Having problems with Asia Miles?

Asia Miles Customer Service Contacts

1024 Post Box, Tsuen Wan Post Office
Hong Kong

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Asia Miles Customer Service. Initial Asia Miles complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Asia Miles above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Asia Miles. Discuss the issues you have had with Asia Miles and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Asia MilesI complained of your poor telephone service 28.1

I want you to understand my embarrassment in holding the phone for over 6 hours in fearing that at any time your staff spoke in the phone. I want to participate in your promotion for transferring the credit card points to the Asia Miles account in receiving 10% extra of the Asia miles. However, the credit card company told me to contact your company as he could not confirm the points could be transferred to the account before the deadline on 31.1.2020. My Asia Miles Account No is [protected]. The Manager of the Bank of China informed me yesterday that the points of the bank in my name had been transferred to the Asia Miles Account. The AE card staff also told me yesterday that the points of the bank in my name had been transferred to the account also. Please ensure the points of the two credit cards had been transferred to the Asia Miles Account before the deadline on 31.1.20 to earn the extra 10% bonus. My contact telephone number is [protected]. Thank you for your kind attention.

Nov 25, 2019

Asia Miles — asia miles flight redemption and poor cs service

Complaint against the Poor and Unhelpful Customer Services of Asia Miles, and forfeited of my flight award...

Asia Milesflight schedule postpone

My flight schedule to Kaoshiung Taiwan which I redeemed from Asia Miles got postponed without any reason.

I have a filed a similar complaint earlier and there is no response at all.

I would like to request for compensation as the flight postpone affects my appointment schedules.

Flight: KA0692
    Depart from: Penang Intl Airport
    Transit at: HK Intl Airport
    Arrival at: Kaoshiung Intl Airport

The purpose of choosing Cathay airline is due to the trust I have but this incident has disappointed me. I will consider other airlines next time with such poor service from Cathay.

Asia Milescomplaint on the poor customer services

I write to complain about the unreasonable and unacceptable arrangement in handling customers' exchange of air tickets.

I am a member of your company and with your reputable image and sound advertisment in the market, I would believed that your company is trustworthy and excellent in customer services.

However, I recently encountered a very disappointing experience in exchanging the air tickets. Firstly, most of the flights would put customers on waiting list first and cannot be confirmed until almost 10 days piror to the flying date but on the other hand, we can only secure our flights if we are willing to spend extra points which means your company actually have seats but not being release to your customers. Is this a trick of cheating your customers' money? Is this your company style of doing business in the world? To be honest, what's the point of being a member of your company and tried very hard to save the points while we cannot join the services?

Besides, I tried to contact the customer hotline for 2 days but the line is busy forever. I left messages but there is no one to call back for days. Is this the so called good customer services? As your customers cannot seek for help when we are having problems?

I believe that as a customer of your company, I have the right to take any necessary actions against your company concerning the unresonable and unacceptable acts concerning the above complaints. However it is neither an ideal nor practical way of resolving the problem. I am totally disappointed in the no response so far given your reputation in quality in the market. From my experience so far, I am greatly doubtful about the customer services pledge from your company.

I hope my complaints can be dealt with at once before I turn to media or related government department and I look forward to hearing from you to solve my ticket issue as soon as possible. Please contact me at [protected] as soon as I sent this out.

From Mr. Law

Asia Milesmiles claim - rejected

Good afternoon,

I submitted four flights in the miles claim area because, despite the membership card number applied during the check-in, it didn't come out in the final amount of miles.
        The system's answer to my application was that apparently the mileage for the 4 flights were credited to another reward programme.
        But I don't use other reward programmes with British airways.

Is it possible to check what's the matter?
        Here below my personal infos:
        - Asia miles membership number is: [protected].
        - name/surname: Vanessa Vasone
        - Booking number of the 4 flights: OQ87TR.
        06 Jun BA0168 Shanghai-London ET [protected]
        06 Jun BA0570 London-Milan
        03 Jul BA0583 Milan-London ET [protected]
        03 Jul BA169 London-Shanghai

Best regards,
        Vanessa Vasone

Asia Miles — lying to loyal customer - never be able to claim miles back

I prebooked the inflight purchase products. When I was onboard and received what I had purchased, the crew...

Asia Miles — asia miles

This is the most disorganized company. Talk to five people, get five different answers. Do not use for amex...

Asia MilesWebsite

website has been broken ever since their last "revamp" a couple of years ago. impossible to use more than a few minutes before the website logs you off for a bogus timeout. utter incompetence, company ignores complaints, probably hiding a flawed procurement system that protects incompetent vendors or internal manager selection process. it sure ain't like it used to be in the good ole days when Asia Miles was the gold standard. boo!

