Menu

M
Author of the complaint
2:45 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I been working for this company for about 4 years the first year I had to file a report against a supervisor for sexual harassment. When the supervisor got "let go" my nightmare started. Someone from management cleared my whole schedule I had no hours. I talked with the assistant manager and indeed he knew who was doing and told me that if it ever happened to come talk to him. That person did it again I talked to the assistant manger and know he gave me an answer saying that "I wasn't working good" the person that was doing that was my supervisor. She asked for a transfer after she left work was peaceful until someone from management again said something about the report I made a year before and now the whole store is talking about it some people know exactly what happened and the other half think they know. I found myself gain in their office this time he didn't do anything the assistant manager got the names down, but never bother to talk to that associate keep in mind that when I talked to the store manager about the harassment report he said it was confidential it was going to stay between him the assistant manager and I. That associate kept talking which lead me to go talk to them myself it got to that point that I had to the job for them. That associate has a relative that works in the same and that is very close to someone from management which is why I believe they never did anything about my situation. Now a month ago another associate was trying to find out what my sexual orientation is and about the report I made sure I talked to someone again and I got the same response nothing I had to talked to the associate myself she talked talking but, just yesterday I was walking towards a table and I notice that associate standing with an outside of work friend I notice the associate telling her friend its me her friend walks towards me gets in my personal space I could smell the alcohol in her she tries to make a scene I tell her I know that the associate sent here to come bother me she looks at my name and tells me "now I know who you are" she got to closed to me I thought she was going to hit me specially if she was intoxicated. I turned and walked away. AGAIN I found myself in the office. Why do they have to wait to solve a problem until I feel threaten. This store has so much problems. Even one of the supervisors told me she was proud that I made the report that they all knew what he would do to his workers but no one wanted to say anything. They said they don't take retaliation but they all did it to me. I once saw this job as my getaway from personal problems now I leave my personal problems out to come and deal with everyone there. I have witness supervisors humiliating associates. I have tried to find another job but its hard to find something that goes with my school schedule. I hate my job!

Update by mariacali
Jul 29, 2014 6:23 pm

More JC Penney complaints & reviews

JC Penney - jc penney hair salon
JC Penney - under trained people working ing in the optical department
JC Penney - jc penney salon manager (sue)
1 comments
H
Mar 26, 2022 12:13 pm

Back in the 70s I worked as a high school teenager in the men's department for JCP. There was a gentlemen who worked in the suit department inside the mens department. He constantly pinched my bum. I asked him over and over to stop. But he never did. He pinched other girls as well. While shopping in the store one day with my little sister, he pinched my bottom in front of her. My sister went home and told my dad. My dad ordered me to report what was happening to the HR department. I did. The man was fired. He tried to sue JCP. He dropped the lawsuit when I agreed to testify. The manager of men's didn't like me after that. He had me transferred to the children's dept. after yelling at me in front of customers for not handing out enough credit card applications. Then 2 weeks later, coincidently I received an award for the most credit card applicants for the entire store. The children's dept. manager gave me a raise and told me his sales were always higher on my work shifts. Another employee in the hardware dept. made lewd comments to me as well, but I did not report him. At the time I was shy and innocent. I didn't fully understand men or what happened.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1276 complaints