The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Indane Gas — underweight lpg cylinders, unfair trade practices
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I, Rajneesh Madhok, Distt. President, Bahujan Samaj Party (Khatri Wing) got the following complaint from the locality.
We, Joginder Pal Madhok having Consumer No. 3502 and Surinder Mohan Madhok Consumer No. 14369 residents of Nehru Nagar, Street No. 2, Railway Road, Phagwara solemnly affirm and declare:
1. As you are involved in selling under weight LPG cylinders in the city. Even then we tolerated this high handedness.
2. Why not the matter be brought in the notice of Food & Civil Supply Department.
3. As we are sure the Phagwara Gas Agency is transferring the Gas in empty cylinders. So, the case under Section 7 of Essential Commodity Act & Sec. 420 of the Indian Penal Code be registered against you.
4. Why we are being harassed for getting supply to get against substitutes of empty cylinders.
5. Why the telephone numbers of Phagwara Gas Agency No. 260539 & 260739 are either not working or the office staff are not receiving the calls made by the customers for booking of Gas cylinder.
6. When we booked Gas Cylinders with your deliveryman about 15 days back. Why he is not making the supply to us whereas the supply should be made within 3 working days.
7. To ensure delivery, the delivery boy of your company contacted to a particular person for getting delivery for the cylinder but on our repeated requests he did not give ear to our pleadings. Why because he is getting Extra Heavy Charges from that particular person.
8. Due to deficiency in service & unfair trade practices why not the department take action against you.
9. The seniority in booking of refills was not considered leading to supply of cylinders to consumers.
10. It is requested to you to direct your delivery boys not to search Extra Charges from consumers & ensure delivery without delay.
11. As collection of extra charges by the delivery boys in the absence of permission from the Indian Oil Corportaion or from any revenue authority amounted to an unfair trade practice. Though the supply of refills to the consumers are erratic.