Consumer Recovery Associates Logo

Consumer Recovery Associates

Having problems with Consumer Recovery Associates?

Consumer Recovery Associates Customer Service Contacts

1866 901 7909 (Customer Service)
+1 757 214 9186 (Customer Service)
484 Viking Dr, Suite 155
Virginia Beach, Virginia

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Consumer Recovery Associates Customer Service. Initial Consumer Recovery Associates complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Consumer Recovery Associates above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Consumer Recovery Associates. Discuss the issues you have had with Consumer Recovery Associates and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Consumer Recovery AssociatesPast Debt from over 4 years ago

I had opened a credit card over 5 years ago, I made my monthly payments and was told that I had my balance taken care of. Now after 4 years I get a phone call stating that I owe almost $800.00. From the very beginning of the conversation the woman was so rude it would make any one's blood boil. I tried stating to her the situation and she wanted to know how I was going to take care of it. I simply told her that I was not working and had no income coming in at the time. I am a stay at home mother. So she automatically said that she was putting it down as I am non compliant. Which is not the case. I told her that I have not received anything in the mail for me to be able to contact the company or anything. She then stated that it wasn't her problem and she wasn't going to give me any information to try to contact the company and that basically I was garbage. I am sorry, but that is not how you handle your job. I understand that you are supposedly trying to collect a debt but you do not threaten people or talk to them in the manner that this woman did. She did not give me her name or any other information that I would have needed. You can bet that this is going straight to the States Attorney Generals office!!!

• Tr
      tracymarie Jun 29, 2012

Very rude an disrespectful. i even blocked them from my bank account. they r the reason y people dont want to deal with collection agencies!!

CRARude and unprofessional

On 10/26/11 a woman left me a message stating to give her a call or my representation on a serious matter. I'm thinking its a collection agency. I will call back to make payment arrangements. I called back and the woman was rude. She is asking for checking and savings account information. I advised her I didn't have either. She quotes an address of a relative. Then she verifies the last four of my social. She after all this she tells me to go to a local drug store and purchase a prepaid card. I then ask her to send me proof of this debt. She became really rude. She said I was trying to get out of paying a debt I owed. She hoped I had a good representative. I said I'm not paying anything over the phone for anyone who just calls my phone. She became quiet andr just held the phone. I said hello. She said nothing. Just held the phone until I hung up.

Consumer Recovery AssociatesWould not provide me a letter or information

Received a phone call from someone claiming to be from a lawyers office. She stated she had information about a case about to be directed to the IRS. She verified my name and she provided the last 4 digits of my social security. I did not provide additional information only verified what she offered was me so that under the privacy act she explained me to would be able to offer me information on the case.
      She stated eventually this was an attempt to collect a debt. I asked from where and she told me Household Bank for $1500.00. I said that can't be right as I have an account with them and in good standing. She then said it was from Orchard Bank, I said I have an account with them as well in good standing. She said the account was created May 30, 2001 and went into default March 2002. I told her I have no clues about this at all and could you send me documentation since this information is over 10 years old! I need to figure out what it is or was. She abruptly said no and that she was going to file a 1099 C on this with the IRS against me as there is no statute of limitations. I was hung up on and called the number back and got a general recording.

• If a representative was rude, or if you have additional questions, please contact a customer service manager at [protected]. Rest assured we take your feedback very seriously and will work to resolve the issue quickly.

You can also visit our website http://www.consumerrecovery.com for FAQs and more.

CRA is nationally licensed, bonded and insured, and we abide by the legal and ethical guidelines put forth in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and The Association of Credit and Collection Professionals' pledge.

Consumer Recovery AssociatesScam

They called on my cell phone, said they were CRA & that they were collecting a debt on a Premier Visa card. I told her that I never had a Visa, then she said that Visa bought it from Chase Mastercard. The debt is $25K & change, but they'll settle for a little over $3K. I've never had a Mastercard, either & certainly never would run a credit card that high, if I had one! When I asked her about the debt, she said I opened the account in 1998. They would provide no written proof of the debt, citing that they don't have do to this! Even if I owed them money (which I don't) aren't they a little late trying to collect?

