Having problems with IHOP?

IHOP reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 20, 2006. The latest review Worker was posted on Sep 11, 2021. The latest complaint manager karen ellyson unethical behavior was resolved on Dec 02, 2019. IHOP has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 804 reviews. IHOP has resolved 57 complaints.

IHOP Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with IHOP Customer Service. Initial IHOP complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for IHOP above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about IHOP. Discuss the issues you have had with IHOP and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

IHOP Complaints & Reviews, Page 32

IHOPmanager

My boyfriend and I came to the location on chouteau Trafficway in KCMO store #5334 and in our time there we found 1) a bug in my food, 2) a bug in his drink, 3) leaking from the ceiling onto our plates, 4) and lip stick stains on our glasses. We talked to the manager and he did nothing and had an excuse for everything. Our favorite part was when he told us that if the bugs weren't roaches it's not necessarily a problem. WHAT?! A BUG IS A BUG! Also with the dirty glasses he says that it's not the dishwasher that cleans the glasses. So how do those dishes get cleaned?? And with water dripping from the ceiling into our food apparently it was just condensation and there's nothing he can do about that. I have never had a worse restaurant experience in my life! Our waitress GeGe was great but the manger Gary was a joke! He even went back to talk trash on us to the employees after our conversation! We heard him! We will not be back and my suggestion is to do something about Gary the manager. He should NOT have that title let alone even a job with this company. We are so SO disappointed and want something done about this.

IHOPall of it. worst experience ever!!!

We went to IHOP earlier in week for lunch. Excellent. We went back tonight, 6/15/2017, we ordered, and the macaroni and cheese for the grand kids were cold, the hamburger my granddaughter ordered well done, was raw. Just browned on outside. My husband and I both ordered Sr. breakfast, we pointed it out to waitress. Food arrives, ice cold, bacon raw, not well done. Toast cold and no butter, pancake was cold, so were the eggs and hash browns. We asked for silverware as only 2 sets were on table. There were 5 of us at table. We finally got up and got it ourselves after 30 minutes. It was the worst meal we have ever had, we just came home from Mexico and had not eaten since last night, otherwise we would have walked out!!! Waitress returns only after we complained to a waiter and told him what happened to our food and service. Then the bill!!! Another horror story!!! My husband is charged $6.99 for his and on mine she put every item separate, $14.00 for the same breakfast. We complained, and manager asked waitress, we heard her flat out lie to him. I went up and told to her face we heard you lie, in front of your manager, and we had already told her about her service, after the waiter we told told her what we said, and we told the manager so, He gave us back a partial Payment to make up difference in meals less the AARP discount., $4.00..The new IHOP At Blossom Hill Road in San Jose, CA is the worst meal we have ever had all over the world and the worst service we ever had. There is nothing worse than a liar and our waitress was not only a liar, she did as little as possible and could not even get us silverware. So incompetent. We will never go back there ever. We were in shock At the way we were dismissed and treated like idiots by your manager. Never, not one word of apology. We live in a very nice senior park. At the meeting 2 weeks ago we heard all kinds of negative stories about this IHop, which we dismissed, because we gave eaten at IHops fir 44 years abd gad nothing but excellent experiences. Turns out after tonight, we know the horror stories are all true. A place that specializes in pancakes, serves an old, cold pancake that had been sitting around. How do you mess up eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast, pancakes, cheeseburger and macaroni and cheese. It really was the worst food ever, and it was embarrassing to have to go through this. We will never eat there again! Nor will we ever have a good thing to say about IHop on Blossom Hill Road in San Jose. Since we could not eat the food we paid for at IHop, we left there and went to Jack in the Box and got edible food that was hot. Last time we we will ever pay $45.00 for cold food anywhere!!! Did I mention it took 35 minutes after we ordered to get our food with only a few customers in the restaurant.

Dave and Karen Vogelhuber
    331 Mill Pond Drive
    San Jose, CA 95125
    Phone: [protected]

• Th
        The Truth You Must Know Jun 16, 2017

So you complained to the restaurant manager, they offered you a way of resolving the issue, to which you accepted and then proceeded to post this complaint here? Is that right?

IHOP — my manager and waitresses

Ive been putting a to go order ready for a customer and a waitress thinks saying "can you move your vagina...

IHOPfood and negligence

On June 2nd, I visited the IHOP restaurant in Hialeah Gardens, Florida, located on Hialeah Gardens Blvd. I went with my two children, ages 7 and 9. It was their graduation day. After their graduation, we went to get a quick bite to eat at IHOP, before catching a movie.

