Menu
Imperial Tobacco Australia
reviews & complaints

Imperial Tobacco Australia
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

520 complaints
449 resolved 71 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Imperial Tobacco Australia customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Imperial Tobacco Australia. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
W
6:40 am
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Bugs come out of the latest pouch of Drum that has lots of sticks and burs

We used to buy sky blue Drum but you discontinued it and changed the packet. The Drum that we get now had little bugs coming out of the packet once we opened the latest packet. We have been amassing sticks and burs that do not burn but it's getting worse with every packet that we buy. At $124 a pouch we would like roll a few more cigarettes from the packet than what we do now

Desired outcome: Please reply to [email protected]

H
4:45 am

Imperial Tobacco Australia - White ox tobacco

Hi I've been smoking white ox for about 20 years and I buy a 50gram a week and here in Australia it's not cheap... Price is about $115 for 50gram but the last 50 grams that I brought it had a lot of bark in it now I normally expect a little bark here and there but this time I got about 15 grams of bark and I don't think that's excitable since paying$115 for it.
I love smoking white ox and I will still continue to smoke white ox, but I would really appreciate it if your guy can resolve this matter please
Thank
Name / Anh Huy Nguyen
PS / email is [email protected]

Desired outcome: What ever you feel that you can do to resolve this problem

Imperial Tobacco Australia - 25g riverstone premium rum blend

Hi, unfortunately my complaint is identical to most complaints on here, being the"rat poo" found in nearly every packet of Riverstone premium rum blend I purchase at almost $50 a pack and I buy at least 3 packs a week. Not happy. Considering the price these days and unwanted poo. It's bad enough getting chunks of bark mixed through. Yes I'm smoking the cheaper brand but I do enjoy riverstone compared to other cheap tobacco. But will have to look at another blend if this isn't resolved.

I have tried to upload more photos but am unable. I can forward them on to you once contacted.

Regards Nadine

Desired outcome: Return of money for packet and complimentary pouch would be appreciated

Update by Nadineshot
Jan 23, 2022 3:52 am

Hopefully this can be resolved.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - 25gram jps endless blue pouch tobacco

Pouch was bought on the 21st of January 2022, from a local store in Wollongong. The tobacco is extremely dry. Also has a lot of white chunks off tobacco. This isn't the first time this has happened. I talked to my local store and they said I had to contact the complaints department on the website. So here is my complaint. I hope this complaint get through and resolved. Kind regards,
Heath Ramsden.

Desired outcome: A replacement pouch

Update by Heath Ramsden
Jan 23, 2022 12:50 am

Usually a satisfied customer.

C
1:57 am

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Parker & simpson 40’s

He there!
I have purchased a packet of Parker & Simpson 40's, 7 cigarettes out of the packet were not attached to the filter.
I have taken a photo as proof. Normally not a complainer but they are not cheap to be wasted.
I have been purchasing this product for the last 2 years. I would like some form of communication and compensation
Regards
Courtney hughes

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Jps red 30's cigarette pack contaminated

First time in 30 years that I have ever opened a pack of cigarettes to find 'bugs' and bug feces, am a long time customer of jps brand, and have never came across this before... Pack was sealed and seemed untampered.
Purchased from otr servo risdon park port pirie south aust..
I understand that tobacco industries are allowed a percentage of insects/foreign contamination, however, these should not be present as insect/bugs after packaging, let alone the remains of bugs and feces within the cigarette packet,. Unfortunately I had not a choice but to consume some of the cigarettes, however I now hav purchase a new packet, and quickly realised a taste quality difference and fresher feel, something whent terribly wrong with said packet/batch.
Would very much appreciate a phone call from rep.
Before consumer goods are notified..

Please resolve this, regards brenton - 0457330541

Desired outcome: Replacement

Update by Bjhoffy
Jan 10, 2022 9:07 pm

Purchase jps red 40's every 2nd day for most my smoking life, 30yrs...

J
10:44 am

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Champion ruby 15g ryo

I have been smoking champion ruby rollies for years it's the smoothest tobacco around, it has great flavour and has always been hands down the pick of all the brands.
Until today! I am horrified at the pouch of tobacco I purchased today! It was dry. It was disgusting, harsh and me and my partner have soreness and irritation of the throat, to the point of coughing up a mucous type flem. It is not the tobacco I have been smoking for over a decade. It is rubbish. I am very upset and angry it's not good enough?

Desired outcome: Reimbursement? An apology? Some of the tobacco I thought I was buying?

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Parker and simpson blue

I got 2/3 of the way through my tobacco and found a large rat faeces. I had put it all on my paper and saw it, i nearly vomited. I had a cigarette yesterday that was difficult to smoke, about 2/3 of the way it went out, wouldn't light, i thought it was a chunk of bark that you get sometimes so threw it away. Now i wish id investigated further. Its disgusting, its not resin or bark its a black rat turd. Covered in tobacco.
Im disgusted.