• Bi
            bigdeb Aug 27, 2012

For people that have been scammed by illegitimate business' before.. You'll get a call one day. They'll ask if you've been scammed before and you'll be asked some generic questions like for how much? What happened? How long ago was it? Different crap like that. Then they'll give you a 'security code.' Basically they'll want to know the last 4 of your social to set you up long term. With the last 4 of your social, they can verify the amount in your bank account when they get your card #. Then they'll say that a consultant, or advocate.. or whatever will give you a call back and tell you how to get your money back. They'll call you back and spout some information and the Federal Truth in Lending Act.. They always like to use laws that don't even necessarily pertain to the issue at hand to give their schemes some legitimacy. They'll say there's 100% chance of you getting your money back as long as you follow the instructions. It's false of course. They'll force you to give them your credit card numbers ahead of time so that they can "search for the records of the transactions." That's false, of course. Even if the transactions only happened on one card, they'll say that all the cards and all the banks are connected. They just want to know how much you have in your bank accounts before they hit you for the price. They say they'll send something and have yet another person give you a call back.. "Todd Collins." Then they'll have you sign something by email. It says something like 'a price deemed appropriate for services rendered.' So if you don't pay, they'll threaten to have criminal charges filed... 'theft of services.' By law, it's illegal to check funds in a customers account unless a transaction is taking place. Then Todd will give you a call and try to pry the money from you. If "Todd" is unsuccessful, then it's the owners of the company that you'll be talking to next.. It's also illegal for them to ask for any money up front.. in fact, it's illegal for them to ask for any money until 7 days after your money has been recovered. There's a 0% chance you'll recover anything at all if you follow their instructions. And with the false addresses, false names, false numbers... you'll never hear from them again. Anyways.. if you're someone who's been scammed by this, here's some people you might be interested in talking to.

Owners;

Richard Dean (goes by Mark Wright) [protected]
            Deborah Kohlruson (Goes by Ann Scott) [protected]
            Their maid Troi(female) [protected]
            Receptionist [protected]

Personal Address: 14619 E. Desert Vista Trail, Scottsdale, AZ 85262
            Business Address: 501 S. 48th St. Ste. 415, Tempe, AZ 85281
            Website: consumerrecoveryassociates.com

Consumer Recovery Associates(CRA) is a business that has gone by many other names before. Consumer Justice, Business Justice Advocates.. different names like that. CRA is headed by a husband and wife team that met a while ago online and got married the first week they met. One is Richard. Richard has worked in the sales industry for quite some time with an impressive record he likes to boast about. The company Bank Card Empire will probably ring a bell. His best friend who got scammed by him for over $5, 000 to start CRA will tell you about the time they got $80, 000 out of an old lady.
            Deborah was a teacher that took care of mentally disabled children. For some reason that she would never disclose to anyone, she was forced to retire permanently and never allowed to return to any school district.
            Richard regularly partakes in the services of low class escorts.
            They're both morbidly obese.
            They have a very nice but obese young boy they drag along everywhere. Poor kid doesn't have any friends at all besides the 14 dogs they have in their disgusting house. He's home schooled and every single day you can find him moping around their filthy office. They don't ever clean, ever.. The poor kid regularly has candy for dinner. He hasn't had anything to drink besides soda for years. Doesn't wash his clothes. Doesn't brush his hair.
            They semi-regularly attend Phoenix First Assembly of God, and often pray with their victims. One of Deborahs regular lines is, "You have to walk in faith, one step at a time. When you sit in a chair, you have to have faith that it'll hold you."
            They scam their own employees and intimidate them into getting a power of attorney so that they can hide what they're doing. They use several different LLC's and business accounts under the employees name just in case the bank at the time catches on and closes the account. They often write bad checks in the employees name and they 'float' payroll checks through check cashing locations and run up debt for the employee.
            They use what's called a voip(voice over internet protocol) service. It's a internet phone service. Their numbers will show up from places like San Francisco, Hawaii, Nebraska, Carolina, but they're all in the same building, based in Tempe, Arizona. They often give false business addresses like the county clerks office or the municipal court building. All employees are forced to give false names as well, under the guise that the banks don't like them for helping people recover their money.
            They hide under the front of a gaming design business and will say they do "business consulting and software design."
            They won't answer your phone calls, but feel free to leave a message or to stop by ;)

• 1g
            1 Good American Sep 01, 2011

It's amazing to look over these complaints and see how many people complain about being asked to pay their bills. The reason why our economy is in such bad shape is because of irresponsible debtors. This isn't limited to people, it goes much higher, businesses, cities, states and even national governments. It's hard for me to understand why someone thinks they're being mistreated when THEY are the ones who have taken money and not repaid it. As far as I'm concerned that is the same as stealing it. But then again this is just my opinion. I pay my bills, pay my taxes and don't ask for free handouts. Some would say I'm a respectable AMERICAN, somewhat of a dying breed nowadays.

