Int*intelius Sbunauthorized charges

These people offer a one time reverse phone look up for a small fee $2 to $5 then when you give them your payment information they offer you a monthly subscription to the service for a monthly fee. Even though you say NO to the monthly subscription, once you give them your payment information they just enroll you anyway and the charges just start appearing on your statement.

• Cr
    craigk292 Jun 12, 2012

I signed up to do a background check on one person. Now they are charging me a monthly fee and I have no means to log in and turn it off. I tried to log in with the account information I used when i signed up for the one time check but that does not work. HELP!!!

• Pr
    princessleya Apr 15, 2012

I have been charged too, please how can I have my money back?

• Ni
    Nie Holam Nov 01, 2011

In January of 2011, I signed up with Intelius to look up a phone number for me for the fee of $0.99. I understood that with it, I would have to sign up for a free trial membership with the company but could cancel prior to free trial ending. I found the service to not be helpful but figured that for $0.99, there's not much I could really expect. Shortly after, I canceled the membership that I was OBLIGATED to sign up for. I just realized today that I had still been charged $19.95 ever since then. I should have reviewed all the charges on my statement sooner but I've never experienced this type of unethical practice before. When I contacted Itelius about these unauthorized charges, they stated that I didn't completely cancel my account as I was misled to believe. Intelius purposely manipulates customers by signing them up for TWO memberships. So while I assumed I canceled my account with them, they happily charged me for something I did not want or ask for. I am outraged that they are able to continue to cheat people out of their hard earned money. I spoke with Manual and then his supervisor Kim (#8738) and while they repeated their scripted apology, stated that they could only give me a refund for three months. They know that they are wrong but are only willing to resolve 30% of their crimes.

• Ni
    Nie Holam Nov 01, 2011

• Ho
    hogboss1952 Oct 05, 2011

I have also been charged 19.95 twice within a week of each other!! I did go to another site to look up some infor mation for free, supposedly, and somehow Intelius got involoved!! Their information, Intelius, wasn't even usefull!! What type of scam is this and why hasn't there been any legal action taken??? hogboss55

• Gr
    grady e. potts May 09, 2011

i truly agree same thing here g.potts

• In
    inteliusisscum Mar 01, 2011

Naveen Jain is the founder of Intelius. His company rips people off through various techniques (internet pop up ads etc.). Once they have your info, the only way to stop their repeated bogus charges is to call your card issuer and submit a Declaration of Unauthorized Use. You must specify the exact charges that were fraudulent by attaching copies of your statements, then your bank gets to decide if they want to credit your account or not. Even though Intelius is clearly a company that depends largely on fraudulent charges for undesired services, it turns out that many companies, including Apple (iTunes) and Microsoft and many other "legitimate" companies generate lots of fraud complaints to credit card issuers. As such, MasterCard and Visa et al seem unlikely at this point to reject Intelius charge requests. One may always write to Naveen Jain and tell him what you think of his garbage company and their unethical business practices: [email protected] Or you could send him a letter to his home at 8206 Overlake Drive W, Bellevue, WA.

• Sz
    Szarnowiec Jan 05, 2011

I was monitoring my bank statement and noticed I was charged $19.95 twice, once on the 3rd of January 2011, and again on 5 January 2011 for the INT*INTELIUS SB, the People Search program. I have not done any searches there since I first joined. I have cancelled my membership, however I don't understand the extra $19.95 charge.

• Do
    Donna Chambers-Rau Jan 03, 2011

I noticed-- in Monitoring my Chase Mastercard--that there were unauthorized charges of $19.95 debited to my account on 12/30/2010. I have no idea what this would be for, and did not AUTHORIZE ANY transaction
    to anyone for this amount. I called the phone # for this account, and learned that this 'SB Family Fun Rewards '--is some program handled/offered by JCPenney CO. --I HAVE NOT PURCHASED, NOR DONE BUSINESS IN ANY WAY WITH JCPENNEY FOR OVER 6 YEARS !!
    The only thing it says on my Chase Mastercard bill is a charge of $19.95 from: Int*Intelius SB
    with a transaction # 55432860364000258076545 ---no other explanation is given.
    I WANT MY NAME REMOVED IMMEDIATELY FROM THIS UNSOLICITED 'PROGRAM' ( WHATEVER it is ) AND I WANT THIS CHARGE REFUNDED TO MY CHASE MASTERCARD IMMEDIATELY.