Having problems with IHOP?

IHOP reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 20, 2006. The latest review Cook's gross behavior/waitress insults was posted on Jul 21, 2021. The latest complaint manager karen ellyson unethical behavior was resolved on Dec 02, 2019. IHOP has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 803 reviews. IHOP has resolved 57 complaints.

IHOP Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with IHOP Customer Service. Initial IHOP complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for IHOP above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about IHOP. Discuss the issues you have had with IHOP and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

IHOP Complaints & Reviews, Page 33

IHOP — the overall experience

The waitress did not come and check on us. 5 people came and sat down 10 minutes after us and they got their...

IHOPfood quality/customer service

Traveling through Palmdale, CA, I was able to meet my fanily for breakfast. From start to finish the experience was awful. The host who seated us said we can sit in one booth but it was a little broken so we asked to be moved to another one. Then we ordered out food it all came out wrong. The entire table, 4 adults and 2 kids, were served at different times. It took about 10 minutes for everybody to finally get their plates. My daughter wouldnt eat the pancake because it didnt taste good. When i tasted it, it had a weird taste that definitely wasnt like a pancake. Then i look over at my husband and hes making a face and said his hashbrowns werw gross. So when i tasted them, they tasted old. My moms boyfriends food came out and was missing ingredients and he had to ask for what was supposed to come on his meal and they brought it on the side. My BLT sandwich finally came out about 8 minutes after everybody elses food and was missing the side. The syrup was not normal. It almost tasted watered down. It was all brought to the waitresses attention and all she did was brought two complimentary orange juices that nobody wanted. We finally spoke with the manager and there was no offer of a fix but asked if we would like for her to just give us a 20 percent discount. Overall, awful experience.

IHOPmanagement

This evening(5-27-17, 7:30pm) my family of six and I dinned at the garland location at 5175 N president George Bush Hwy, Garland Tx 75040 after my sisters graduation. Some members of my family are not English speakers so it was a little difficult for the waitress who did her best and was very accommodating. My mother was trying her hardest to relay to the waitress what she wanted and unfortunately didnt get what she expected. In no way shape or form am I complaining about the food or service. The manager came over and did a table touch after the food was sent back and was extremely aggressive and spoke at my father rather then spoke with. I could tell he felt a little uncomfortable in how aggressive she was. Rather than being helpful she was accusatory and made the whole experience turn sour. I felt after she looked down and saw the shock and growing anger on my face she realized how she addressed my family and rather then apologizing, she bolted to the back of house and didn't see her again. I left embarrassed not only for my sister who wanted to take her family somewhere she liked but also for the establishment for putting such a person in a leadership position. Apparently in the North Garland "International" House of Pancakes refers to food selection and not the expected clientele.

IHOP — managers

I worked in the Salem New Hampshire ihop located in the plaza with pep boys. I would like to complain about...

North Salem

IHOPmanagement

I am working for y'all in San Antonio TX the store on 410& bandera I would hope I grab your attention due to the fact I'm not getting any where with my manager or corporate since they want to be covering for her, the manager rebbeca insults her workers yells curses them out, she plays with my money and hours. There is way to much favoritism other Co workers don't get written up for not calling in, doing side work she's ok with people smoking pot because they have a group who does so outside in back, there's even been sexual activity within the coworkers that they do at this location in your restraunt I have never worked for a messed up company the list goes on and gets worse I've seen it first hand have videos and pictures to prove everything.. I hope you look I to the management there because it is not fair to the hard working people who work there be treated like this it's not our fault she can't manage her labor she has to take it out of our time cards to to save her behind...

IHOPthe entire company

This ihop in mckinney tx should overall be shut down. All the employees are using drugs. Including the manger, mary brown.
        They sell to each other in the store or outside on the side of the building. They will stand on the side of the building smoking weed or use cocaine in the restroom. Mary also sells her prescription hydrocodone to employees so she can make extra money.
        Employees are always high which leads to terrible service all around.
        This place needs to be shut down!!!

IHOPcomputer issues

Took my daughter to get some breakfast
          this morning. The hostess was talking in
          a rude tone...We'll she said, if you don't have cash, we can't help you! I feel that was uncalled for, and that you should have had a
          sign on door stating there were issues with
          computer! I don't know if I will go back to
          eat there ever again. I also feel, if you are
          going to be in a position of serving in public
          then you should speak respectfully!

I-Hop790 n i-35 lancaster tx

I have a lot of patience but sometimes that patience is really tried. This is a review of a restaurant.

