanholic Jul 27, 2010

Have you talked to Danny Weil at [email protected] - he is looking into Kaplan courses like this.

• Ju
    justgotscrewed Jul 26, 2010

I attended Kaplan University March 2017 until January 2017 majoring in Medical Assisting. In January 2017, Kaplans Clinical advisor, Tracia Berry dismissed me from the program because the Clinical site that I was doing my last Externship with had problems sending my paperwork. This problem had been going on every Clinical. I had complained about this site for two terms, about how the person in charge was not responding to their calls and how my paperwork was not being turned in on time. Well, here I am about to finish with my externship and Tracia Berry decides that she would terminate me from this site, this means that I would have to complete my externship somewhere else and would have to start over again. I was not happy with that decision, here I was with only 25 hours left to complete a 160 hour internship and you tell me that I am being withdrawn from that site, only to start over. I was not able to get into my account because the advisor had already blocked my account before I was notified that I was been taken from the site. When I call to ask what was going on, Tracia Berry replied that she had sent me an e-mail and to read it. I read the e-mail, when I called her back her reply was "don't return to that site, you are dismissed from the Health Science department" Well here I am thinking with anger that I have spent all this money getting my education, to be dismissed without an explanation is not going to cut it. I talked to the Dean of Students, my advisor, her supervisor, I even talked to someone that was in charge of the whole University and nothing has been resolved. To top this off, I have tried to get my transcript and they are saying that I owe them. I am saying that it can't be, because I thought that my grants and loans took care of that. Now I need someone to step in an help. All I want is for them to clear my account so that I can get 2 transcripts, so that I can move on with my life.

Kaplan University Online honors student Jul 12, 2010

I just finished an associate degree, or so I thought. Then I got an email, not a phone call, that I was missing a keyboarding class, after achieving honors standing in advanced transcription(typing and internet usage is paramount, including the use of word documents). I am so mad I could spit! I have to take this class, after I already finished the rest of the program requirements. They missed it on my record, so now they want me to pay for it out of pocket! Crazy people, they can dream about that one! No freakin way, at 370 per credit hour. Still waiting to hear about whether they really expect me to pay for it. Getting a lawyer!

• St
    starlwe Jun 23, 2010

That's because Kaplan's Financial Aid department can't do basic math! I enrolled for one term and dropped out immediately at the end of the term once they told me I have out of pocket expenses. During the term I kept running the numbers and it just doesn't add up, the numbers indicate I have out of pocket expense after my student loans. That should've been a warning sign, I was foolish to believe them when they told me I wasn't going to have out of pocket expense. I called them (Fin Aid) multiple times asking for clarification and how they arrive at their numbers, they couldn't tell me how they got their numbers but kept telling me it is fully covered by student loans. And now I'm $2, 000 in debt at the end of the term!

• Ra
    RaeAnna2 Jun 22, 2010

Hello;
    I am sorry to hear of your dilemma with Kaplan. I too am facing a possible situation with them and I have some serious regrets in getting involved with them. I have maxed out my aid but am eligible for "other help" they told me that. But now that it is time to anty up they are now trying to present me with reasons as to why they don't want to comply. The word Indian Giver comes to mind. I am close to graduation, and they pulled a similar stunt when I got my associates from them; I wish I had run while they getting was good. I may lose out, and still have loans on my head, but hell will freeze over before I sign anything agreeing to pay them a dime. My credit is shot anyway so what does one more blackspot matter to me? It doesn't. Screw em.

You are a vet and especially deserving of an education-fight them with all you got contact your state attorney general or anyone who will listen.

Good Luck and god bless

• Gr
    Grism May 20, 2010

Uh... You should get your money back.