Having problems with eFax?

+1 800 878 7151 (Customer Service & Sales)
+1 323 817 3207 (United States)
+44 203 147 4872 (United Kingdom)
+43 179 576 212 (Austria)
+32 22 006 235 (Belgium)
+353 16 564 909 (Ireland & All Other Countries)
+31 207 143 585 (Netherlands)
+41 445 959 409 (Switzerland)
6922 Hollywood Blvd. 5th Floor
Los Angeles, California

Complaints & Reviews

dodgy rates and billing practices

My office sent a fax through eFax to Brunei and we were surprised to find out that we were got billed for USD 54 for an 8 page fax to Brunei. I know that if a fax goes beyond one minute to send, then they start billing you for .10 US cents a minute to Brunei only. So if it took 3, 240 seconds to transmit my fax, it should just come around to 5.40US dollrs. I called them 3 times for this. The first time, the "level 1" customer service person assured me that it would be corrected. But after a week I discovered that our company card was still billed USD 54.

After I called two more times, I was finally sent to "level 2" customer service. There they explained that I had sent a fax to a "dubai mobile- premium" number which is charged at 1 US dollar a minute. I asked them what is their definition of a "premium number" since I know that the office I sent to in Brunei was just a normal fax number -- and they said that "Oh we don't really know, because it depends on the local carriers. They are the ones who tell us if it is a premium number or not and we can't check ourselves..."

If you check their site right now, there is no immediate link to a site that will the rates per country. I had to trick a customer service rep to give me the link which is actually: https://www.efax.com/en/efax/twa/getRatesPopup?hidePricingInfo=yes

sargoodie Sep 22, 2009

Hi, my name is Sarah and I am an analyst at Balestriere Lanza, a trials and investigations law firm in New York. Our firm has been investigating eFax's potential misconduct for several months and would be interested in hearing more from you about your experience. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience at [email protected] or at (212) 374-5400 x 132.

bad service

I canceled my account because they kept raising the rates, and were getting significantly more expensive than...

rip-off

I have been using Efax for my incoming faxes and have been charged $129.95 per year per line for 4 lines. I cancelled the 2 toll free lines after 3 months and am now told that their “company policy” is not to refund the remaining 9 months for which I was paid.
Their company policy is a rip-off and these people are thieves.

• Sk
    S k Nov 13, 2008

EFAX WILL GIVE YOU A "FREE" TRIAL, THEN CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD AFTER YOU CANCEL THE SERVICE- AND KEEP CHARGING...--UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD!!!

THEY ARE THE VILEST OF THIEVES!!!

• Bo
    Bob Jun 12, 2009

RIP OFF!! They will not let you cancel!! look at all the complaints all over the net! These guys are crooks!

charging my credit card monthly without my permission

I signed up for an efax service at eFax.com. The company began charging my credit card monthly without my permission, and refused to stop until I threatened legal action.

I notified the Better Business Bureau and found that eFax.com had 135 BBB complaints logged within the past 36 months. In addition, the BBB publicly states, concerning eFax.com:

"We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices."

My Best

Nikki
Chandler, AZ

• Co
    Corporate Account Jun 29, 2007

"Bain and Switch".

Focused discussion 2 months ago regarding the "new" service charges. We have had our account with eFax for the last 5 -6 years (since inception) and have been witness to the "growth" of this company since inception.

Rates increased by nearly 100% over the last 3 years. Our usage volume has decreased by 40%. But we're paying much, much more.

Fees stated at that time (2 months ago) were regrettably painful but... I decided to give it a year and find another service provider. Such is life for the cost of adjusting.

BILL TIME: Bill was $30 more than previously discussed. No notification regarding a change to our credit card bill. No assistance from "Our Good Friends In India" to resolve billing issues. TIME TO BAIL OUT *** NOW !

Found new service. Great results !

Requested credit to bill for service from eFax (Yes, we're canceling). Please note this process began at the beginning of our customer billing cycle for the next [usage] year. I initiated this action upon receipt of our bill.

eFax did not credit our bill for the [anticipated] bill. They credited service for 1 month and let the entire [unused] balance stand as due for the remaining year .. in spite of OUR CANCELLATION OF THE ACCOUNT.

RUN BOYS!!! What else do you need? If you aren't sure... by all means contact their miserable service department @ "Where-Is-It_Stan".

Have fun... I'm bailing after 6 years. And WAY happy with new provider. eFax is a CURSE.

:-(

• Al
    ALEIDA CORTES Jun 23, 2008

I canceled this account THREE TIMES. I called them again, asked them why I was being billed for service I canceled 3 times. They stated that they gave me another trial period of 2 months and I was supposed to call to cancel. I explained that I was not informed of this and I wanted my $16.95 refunded because I clearly told them I didn't want or need their services the first time and his was the 4th time I was calling to cancel.

• Fa
    Faxmyway Aug 16, 2008

Subscribe your MUMBAI, DELHI eFax number now online or call us.

We are happy to inform you that Faxmyway.com is now offering MUMBAI eFax numbers.

Subscribe your MUMBAI eFax number now online or call us.

Now you can fax by email with Faxmyway. It's fast, reliable, paperless faxing for your important documents. You'll get a fax number that's tied to your email. Then send and receive faxes as email attachments - no paper or fax machine needed.

Now get Delhi and Mumbai, India fax number online in Just Rs.199 (USD 5) per month
    Send faxes all over India in Rs.2.00 /min. For international rates contact [email protected]

Also we have Special packages for outgoing faxes Rs.79 (USD 2) per month (Outgoing charges extra).

http://www.faxmyway.com /

Faxmyway lets you and your business...

• Look professional - choose a local fax number
    • Save time - work faster and smarter with faxes delivered as TIF or PDF files
    • Save money - cut the cost of a machine and extra phone line

» Now Faxmyway at discounted rates

Subscribe Faxmyway number for 12 months and pay for 11 months ONLY.
    Call/Mail us immediately to open new account or to change your existing plan before offer closed

www.faxmyway.com

• Ga
    Garold Mar 18, 2009

Efax.com chronic outages, long phone wait for CS, incompetent Pakistani customer service.

• Ef
    Efax Customer Apr 20, 2009

There is currently a wide spread outage, without information on their web site, without website functionality (cannot get current network status information because of web app errors with their pages), am unable to get anyone on the phone; Online web send functionality has been non-functional for "hours" during a business day, during business hours. And the hold times are seemingly indefinite without proper hold queue routing or hold music ... it's as if their phone system is broken also.

This service is crap quite frequently... but functional when it works.

Customer Service, outage resolutions, problem escalations, all technical recourse during outages are practically non-existent.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices