Complaints & Reviews

continuous calls

I.C. Systems calls my house at least 5 to 6 times a day this is including weekends. The person that the calls are pertaining to no longer live at my resident. I tried to talk to them but most of the time the representative has an bad attitude. Elderly disabled people live at this resident and it is hard for them to continuously get up and answer the phone. I do not want to change my number because we have had this number over 60 years. I am very tired of the harassing phone calls.

people who are in debt

To everyone who has a problem with IC System, pay your freaking bill!
It is not illegal to collect money from low life ###, so all the people who complain they keep recieving calls, or are rude, best thing is get over it and pay your bill!

• Sh
    Sherryl Jun 29, 2008

Attn: IC REP

No, it's not illegal to collect a valid debt but it is illegal to be abusive or harassing per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).

Consumers often face legitimate hardships (divorce, illness, loss of employment, etc) that make it extremely difficult if not impossible to pay off delinquent debt. It is not necessary to harass debtors or relatives of debtors in the process of collecting. Follow the guidelines of the FDCPA --- it's the law! Something to think about besides your commission.

• Wi
    wilsonjr8 Aug 07, 2008

No calling me 7 times a day and harrassing me is a violation of my rights. You collectors have NO IDEA what has happened at our house to cause this situation. Of course you don't care and that is the problem with America today, nobody cares about nobody. Well I was all for payment arrangements and eventually a settlement, but come on, I cannot trust a collector with my checking account info. Do you take me for a fool? But to say I refuse to pay, it absolutely far from the truth. I got behind on my mortgage because I paid WaMu faithfully while we were having hard times. So I decided I need my house, car and food for my kids. I had to give up something during these times and that would be WaMu. Considering I was never late on a payment and they raised my interest from 9.9 to 29 in one month. Guess what, they received what I borrowed long before now, they can eat the interest.

• Ti
    Ticked Off Jan 29, 2009

What a dip! If someone has debt and has the money to pay that debt, then yes, they are ### if they refuse to do so. However, when you lose your job and face unemployment in a very uncertain economy, then you do what you have to do. Thousands of people have lost their jobs this week alone, over 50, 000 people! I was laid off in June and have struggled with unemployment money going towards credit cards, food, clothes, etc.. and trying to find another job in the middle of it. Yes, I too am behind on my bills, but not because I am ### or that I don't care. It is very degrading to me to know I cannot make the payments, but that's ok. I know who I am and what I stand for and I don't need a rude, IC rep to tell me that I am talking over him and to shut up. That is totally unnecessary and not a good way to get someone to pay anything. Manipulation is not something I respond kindly to. I wonder how the IC reps manage to look at themselves in the mirror each day knowing how they treat people. God help them if they ever lose their jobs!

• Dr
    Draven2010 May 06, 2010

The ### that posted this comment obviously doesnt realize that he solely represents an agency here. and If that is how he feels about his clients, then what the hell is he doing collecting debts.

I work for a debt collection agency and where I work, we understand hard times. yes you have to be pushy to collect debts but you do not have to be abusive...Im calling these lowlife ### tomorrow just to push them.

Let them violate FDCPA with me, It will be recorded.

• Ic
    IC rep May 17, 2010

I too am an IC rep and trust me, I know people go though rough times. But, honestly, we have a policy we have to follow not to mention we never know who is lying and who isn't. So just because you say "i lost my job, my dog is is the hospital, and my checkbook is in the car.. oh and also it's raining so i can't put a money order in the mail" doesnt mean you dont owe the debt. Our job is to collect the money you failed to pay, regardless of the situation. We aren't here to comfort you and if you are recieving "harrassing" or "abusive" phone calls then why don't you report it to our superiors?

bill scams

I ask icsystem not to ever call my phone number!!! But they do not stop. Plz advise smb, what can be done in this situation...

harassment to the third degree!

