J2 Efax Plus Servicesj2 efax plus services

J

Dear Sirs,

i was billed €13.37 under reference [protected] GB from 02/03/09 up to now.

i contacted VISA to stop this; but their response was that i should contact the company to stop that.

could you help me in this case.

many thanks

best regards.

• Mm
    mml2900 Oct 27, 2009

Hi, my name is Michelle and I am an apprentice at Balestriere Lanza, a trials and investigations law firm in New York. Our firm has been investigating eFax's potential misconduct for several months and would be interested in hearing more from you about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at [email protected], or call Analyst Sarah Goodman at [protected] x 132.

James Sweet Nov 13, 2009

The very same thing JUST happened to me. I had closed my account on 9/5/2009 - I have an email confirmation from efax - and they billed me $17.05 on 11/5/2009. I've called in several times and keep getting the run around. Suggestions???

Marmaladema Jan 15, 2010

I closed my acct late-may 09. 1/2/10 they charged my card 67.80. I called that day and was told the refund would be to me within 48 hours. I have a reference number - a lot of good that does. Today is 13 days since I was told I would get the refund. Not a penny returned, and when I call (on my dime, not theirs) and finally get an almost-English fluent callcenter employee, they take the ref number and come up with "can I put you on hold a moment?" Putting me on hold means hanging up on me.

• Do
    Doug-O! Feb 16, 2011

I saw a charge of $ 16.95 on my debit card 02/09/2011 and called the [protected] phone number. The operator took my credit card information and when I told her that they already had that info if they charged me; she said that sat she could not credit my account and cancel the direct withdrawals w/o that info. I somewhat hesitantly gave up the info. This is 02/17/2011 and my debit card account shows no reversal of the $ 16.95 charge. I don't know how this company got my secure debit account to make debits on the account. I am having to cancel a bank account I've held for 25years in order to stop the charges. The bank has NOT guaranteed that they will NOT pay the charges and go after me if the account receives more debit requests on the defunct account.

• Jy
    JyTarpley Mar 22, 2011

I have been seeing charges of $16.95 on my checking account statements. I did not even know what Efax Plus Services was or what they do. I called and told them to cancel and refund me my money. The guy got to looking and said that I opened an account with them in 2009. I told him that I did NOT open an account with them. There is some kind of fraud going on. I am in the process of talkin to my bank, but if nothing is done about this within the week, I will be contacting a lawyer. I don't know how they got my checking account info and that really concerns me.

• Ta
    TakenByFraud Mar 25, 2011

We got charged 6 times from this Efax plus service company. They used our debit card without our autherization. I think some how they got our info through Amazon because the day before we bought a book online there. On 03/22/11 two charges of $14.20 and four charges of $14.24 were fraudulantly taken from our account. I will drop the Chase account in a heartbeat if those charges are not reversed. How secure is it when you inform the bank when you see pending charges that were made in fraud and the bank tells you they can't take the money back unitl the pending has become complete? The banks are probably the crooks behind it in the 1st place. Everyone knows about the bail out and the President is in bed with Wall Street. They put on an act like they are protecting us from those banks and credit card companies but at the same time congress lets them get away with new ways to take our money and call it all legal. They think they are above the law.

• Pe
    Perthiana Apr 07, 2011

Hi everybody out there, who get ripped off by Efax!
    I am from Australia and since 4 months I try to stop them to take money from our creditcard...
    Phoned them up 3 times and the call just directed to somebody who have "no authority" to deal with cancellation and he promise I will be called back...a month later cretitcard charged again and I call again, get diverted to India and again to be promised somebody with 'higher authority" will call me back...saga continues..let you know...but I also will contact our Ombudsman...there are so many of us around the world with the same story...so lets unite ...I will also email Michelle..anybody had any success at all refund any money? We would like to hear any stories.. Dont give up! Greetings : Perthiana

