Menu

complaints

IHOP Complaints Summary

58 Resolved
837 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from IHOP with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for IHOP has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of IHOP. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

IHOP complaints 895

Sort by:

Newest IHOP complaints

M
8:04 pm EDT

IHOP burnt pancakes, and bacon

we ate at ihop on Friday July 14th in the afternoon the restaurant was not busy when our server brought our food out my husband's bacon was burnt and my pancakes were black ok we tell our server and he just looks at us like were stupid and walks off my husband attempted to tell him he didn't get his toast now he did not bring his toast until after he ate like we don't need it now needless to say we asked for our ticket paid $33 left black pancakes and toast on the table with no tip. service sucked [censored]. As well as the food I have never had a issue with this location and surely never expected our server to be so rude this was the location across from the mall. I definitely will not ever be back since there are other optional breakfast restaurants in Tyler, Texas

Desired outcome: I want a refund

View 0 more photos
D
1:41 pm EDT

IHOP The Manager of Layton Utah Jason Shup

Are local church Faith Baptist had Paid for special birthday promos for the birthday month...I was going to use it for a stack of pancakes to try out Ihop for the first time...But Jason Shup put a end to that...He told his waitress he never heard of it and I asked to talk to him...he told her I can make a appointment tomorrow to talk to him...I anticipate a follow up with me...Thanks Dave..

Desired outcome: Please talk to Jason Shup about beeter customer service to the face of a customer and not send the waitress to say his words.... Unacceptable!!

R
12:11 pm EDT

IHOP Gift Card

I wanted to place a online order and pick it up in the restaurant. The day before I was going to place the order I checked the balance online on my three IHOP gift cards. Two were $5 gift cards and one was a $50 gift card and has a $38.86 balance left. There was $5 left on each $5 gift card and $36.86 left on the $50 gift card. Yesterday 6/20 I tried to order and it never went thru. So today I tried again to place a order. I entered one of the $5 gift cards and $5 came off my bill, then I used the $50 card with the $38.86 left to pay the bill balance of $29 and change. It said the card had no money left on it. I hadn't used the card since I checked the balance two days ago and somehow I now lost $38.86. The gift card in question is a IHOP gift card [protected] pin 0570

Desired outcome: Put the $38,86 back on my gift card or send me a new card with that [protected]@aol.com

Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IHOP Disappointing Visit to IHOP: Dry Pancakes, Burnt Bacon, Slow Service, and Unfriendly Waitress

The pancakes were dry and the bacon was burnt. The service was slow and the waitress was not friendly. We had to ask for refills multiple times and our order was wrong. Overall, we were very disappointed with our visit to ihop and we will not be returning. It was a waste of money and time. We suggest finding another breakfast spot in the area.

J

IHOP IHOP Review: Tasty Food, Average Service and Atmosphere, but Pricey

Food at IHOP is pretty good, but the cost is a bit steep. I mean, $12 for scrambled eggs? That's a bit much, don't you think? However, if you're in a bind and don't have any other options, IHOP is a decent choice. But if you have other places to go, I'd recommend checking those out first.

The menu at IHOP has a lot of variety, from pancakes to omelets to burgers. The pancakes are fluffy and delicious, and the omelets are cooked to perfection. The burgers are also pretty good, but they're a bit on the pricey side. Overall, the food is tasty and satisfying.

The service at IHOP is hit or miss. Sometimes the servers are friendly and attentive, but other times they seem to be in a rush and don't pay much attention to their customers. It really depends on the day and the server you get.

The atmosphere at IHOP is pretty basic. It's not a fancy restaurant by any means, but it's clean and comfortable. The decor is nothing special, but it's not unpleasant either. It's a good place to go if you're looking for a casual dining experience.

In conclusion, IHOP is a decent choice if you're in the mood for breakfast or brunch. The food is good, but the prices can be a bit high. The service and atmosphere are average, but it's a comfortable place to eat. If you have other options, it might be worth checking those out first, but if you're in a bind, IHOP is a solid choice.

A

IHOP Good Food and Friendly Service, but Cleanliness Could Improve at IHOP

IHOP is a pretty good place to grab a bite to eat. The food is tasty and the service is friendly. However, I gotta say, cleanliness is a bit of an issue. It seems like every time I go there, there's a dirty fork or the table isn't quite clean or the seat is sticky. It's not a dealbreaker or anything, but it's definitely something that could be improved.

I mean, I get it. It's a busy place and things can get messy. But I just hope they're paying as much attention to the food in the back as they are to the front of the house. I don't want to think about what's going on back there if the front is a little dirty.

Overall, though, I'd still recommend IHOP. The food is good and the service is friendly. Just be prepared for a little messiness.

E

IHOP Decent Breakfast Option: IHOP Review

Got my food and it was pretty good. The omelet was fluffy and had a good amount of bacon and cheese. The hash browns were crispy and not too greasy. The drink was just a basic soda, nothing special.

