Jewel-Oscodisappointing experience

Hello,

I would first like to say that my family and I have been shopping at Jewel-Osco for multiple years now, we have benefited from the convenience and I would like to thank you for that. However, my recent experiences have tainted my view of the company. For example, on this past Sunday (May 28th, 2017) I was doing my weekly grocery run, as I entered my Jewel-Osco located at 2031 Main St, Wheaton, IL 60187, and I was greeted with a half-powered store. Although it was a nuisance, the problem was in the lack of service the customers received. Without any announcements, I had to figure out the problem for myself. I was taken back when other customers walked in and asked an employee if the store was open, the employee rudely dismissed the customer with a simple answer of "Yes", when a much more complex answer should have been given. I understand that it was out of the employee's control, and they were just as frustrated, but they should have communicated clearly and politely to the customers as half the store was not in service and in the dark. As if this was not a headache of an experience, as I was checking out my food began to pile up and I noticed that the bagger left my station unannounced, and I had to bag all of my groceries. I know this was a one time event, but the company has been losing what makes it the store I once knew it to be. I hope that this story will not only help the service at my local Jewel-Osco but many others.

Kelly Strieker