Having problems with IHOP?

IHOP reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 20, 2006. The latest review Worker was posted on Sep 11, 2021. The latest complaint manager karen ellyson unethical behavior was resolved on Dec 02, 2019. IHOP has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 804 reviews. IHOP has resolved 57 complaints.

IHOP Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with IHOP Customer Service. Initial IHOP complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for IHOP above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about IHOP. Discuss the issues you have had with IHOP and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

IHOP Complaints & Reviews, Page 35

IHOPfood preparation and services

IHOP on Elliston Place in Nashville Tennessee customer service is way below satisfaction the employees do not see you or take your order as soon as you walk in the door or do not recognize you upon entering sometimes I will have to sit myself. The Employees are usually on smoke breaks or carrying on conversations. Employees are rude disrespectful. I was a regular visitor specially since vandy employees receive discounts on food. My visits started to decrease because there was always a 45 minute to a hour to get my food. My order sometime is completely wrong. My omelet ingredients is always burned an over cook. Worst mistake is i always order a big steak omelette. I dont eat pork. And some how bacon was an ingredient in my omelette i got no apology or an acknowledged that they missed up my order. Never going back to this ihop ever. They need a new manger an employees

food preparation and services
food preparation and services

IHOP — norfolk virginia store #577

I've been coming to IHOP for over 20 years and I always get the most favorite part of my meal . Stuff French...

IHOPquality and preparation of food.

I am a fairly regular visitor of the IHOP chain but tonight I found myself in store number 488 and was extremely disappointed.
    I found my service to be just fine it was the quality and the preparation of my meal that let me down. Lately I have been a fan of the sirloin tips both the breakfast and the dinners. Apparently store 488 does not used the same seasoning nor the cooking times as the meat was dry very dry and tough. So should you find yourself traveling through Woodstock Georgia bypass the IHOP there travel a little further down the road and find another one. I believe if I were to rate this store it would definitely be in a negative number

IHOPracist managers and extremely rude and unhelpful customer service!

Last summer I applied for a job at a local IHOP. I was initially told by the black manager I spoke too they weren't hiring. Then several weeks later I noticed over a dozen new employees, and guess what, they were all black.

After filing a complaint with IHOP, I was basically told "Its not our problem, and we dont care."

Several days later a co-manager of the store, and one of the only few white employees that worked there called me and apologized. She stated she was the hiring manager, and admitted, they only hired black people. She also stated she had no control over who the potential job candidates were. The black GM would hand her a list of applications, and all were pre-screened to include only black people. She had to hire from that list, and expressed the same concern I did.

The co-manager stated the owner was deeply concerned as to what happened, and was worried I was going to sue. Being as my lawyer insisted I couldn't just sue IHOP, but I had to sue the owner as well, I had second thoughts about suing at all. I didn't want to ruin this guy's business. The other issue was my health at the time, and I was honestly to weak to fight what happened.

While I honestly and sincerely appreciate the manager who did contact me and apologize for what happened, and I believe she was being sincere, I'm still extremely disgusted with the way IHOP's customer service treated me.

While it may not seem that big of a deal to others, I was honestly so upset over what happened, I became withdrawn for months, and could no longer go out in public. Even almost a year later, and I'm still traumatized over what happened. I have this deep fear of employers now, and I find it hard to trust anyone anymore. I haven't applied for another job since, and now can no longer pay my bills.

How can IHOP resolve my situation? To be honest, I really don't think there's anyway they can. I just want to let them know what they did was wrong, and the unfortunate consequence is that I'm going to make it my life's plan to educate the public as to just how disgraceful this crooked company truly is.

It's far too late for a sorry, and there's no amount of money in the whole world that could ever fix what you did, and I will make sure you pay for eternity with the loss of as may customers as possible.

IHOP — server and price

I visited the rogers, Arkansas location on 4/1/17 and i am a highly dissatisfied customer. I was treated very...

IHOPmanagement

Hello, my name is M'Elaine Mitchell. Today, as I was receiving information about applying for a position at your IHOP location in Picayune, MS, one of the managers verbally attacked and insulted me. The worst part is, it was PUBLIC on Facebook. I do not think this person (named Jessica Kelly) deserves to hold a management position. I cannot imagine how she talks to/treats her employees. I have shared the post on facebook and it is going viral, giving this restaurant a bad reputation around here. I did absolutely nothing to her, and she just verbally attacks me. I will try to attach proof of the facebook post. I am deeply disturbed by her words, as are my fellow facebook friends. This woman has no right to speak to me the way she did, and if nothing is done I will be filing a harassment/bullying lawsuit against her and your company. I would really prefer to avoid conflict, but something needs to be done!

management
        management

International House of PancakesService

This evening [protected]) my family and I went to IHOP in Austin on north IH 35 around 9:15. There was only about 14 people in the place and it still took 40 min to get or food. We waited 35 min without seeing our waitress, we were in need of refills so I had to ask another waitress to get her. Of course she stayed by the coffee talking and laughing until I had to yell for her. When are food comes my order was wrong, I ordered plain French toast and that's not what I got, the waitress just laughed and asked if I wanted what she brought me . To end this, I did not have anything to eat I was just so disappointed. My parents sausage was cooked on the outside but cold in the middle so we had to send it back . Again only about 14 people in the restaurant and more than half were sending their plates back. Our waitress acted like she could care less about our wait, so discussed with the whole service . And so were the people sitting behind us, and what's more disappointing is that we love going to that IHOP at least 2 or 3 times a month but never again .

IHOPno knowledge of advertised menu

On March 20, 2017, I visited the IHOP on Centerville Road in Garland, Texas. I ordered the sticky bun waffle as advertised on television. My waitress brought me a regular waffle with syrup and pecans. I advised her that was not what I had ordered. She tried explaining to me that it was the same one advertised. Again, I said no. She brought the manager and they were both clueless and did not understand. Finally, the waitress brought me the sticky bun waffle. Everyone in my party had eaten and was ready to go at that time. I got a to-go box and took my sticky bun waffle home.

Are the employees trained? They should be familiar with the menu. Quality service cannot be given if you do not understand the menu. I was very disappointed.

IHOPterrible greeting services

Me & my family are regular customers due to it being the neighborhood ihop. 1045pm me and my family waited over 10 mins to be seated then when the waitress Ashley approached she seated the next couple that had just come through the doors. I spoke to manager and still feel like some actions should be taken because this isn't the first horrible experience with her.

IHOPthe store

I just ate at rockwall tx ihop... There is a terrible noise in the restaurant... We ate there 3 weeks ago and bought it to the managers attention and today the problem is still there... We ask the girl today whom checked usbgot if they were going to fix it... She said well you are just going to have to live with it because we are no fixing it... It's very annoying and uncomfortable and I cannot enjoy my dinning out...

IHOPihop southwest parkway wichita falls tx

Im a consumer of ihop that has been treated
                  By a manager of the grave yard shift by the the name of danny i was unfortunate not enuff to get his last name because he would not provide it. When i was there i witnessed a drunk cowboy come into ihop and lyso another cowboy and drag him out. Futhermore after that the individual rode his horse into ihop restraunt while people were eating. Danny did nothing. This was all filmed on phones while people were laughing. You may go to utube and watch this called pancakes and horses. I think corporate office should be aware that its very unsanitary and the safety of consumers is at risk. Futhermore i was told by hearsay that danny the manager has a charge of pedophilia dating back. I believe your establishment may be a very big safety risk and if you do not look into this and fix the management i will go public i personally know people that do have these incidents on there phone.

IHOPthe rude service

My family and I visited the ihop located at 1425 se federal hwy stuart fl 34994 at around 10:39 am on 03/02/2017 for breakfast. after we asked the hostess not to seat us near the restrooms, she lead us to a table that hadn't been properly cleaned (food crumbs on table). when I told her that we didn't want table, the hostess, with an irrate look, said "you guys want to move again"? once we were finally seated, the one of the coffee cup had a smear of lipstick on it. our server never came over during our meal to ask if everything was ok. basically it was the worst experience i've ever had any restaurant. i'm the gm at mcdonalds in and I hope that mgmt will screen their employees better upon hire.

IHOPmanager poor service

My boyfriend and I came out for breakfast. It is 5:30pm no one came to take our order until 5:50pm. When the waiter came over as we started to order our food & I told him I don't want eggs and bacon because I'm allergic he asked Maria the manager and she kept yelling at him saying no we dont build your breakfast by substituting sides. Which I know they do because that's what I always do due to the fact I'm allergic to the bacon and eggs. She was no help at all. So I started to order sides he tell me it's 4.29 for French toast when she had just told me it was 3.99. I'm just disgusted with this visit and manager Maria.

IHOP — ihop on east tx in beaumont tx

I made a mistake on my order with a new waitress. I could hear the manager cursing her and yelling. I...

IHOP — horrible service

Ok so it's Valentine's Day tonight and we are out on a couple date four tables only in the restaurant we...

IHOPpoor service

While having dinner I was shocked that the waitress sit in the lobby and eat. I watched how they just got up and went to a table without washing there hands or anything this is unacceptable and disgusting. I over heard them talk about there personal life also about there dislikes of another manager this ihop really needs to get it together. I myself will not be comming back here again they were sitting around to what looked like management very unprofessional managers if you ask me.

IHOPfood/service/management

I have been IHop customer for over twelve years and recently moved to Frisco area. We went to the closet IHop near our home. There was waiting time so we registered under DAR.

My parents and I ordered as usual what we order. Initially the order was taken wrong. We order one Garden Omelette light cheese with pancakes for my parents and requested an extra plate since they wanted to share. And i ordered Country side omelette light cheese without ham with side of pancakes. And additional side of Hash browns. We requested three coffee and two glass of water. I also requested additional Country side omelette without HAM light cheese with pancakes to go.
                          The server brought only two cups of coffee first and then brought another one as i request. When the food came she brought two garden omelettes and one country side with ham. I pointed out both issues and she stated i am sorry and took my plate back to get it re-make.
                          Once it came back and I started to eat it was wrong again. The country side had no cheese and filled with creme cheese inside the omelette. I really got disgusted by then since the order had be wrong from the beginning. My parents end up eating the both Garden Omelettes.
                          I pointed it out to the waitress again and lost my appetite by then. I requested for the manager and spoke to Adam and explained him the whole situation. He looked at the omelette by then i had totally lost my appetite. I advised the manager to make sure my to go order is not screwed up. Adam brought the order to the table and let me look at it. Once we got home there was no syrup in the order. So i am expected to eat pancakes without syrup.

My total bill was Twenty-Nine and Eight five cents. I paid Thirty-Four dollars including tip even though i had such horrible service from both waitress and Management. Adam/Manager came to collect the check however, instead of going to register to right he took the money as he was counting and went to back side towards the kitchen.

This is my worst experience with IHop, and not only worst experience the way whole situation was dealt shows the staff chef, server and manager do not care about their customer. I will make sure my family and I and anyone i know will not be going there. As far as what happened to the money i did not receive copy of by bill.
                          I

IHOPpoor customer service, manager not qualified d to manage

We were dining at Ihop in takoma park and mozzarella sticks were raw and steak and cheese was way too salty. We had to wait a long time for food to be re cooked. New steak and cheese was still salty but I just decided to eat it and not complain. Mind you I'm a resident of takoma park and have been going to this Ihop for over 15 years, so I'm a loyal customer and tip very well as long as service is great! Once we received the bill, I noticed that there wasn't any discount offered other than sorry for the inconvenience. So I spoke with manager and explained the situation and he refused to give me a discount or offer anything for the inconvenience. All he said was, we gave you new food and I replied, that's not the point. The fact that we had to wait a long time is inconvenient. We ended up paying and once again I reminded the manager that it's not proper how he's handling this matter especially to someone who's been coming there before he even became a manager. He says next time I'll take care of you and I told him ther will be no Next time bc they officially lost a loyal customer plus all my family and friends that come to that Ihop. He said ok and had an I don't care attitude. This is wrong bc customer service is about making sure that the customer is happy. This is not about the money but the way that the manager dealt with this matter. He didn't even have a name tag because we asked for his name: he said that mangers don't wear name tags and yelled a name I believe yetti. I'm not sure if this is his name or not but I will definitely take this to the top because it's unfair and inconsiderate on their behalf. I also notice that manager is much more accommodating to the people from his country. I believe Ethiopia. This is not good because we should all be treated equal.

IHOPpoor management

I come into Ihop about 4 days a week. I usually go there to study or do my work online while I eat my breakfast and everytime I go in there I see how hard the servers work. I have never been so disgusted to see that when one of the servers asked the manager on duty for help with an upset customer, she walked away. Then as the server tried to handle the situation it escalated to the point the customer wanted to complain on the server to corporate. When the customer figured out the manager was ignoring her the server got screamed at and blamed. My whole point is whoever aloud this woman to be a manager of a store she doesnt care about is beyond me and wanted someone else to be aware. I hope this will make a better environment because I love Ihop and this is the closest location to me. If this abuse continues I will no longer be going there.

Internation House Of Pancake.I was starred at by the staff in a disrespectful manner with no informant.

My stay in the airport was to get rest from a scandal which I accomplished with sleep. I made my way to ihop and got disrespectful stares where as if they could be apart of. So I ask for a important evaluation of them as a customer. The time of incident was at 6:10am at the airport and my name is antonio a. Butts
                                Actually was employed in lithonia area with the same restaurant with a inhuman experience and feel that the restaurants shouldn't be that way. My diagnosis is schizophrenic and still need answers to my situation as well as privacy but as a past employee I feel it as unorthodox to starred at as a respectable person. So if anything happens this complaint should judify.

I was starred at by the staff in a disrespectful manner with no informant.
                                I was starred at by the staff in a disrespectful manner with no informant.