The restaurant itself was pretty busy, even for a weekday morning. There were a lot of people waiting for tables and the staff seemed a bit overwhelmed. But they were friendly and tried their best to keep up with the demand.

Overall, I would say that IHOP is a decent option for breakfast or brunch. The food is good and the prices are reasonable. However, the wait time can be a bit long and the service can be a bit slow. But if you're not in a rush and don't mind waiting a bit, it's worth checking out.

IHOP Mixed Experience at IHOP: Good Food and Prices, Inconsistent Service

I went to IHOP the other day and I gotta say, the food is pretty good. The prices ain't too bad either. But let me tell ya, the service ain't always the best. Sometimes I get a server who's on top of things and other times, not so much. And don't even get me started on the hosts. They could use some serious help in the customer service department. Overall, I'd say IHOP is worth a visit for the food and prices, but don't expect top-notch service every time.

T
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IHOP Disappointing Experience at IHOP in Greer/Taylors SC: Overpriced Food and Poor Service

IHOP in Greer/Taylors SC was not a good experience for me and my family. We waited for almost an hour for our food, and when it finally arrived, it was not worth the wait. The food was overpriced and not the best quality. I think that next time we will go to Waffle House instead. The service was not great either, as our server seemed to be in a rush and did not take the time to make sure that we were satisfied with our meal. Overall, I was disappointed with my experience at IHOP and would not recommend it to others.

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IHOP Mixed Review of IHOP: Delicious Food, but Inconsistent Service and Attitude

IHOP is one of my go-to places for a delicious meal. The pancakes and shakes are my absolute favorites. However, I have noticed that the staff's attitude can be a bit of a problem. It seems like the basics of service are missing, which can be frustrating. Every time I visit, I notice that the tables are not cleaned, which is a bit of a turn-off.

Despite these issues, I am willing to give IHOP another chance. I hope that the service will improve, and the staff will be more attentive to their customers' needs. If things do not get better, I may have to reconsider my loyalty to this restaurant.

Overall, I would recommend IHOP to anyone looking for a tasty meal. The food is top-notch, and the prices are reasonable. However, be prepared for some minor issues with the service. If you can overlook these problems, you will have a great dining experience.

A
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IHOP Disappointing Experience at IHOP: Long Wait Times and Lack of Care from Workers

Every time I go to IHOP, I'm always let down. I've been going there for over ten years and every time I go, I can never seem to get my food in a timely manner. It's like the workers there don't care about their job and are just there to collect a paycheck. I've been to IHOP in four different states and about ten different cities and I can honestly say that I wouldn't go back to any of them. It's just sad to see a restaurant with such a long history fall so far.

J

IHOP Mixed Feelings: A Review of IHOP's Food and Customer Service

IHOP is a restaurant that I have visited a few times and I must say that the customer service is not up to par. The servers don't seem to be happy with their jobs and they don't even smile. It's like they don't want to be there.

When it comes to the food, I have mixed feelings. The bacon is very small and not cooked properly. It's like they just throw it on the plate without any care. The burgers are seasoned well, but sometimes the meat is raw and they don't want to make a new one. This is very frustrating.

On the other hand, the pancakes are fluffy and dry. They are definitely the highlight of the menu. The salad needs to be tossed more, but it's still decent. The milkshakes are good, but they are a bit overpriced.

If you order from Uber Eats or any other delivery service, be prepared for them to forget half of your order. They don't even try to make accommodations or replace the missing items. It's like they don't care about their customers.

Overall, IHOP has its ups and downs. The food can be hit or miss, but the pancakes are definitely worth a try. The customer service needs improvement and they need to work on their attention to detail when it comes to orders.

B

IHOP Mixed Experience at IHOP: Great Food, Disappointing Service

I recently had an experience with IHOP and I must say, it was quite frustrating. I decided to call in and make an online order with someone over the phone. I repeated what I wanted and how I wanted it prepared, but somehow they still managed to mess it up! I was quite disappointed with the service I received.

When I arrived at the restaurant, I noticed that the service was slim pickings. There was only one waiter or waitress and they seemed to make me wait a good 10-15 minutes before I could be seated, even though the whole restaurant was open to seating. Hmmm... I wonder why that is?

However, when it comes to their food, I have no complaints. The taste is great and the quality is good. My only issue is that I wish the food would come with more of what the picture looks like. It can be quite misleading and disappointing when you receive less than what you expected.

Overall, my experience with IHOP was a bit of a mixed bag. While the food was good, the service could definitely use some improvement. I hope they take customer feedback into consideration and work on making their service better.

V
12:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I and 3 others went for breakfast on Monday 6/19/23 in Mount Vernon, Wa 98273. This turned out to be the most unpleasant dining experience that I have ever had. The staff allowed 2-3 children to almost continually scream and cry out at the top of their lungs! The behavior lasted the entire hour we were there. We could not have a normal conversation because...