I too have fallen prey to the incompetent representatives at IC Systems. Two years ago I was hospitalized with a serious heart condition. My health care provider somehow obtained incorrect information regarding my insurance provider. After contacting them (several times) to give them correct information, they continued to submit claims to an insurance company I had never heard of. Was that MY fault? I think not. Then, for about a year, I heard nothing from them. One day I received a notice from IC stating the account had been turned over to them for collection, and I needed to pay immediately. I explained to them what had taken place, and advised them I was going to contact my insurance company to see if I could get assistance in settling the account. A day or so later, another representative called me at 8:30 p.m. (isn't there a cutoff time for these calls?) and proceeded to yell at me, call me a liar, and continuously interrupt me when I tried to speak. I am still in the process of getting this account settled, and pray that once it is settled, they will leave me alone. I've considered seeking legal advice, but what would/could they do to help? These people need to go back to primary school and learn how to treat others with respect.

harrassing telephone calls

This company called me last week.. The person who called was giggling and laughing over the phone. I said...

rudeness

I have been in a severe auto accident and just got to the stage of being able to call all my creditors. So far everyone has been nice and working with me. Until I contacted IC Systems. They were extremely rude and was treating me as if I am a lier and have no intentions of paying my debts. I have had excellent credit till my accident, I am still suffering from nerve damage and can not go to work. They call me house 10 times a day or more.

Jonathan Apr 29, 2008

These people ( or computer ) are relentless. They have called 147 times and never leave a message. I stopped answering the phone some time back when there was no one there. They call at all hours.
    What they are doing is finding out when you are most likely to be home by when you answer the phone during the day or night. I have the capability to have my phone not ring to their phone number. When I call their number, It just rings and rings.
    It would be nice to know who they are collecting for. Maybe I would like to use them sometime if I need to harass someone for no point at all ( since they never are on the line when I answered or when I called their number ).
    Also folks, If you DO get a body on the line, DO DOT give them ANY INFORMATION over the phone. Have them send you a registered letter with their name and address on the outside of the letter as well as on the letterhead. The body of the letter MUST explain who they are and who they are collecting for. There should also be a reference to your debtors account number as well as an account number that their company has assigned to your file.
    If they are not willing to provide any of this information, ignore them and report them to the Better Business Bureau.
    Be prepared to give all of the information you have collected up until your contact with them ( the BBB ).
    I hope this helps.

Jonathan Apr 29, 2008

Hey all,

Just wanted to add this piece of information. A look at their home page on the web looks pretty friendly to me :}
    Or is it just a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I also wanted to say that I have great credit and owe no one ( except mortgage and auto's ) and those I do owe, are paid on time and some even have account credits.

• De
    DEE B. May 06, 2008

I agree with theri rudeness and harrassment. we continue to get calls from them after the bill was paid 5 years ago! They will not listen, my husband send in all of the information that bill was paid, and on time mind you, and they tell him to send in again. We send in the information through the courts, which I hate to tell IC systems has a lot more power and clout then they do! They told us in the past it would ruin our credit report. We told them how? We have a paid off house, three cars and a motorcycle, all paid for and two cars paid for in cash! We also pay off EVER Y credit card every month. If they think a $800.00 bill is going to ruin our credit report after the bill has been paid for they are crazy! We have caller ID so when we see the number we answer and hang up in 2 secs! What a bunch of morans!!

• Co
    connie Aug 16, 2008

these ic systems people called me at 8am, wouldnt tell me who they were, so i wouldnt verify any of my information for them. the rep hung up, so i looked the phone number up online to find out who they were. after several calls to these jerks i finally got someone on the line who would help, dave. he said i owed washington mutual for a visa card. since i dont even have a visa credit card i asked if they had the wrong person. he told me the last 4 digits of a ss# and asked if it matched mine. it didnt. he looked into it a lil more and discovered, wonder of wonders, they were calling the wrong person.he said he would get my phone number removed from their calling systems, so thanks dave. to the other jerks i spoke to, kiss my azz.

• Je
    jennifer reehill Sep 22, 2008

They are rude and unbelievably trained to call you a liar, talk over you, get an attitude and it is like talking to a brick wall. I informed them that Washington Mutual and I were in a dispute over the amont and they said no you owe the money. Then I said I cannot beleive that you talk to your customers this way, and Agents: Amanda, then John, then Kathy-all told me the SAME exact line "YOU ARE A DEBTOR< YOU ARE NOT A CUSTOMER". I said "I am informing you under the fair debt collections act that I am telling you to stop calling me". They said "we will continue calling you every day, , several times a day".

