Menu
IC System
reviews & complaints

IC System
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

80 complaints
31 resolved 49 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of IC System. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
2:37 pm EDT

IC System - rude, belitting

In the numerous dealings I have had with IC Systems Collections I have been belittled, told to do what I was told, told that if I paid my bills then I wouldn't be having these problems, been hung up on when trying to give information. I have asked for a statement and was told they don't mail any out and I recieved the first letter so should have been smart enough to keep it for the address and that for me to get a pen and paper and they would give it to me again and not to lose it this time. I tryed to make payment on their website and called the next two days to verify that they got the payment and was told they had. Then a month later was told they never got the payment because I didn't know how to enter the correct information. One person told me that I entered a closed account and the next told me it was returned NSF. When I tryed to look it up at my bank the person from IC System told me that they new it was not paid because they said so and hung up on me. Rude people in a low budget operation. Companies beware!

1:32 pm EDT

IC System - trying to collect debt that I did not incurrred

I.C. System are calling about debt to Excel Immediate Medical Care. Excel Medical Care has never had me as a patient. In addition, there is no legal person at the above address named Betty Hargrove. This is not my legal name which I have told them.
Why would I pay for medical charges which I did not incurred.

Sincerely

Betty Meinecke

31490403-1-79

3 comments
Aug 08, 2009 1:52 pm EDT

Here is their contact information:

IC System Inc
444 Highway 96 East
St Paul, MN 55127

Phone: [protected]

Fax: [protected]

Send them a fax demanding that they stop calling you. It's also a good idea to send a letter as well, CERTIFIED with SIGNATURE. That way, you'll get the signed receipt back and they can never deny that you requested they stop calling you.

Go to the FTC website and fill out the complaint form and submit it. The more complaints, the better.

Hope this helps.

F
Mar 23, 2011 3:45 am EDT

Im not sure I understand?

F
Mar 23, 2011 3:45 am EDT

excuse me

R
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Sometime in March I received a phone call from Bay Area Credit Service, LLC, located in Antioch CA, 94509. I was told that I owed AT&T $158, and asked if I still lived at( some address) in Overland Park, Kansas. Now I know where Overland Park is, but I have never lived there. I explained all this but the only response I got was that I owed this money and...

2:33 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

IC System - this company is a joke

ok...so ive got a phone call from ic systems inc saying i owed about $200 to a company. that theyve sent me a letter explaining. well 2wks go by, never got the letter. they call again saying well we sent the letter you need to pay. well i never got a letter. they have called at least 4 times last month...i finally got a letter today. in it is a website to pay my bill www.yourpayment.com i TRIED to pay my bill...but it said the website was invalid! i cant pay the bill, if the site is invalid. i have very limited time to use on the phone, so paying over the phone is not an option. and i do not have checks to send threw the mail. the only way i can pay is with my visa card. plz try to get this bogus website fixed so i can pay this bill. im very nervous to pay online now too, since the site is down...if it does get fixed...how will i know its actually ic systems and not a scammer? never thought a bill collector would make it so complicated to collect thier money! thats f*ck*ed up! fix this problem immediately! extrmely dissatisfied :(

A
Sep 08, 2010 11:26 am EDT

i had a check that was written out to my bank of $12:00 i called my bank and they say they never heard of this company before and i told them i didn't autherize this company to take any money out of my bank and i never written a check out to them. and it was posted last month but made it to my knew bank i dont give no one my info out.that i dont know.i haven't got any phone calls yet from these people and dont want any.but they need to fix this problem they have cause me with my bank

2:56 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Let's get together and sue IC Systems into oblivion. I'll be posting an email address dedicated to this cause soon. Also, I encourage those of you wrongfully harrassed by this demonic, evil company to notify the SEC, the Securities and Exchange Commission. They are the branch of the government responsible for enforcing the Fair Debt Collection Practice...

D
4:39 pm EST

IC System - fraud

During college I lived in 3 different apartments. I left in good standing, getting a deposit refund from each apartment at the end of my lease. In June 2007, after moving to Las Vegas from Michigan, I began getting collection phone calls from IC Systems. I was genuinely concerned to begin with, and I decided to contact my previous residences. All complexes informed me i owed nothing. Well, the calls kept coming, and to my surprise they were for each complex i lived at and a different amount was requested each time! Now 4 years after i moved out of my first apartment, i have a claim for $116 on my credit report. When I call IC Systems they are rude and won't give me any information regarding the nature of the claim, just that I owe and must pay it now! From here I will be contacting the BBB, my former landlords, and if I must, a lawyer. I will not have these people scamming me and ruining my credit.

2 comments
Feb 20, 2010 1:09 pm EST

Internet / Phone Bullies
Because attempting that ### face to face could be downright detrimental to your health.

Just Trolling :0)

A
Jan 05, 2010 4:42 pm EST

this Acai Berry is a scam all they do is find people account numbers and take MONEY that don't belong to them all THEY DO IS STEAL.SORRY LOW DOWN PEOPLE TAKEN FROM THE USA...ANNA

3:08 pm EST

IC System - rude, dogmatic and unhelpful!

IC Systems sent me a letter stating I owed Verizon $114.04 in fees. I had canceled my service with Verizon almost 6 months ago and was unaware of any outstanding balances with Verizon. I called IC Systems and after waiting on hold for 15 minutes dealt with an operator that was unhelpful and just wanted me to: 1. pay or 2. decline to pay. She would not give me any information as to what the outstanding balance was for... she was rude and constantly talked over me as I was trying to ask her questions. She said calling Verizon would not help and that Verizon would not give me any information regarding the matter.
I hung up the phone and called Verizon.
Verizon said it was a "mistake" on their part and told me they were going to contact the collection agency and revoke the collection, but I should still call IC Systems and let them know the new confirmation # from Verizon stating that they are going to revoke the collection.
And by the way, upon my contacting IC Systems I was admitting to receiving their collection notice, accelerating my due date from 30 days to 5!
If you can, don't deal with IC Systems, unless you intend to pay and I would recommend doing that online. They just want your money regardless if it is legitimate or not! They will not help you in any way.

7:23 pm EDT

IC System - debt not legitimate - i.c. systems doubles amount

I started making payments on a medical bill that went to collections while I was waiting for a hardship waiver from the provider. I made 3 payments to IC Systems and in June, 2008, their online payment screen indicated my balance due was -0-. In Feb. 2009, they started with the harrassment and ignored all info I sent in dispute - including the website page indicating a -0- balance. In July, 2009, they doubled my debt from $7, 193 to $14, 870.

C
11:33 am EDT

IC System - false listing of collections account with credit companies

IC Systems Inc aquired a collection account from PRAXIS who claimed I owed them 56$. ICS mailed me noticed and I responded with a petition that the PRAXIS bill was not mine within the deadline (ICS acknolwedged reciept of my petition). Per ICS rules PRAXIS had 60 days to produce evidence that I purchased this item from them. In less than 30 days of my notice to ICS they reported a collections account to the various credit agencies that watch that stuff.

This is a serious abuse of the the creidt reporting system and an effort by ICS to bully me into paying a bill even while under petition. I confronted one of their agents who admitted that the listing was premature and that they would remove it - we will see.

E
12:13 pm EDT

IC System - illegal communication

I got into trouble after the bank raised my interest on my credit card to an outrageous amount. Until then, I was paying over the minimum and on time. I tried to speak to the bank but they refused to negotiate so I had to stop payments, which ruined my credit. A woman named Coleman has been harrassing me even after she has been told on numerous ocassions to stop her calls. She called my neighbors, friends, relatives and work. I work on an emergency hotline for reporting child abuse, which she tied up one time for at least half an hour or more by calling over and over. Now she will call and threaten to tie up the line again if I don't talk to her. She has called me and yelled at me and demanded to know when I was going to take a break to talk to her. I have asked her repeatedly to stop calling my work. My co-workers have told her the same but she continues to harrass me. The last draw was yesterday morning when she called the hotline and asked to speak to me. When she was told that I was out sick, she told my co-worker that she knew for a fact that I was not sick and was out of state! My co-worker told my supervisor. Lucky for me that my co-worker didn't know I was coming in today, otherwise it could have caused me my job! I thought this kind of behavior was illegal?

2 comments
S
Apr 04, 2008 10:18 pm EDT

I had a account end up with ic systems due to the company not notifying me when my account information wouldn't work due to their staff entering it in wrong. The ic systems inc staff were very rude and would call at 4am even though i had notified them that i have a east coast cell phone number however i live on the west coast i was getting calls every morning. They would not send me anything in writing over this matter. They would not settle this account for a whole 200 dollars which i didn't feel i owed due to never using the services they were trying to charge for. The reps would not help i finally got a sales manager who told me that he would credit this where i did not use the services if i settled to pay them 75 dollars i told him to send me a statement representing this and i would send in the payment for the 75 dollars i never received this statement and when i have called about it since then i have been told the account was credited yet it is still showing delinquent on my credit report and i can not get it removed they are very unhelpful and tell you one thing and do another. Very hard to deal with.

P
Jul 27, 2010 12:42 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This behavior is very illegal. I can't believe there are people out there who think this stuff is ok by any standard. I hope they finally stopped.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

THEY HIRED GHETTO FEMALES WHO CAN NOT SPEAK ENGLISH PROPERLY AND THEIR FAVORITE WORD TO COMMUNICATE WITH CUSTOMERS IS "YUP". I PAID MY ACCOUNT IN FULL BUT THEY ARE TAKING 100 DAYS TO SHOW THAT MY ACCOUNT IS PAID IN FULL! I AM SURE IS BECAUSE OF THEIR LACK OF EDUCATION BUT WHY DO WE (AS CUSTOMERS) HAVE TO SUFFER! THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO CLOSE ITS DOORS BECAUSE...

10:40 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had recently sent a check for the amount of 186.62 for an overdue bill that was due to Petsmart. This collection agency cashed my check yet it still remains unpaid on my credit report.I sent the check on Sept 11th 2009 . As of Oct. 4th 2009 it was listed as unpaid. Collection agencies do nothing but try to bleed you dry. This is extortion to say the least...

S
8:44 am EDT

IC System - calls everyday after 9pm

I've told these people that eBay has limited my account and so has PayPal and that is why my so called debit hasnt been paid to eBay for doing nothing. Not only does eBay screw you when you sell things by charging a million fees they screw you with PayPal as well, because they charge you fees as well and if you didn't know, eBay owns PayPal. Then after they restrict your account and tell you you can't have your $600 dollars that you have in PayPal they send a collection agency after you. OKAY THAT MAKES SENSE. They limited both my eBay and PayPal accounts so i can't use PayPal to pay eBay online and i can't get my money out of PayPal, then they hit you with a bunch of bogus charges and jack up the price. That's how i got to where this so called collection agency is calling non stop for the past week. they call everyday 3 or 4 times a day. They have even called past 9PM one time and this morning they called at 8 am on a sunday. I dont care what you say this company is wrong. i have even told them I will be sending a check Via FedEx on moday morning. they still dont listen. After all that the young lady hung up on me because i was a little angry and told them the story. Hey lady if your going to be in the business to screw people be prepared to have people tell you you and your company is a piece of S***.

2:09 pm EDT

IC System - rude and unprofessional

This agency has been calling my voicemail and leaving messages to the point of interrupting me at work, a new job, and being downright rude when I explained I am already working with a debt reduction agency and that they will be making arrangements for my settlement as soon as I am able to begin receiving checks from my new employer.

I recommend they be reported to the better business bureau for harrassment practices that are illegal. I shall now send them a Cease and desist letter, and if they do not honor this I will have a lawyer contact them for their violations of my privacy.

The manor in which they spoke to me is rude and irresponsible.

I

They can lick my [censored]

3:45 pm EDT

IC System - horrific customer service

IC Systems was hired by Chase to collect a debt from myself. I spoke with several customer service reps and I was assured that all communication was being documented in my file. In the day and age of electronic identity theft, it's normal for skepticism from customers in giving personal information like social security and checking account numbers over the phone. I was also told on several occasions that once the debt was paid brought to current I would stop receiving constant calls. (I'm talking 2 to 3 times in an hour)

I gave my payment information to a C.S. rep and was told that I was current and would receive a letter of receipt in 5 business days. The following day I received yet another call, more harsh this time asking again for information to rectify account. I told them that I'd already paid my amount and received a reference number. The rep said there was nothing documented in the account, although I was told it would be. I spoke with someone who claimed to be a Supervisor, told him of my dilemma and he told me that was my problem and my fault. I asked for his name, because he obviously wasn't giving me the level of respect I felt I deserved and he told me that he would not give me his name. I asked again and he laughed. (Can you believe that!)

Regardless, somehow the amount was extracted from my account. So, they obviously don't know how to adequately run their business and I am honestly surprised they have such a large client while conducting business like this.

U
Sep 23, 2010 10:28 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I just received a call from IC Systems company demanding that I remit in full what I owed the bank. I intend to make 3 payments to clear it . Tup. I am disabled and not living in my own home. I pay rent and other bills and make copayments for my doctor visits and medicines, which are many. My health is failing. This lady calls me and is arguing with me on the phone, telling to do this or that. She gave me an address and phone number in St. Paul, MN to send my payment. I hung up on them and will block this # from my phone. I will deal directly to my bank, I will not send them a dime. They were very rude and almost gave me a heart attack over the phone. They should be turned over to the BBB for crude tactics and unprofessional like phone manners. I was very upset and will not deal with them again.!

G
9:32 pm EDT

IC System - harrassing calls

These people need to seriously take a course in customer service. They are rude, talk over you and even sometimes raise their voice. I have flat out told this company several times that I'm currently out of work and have no income at all coming in and getting ready to lose car and apartment...I told them I will pay when I start working. They continue to call and the other night, one employee had me so upset I started having chest pains. It should be illegal for them to call and upset people the way they do. I told him I worked in collections for 6 years and I knew the rules. I told him to quit calling and contact me by mail only...he said that wasn't how it worked. They continue to call no matter what. Like the previous person, I just won't answer my phone. There is a recession going on, haven't they heard?! How can you set up a payment plan when you have no income at all coming in! I would not even talk to these people on the phone. They are beyond being able to discuss anything rationally. Of course, they have a job and they're getting made so I"m sure they don't care! I go hope someone puts them out of business! My next step is to contact companies that I know of that they do business for!

Feb 20, 2010 1:10 pm EST

Internet / Phone Bullies

Just Trolling :0)

8:35 pm EDT

IC System - harrasing phone calls

IC System have been repeatedly calling my office asking for someone I don't even know. I tried to convince them they had the wrong phone # but they persist. When I complained to the "supervisor" inquiring their contact information, I was insulted, cut-off, and ultimately hung up on. I learned they were "IC Systems" and that's it. NO address, phone #. They still call me, bizarre. Maybe they get paid by the #of phone calls made per hour?

T
6:43 pm EDT

IC System - scam and cheating

I started receiving calls from IC systems, since June 1, first on my home phone, now on my cell phone number. The caller first ask me to id myself, then ask me to verify my social security #. When I refused, he says he will call back; then hangs up. Well, my husband and I were on vacation last week, and this guy kept call me at all hours. I finally, blocked that number from my cell phone, but he continues to call my home phone. Thank God for caller ID. The thing is, I don't know why he's calling, but I think it's from an old cell phone company from 4 or 5 years ago.

Oct 17, 2008 11:52 am EDT

Someone from this company had the nerve to call my Mom's house. I have not lived there for over 21 years. They told her that was the number they had to contact me. That was a complete lie, they found her number in the phone book. I would not use her phone number for a contact for me.

She said they were completely rude and tried drilling her for more information on how to reach me. She told them to never use her phone number to try and reach me and then in turn they called again the next day.

4:04 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I need to have someone (a lawyer) take these wastes of skin to task for their unprofessional and disgusting business practices. I AM LAID OFF, I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF MONEY COMING IN, MOST OF IT IS ALREADY ALLOTTED TO OTHER EXPENSES. They call at ALL of the unallowed times for debt collectors to call, they are crude - harassing and demeaning. I am SICK...

P
2:00 pm EDT

IC System - anonymous calls

I received an anonymous call, with no one responding when I answered (I believe more than once), so I used *69 to get the phone number. IC Systems answered when I called back. Because I refused to identify myself to someone who had called anonymously, they refused to answer my questions abou their purpose, and refused to remove me from their call list.

I feel no responsibility to answer anyone's questions until I know what is going on. I resent calls where the calling party vanishes from the line.

3 comments

oh and then when you do identify yourself you CANNOT know what they want until you verify your private information like your social security number! I refuse to verify that sort of thing on the phone! I mean seriously tell me what you want and i will talk to you but be jerks and you get nothing!

Well when they repeatedly call your home and they ask for a certain person and that person is the one that answers the phone and asks what they want then there should be some sort of response by the person that is calling not getting rude and DEMANDING to know exactly whom they are talking to without even explaining that it is " a personal business matter" as most of the collection agencies do. I mean seriously the phone is in the name of the person they are trying to get ahold of so why would they have to be total aholes about it and not state what it is they want.

D
Dec 09, 2009 3:27 am EST

I can understand where you are coming from on this. However, the anonymous calls with no-one responding is an automated computer system calling to see if the number is still good (not disconnected) and if there is someone answering the phone. The collectors have no control over that.

When you call in, the collectors need a phone number to look up to find your account. Without that, the only information they can provide you about IC System is "We handle personal business matters for people". That's it. They can't say anything more.

They can't remove your number and the reason for that is they don't know what number you are calling from. If they don't have the number, they can't look up and see what account they are calling. Once they have the account they can verify if they have the right person or perhaps they are calling the wrong number.

If you don't give them your number, you will keep getting calls. Sorry.

IC System contacts