550 N State St, Chicago, IL, 60654, US
Thu:6:00 am - 12:00 am
Fri:6:00 am - 12:00 am
Sat:6:00 am - 12:00 am

Reviews and Complaints

Jewel-OscoThe store does not provide cleaning materials for cleaning up the deli department

They clean dishes with paper towels I was told that the manager doesn't order sponges etc for cleaning dishes I walked in the store and I went too the deli and I seen this girl washing dishes with a paper towel.
And today I went too shop at the store this worker was very frustrated and he walked out because he claims the department manager is keeping up problems in the deli department. He was stating on the walk home she complains about work not getting done but she want provide materials and every time I am in the store I notice a lot of people in that department is leaving you guys need to find a new deli manager she is turning you guys store into a big zoo in the deli department where everybody is at each other throats and I don't find it appropriate that she goes and feed the guy father b.S.

• Quannell Johnson Sep 21, 2020

Hi Victor,

I have reviewed your note, but don't know who "the guy father b.s." is. Who is this? Does he work in the deli? I have to admit that I'm having quite a bit of trouble following your story.

Jewel-Oscothe price of my pork shoulder blade

Good afternoon,

I was just in your store(Jewel/Osco) and I purchased 2 packages of pork shoulder that were in the "Managers Special" section ( an additional 30% off the price) The original price was $5.21 & $4.49. I'll begin with the first one.

So, the price was $5.21 and you lowered it to $2.89 (a savings of $2.32). So doing the math, which isn't too difficult to do, I came to the conclusion that this package should be costing me $1.45 ( that's taking 30% off the price, which is .87 minus $2.32), correct? I wound up paying $2.43, which is not even 20 % off.

Now let's take my second pork shoulder package, without all the math details, you should be able to figure out what I should have spect vs what I actually spent. That package was $4.49, dropped to $2.49. This should have cost me $1.74, but I wound up paying $2.09.

Now the price difference is really not the point, it's the way that you go about deceiving your customers. It clearly shows that I should be paying one price and when I leave there, I wound up paying a higher price!!

I've sent you a photo of my receipt along with the store details as well as today's date and time I was there.

I would appreciate a reply answering why I was over charged. I do enjoy your store and shopping there, but I am disappointed in the way you false advertise.

Regards,

Howard Stein

the price of my pork shoulder blade
    the price of my pork shoulder blade

Jewel-Oscobakery

I have ordered a plain rye uncut at least 5 times from this location and not once have they ever provided one even though I was promised it would be ready each time. I'm not sure what I can do to make it more clear to them what I want. Every time they have sliced it and several times they have even put it out and sold it instead of holding it for me. It's always someone else's fault, no one there is ever to blame. When I lived in the suburbs I requested this many times at several different locations and they managed to get it right. I don't know what the issue is with this location but I have never had a good experience with anything I have ever ordered from the bakery.