Marcie74 Jun 01, 2011

One more thing, a debt collector must be licensed and bonded in the State of Texas Secretary fo State to attempt debt collection against Texas residents.

Statute of Limitations in TX is 4 years from the daye of last activity ( last payment made) or when an account is charged-off.

Marcie74 Jun 01, 2011

If they call your cell and use your minutes- you can sue for every minute!
            You need to dispute and request Validation form these people.
            Do not talk to them on the phone, by email or fax.
            If they have something to say to you - they can mail it US Mail!
            Do not sign for any mail either!!!
            Make it hard for them, not easy.

Sue them in Federal court for violating FDCPA and the FCRA!

[email protected]

CRAAnnoying Calls

These people keep calling our home number for some lady Ive never heard of before. We've had this number for like 5 years and we still get calls for her. I got fed up with it a few years ago and told the callers to stop or Id report them. They did stop, but only for a few months. Now they are getting more frequent again. The callers never say who they are, and call with an unknown number. All they do is ask to speak to a certain person, like they are friends with her or something, but you can hear other phones and people in the background, and its always someone different calling - they call often enough to be able to tell! When I tell them the lady they are looking for is not here or I have no idea who she is, they hang up on me before i can say anything. This morning when they called, I acted like I knew this lady and was about to hand her the phone. I asked the caller who she was, what her number was, and told her I was writting it down. Then I told her that I planned to report them because of thier non-stop calls. That I dont know the woman they are seeking and have told them many times already.

• Te
              tesoro May 25, 2011

I have been bugged with calls from Consumer Recovery Associates for weeks looking for someone who is not me. This is total harassment, and I am not alone in it. Here I found more complaints about CRA - http://www.everycall.us/phone-number/1-864-502-1011/.

• Te
              tesoro May 25, 2011

They have been bugging me for months with calls from [protected] and [protected]. This is total harassment. Turns out I am not alone in this trouble. Here are more complaints I found - http://www.everycall.us/phone-number/1-864-644-1034/, http://www.everycall.us/phone-number/1-864-502-1011/. I am so sick of Consumer Recovery Associates!

Consumer Recovery AssociatesI don't know

I didn't answer the call so I'm not sure whay they wanted other than speaking to my wife who wasn't at home at the time. I have the gentlemans (?) name and a case number and also a call back number.
            Should I let my wife call them back or can I or should we just wait till they call back>

CRA_Rep Apr 12, 2011

Consumer Recovery Associates meets and exceeds government standards in debt collection practices. We are nationally licensed, and we abide by moral and legal debt collection practices, including the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and The Association of Credit and Collection Professionals pledge.

For more information on CRA, please visit http://www.consumerrecovery.com. If you'd like, please submit a 'Contact A Manager' form on our site, or you can call toll free [protected] to speak with a customer service representative.

CRA — Phone Calls

- I came into work today and checked my voice mails. I received a phone call the previous day at 5:29pm. The...

Consumer Recovery Associates (CRA)3/22/11 called my parents

My parents received a call from CRS asking for me by my former name regarding a debt from over 10 years ago which by Missouri Statute of Limitations is non-collectible. They threatened to contact the IRS and attach my tax refund which I'm not sure a collection agency can do. Never heard this one before. I think they are a scam artist trying to get people to send them money.

I live in Missouri but I'm not sure where they were calling from the number they gave parents is [protected]

CRA_Rep Mar 22, 2011

Consumer Recovery Associates is nationally licensed, bonded and insured, and abides by the legal and ethical guidelines put forth in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and The Association of Credit and Collection Professionals’ pledge. To learn more about the company, please visit http://ConsumerRecovery.com.

If you need to contact a manager, you can submit a form on the website or call [protected].

Consumer Recovery Associates — Liar about an old debt being considered 1099 IRS income

Ms. Thompson called my work phone, illegal. when I promptly returned thier call another rep answered and...

Consumer Recovery Associates (CRA)harrassment calls at work

I received a call from CRA agent John Gibson on Nov. 30, 2010 stating that I owed a credit card bill from 2002. The credit card had been sent to an address in Oregon that I had never lived at. I explained that I had filed a police report in 2008 on several items that had appared on my credit report and the police confirmed it to be identity theft. Mr Gibson began to yell at me and tell me it did not relieve me of paying the bill which he stated was originally $20. and now was $1200. because of interest. I repeated I did not owe the bill and would send him a copy of the police report to which he began spouting threatening things. I told him "where to get off" and hung up.
                The tel. number CRA reached me at is a work number. I work for a elderly disabled person. My client called CRA back and requested them not to call as this was her private number and not mine to which the man started yelling at her and told her "I can call anyone I want and you can't tell me I can't". I looked up on the internet and found they are a Greenville, SC company. Here in California people are not allowed to harrass you at your place of employment. My client is writing a letter to the office of Consumers Affairs in Sacrament to check on the laws that govern an out-of-state company.

sabrinam Nov 30, 2010

I recieved a very similarly rude call from the same gentleman aswell on the same date. This man claims I wrote a bad check when in reality I recieved a cash advance and was released from my work shortly after so I had no funds at the time and have been struggling to keep up with bills. I am now on ssi and still cant afford to barely survive. Sounded like he was trying to take blood from a turnip when the his representative had spoke with me I had asked her a couple simple questions to explain when becuase one minute they made it sound like an overdraft charge on my bank account, and then the next minute the gentleman got on the hone and explained it was a payday loan. Rather than explainng this to me in the first place she got impatient rude and said basically you know what this is about and either your gonna pay it or refuse and said have a nice day while yelling it at me, so I said you to "explicit" she hung up on me while I was trying to explain to her I did not understand because I just my credit report and there was nothing stating a payday loan on there.

Mejias

• Fa
                    Farmdog Nov 30, 2010

Someone posted a blog a couple of days ago with out-of-date numbers for CRA. They change their numbers frequently. I received a call this A.M. Today's number is [protected].

Consumer Recovery AssociatesCollections

I received a disturbing phone call the other day from a lady who I asume was a debt collection agent. She didnt say she was but she told me in her exact words that an old account of mine was past due from 12 years ago and then said something about a 1099 fee or referral. I then thought she was from the IRS so then asked her to slow down and explain the 1099. She then told me to stop interupting her and she would explain. Again she explained and brought up the 1099. I then asked her to clarify her self what the 1099 was for. Was it a $10.99 charge or was she reporting the expired account to the IRS. She then told me very angry to stop playing and if this was my sense of humor. I then told her I would like her to clarify and she started yelling saying to i want to clarify the stuation or not. I then told her to answer my question and she grew angry and said she would just put down that I did not agree to resolve this matter. I then hung up after her and called back at the same time looking up the company on the internet. Another lady answered and I asked what company it was I was calling. She said Consumery Recovery Associates. I asked if this was the same women and she grew angry again. She sounded the same with the same noisy fan background and kid. She explained again and for some reason when it came to the 1099 she would lead me into believing it would be reported to the IRS. Then when I asked her to clarify she would grow angry. I then asked her to talk to someone else and she said sure and hung up on me.. Before we hung up I had repeatidly asked to find out more about the account but no info. These people were rude and had no problem yelling at people.I figured if they were the IRS they would not conduct themselves in an unprofessional manner..

• Pi
                      PIUCA Mar 13, 2011

On 03/10 I recieved a call from Consumer Recovery Agency . A woman left a message on my cell phone without her name I said that she was from CRA. Called back and a gentleman pick up the phone and said that she was his secretaryand that I had a debt of 700.00 with a pay yes payday loan company. Asked mr to validate the dept mr refused and quick he said that we can get into a payment plan and i said that i cando that because I dont recognized the dept. Mr got angry and said good luck and hangup the phone.

CRA_Rep Mar 04, 2011

I apologize for the bad experience with one of our representatives. Please give me a call directly at [protected], or you can fill out a Contact A Manager form on our website: http://www.consumerrecovery.com/contact-a-manager/

We take your feedback seriously and will do everything we can to correct the situation quickly.

Consumer Recovery Associates is nationally licensed, bonded and insured, and we abide by the legal and ethical guidelines put forth in the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and The Association of Credit and Collection Professionals’ pledge.

Kalin Scott, Consumer Recovery Associates President

CRA — Harassment at work

They continually call my work & get different extensions are rude to my co-workers & me. They will not tell...

Consumer Recovery Associates (CRA) — Fraudulent debt collection

They called saying that I owed a debt but could not say who the debt was to or how much. They refused to...

Consumer Recovery Associates — Agressive, harassing debt collection

Returned their call after they left messages on my phone and my mother in law's phone. I thought it wa...