Our server was Elio. My daughter wanted the three small pancakes from the kids menu, that included eggs and bacon. We asked Elio to please substitute the eggs with another slice of bacon because my daughter has an EGG ALLERGY.

He stated that he could not do so. I told him well we're not getting the eggs because she's allergic, can't it be substituted. His reply, well I could do it for hash browns. My daughter doesn't like hash browns I replied. (Isn't the purpose of eating out to order something that you like). I replied, well we always come here and the eggs get replaced on the kids combo with one slice of bacon because she can't eat eggs. I asked dont you ever get people with food allergies, what do you do in that circumstance? I'm already not getting the eggs I'm paying for in the combo, I stated. His response was I don't know why in the past they've done that but I cannot. Then he suggested I can pay a dollar extra to get one slice of bacon. I said but I'm not getting the eggs, which I'm paying for in the combo.

By this time I was just beside myself of his poor customer service and lack of care. I could see the entrance to the kitchen from where we were seated. I hear him complaining about me to someone in the kitchen. He was stating, I'm not going to substitute what she wants. So I took a few deep breaths, thinking ok I'm not going to let him ruin our moment for a measly restaurant check under $40. It wasn't even the money bc lord knows I can more than afford our meal. It was the principle of it all and comparing prior servers, he was obviously having a bad day or wanted to be an [censor] (excuse my wording but that was exactly what I was thinking).

I let it go, because as I previously mentioned, I was not going to allow someone's bad attitude ruin our day. The food wasn't even up to par as it normally is. My son complained that his mini burgers had a lot of fat parts in it, and left the food. My daughter received the three small pancakes and one slice of bacon. When I paid, I even tipped him, to much regret afterwards.

We went to see a movie and not far into it, my daughter began to complain that she felt bad. We left the movie. When we walked out and into the light, her face was red, extremely swollen, and was experiencing difficult breathing. I rushed her to the ER. Can you guess what she had?!! I'll tell you, it was an allergic reaction to EGGS!

From the beginning I told Elio at IHOP restaurant that she has an egg allergy!!

If instead of complaining and talking about us in the kitchen, he would have put his efforts on communicating to the person preparing our food, about my daughter's food allergy, this would of been avoided. What a [censor] server and a [censor] thing to do to a child.

My job is in clinical marketing for the Memorial Hospitals. Of course it extends to all aspects of clinical and customer service. So my question is, are we not properly training restaurant servers and personnel on food allergies and its severity? Much educated must be provided as even cross contamination can be life threatening to a person.

I will not be visiting that IHOP and I hope Elio learns of how his actions or lack of, can have serious effects on someone's health.

IHOP — customer service

I was at the IHOP at 134 w Woodlawn rd in charlotte nc and I can honestly say this is the nastiest slowest...

IHOPgeneral manager

On may 27th while driving in through the back of oh ok I was held at gun point by a customer who was dining at oh ok for a mistaken identity. Police were contacted and general manager kimberly of dublin ihop. Ca was called and responded due to police needing video footage.. Kimberly arrived and while I was interviewing with the officer put her arm on my shoulder and said "know we dislike each other but your still my worker and said she was sorry that happened to me. I proceeded to give my statement of what happens and af we minutes later kimberly gm came back and said please stay i. Have no one else to. Work i.. Crying and very emotional because of what happens and the officer asked kimberly gm if she ge t the police footage and kimberly stated can this wait for tomorrow i'll put it on a flashdisk and that she was not on. The clock me and that officer stopped and looked. At her and the officer stated.. Do u care about the safety of your worker
        She never answered and walked away say i. Guess i'll do it and called the officer a [censor] in spanish. This made me. Feel very uncomfortable.. And since the incident she hasn't spoke with me at all.

IHOPihop in union city nj 07087

I went to ihop to eat with my family. I ask to eat in dining room that was close because other dining room was full .. the host told me I had to wait until people finish eat .. I waited half hour just to sit down .. plus the server ask me how old is my son because I was ordering from kids menu.. my daughter want to get change the cash register was rude to her...