Today, at lunch, we went to I-Hop on I-35 just south of Pleasant Run. We got there at 10:25, and was seated after waiting for 4 minutes for the hostess to decide to clean the table. Ok, no real problem. She gave us the menus and then left. After 7 minutes, a waiter came and took our order, telling us that he was having to help in the kitchen as well, so it might be a while. I ordered crepes and my husbands order was waffles and scrambled eggs with 2 pieces of bacon. We finally got a glass of water given to us. After quite a while, I asked them if it was going to be very long, as it had been 25 minutes since we were seated. "no, not too much longer". 10 Minutes later, no food, no more explanation, we decided that was entirely too long, as he had to get to work. I told them to cancel the order and that it should not have taken that long to fix what we had ordered. We left a little after 11:00, went home and fixed him a sandwich. Also, the wall across from us had milk and something else spilt on it and had not been cleaned. Needless to say, we won't be back.

IHOPbad service

Hello my name is John, I came into your IHOP restaurant on N. Washington Blvd., Sarasota . As we walked in the restaurant because this was very blasé didn't make eye contact with us whatsoever but while that was happening the kitchen manager was staring at my wife and called a fellow employee over to look at her, then as the hostess started taking us to our table the employee that the manager engaged with proceeded to come out from the kitchen stop us from walking and stood next to my wife and made her feel very uncomfortable made me feel threatened because he was carrying a dirty gas can and then everyone was staring at us because I said excuses were here to eat not take pictures or whatever you're doing .then as we sat at the table we noticed as we were walking out filthy dirty the place was and how unpleasant your employees were at this location.I have dined at IHOP since I was a young child and since this incident now I am 43 years old and I will never eat or step foot in and I have ever again

IHOPihop overall service

Took 15 mins after seated to have my drink order taken, after a long wait and multiple excuses of being busy I got most my food room temp and soggy, I got the rest of my daughters food by the time we were done eating. These was the worst IHOP I ever been to and one the worst reasraunt experiences I've had. That intire place needs to be restaffed. It's clear no one was trained properly and as a cook myself hearing they keep getting orders in as an excuse for the wait then getting cold soggy food is proof no one has a clue how to do their job properly, constantly getting orders and serving hot food is a cooks job. I can't stress enough that they need to be restaffed from the ground up

IHOPabsolute terrible service and food poisoning

Last sunday, the 7th, I waited for my food for almost an hour. It was a chicken fajita omelette. It was cold but I was with other people so I didn't complain. The chicken was dry and disgusting. I was sick for almost a week after.
                  Today, may 13th, even though I told myself I wouldn't eat at ihop again, a friend told me to meet her there. I tried to get plain french toast because I didn't think I could stomach anymore and a plain iced coffee. I made sure to say nothing in the coffee and nothing on the french toast. The waitress didn't acknowledge it at all. The host was in pajamas and the waitress was wearing a neon pink jacket. She refilled my water once and put down the check way before I finished eating, charging me even though she acknowledged that she messed up my coffee and that I obviously didn't like it. I can't drink dairy and it was loaded with milk. She gave us our checks when we'd barely started eating. Then we went up to pay and had to wait for everyone to finish their smoke break. I wasn't even gonna tip her but 50 cent but she was staring pointedly so I just left her a couple bucks. Doesn't end there though.in the absolutely vacant parking lot next to waffle house, there was a big puddle, and I made sure to slow down in the actual waffle house parking lot. My friend and I were gonna ride around and go through it one more time (Safely!) just to live a little. And then the host, in her pajamas, on probably her fifth smoke break in just the time i'd been there, felt the need to scream at us and tell us that she didn't know what was going on but we were going to hit somebody.in the vacant parking lot. At two in the morning.
                  Anyways, those two don't need to be working in customer service. And i'd like my money back. It was an iced coffee that I didn't drink and french toast tonight. Last sunday it was the chicken fajita omelette and a coffee. Throwing in a few dollars for grievances for the food poisoning would be nice too.

IHOPfood and service

We waited almost 30 minutes for our food. I had my 3 young grandchildren with me and they were hungry and getting irritable. We had to ask for silverware. This wasn't our first time there but this time the service was horrible I would not recommend this place to any one. Maybe I should of just left in the beginning instead of waiting for cold food and horrible service.

IHOPcustomer service

My family and I went to have dinner after graduation. It was not busy and it wasn't many of us, but our service was horrible. Our waitress was rude and disrespectful. It took well over a hour before we even received half the drinks I say half because only a handful got drinks and the other had to wait longer. Most meals were not correct and I personally never received mine. Once I stated I didn't want it anymore because at this point it had been two hours I was the only one who hadn't eaten and everyone was trying to leave. They still tried to force me to take it and was mad I didnt want it. This experience ruined my night I and my family will never visit that location ever again.

