Inteliusunauthorized credit card charges

J

I had two charges on my bank account for $19.95 from them. I had done an address search for .99 and 1.95 that I was charged for that were legitimate. When I called questioning them, they said when I did these searches it automatically signed me up for credit card protection. In no way was I informed of this and would never have signed up for it. They refused to refund my $39.90. Also when I told them of the two charges (one for Intelus and one for Intelus Search) she said Intelus Search was not them and I should contact my financial institution. Then at the end of the conversation, she quoted me as to what was charged to Intelus Search.

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response · Jan 04, 2011

It sounds like you have accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call [protected] Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Intelius's response · Oct 19, 2011

If you still need assistance with your account please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of option to contact Customer Support.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

• He
    hellmut Dec 29, 2010

I requested reverse phone lookup and was charged for the lookup and in addition for an ongoing membership for $19.95 per month. Only after the threat to file a complaint with the CA attornry gerneral's office were they willing to reverse the charge. Hide your credit cards if you see the name INTELIUS!

• Na
    Navarro Oct 11, 2011

Intelius is tricking consumers with a .99 cent special promotion in order to get the consumers credit card information. Intelius charges the consumers credit card with a $19.95 and or $49.95 transaction amount that the consumers did not authorize or request. Consumer Warning: Intelius is a fraud and scam. Do not give your credit card information to intelius. Intelius has charged my MasterCard account with a $19.95 unauthorized transaction that i did not approve or knowly agree too.

• Ni
    Nicole. Oct 17, 2011

I have used Intelius before and know what you are talking about. If you are not paying very close attention, it would be very easy to accidently sign up for other services with them.

When I used them, there was an option for a .99 search fee. That was only if you signed up for their credit protection service or whatever, maybe it was an identity theft plan. If you chose not to opt into that, the one time search fee was higher. If you rush through it, it would be really easy to opt into their monthly fee plan.

• On
    ONESICKPUPPY Jun 03, 2016

JUST SAY DISPUTE THEY HAVE TO REFUND ALL CHARGES, ONCE A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP GETS ON THE PHONE AND YOU PROVIDE ALL YOUR INFO TO THEM FIRST AND LAST NAME AND THE BILLING ADDRESS AND THEY SAY THANK YOU HOW CAN I HELP YOU TODAY? SAY I AM DISPUTING ALL OF THE MEMBERSHIP CHARGES!!! THEY HAVE TO REFUND EVERYTHING I USED TO WORK THERE TRUST ME I KNOW, AND THEY HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY DISPUTE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET ALL OF YOUR MONEY BACK TRY IT!!!

• Du
    Dungeness.WA Jun 03, 2016

Intelius debited my account for a recurring $21.69 charge which
    I didn't recall authorizing. Their explanation was that the charge
    was buried under a promotional price I received. When I complained,
    their rep agreed to knock off one off all but one month of the charges
    so I asked to speak to a supervisor who then knocked off the remaining
    one month's charge. I further insisted that they delete my "account"
    and remove my credit card info.