• Pr
    prazyhwh May 20, 2011

This "J2 EFAX Plus Service" seem to have fraudulently stolen our credit card as well no IDEA how!? It looks like they set up a recurring payment for $12.95. I called the number they listed on the transaction [protected]) and they also transferred me to an Indian Call Center - they asked for my efax number or email address and I told them I never opened an account and they fraudulently opened an account and stole my credit card, then he asked me for my credit card number and I told him there was no way in hell I was giving him more information. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said I couldn't talk to a supervisor until I gave him my credit card number. I said fine then I will open a police report and he said, let me put you on hold and I said, go ahead put me on hold I bet no one will pick my call back up and he said yea whatever and hung up. PS I'm not happy that Wells Fargo did not flag this on my account or notify me!! I'm thinking of switching banks because this has happened twice this year and neither time did they notify us!

• Yo
    yoyotwin Jul 07, 2011

I am yet another victim of this efax and I have been trying to get my credit card to reverse the charges and stop this monthly fraud, sometimes it is easier to get a $9000.00 charge reverse than a $16 charge but if they do that to a Million people around the planet they are making a good living even after paying 10 indians in a call center.
    What are the authorities doing about this???
    Where is that Lawyer in New York, please Michelle help us
    I guess I should contact you directly on your email

• Da
    Daz Cambo Dec 05, 2011

My name is Daryl,
    My issues are similar to those above.
    I thought I would give the Aus 30 day free trial a go (Aug 2011) and 3 days later I rang thru to cancel, the operator said your account is now canceled.
    After receiving a statement from my bank $9.95 for October I contacted f2 Efax again, and they issued a cancel confirmation number & email 25/10/2011.
    15/11/2011 I received another account $9.95 ...
    I think this a shonky fraudulent company...so don't get trapped.
    At this stage I am waiting on card services papers for procedure's to claim reimbursement.

• Es
    esfrajiva Jan 24, 2012

Dear Sirs,

I was billed €27.06 under reference J2 EFAX PLUS SERVICE [protected] GB from 18/01/12 up to now.

I contacted VISA to stop this; but their response was that i should contact the company to stop that.

could you help me in this case.

many...

• Ta
    tatjana jelinska Feb 08, 2012

what to do to stop theres bills?

• Pa
    paramarun Jun 02, 2013

I initially entered my card details for the trails service couple of years ago and the eFAX have been charging me of/off for the past 24 months. I have called them many times and they confirmed that my account has been closed and i wont b charged but i am having recurring charges in my credit card. I am planning to file a complain to ofcom in uk and yes -- the banks are useless in dealing with our problems. I am planning to send an email to michelle in us as well.

MARECHAL Sep 28, 2013

Hello, i'm a french cisutomer witch is encountering the same problem, of beeing billed of 13, 53€ for several months, and they pretend they don't know me, even my credit card number. That's surprising becaus eeach month they charge me !!! And no way to withdraw this charge...!

• Au
    aus_victim Dec 02, 2013

I am another australian victim here. i recently subscribed and try their trial scheme. turn out that they charged my credit card $30AUS (total of 6 pages for sending to local business number). i decided to get refund but they said the pages have been sent and there is no way to undo. How the hell to try their trial service without sending fax to the other party.
    I disputed with my bank and they will look into it. Lets hope i got my credit back.

• Ri
    ripoffdata Jan 14, 2014

Same issues here 15/1/2014. I used a free trial and cancelled within the trial period but they have continued to charge my card every month even though I try regularly to cancel the account.

Has anyone had any luck yet?

• Ne
    nelgy Feb 18, 2014

I am billed £22.12 every two months and regardless of how I try to cancel the account I seem to get nowhere. I have even changed my debit card which gave me a different number but they still seem to be able to take the amount. If anyone knows how to stop them then I would be glad to know how you did it..

• Gh
    G. Heinrich Apr 17, 2014

I am a suisse customer. and the same thing happened to my parents. they are over 80.years old. they have to pay 13.78€. Thats inform.
    regards
    G.Heinrich

• Cl
    CLAUDIO CARBONI Apr 20, 2014

Ricevo PERIODICA MENTE ADDEBITI PE R € .13, 53 PER OPERAZION MAI EFFETTUATE.
    VOGLIATE ANNULLARE DETTI Importi ANCHE PER GLI ANNI PASSATI.
    RIMANG IN ATTESA DI VOSTRE ISTRUZINI.GRAZIE

carboni31 @ virgilio.it

• Vr
    véronique dubois May 12, 2014

Véronique Dubois Country France,
    The same thing !!!
    I have seen my bank and police this morning
    do you know where live J2EFAX PLUS SERVICES?

Tommy Petersson Oct 09, 2014

Same for me, and Hewlett Packard are bundling this with some of their multi-function printers...

Tommy Petersson Oct 09, 2014

Block/cancel your credit card and order a new.

• Se
    second Nov 07, 2014

I contacted them on 8/1/14 to cancel my subscription and 3 months later they are still billing me.I called today and I was told that I had annual subscription and when I called I down graded to monthly. Which I disagreed and told to the representative I canceled the subscription. I have records showing that I've been getting billed monthly since Oct 2013 the same amount no difference in price. They won't stop charging my card.

Tommy Petersson Nov 07, 2014

You must do as I did - cancel the card and get a new one.

j2 Global Ireland Ltd
    Woodford Business Park, Unit-3
    Santry, Dublin 17
    Ireland

wazzer Dec 28, 2014

All address. I'm paying the woodford branch a visit, they will know i have been there trust me bloody thieves !!

j2 Global

Stag Building
    148-150 Queen's Road
    Central, Hong Kong

Chiara001 Apr 13, 2015

I have experienced the same issue - when I first signed up with J2 eFax they didn't deliver any services... the fax number they issued me with was incorrect, and I was unable to send or receive faxes successfully. They were unable to rectify this problem, so I cancelled my account. That was almost two years ago - They have billed for $18 per month every month since. I have complained to them many times and they apologise, tell me it will never happen again, then continue to bill me. Each month I submit a disputed transaction request to my bank, and my bank gets J2 eFax to refund the money. The expiry date on my debit card will change next month, and I'm hoping this will solve the problem. The company needs to be held to account for the fraud they are routinely committing!

• Mi
    Mik Alvarez Dec 11, 2015

I have experienced the same issue.
    I have canceled my account and efax continue to bill me:
    Concepto
    J2 EFAX PLUS SERVICE
    Fecha y Hora
    04-12-2015 a las 19:12:43
    Importe
    13, 31 € Desglosar operación

• He
    Heather Ha Jun 09, 2016

The same thing happens me. It´s an ongoing fault.

• Se
    Sebastian12 Jul 29, 2016

Dear Sirs,

My credit card was charged with €11 under reference Nr. 1305 74313303132000522141866 GB from 12/05/13 up to now, while I have necer contracted or used your services.
    I would be very grateful if you kindly stop these charges and proceed to reimburse the amount erroneously charged.
    Please respond me to [email protected]
    Many thanks in advance
    Best regards.
    Sebastian Hamel

Marco Cesca Aug 08, 2017

Questa società è sicuramente una società fraudolenta. Pure io ho iniziato giusto per fare una prova. Da allora non ho mai utilizzato il servizio mai inviato un fax. niente di niente. Da marzo ad ora continuano ad arrivare addebiti su carta di credito. ho provato a contattare qualcuno di questa società, ma invano. Vorrei uscire da questo incubo. Rimango mezz'ore intere al telefono senza che nessuno si degni di rispondere. se continua così sarò costretto ad rivolgermi alle autorità competenti. siete dei ladri e truffatori e fate schifo ai porci

• 24
    24601 Mar 20, 2018

I am currently using the eFax service and they are constantly overcharging me - charging me $14.25 per month (the agreed upon rate), and further charging me $11 every month. They have said this is due to going over my quota, but I have had this checked time and time again, and they are wrong. I will be contacting an ombudsman about this - Is anyone else in the same boat?