Asia Miles — Seat allocation

Tried to book a flight from Toronto to Seattle. Dates were 25 days from my actual flight schedule. The...

Asia MilesPoor Communication & Customer Services

Asia Miles suck. Customer Service sucks, reaching to their Call Centre in Hong Kong sucks even more. I don't even know what better words can describe Asia Miles other than "sucks". You got a complaint about them? They do not CARE about you because they their mistakes, you're just an unlucky one. Too bad.

I attempted to call the Cantonese line on September 7th 12 times, through out the entire day and left voice message. NO ONE called back. No one. So for the last attempt, I went for the English Line and it went through.
            The first customer representative FAILED to assist me. I asked to redeem my points for a flight ticket between September 20th to September 26th. He said no available flights are available, please contact our partnered airlines to find out the available flights. I told him that last time when I redeemed my points, one of the staffs actually contacted the partner airlines for me to find out the available flights. He RESPONDED - "BECAUSE YOU"RE LUCKY". Oh really?! Oh I'm SO THANKFUL. OH WOW...yea right.

Checked the partner airlines' website and found available flights. Called back to the English Line and got someone else to check. Spoke to a girl on the phone, again. No available flights and added that they're "system is more updated" than their airline partner's website. Later, she found an available flight on September 27th and said 50, 000 points' needed. I told her..."no...last year (2013), 20, 000 is only needed for round trip tickets from YVR to LAX". Then she replied that it has changed...Well great, guess I can't redeem my points for the tickets.

So I purchased my tickets from Expedia. A LESS FRUSTRATING & WITH BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE COMPANY. Found a ticket that's on special. Got it and made a complaint on Asia Miles' Facebook and Twitter. Jenny, is one of the staffs that followed up on me via Facebook. Told her what happened and she said she'll get someone to get back to me.

A day after, received a email from one of the staffs. She said she has FOUND AN AVAILABLE FLIGHT ON SEPTEMBER 25TH. "FYI-ED ME THAT ONLY 20, 000 POINTS' NEEDED." Excuse me?! So I emailed back saying that they have MADE MISTAKES AND CONFUSED ME. 1) Only 20, 000 is NEEDED and NOT 50, 000. 2) Available flight on September 25th and not that it's unavailable, although they claimed that their system is UPDATED. 3) They EMAILED back after I said I HAVE PURCHASED A TICKET FROM ANOTHER TRAVEL AGENCY ALREADY

So today, one of their representatives called FROM MANILA (till now I still don't understand why I haven't received a call yet from Hong Kong). Long story short, she told me the lists of available flights. AGAIN, I've mentioned that I ALREADY SAID I HAVE PURCHASED A TICKET ALREADY IN MY COMPLAINTS. Then she said they can't do anything. They can't give any reimbursements, all they could say is "don't worry, this will never happen again, " "sorry, we can't do anything". I asked her to have the complaint forwarded the the Hong Kong's head office; yet, she said that my email's going to be ended up forwarded to the Office in Manila, Philippines. And nothing can be done cause the decision has been done.

I attempted to call the Cantonese line after the call. And...it's the we're busy, please leave a voice message.

Yes, Asia Miles. I GOT IT. NOTHING CAN BE DONE. YOUR MISTAKES, MY PROBLEM. Not only you just lost ME as a customer, you have lost another 2 at the same time. You're welcome and I will continue spreading my honest review upon your poor customer service. I will avoid taking the airlines that's part of the Asia Miles program, have a great day!

• Ms
                MsLai Sep 09, 2013

Asia Miles/ Macropolo clubRedeem tickets

I just redeem the tickets for my parents under their Macropolo club. After many time full reservations, I finally can book the tickets but i still cannot issue the tickets.They ask me to contact the service desk (+[protected] Hong Kong / +[protected] world wide) to issue the ticket before April 30 if not the tickets will be automatically canceled. I called many times and its took too difficult to get in queue with some customer service representatives. I have waited at least 1 hour and half or more each time but I still cannot get answered by anyone. If they cannot issue the tickets, why don't they directly reply? Why do they have to advertise that we can redeem our points for tickets. I have been waiting for hours and hours until my cell phone is out of battery, my phone card is running out of money, my Skype account is no money left. They are still no answer.
              DON'T TRUST CATHAY PACIFIC

Asia Milesvery poor customer service

I agree. I have been trying to call asia miles for the whole day. I was on hold for 45 minutes with their music on.. and then the line started to become busy. WTH!??? I called them again and its been 30mins and no one is still answering. What is this? I am trying to think they are doing this on purpose! I just need to reset my password and email. But they dont even have that option on their website. They dont even show security questions.. Soo annoying!

VERY POOR SERVICE! I AM NOT RIDING CATHAY PACIFIC EVER AGAIN BECAUSE OF THIS! IM NOT EVEN A MEMBER OF THIS COMPLAINTS BOARD BUT BECAUSE OF THIS, I WANT THE REST OF THE FLYERS TO THINK TWICE ABOUT FLYING WITH AIRLINES CONNECTED TO ASIA MILES.

r10 May 24, 2012

ASIA MILES IS A BIG PIECE OF ###..EXCUSE THE LANGUAGE BUT THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO PUT IT! I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY CALL THEMSELVES A COMPANY BECAUSE IT IS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST ORGANIZATION IVE EVER EXPERIENCED. I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WAS ON HOLD FOR OVER 2 HRS! THAT IS JUST RIDICULOUS. AND THEN A WOMAN WITH A THICKKKKKKK INDIAN ACCENT ANSWERS ME AND SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. WORST OF ALL, SHE CUTS ME OFF WITHIN A MINUTE!!! WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THIS. THIS COMPANY IS A COMPLETE SCAM AND WASTE OF YOUR TIME! FOR THOSE PEOPLE USING THIS REWARD PROGRAM, I SUGGEST YOU REDEEM YOUR POINTS AND LEAVE ASAP BECAUSE YOU WILL REGRET STAYING BIG TIME!! ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE!!

Asia MilesAccrual of Mileage

My son has been flying on Cathay Pacific since he was in his nappies. He is now a late teen. On two separate occasions, he took a BA flight from London to HK and return and duly logged his mileage IN prior to boarding. When I checked his statement, I found that the miles had not been logged in. A call to Asia Miles brought forth this amazing response. His "full name" was not on the ticket so therefore the miles were rejected. So his first name and last name is now no longer acceptable because he is flying BA instead of Cathay. We had no problems with this in the past and we are talking an average of 2 flights per year for 14 years. When did they change their policy? No one seems to know. So had I named my son "Krzysztof Andrzej Aurelius Bronislaw Radziwill Barynowski", would I have to put all these names down on his ticket? Surely not? How absurd. My son has already logged in his passport number on his Asia Miles membership form so what is the problem? Well here's the deal. If they make it such a bother just to log your miles in, you give up. Who on earth has this kind of time?

Furthermore, on 1st August 09 Asia Miles increased the cost of renewing your miles from US12 per block of 2, 000 miles to ... wait for it ... US$50 per block of 2, 000 miles. In short, a 4 1/2 time INCREASE in cost for renewing your miles and being a loyal passenger!!

You have to hand it to them. They are in the business to diddle you out of your mileage and their loyalty programme does not encourage loyalty. I am a Marco Polo member.

Asia MilesMissing miles

Like many people on this website, we can only complain about the poor service of Asia Miles.
                    We bought E-tickets on internet at BCD Travel, Bremen, Germany. Frankfurt-Madrid-Miami-Santa Cruz (Bolivia) and back Montevideo-Madrid-Frankfurt with Iberia. At the airports the Iberia staff booked the miles on their computers.
                    As we looked on our Asia Miles account we saw only 3060 miles on it. First we tried to phone Asia Miles one week long... only a computer voice telling that they cannot connect to an operator.
                    We wrote them a email. They wrote back we have to send the original tickets or the boarding cards. We don't have any tickets because we bought E-Tickets on internet. We threw a few boarding cards away, thinking that we don't need them anymore.
                    THEY made a mistake and now WE have to prove that we really to took these flights... a bad joke.
                    After we read all the complaints about Asia Miles, we think that it is better to throw the Asia Miles cards away and stop wasting our time with them...

• Ra
                        raon Aug 30, 2012

i need you email address please kindly send it, please to hear from u asap, ill send a registration of my boss. thanks a lot.

Asia MilesPoor Customer Service

Asia Miles never ceases to amaze me with their poor quality of service.

Day 1. I called the customer service hotline to discuss an error in my status level. I'm not happy communicating with the person that answered the phone so I ask to speak to her supervisor. She puts me on hold for a long time and comes back and tells me "she" discussed the situation with her supervisor and that the supervisor is too busy to talk to me now and she can't change my status. First of all, I did not ask for "her" to speak with the supervisor but rather I wanted to speak to the supervisor. So I left my name and number and insisted she call me back. NO CALL.

Day 2. Basically the same thing. The supervisor was too busy at the moment so I insisted she call me back this day because no one called me the day before. NO CALL.

Day 3. Similar situation and the supervisor refuses to talk to me because she feels the issue is solved and I'm irate at this point and want to go to their office but they won't tell me where it is. I have never in my life been unable to talk to a supervisor at a call center.

Come on Asia Miles please...

You take your semi-monopoly status in HK for granted.

SOOOO BADDDD OMGSS!!!

r10 May 24, 2012

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! UNLESS THEY FIRE ALL THEIR CURRENT EMPLOYEES IN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT, THE COMPANY WILL ONLY GO DOWN HILL FROM HERE!!!

marylondon Oct 22, 2010

Asia Miles - RIDICULOUS! Must work on a 'make sure the customer service is appalling so the customers will give up' basis. They have sapped me of energy I can not even be bothered to go into the details. Basically a con.

• My partner and I are going through the same grief with Asia Miles - after paying too much for two LAX - Brisbane - LAX tickets with A.M.'s partner airline, Qantas, we are now getting the same song and dance that we somehow bought 'Q' category tickets - which have been rejected by Asia Miles. We bought our tickets through a major North American travel site and NOWHERE - including our e-tickets and boarding passes - is 'Q' mentioned (!) What a scam! We bought these tickets in good faith almost a year prior to departure hoping to collect Asia Miles and could easily have flown ex- Vancouver with Air Canada and collected 15, 000 air miles each. Not only that, but the seat configuration on a Qantas plane - similar to both B.A. and Cathay Pacific - is so tight that it's very uncomfortable and borderline criminal. I had to read my newspaper side saddle and luckily my (also tall) neighbour managed to secure an empty seat 6 rows ahead after complaining to a steward prior to takeoff. Yes, the wine, food and service was good BUT after this we will never fly Qantas again - for we could have flown with Air Canada directly from Vancouver with more leg room and saved $750 plus accrued our air miles. Bah, humbug!

Janos Bergman
                          Richmond, BC, Canada

Chandan Malvankar Jun 24, 2009

I too recetly faced a problem with Asia Miles.
                          I did not get the reward points because I travel on some ineligible sub class. But this subclass is not mentioned at the time of booking tickets.
                          Details or on my blog at the following link:

Chandan Malvankar

Asia Miles — Asia Miles - Poor Customer Service

Asia Miles has the worse customer service out of all the airline loyalty programs in the world. Their phone...

Asia MilesPoor service!

I had my travel wallet stolen. All other travel loyalty programs were pleased to provide replacement cards to encourage my continuing use of their services, except for ASIA MILES, which required a payment of $20 or 2,000 miles to replace my card. (And unlike other programs, production of the card is necessary to claim many rewards or to earn miles.)

Moreover, Asia miles expire regularly even if you are an ongoing, regular earner of the miles. This is in sharp contrast to every other loyalty program that I know of.

Their anti-consumer attitude amazes me. Stay away from Asia Miles. I know I will in the future.

• Su
                            susansss Oct 26, 2019

Diana Tulagan of your asiamiles call center in manila, is just about the most unhelpful person. she makes me feel like I am bothering her.
                            all I wanted was to check flights to London using mileage.
                            she was unfriendly, impolite, and has no sense of service.
                            people like her don't belong to your organization as they give asiamiles a bad name.

• Hk
                            HK Angry customer Aug 19, 2019

Extremely terrible customer service. Most of the call center staff are extremely unhelpful and full of attitude. Living in Hong Kong with Cathay having little/to no competition makes it worse. They charge 5 star premium rate but offers inferior product/service/flight food. What a disgrace!

• Be
                            Begoña Montoro Nov 01, 2018

It is impossible to make use of the Asia Miles for trips that are not destined for China. It's a lie. If you try to make a reservation they leave you on the waiting list until you get bored because they lie and they do not tell you that you can not travel with the miles but paying the entire plane ticket

Joy Soontit Aug 25, 2015

Asia Miles, my membership # [protected], I have sent multiple emails and called the toll free numbers to redeem my flight rewards that are expiring, but you and your customer service is not giving a reply. I wanted to redeem a RT bus ticket and a lounge entree when I am in Hong Kong. 16 000 miles will expire on the 31st of October, Please get in touch with me ASAP about my request.

Thank you.
                            Josefina Soontit, email [email protected] I will have a copy of all my communications with you so I have proof of your poor customer service.

Asia Miles Reward ProgramMileage reward never redeemed

Don't trust asia miles reward program, in last six years i could never redeem asia miles , most of my points got lapsed due to time factor. They hardly have any allocation of seats for this reward program, it is a mere scam

Please note that asia miles reward program is attached with flying cathay pacific.

Always get your mileage listed with other programs, but don;t trust this china based airlines.

I called them many times, wrote them many times, tried to redeem award but till today i am not successful, every time their reply is "all flights are booked" even when it is asked few months in advance.
                          I complained their head office in hongkong-china, but no favorable reply, same answer.

Beware of asiamiles/cathay pacific air mileage program.

Manson Sep 25, 2007

I claimed my gift in Asiamiles (www.asiamiles.com) program and they said my redeem gift has to be collected in other country which I am not a resident there. This is ridiculous and a trap to us to forfeit my points

They refused to refund the points to me. This is absolutely a rip off.