IHOPmanagers and staff

manager was very insulting to me and anxiety was at its highest. At times, I felt discouraged and felt harassed because I could not find a red shirt that was supposed to be issued to me. I am so sorry but they way they speak to you as a new hire was discouraging. I asked for pancakes and the manager walked away. Than a few minutes later I had to ask again. Vary humiliated. I had a hard time getting home after work and he said "I did not see your Van" which had broke down days before I started work and he said I talked to myself was inappropriate. I tried very hard to get back and forth to work. A few managers were using curse words and very disrespectful to me. I was grateful for the job. However, no team work and Manager would be praying in the employee lounge while guest at the front door... my complaint is that manager was very disrespectful to me. I had to leave due to transportation however I felt bad and harassed.

• Updated by Love#me · Jun 05, 2017

I Called for take out order and the phone rang without noone answering the phone, this happens very often. And the Manager took his time before helping me. I arrived at store and it was not busy. I called several times and when we came in my mother was using a walker and had to stand at the door for a while. The server walked right by and it appears the Manager was on his cell phone. I cant travel to another Ihop this is close to my home. The food was very very good. But the phone rang all day . Very strange.

IHOPmanager aboo

I was hired by about who I see flirting with the young girls who work there.i went in on a Thursday night to get my jacket I forgot ordered my girlfriend a burger they took me off schedule saying I was rude to another staff member who said she was my waitress but wasn't.Aboo set up 2meetings with me but then wasn't there. I have not bin told I was fired plus meeting never happen no proof I ever did this and the girl who said I did this is still working.there is no proof of accusation and she was not. My waitress.i feel I am not being treated fairly and want to be put back on schedule.I like my job at IHOP and have had no problems.hoping you can have me put back on schedule because I feel I am not being treated fairly by manager and proper procedure was not followed this is not legal to treat employees and I feel discriminated against hoping to here back from you.this is flemington nj IHOP my name is Jason highly [protected] thankyou

IHOPcashier threatened my teenage son

I need someone to contact me asap. My teenage son visited your restaurant last night and upon check out the cashier yelled at him because he did not have money to leave for a tip. She told him that he "sucks" and waitresses only make $2.00 an hour and she also told him that she would "remember his face". All of this happened while the manager on duty was standing next to the her. He never said a word while she threatened my son. I called immediately after the incident and spoke with the manager on duty myself who admitted he was standing there and said nothing. I have left a message for the general manager this morning and he was too busy to take my phone call. I want to let you know that this will NOT go away. I am going to file a report with the police department documenting the fact the one of your employees belittled and Threatened my son. I am also going to contact the local news station as well. I expect someone from your corporate office to contact me about this.

IHOPsteak bites breakfast meals

Ordered a carryout of three steak bite breakfasts cooked medium. When we got home our orders had 4 small steak bites each that were cooked very well and tough! They were gritty and had very little seasoning also. I called to ask to speak with a manager. I informed manager felipe that we live 20 away and needed a refund on our meals. He was very uncaring and said he didn't know what to tell me and I could either come in and try again or speak to his boss kale tomorrow about a possible refund. We've dined there for years and mostly always order the steak bite breakfast. It's cooked medium as requested and the plate is full of steak, we always need a carry-out so for the cooks and management to allow these carry-out tactics is truly unreal! I'm flabbergasted!

IHOPcustomer service

My husband an I visited your resturant on June 2 2017 7:15 PM. Store #3351 Server 19 Bridget. I asked the waitress if it would be possible if I could order from the kids menu because of bariatric surgery, I even offered to show her my surgery card. The waitress bends down and say, "I don't think I'll have too much luck in conviencing my manager you are a child. But I'll see what she has to say." First of all I didn't appreciate her tone and secondly her smart admonishment that I wasn't a child. I'm the paying customer and old enough to be her mother. I could see the exchange between her and the manager-the manager started shaking her head no while waitress was explaining situation. I told my husband before waitress came back to the table, the manager acted like she didn't have time or interest to hear my request. This is the first time since my surgery (2012) that I have ever been treated so poorly as paying customer. I would have been ok with a simple no, that iHOP does not give bariatric patron's this request. No patron should ever feel as though they can not ask if a service can be provided. Trust me, I will most definitely let my fellow bariatics know to beware of iHop insensitivity. I'll stick with restaurants that undestand and value me as a customer.