They actually had been doing that, but I decided to call them back and talk to them in a cheery voice, and every time they started to talk over me, I just hold the phone away and surf the internet because they womn't hang up until they make you crazy. So I just kept checking to see if they stopped talking then I would say, is it my turn to talk?
    Then i would just ask the same question "can I have your address?". No they would not give it to me.I made them crazy til they hung up on me! i was lmao.

I HAVE THE SOLUTION: I calle www.prepaid legal.com here is the site:

www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/rj

sign up there- a friend told me they could help and it was free (courtesy 1st time)

(800-654-7757) and for 16 bucks (membership fee) a month (the standard plan), you can get law advice and the first consultation is free from a reputable law firm in your area, and it includes the letter that tells them by law they have to stop calling you!

Then you can sue them and own the credit collection agency. Thats my next plan of attack AFTER the phone sex i plan to do..."mmmm, i like t that way amanada...oh john, your so hot, i was with your mnother last night...she was really good john, i hope you can please me too..."
    Just some ideas people! These people are ###, treat them that way and have fun with it.

The last time Amanda hung up on me i was saying wait this is so much fun!

And yes i am talking about IC Systems of california their phone number is :

510-924-1676

• Vi
    virgocalifornia Nov 15, 2008

If you are disputing the amount owed with WAMU send IC Systems a letter (certified) that you dispute the amount and tell them they must prove the amount they are collecting is legitimate. Once they receive letter they cannot contact you until they provide evidence. Any communications other than that is in a violation of Fair Credit Act. Report them to FTC and Association of Credit and Collection Professionals http://www.acainternational.org/codeofconduct.aspx?cid=11672.

debt collection!

I am in need of speaking with the Head of IC Systems. I have been transferred to several "Account...

harassing phone calls!

This company repeatedly calls looking for my younger brother with whom I share the same first name. They have...

calls for no reason at all!

This collection agency called me for no reason. I do not owe any debt whatsoever. They simply are fishing for...

harassment!

I closed my washington mutual credit card last month and paid off the amount that I was advised to pay to...

harassment

I am being contacted by phone and mail from these people. They are contacting me about a charge that was made on my credit card that was false. My account number was used by someone that got my number after the fact that i had closed out account for this reason with someone else. The item that was purchased was for something through a pei education inst. What i have no idea. I found out about this through a letter i received from pei in jan 2008. I contacted them a told them it was used on a bogus credit card number. The card had been cancelled months prior. I then received a letter from them requesting a police report about the matter. I went to the police dept. And showed them the letter. They stated that once pei affects my credit to get a lawyer. There is a very large case against them right now for this matter.

Now i am receiving phone calls and letters from this ic systems inc. For the same reason. My last phone call was about a hour ago. When i answered i tried to explain the error that they and who ever this pei is had made. The person i was talking to only knew 4 or 5 english words. She kept speaking in spanish right in the middle of the sentence.

I asked her to please send me a copy of my signature where i authorized them to bill me or charge me or send me anything. I was told that i needed a lawyer. That they demanded that i pay. What do i do? Does anybody know.

Kelly Havernick Feb 13, 2008

Jeffrey: THE COLLECTIONS COMPANIES HAVE NO LEGAL AUTHORITY TO DO ANYTHING. THEY ARE RUDE USELESS PEOPLE. THEY ARE ONLY TRYING TO SCARE YOU BY THE COMMENTS THEY ARE SAYING. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY THEM NOT SPEAKING ENGLISH. THEY ARE UNEDUCATED PEOPLE. EVENTUALLY WHAT HAPPENS IS SOME MUCH TIMES GOES BY AND IF THEY CANNOT COLLECT ANY MONEY, THEY USUALLY JUST GO AWAY, LIKE THE FLU. BUT IF YOU GET ANYTHING FROM A LAWYER, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CLEAR IT UP THEM BECAUSE LAWYERS ARE PROFESSIONAL AND THEY KNOW YOU HAVE RIGHTS. UNLIKE THE COLLECTORS. THEY CAN ONLY YELL AND CRY. LET ME KNOW HOW IT WENT. KELLY.

rude employee and manager!