M
7:13 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I dont want to make it seem like i’m complaining but, the eggs are off, I don’t know what it is, taste is ok but the texture is way off I got scrambled with cheese and onion and green peppers, I love scrambled but these eggs… can I request cracked scrambled so they don’t use the “ready made scrambled”? I’m assuming to save prep time they are getting these...

S
3:38 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

IHOP #3259 I had breakfast at this IHOP a week or so ago, upon leaving I spoke to the manager. I told her I was a nurse and one of her waitresses should not be serving without her hair put up or in a net! She is serving plates with shoulder length flying all over hair. I went there today to get a gift card and her hair was the same! If I return again and it is not pinned up I will report it to the health dept.

C
3:18 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On Sunday, May 7, 2023, we decided to eat at IHOP for breakfast, after church. We order coffee, Pepsi and two Sample Platter. However, our breakfast meat was cold, pancakes was so cold that the butter did not melt, the meat was not cook done. The coffee that was left on the table was cold. The waitress was very professional and apologize for the food. The...

D
7:36 pm EDT

IHOP Complain about your service

My wife went Longwood garden for the weekend of 21st of April 2023, we stopped at this IHOP just befoer Kenneth Square for Longwood Garden. When we went into this Ihop it was almost empty there were about four people in there we waited ten minutes to be seated, When we were seated the young lady that came out had a ring around her nose gave us a menu as she left our table we noticed three to four tables with dishes on them empty with no people sitting there. All of the sudden our server starts cleaning the table without gloves she leaves to bring our food and after people started to come in a young man comes out to clear the tables, tables should be cleared before customer start to come in also there was a baby seat nnext to us in the way cleared after twenty minutes that we were eating an establishment like this should operate a lot better, be neater and hire older people that no how to run a business. Thank You

Desired outcome: I really don't want anything I will leave that up to you people I'm just letting you know if nobody never say anything then you woudn't know.

B
8:05 pm EDT

IHOP Customer service

Two consecutive weeks that I had to call for a waiter after being seated. 1st was the last week of Mar & 2nd was April 7th both was evening hours. 1st one I waited around 10mins. and when I got my order the sirloin tip was burn on one side. Took another 10mins to bring me another order. 2nd

one I was seated and this time I did not wait for 10 mins it was around 7mins. I ask to speak with the manager but the waiter did not like that I requested to see her boss & got an attitude. When the manager finally came she to did not like my tune of voice & started arguing with me & the same waiter came back into the conversation being aggressive & told me if I have a problem I can leave. The manager also told me to leave because I was making a scene when in reality they got upset because I call them out in front of everyone. I don't recognize any of those employees because when I deliver in this area which is around 10 time within 5 month I always come to this IHop.

Desired outcome: None, because I won't be eating in this location any longer.

9:35 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IHOP Poor service, servers inappropriately dressed, servers horseplaying, joking and laughing very loudly

Our server was named moira, she was dressed in a green shirt that was open in the back with gaping holes showing her bare skin and numerous tattoos as well as her bra hanging out in front and when she bent over you could see her bare breasts. several other servers had on sweatpants with torn legs from ankle to hip, pajama bottoms and hoodies and crocks. They were all joking and laughing VERY loudly and not paying any attention to customers nor were they doing any cleaning or side jobs . After getting our drink order she came back and said sorry I had to go to the bathroom. I had to get up to ask for a refill. Our server, Moira, never came back to the table. The food was actually prepared well and instead of tipping our server we gave each of the 3 male cooks a tip in person.We did not tip the server. Our server disappeared outside and left us waiting for our bill and no one else bothered to bring it to us. After approx. 20 min the server came back inside and still ignored us. We stood by our table with our coats on for a good 15 min before she finally said do you want you check now. The pepsi had a bad taste and when she was told about it she left the glasses on the table and brought mu wife a hot chocolate that was barely warm, and coffee that was so strong you could not drink it. My bill came to $67.63 which I could have walked out without paying very easily.

I was very dissatisfied with this visit . Since when are employees and Management not required to wear a uniform or nametag?

Desired outcome: I would like to see retraining and enforcement of policies and procedures, and the issue of inappropriate attire addressed.I feel a reinbursement of the amount of my bill would definately be warranted in this matter

Overview of IHOP customer experience

IHOP, the popular breakfast chain, has been receiving a lot of negative feedback from customers lately. Many complaints revolve around poor customer service, long wait times, and unclean dining areas. Customers have also reported issues with food quality, including undercooked or overcooked dishes. Additionally, some have expressed frustration with the lack of vegetarian and gluten-free options on the menu. Overall, IHOP seems to be struggling to meet the expectations of its customers, and improvements are needed to address these issues.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

IHOP contacts