IHOPI am complaining about terrible customer service

I visited the IHop Restaurant located at 9990 International Drive in Orlando with my niece today> My niece was looking forward to her first visit to Ihop. She lives in Trinidad and is visiting for 2 weeks. After waiting for a period of over 55 minutes after placing the order, our waitress Joyce served another table who arrived after we did. Joyce then told us that she JUST submitted our order and would have to cancel it. Of course we were very disappointed and told her we were leaving. She gave us our check for the coffee and milk and told us to have an awesome day. Needless to say that I was extremely embarrassed as I wanted to enjoy my Sunday breakfast with my niece. I have lived in the Orlando area for over 24 years and never experienced such abominable and atrocious customer service!
                      Joy Cunningham Email - [protected]@aol.com
                      Phone [protected]

IHOPproduct and service

I am very disappointed with not only the slow service and my food not only arriving late but wrong. Then we always come on Sunday mornings and it was advertised that kids eat free all day everyday and nothing was ever stated this changed until we went to check out today. Had I known this changed I wouldn't have ordered my 3 kids meals I would have just got pancakes due to the price. I ended up paying way more than we have ever paid. For service that was pure [censor] and food that came out way late and wrong.

IHOPwaiting to be seated

Walked in a requested a table for two. Was asked to sit down and wait 5 to 10 minutes. 10 minutes later all other people before us were tended to so I assumed we were next. 3 more walk ins were seated before I finally got up and complained. The lady said it was my fault for not putting my name down on the list. I looked down at her list and pointed to my name which was skipped. With no apology she just yelled over at someone else to seat us now. I said no thank you and walked out. I also want to note that we were the only people of color seated in the waiting area...kind of hard to unintentionally miss!

IHOPwait time, rude server.

Our waitress 1066 Vanessa was extremely rude. She had me waiting over an hour, after she takes my order. Gets my order wrong and did not provide condiments nor a refill on my watered down Dr. Pepper. I will not go back to this location or any other I hop establishments. I will let everyone I know how disappointed I am with my service. If they keep hiring people like that no I hop will be filled.

IHOPlabor going up

My daughter sat at her job for two and half hours ( keep in mind not the first time ) not clocked in because her boss did not want his labor going up but other servers came in were able to work but shortly after had a head server (Stacy) come tell my daughter she could go home now, she was scheduled 3-10, she was at work by 2:50 and told to go home at 5:30, after she was told(by gave) to hold on for a half an hour to clock in so she went and asked to clock in agian and was told to wait another half hour and her boss James finally came to work around 4 went into the office with gabe did not come out at all that's when Stacy came and pointed to the 3 girls and said you, you, & you can go ! They are not aloud to clock in with out a mananger or immediate termination if they do, he told them he didn't want his labor going up so they could go home they weren't busy enough, why have a schedule if you don't go by it and why make her sit for 2 1/2 hours doing nothing, just to cover for you your company in case you were to get busy way to treat your employees !!! And how does a server make floor plans and bring her 3 kids to work every single day, she makes the "outs" but makes the other servers clean up after her kids that distroys stuffs throws crayons, yelling you can hear from back room customers are trying to eat, she should be cleaning up after her own kids or better yet dont bring them to work, I would really appreciate if I Hear back from you thank you Sally riggs

IHOP — how unfair the gm is

John the GM at Woodlawn Charlotte NC store. First off he's a drug addict and everyone knows also he'...

IHOPservers and restrooms

Please ask the manager at the Bloomfield CT IHop location to hire new servers. The current servers are rude, unprofessional, slow, and lazy. While you're waiting on your food they are either in the back of IHop talking or at the front register area laughing, talking, or cursing. Even when they are in the kitchen area you can hear them playing around. The manager did manage to hire a new host who smiles all the time when I visit, and works with a sense of urgency when trying to seat customers. She is very professional and doesn't look like she belongs in this IHop setting! The manager needs to hire more people like her if he wants his business to thrive! One time I visited and heard one of the servers tell the new host, in a very rude way, to stop seating people because they were short staffed. This type of conversation should not happen in front of customers because I left the restaurant after hearing that. Also, the plumbing in that building needs to be fixed!! There is always a puddle of water at the front of the restroom doors and the smell should be considered a health hazzard!!! It's hard to enjoy your food when you're smelling the sewer! I love IHop, but this location is the worst. The manager should shut down for 2 weeks and hire all new servers!! This would help his business tremendously!

IHOPnew ihop/ assistant manager

Your new location in Kent Island Maryland hasn't opened yet and already you have lost the entire local law enforcement agencies and a lot of the local population. The comments made by Mr. Tyler Dilley's referencing the shooting of police is reprehensible. I understand he has deleted his Facebook page but his comment is available and I will forward it requested.