Desired outcome: Complete refund $49.50 IGA Russell island QLD and apology

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Champion ruby

I got a huge black ball in my tobacco I'm not happy about with the price that I pay for this product it should be immaculate . This is happening more often lately and I have let it go. Is there any way you could stop this happening or do i have to change brands? I have been using champion ruby for over twenty years back when the pouch was yellow because I always thought it was the highest quality tobacco

V
4:58 pm

Imperial Tobacco Australia - White ox is not white ox

Both my husband and I have smoked white Ox for decades. The last three packets we bought are not White Ox. The smell is different, the taste is disgusting and there is a very strong chemical taste that makes me nearly vomit. When we open a packet you know the distinct smell of a fresh pouch of white Ox. This does not smell nor taste at all like the real thing. We have noticed the change in packaging and for the last week the taste and smell is completely wrong. We contacted others who smoke white Ox and they agree it is not White Ox. The cost of this is out of control as we have bought additional packets from different shops to try and find the original. All three packs have the same batch number as pictured. Please resolve this issue immediately. My name is Vikki Galipo and my phone number is 0428159334

Desired outcome: Change the taste back and compensate us

Imperial Tobacco Australia - JPs blue 50 g pouch

Found a heap of barky long bits in packet and tobacco was very dry from opening tasted like crap not happy at all as was really expensive I have been a jps customer since I was 18 have had many packets like this and said nothing now I'm sick of it seriously considering changing brands for a better quality cigarette without the crappy long bits and the over dried taste

Desired outcome: New pack or refund

Update by Matthew starkey
Dec 29, 2021 9:27 am

Not happy at all very sick of poor quality

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Benson and hedges carton

I bought a carton of Benson and hedges classic cigarettes from Woolworths Meadowbrook. Each cigarette in the WHOLE carton only smoked down to three quarters of the way down ..
Then wouldn't re light after they went out.
My mum has smoked your brand of cigarettes before and I too have spent years smoking them ... I've not once in 12 years ever had a problem with your product and always promote it .

Desired outcome: Replacement carton

B
9:37 pm

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Jps 93 mm long blue packet

Opened packet pulled out a cigarette and noticed the filter paper was Damaged and product was unusable I have been using ur product for a few months now and this isn't the first time I have received damaged items I would like this item replaced or refunded thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from u kind regards Ben Oliver merry christmas

Desired outcome: Would like product teplaced

R
7:30 am

Imperial Tobacco Australia - white ox

hi there i been smoking white ox for years now and iv been buying a 25 g every two days for the last year i bought one today with my daughter and we went to halve it so i got the scales out and weighed it it went 17.53 without packet and 20.80 with the packet just wondering what to do the barcode number to the packet is 9327329010758 LEWL1eD7Y3CAh1E271J11456

Desired outcome: id like you guys too be aware of your weights

C
2:23 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Parker and simpson cigarettes purchased from a metro service station

Hi there I have bought numerous packs of cigarettes from my local garage and but in the last 3 months the smokes I ha e been purchasing have been stale and are just absolutely disgusting I have informed the people that work there many times and won't do anything about it I ask before I purchase arr these a new batch as the last packets have putrid and un...

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Riverstone Tobacco 25g

Hello,
My name is Emma Olsen and I have been buying Riverstone Tobacco for 5 years after switching from Port Royal Tobacco. I usually find your product high quality, but the last 3 pouches I have bought have all contained large sticky, black tar like blobs (sorry but that is the only way I can describe them). They are 100% not smokable and all 3 pouches have at least 4-6 of these blobs, ranging from large to small in size. I was so unsure of these blobs that the first packet I found one in I actually disposed of it as I was a scaredy cat. Maybe they are tar balls, I am not sure but it has made me unsure and I feel that I am being ripped off especially with the weight :( I would like to enjoy Riverstone again and wanted to let you know as two other friends that also smoke Riverstone have said the same thing about the blobs.
Thank you for taking the time to read and hope you have a good day.
Kind Regards
Brisbane Australia 4152 QLD

A
3:09 am

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Riverstone rum tobacco

In my 25 gram Riverstone rum tobacco pouch I found a 5.5 cm piece of cotton rope, also numerous small lumps of solid black tar woth also has been in many packets of same product ive brought. How is this possible? Supermarket said they can't refund and to take this up with manufacturer. What a waste of money 😡 Seems I've just bern given run around with no source of getting a explanation or my money back. Please advise.

Desired outcome: What outcome can their be ?

T
4:46 pm

Imperial Tobacco Australia - White Ox packaging

The new White Ox's 50 gram pouch is absolutely crap. It is too small for the amount of tobacco you're trying to put in the pouch. The sticky tab only works for the first half of the day after opening a new pouch. The extra long flap that is suppose to keep the pouch closed is too long and is only good when the sticky tab also works. The zip seal stops locking itself properly after half a week and makes the opening smaller which isn't good for people with big hands like myself. Especially when getting low in the pouch, I have to tip the contents onto a tray so I can access the product easily to roll a smoke which can't be done while in public.

Desired outcome: Return to the original packaging

P
10:20 pm

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Eternal red 25g pouch

I am writing to you about your tabcoo for starters i have had lots of sticks in my tabcoo the last few packets I have brought. Also I noticed that your brand of tabcoo burns very fast. You seem to only get a few puffs and the smoke is gone. Also the sticky on the pouch didn't stick on two of my packets and I lost almost all my tobacco. So I haven't been very impressed with this product lately at all. Regards Pleshette Jolly.

Imperial Tobacco Australia - Champion legendary Ruby 25g

We bought the champion legendary Ruby as we use to like smoking it but it was nothing like it us to be. Not satisfied with the change in it so we have gone to buying cheaper n nicer tasting tobacco. Not happy😒back in the day it had flavour/taste n enjoyable to smoke. Why do things have to change as the saying goes if it's not broken don't try to fix it. Obviously cutting cost n forgot about customers what they like. Well done this customer won't be buying it again.

Imperial Tobacco Australia contacts