IHOPservice and location

5/10/17 we are currently sitting at the IHOP in Pearl city, Hawaii. First we walked in and waited to be seated while the ONLY server in the entire place talked to a customer about anime cartoons for a good 10 minutes. He was not worried about us one bit. There was NO hostess to be seen anywhere. He finally sat us and another couple all at the same time.. I sat down in a dirty bench that made my shorts wet. The menu was stuck together with food. There was an unwashed coffee carrier on our table that had leftover coffee in it. We have now been here 20-25 minutes without any drinks and haven't been asked once about our order. This is the grossest & most ridiculous experience at ANY food location I have been to. We specifically drove here to eat at IHOP instead of dennys which is closer to home. We get this for a dinner. Not acceptable.

IHOPservice, food, conduct of employees

On Monday night, May 8, 2017, my husband and I went to our local IHOP for a late dinner. It was about 10:00 p.m. As we arrived I took notice of the signing hanging on the computer monitor/cash register that said, "Now hiring cooks and waitresses". We were sat in a booth right by the kitchen and computer monitor where THE waitress (I only saw one) enters the orders, with full view and ear shot of everything. I faced the kitchen. Two young guys, I guess to be table bussers, had their cell phones plugged in behind the waitress's computer monitor, just outside the kitchen. These guys checked their cell phones every 3-5 minutes unless they rang with loud vivid rapper ring tones shouting out the f word and the n word, at which time they would run and answer them. Who I presumed to be the manager was in the kitchen helping out and at one point did say to one of the young men that he was not to be on the phone during work, but it pretty much continued. The one cook had on a fishing hat, the twill kind with a small brim all around it that fit big enough to almost cover his eyes. I kept watching him struggle to look up under it to read the order tickets. The waitress although pretty rough around the edges, was nice and working very hard to keep up. The food took longer than it ever has to be delivered and then was barely warm. I asked if they still had boysenberry syrup as none of the containers on the table were labeled as such and they usually have it. The waitress said that they did have boysenberry syrup. After asking a second time for the boysenberry syrup, it was delivered to me in a child's cup with no lid. The entire experience was almost nauseating to me. My husband was in agreement.
                          I am sharing this information because we have frequented this, our local IHOP many times in the past and had good experiences. I was at a meeting last night and asked local members if any had noticed change. I was met with a resounding YES. My concern is that this, your business location is going downhill quickly. I am not writing to get anyone in trouble, but in hopes that the corporate offices will care enough to see that things improve.
                          I did take a photo of the boysenberry syrup in the kid's cup but do not know how to attach it here.

IHOPihop nacogdoches tx

I found a hair in my food then proceeded to notify my waitress. She insisted the hair was mine, and never had a manager come visit with us. After, we could hear her and other co workers talking about us. Oh never got my hash browns either. Waitress #20643 natalie. I am also a waitress so i'm usually lenient, but this was an absolutly ridiculous experience. I will not be back and will be sure to make everyone else aware of the horrendous waiting staff and customer service.

IHOPserver and overall service

Arrived waited over an hour for food... no lemon was first problem, had to ask for more water, finally food arrived had to ask twice for silverware, no ketschup, order came out wrong, lady said if will take about 45 min for food, we kept wrong order, ham tasted spoiled, server said ok, bathroom was disgusting, got up to pay was informed gift card machine down, and Visa credit card only... had brought out of town friends for breakfast, so embarrassed of service and food!!! They said won't go back to that location 🙁

IHOPfood and service

When we first sat down, our waiter didn't come to take our order for several minutes, the whole time he never made eye contact, spoke very low, and came to our table very infrequently. I had to flag him down to get ketchup, hot sauce, an extra plate, another cup of water, and extra napkins (which we never recieved). He also would just come stand at our table (not saying anything) and wait for us to ask him what he needed. Our coffee tasted nasty and although our food came quickly, the blueberry pancakes were undercooked, all three of us had burnt bacon and hash browns, and rubbery eggs. Overall, our waiter was inattentive and quiet and our food was disappointing

IHOPthe service is horrible!

The service was so horrible. When I walked in to order some food for my mother that is being hospitalized at UT Southwestern. All the servers where just standing around, I wasn't greeted properly. It took her 20min to finally take my order and she didn't give me my change that was due! This is located off of 1626 W. Mockingbird Ln. Dallas, TX 75235

IHOPservice in general

Store # 4466
                                    Server# 179
                                    I called in my order and first of all she hung up on me without notice. I ordered the split decision breakfast and asked her to specifically sperate my French toast from my meats and she acknowledged that she heard my request but still did not do it. There is also supposed to be powered sugar on French toast and there wasn't. I visited last week and they left off the whipped cream topping that was supposed to be included in a pancakes I ordered and when I called about that I had to argue with the manager about how my order wasn't correct. The staff is incredibly rude and the food is never up to other Ihop standards.