My wife had recently had a phone conversation with an employee at IC Ststems, that sound about the same as every other complaint I have read. I was recently deployed to Iraq, and had accidentally forgot to give my wife the information about my credit card payment, which is easy to do when you have deployment on your mind. So this employee who would not give his name only an operator number, explained to my wife that the bill had not been paid and it went to collections. My wife not knowing what he was talking about told him that the next time I called home she was going to find out the info to get it taken care of. The employee then began to tell her that if she bothered me in Iraq that she was a horrible wife, and he could not believe that she would do that instead of paying it. He then told her that she was worthless because she can't handle it herself, and those were his exact words. When I heard this I was fuming, and made a call to the company, of course that employee was not there so I talked to another one, and took care of the bill. I asked to speak to the manager Nate Johnson, and explained to him what had happened, and he told me if I didn't have it recorded he didn't believe what I was saying. I asked him if they record the conversations, and he stated sometimes but not in this case. I then asked to have a number for someone that is over him and he said he was as high as they go, so he was done with me. I then had a few choice words for him and he then hung up. I think that they all get there training from the same place, and know what goes around comes around.

Kelly Havernick Feb 13, 2008

I cannot believe stuff like that happens to people. Collection agencies are the worst companies to deal with. They have no education and knowledge and that is why they are so rude. They know that they cannot legally do anthing to people and because they are on the phone they are real big tough guys. I'd like to see them out in public to see how tough they really are. STAY SAFE.

John Smith Feb 27, 2008

Pay your bills on time loser, and they wouldnt be calling you at all.. pansy!

thomas -thomas Jul 21, 2009

Darrin, your a piece of crap..you loser big fuc---- loser

You piece of dog crap

Darrin, your a jackass.

rude, erroneous and/or conflicting information

I contacted my credit card company and was told that the account had been sold to IC Systems, Inc. for...

false account info

This company has purchased a sprint account i had 10 years ago. The original bill from sprint was included in my 2001 filing and has been released since 2003. How can these sorry so an sos do this to me? I need some advice.

Kent Apr 29, 2008

Send them a cease and disist order do not send them any money or you will reastablish the debt
    if its 10 years old its a time bared debt that means they cant do anything

• Sh
    Shelley Dirk May 23, 2008

That may be a Sprint thing. I know they were sued a few years ago for over charging a bunch people on minutes. I had a spint phone a year or 2 before this happened and I remember they jacked my bill up like $125 and I never went over my minutes. I paid it like an idoit not knowing what to do.
    their reporting is messed up or something. Thay proably sent an illlegitmate debt over to a collection agency. Dont pay it the last perosn was right it will reastablish the debt, just send a letter disputing it to IC Systems. They will send it back over to Sprint and Sprint will be required to send you an explanation of the debt, send Sprint a letter to.

• B
    /b/ Feb 20, 2010

Internet / Phone Bullies
    Because attempting that ### face to face could be downright detrimental to your health.

Just Trolling :0)

unprofessional behavior!

I was contacted by IC Systems in regards to a past credit card debt. I lost my job in Dec 2006 and now have an outstanding balance. After trying to make payment arrangements I was assured by TWO SUPERVISORS that I would not be contacted until I called them on the date we agreed on to make a payment. IC Systems continues to call me and when I talk to a different supervisor, it feels they are saying everything they want just short of calling me a "deadbeat." When I call the company and ask to speak with the same supervisor that was working with me... the company can't find them or that supervisor is off. I realize they are trying to collect a debt, but there are situations that arise that are beyond an individuals control. I lost my job and I am making less than a third of what I was making... why not try and work with person instead of belittling them by telling them, "you applied for the credit card, now you owe them money, you should pay them." IC System is 100% unprofessional!

• You put yourself in that position, every creditor gives you 60 days to pay your bill before they place it in collection just become more responsible and dont spend they money you dont have and cant pay back.

Kelly Havernick Feb 13, 2008

I disagree with Aaa. I hope you never know what it is like to loose your job or have a death in the family. Do you honestly think people like owing money to companies. NO THEY DON'T. Things happen. These people who work at the collection companies are the most uneducated buch of people in the world. They are rude and useless. So Aaa, hope you never know what it's like to go through a touch time and have to deal with one of these ### brains.

• B
    /b/ Feb 20, 2010

Internet / Phone Bullies

Just Trolling :0)

beware of this scam company!

I.C. System. My wife received a Call From a Rebecca with I.C. Systems on a Friday, and was informed that a...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices