Inteliuscancellation of free trial

D

I have been trying to cancel with intelius since last friday 4/22/11 and have been unable to do so. They are telling me in order to cancel I need to pay a fee of $49.95 which is absurd! You should not have to pay to have a trial period cancelled. they are refusing to to put my funds back on my debit card. I want them to return my money back on my greendot mastercard immediately without me having to pay a uncalled for cancellation fee. I will be calling the better business bureau on this company if my funds are not returned to me by thursday 4/28/11. I need someone to help me retrieve my funds asap. Thank you for any help anyone can give me.

RESOLVED

• Intelius's response · Apr 25, 2011

Intelius does not charge a cancelation fee.

It sounds like you have accepted the People Search offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in the People Search membership, please call [protected] Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Noosheen Jun 25, 2012

I have not seen anything recent about Intelius..i.e...2012. But It is not likely that such a scam artist would change their spots. I signed up for a 95 cent 7 day trial, and then thought better of it. It was only when I tried to cancel that I ran across all of the horrific accounts of people being railroaded and robbed! If they do not cancel my account, I will devote the rest of my life harassing them to do so any way I can...Look out Public Media!
    Signed, June 23, 2012

• Do
    Donna Malanaphy May 13, 2011

Intelius has told me that even though I had a 7 day trial period I am not entitled to any monies back. I feel that this company is very deceiving to anyone that tries their trial period and I would not recommend anyone to subscribe to their services. I feel very strongley to this.

• Be
    Ben. T May 13, 2011

i am curious.
    was this any help to you.
    because i am having a similar problem and can not find any way of canceling my account and to have them stop billing me