Complaints & Reviews

IC Systemsthey keep harassing me at work

This company started calling me at work last month. I didn't regonize the call so I didn't answer the call. I looked up the company and saw it was a collection agency so of course I don't want to talk to them at work. But what's even worse is the # of times they call. I count they call min 8 times a day and max 10 times a day. They even call when I'm not at work which is 9:00 pm my time. Isn't there a law about them calling more than 8 times a day and if you ask them to stop calling you at work they are suppose to?

• Syms is the collection agency that Sallie Mae uses for my loan. I am 9 days past due and Sysms calls every day 2-7 times per day on an automated dialer.

They refuse to listen to any reason whatsoever. I get calls starting at 7 in the morning into the night at 9:00 at night.

I encourage you to save the times on your phone that they are calling and write a complaint to the consumer protection agency.

These greedy ### are taking collection practices to an all time LOW. It is only about the money with SYMS.

• B
      /b/ Feb 20, 2010

Internet / Phone Bullies
      Because attempting that ### face to face could be downright detrimental to your health.

Just Trolling :0)

IC Systems, Inc — not returning my money

In December 2008, I contacted IC Systems to set up payment dates for an outstanding debt.I had set up 3 date...

I.C. Systems, Inc.harassing phone calls

After repeatedly telling the dim-witted representatives of I.C. Systems, Inc. that the person they were calling wasn't at my phone number, they continued with their (beyond) rude phone calls. They wouldn't give me any information regarding the nature of their business or the reason for their calls. But the calls kept coming! Those poor poor uneducated people! The only thing they can to is dial a phone number..any phone number...and rudely harass anyone who will answer the phone! This company obviously hires any nasty uneducated foul mouthed individual who has absolutely no clue whatsoever!! I.C. Systems, Inc. YOU ARE A SAD SAD PATHETIC entity...

• Ge
        GETTING ANGRIER Sep 09, 2009

I have had to talk to some extremely rude people in my line of work BUT NEVER HAVE I HAD TO DEAL WITH ANYONE like they hire at this compnay. They do not listen when you tell them they debt is being taken care of even thought I know that Chase hase received their proposal and their 1st payment. Isn't it illegal to continue calling me when they have ALREADY CASHED THE CHECK?

I.C. System, Inc.calling my work number

Some man named Ryan Hall from IC. Systems calls my work phone and precedes to tell me that I owe him 235.00 for an account back in 2007. I have received no comunication from these people until today 2/13/09. As far as I know this person could be a fraud. He claims they sent an email to my yahoo account which I don't even know if I have anymore. I asked him to send me information in the mail and he immediately starting saying just when do you plan on taking care of this and just how long is it going to take you to turn around this money. I let him know as soon as I researched the information with my bank since you state that is for insufficent funds from a check you sent through. I again I asked for my account information he had with his company and he preceeded to harrass me so I hung up. Before hanging up I attempted to ask him if I could call him back he did give me a number and then was on and on about how long this was going to take me to turn around. I am not sure.

mark2vic Feb 13, 2009

There are over 2000 complaints online about IC Systems Collections tactics and errors. They are very aggressive on work phone numbers that they shouldn't even be calling. They call numbers after being informed that the number belongs to someone else (like your work number does too btw) and will mislead their purpose, stating they are trying to help the target with an emergency. They will deny being a collection agency when asked directly. Not sure if any of them are warm-blooded mammals or not. Even class action suits may not stop their way of doing business. If you can, try to litigate against the company/person that brings ICS into the mix. That is the most effective way to deal with them so far.

• Wh
          wheresteddy Jun 27, 2009

if so many complaints have been made... why the FREAK are they still doing business!? I, on behalf on everybody, demand that JUSTICE is served. Something MUST be done...

I.C. Systemsconstant phone messages with no information re purpose of call. no prior notice of any debt being collected

Constant automated messages to my home phone requesting call back regarding a "business matter". Referral number is [protected]. When I call this number requesting information about the purpose of the call I am told I cannot be given this information unless I tell them my telephone number. When I ask why I would need to do this considering that they have called me and therefore must have my number I am told they cannot give out any information because of "privacy" requirements. I have no outstanding debts I know of and I have not received any correspondence about an unpaid debt. I am told the calls will continue to be made. This is harrassment and invasion of my privacy. What government agency or agencies can address my complaint?

• Pa
            PayYourBIlls Feb 14, 2009

I would call them and give them your number. They may be calling for variety of reasons and probably call thousands of people a day. If you give them the number where they were trying to reach they will be able to give you more information. You never know it could be a wrong number and they can remove it for you if it is.

• Ha
            Harrassing phone calls Feb 26, 2009

I too have received calls from this agency but they don't leave a message. When I call them back, I do give them my phone number and am then told it must be a mistake because they don't have my number on record. When I told them they must have my number because they keep calling me, they tell me to make sure I get a reference number the next time. When the first person told me this, I told her they never leave a message so how am I supposed to get a reference number. She responded by saying in a very rude voice, "Eh, answer your phone?" I left a message on a voice mail this morning to a supposed supervisor telling him if they don't stop calling me I will report them to the State Attorny's Office. I asked him to call me back but he hasn't so far.

• Ih
            I hate the phone too May 06, 2010

I have been getting calls from IC Systems for months and as I screen my calls I usually don't pick up. Today I did, May 6th at 1:48 Eastern and got a message to "hold on, someone will be with you." The RUDE man kept asking for an April Harmon of whom I do not know. He confirmed the phone # and won't answer any questions' just kept asking if I knew an April Harmon. One more phone call and I also am going to register a complaint with the attorney General's office.

• Ju
            Julez Mar 18, 2011

I too have recevcied number of calls from this harrassing phone calls from this agency as well and the lady i spoke to was very nice i had a medical bill for my daughter and when i was done paying my bill with her i asked if i had anything else in there office for me she said that i have another bill for my other daughter i said ok and i asked her to send me a letter on that one because the last time they sent me a letter was back in 2008 we are in 2011 and i moved since then they tell me i have to request it in writing i told her that i did not receve the one letter they sent out and i did not foward my mail. Also the last time they sent out a letter they put it attachen to my daughter who at the time was only 2 years old I told her today that the law requires you to notify someone of the debt and if not then it is against the law she was rude and just told me to request another letter in writing i told her that if she wants to get paid to request that in writing. I am going to send them a letter requesting that they stop calling me unitl they provide a letter and only contact me by mail it is called a ceist and decist.

IC System — fraud and cheating

I nominate a telephone representative of IC Systems as perhaps the most detestable person I have ever had...

I.C. System — unfair debt collections

I strongly agree they don't want to work with you . They just want to harass you and lie . They told me...

IC Systems — false collection

IC system Collection agency is ignorant and without ability. They have called me three times in a week and...

IC Systemrude and obnoxious collection agency

IC Systems has the most unprofessional and ignorant employees I have ever dealt with in my life. They all give fictitious names when you ask them to identify themselves. On 9/3/08 I was called by a female who would not identify herself. She was asking for personal information which I was reluctant to provide; especially since I did not know who she was or who she represented. She was very rude and talked very badly to me. I called back and asked for a supervisor. A very ignorant individual who claimed his name was Eric Anderson got on the line and proceeded to try endlessly to humiliate me. He made a joke out of my medical condition, told me repeatedly to close my mouth while he was talking, and told me numerous times to just stop with the excuses and pay my bill. He was asking me to tell him what I did with my paycheck. I will definitely escalate this matter to the atty general’s office. This company should be closed down. Their $8.00 an hour customer service reps need to be sent to a training class for customer service. The companies who contract their services need to pull their business. I will make it a point to contact the company and share the recorded conversation I made of the call. Shame on IC Systems for thinking I did not have enough sense to record the second conversation. Thank God, my best friend is a lawyer who has agreed to take this case pro bono. I will be suing both IC Systems and the company who contracted their services for emotional distress. Let’s see who has the last laugh now.

• C
              c Sep 19, 2008

you are an idiot.
              pay your bills and quit draining the economy.
              emotional distress?? are you kidding me?

first of all..by law, we don't have to use our real names for our security.

secondly...all calls are recorded anyway

and finally...it's a lot more than 8 an hr. (we can pay our bills)

• Ms
              Ms. I Care Jan 15, 2009

I agree with this complaint against I C Systems. I too experienced a rude and obnoxious customer service representative. The comments posted by an I C S employee only confirm their unprofessional manner in which they operate. They some how got a hold of my daughter's cell phone number and harrassed her. They call people out of their names and make threats. I agree with the point - "Companies should not use this company. " I can't imagine the amount of law suits that will take place because of the actions of this company. I was also told I could take I C S to court. After reading this posting, I am going to greatly consider this. I understand they have a job to do, however, they do need training as to how they should interact with people who are vicitims of job loss. The comment was made about the safety of the staff at I C S, what about the consumer's safety? I C S has our addresses and could easily harm us. As a matter of fact I have told friends if anything should happen to me or my family, they should be the first suspects.

• Dm
              dmertz Aug 20, 2009

Agree totally. I have received over 10 calls from a number I did not recognize with only a recorded message if anything when I answered. Finally some answered, I was in the middle of rush hour traffice, not exactly a situation where I could focus on the call. The person was rude and demanding. I had no idea I even owed the money. I had moved but was at the address for 6 months after the bill (surgery) was incurred and 5 months after the insurance had paid. The bill was 177. I never received an invoice from Hermann Memorial Hospital or the anesthesiologist, Dr Elk for the amount. I had paid other little bills that trickle in after surgery, this one never arrived. Then IC Systems entered all mighty and glorious, hiding behind their computers, not leaving a message so that you could contact them, get the information, and then resolve the situation. He told me how I was ruining my credit, I should give him my credit card # to pay the bill, etc. I tried to explain to him, that I would not give anyone my credit card over the phone, especially someone like them, I did not even know if I owed the amount or not. He was rather indignant that I would question their integrity, ha. I assured him that I was not questioning the integrity of the company but reminded him of ID theft, the times we live in etc. He still demanded that I pay. I refused and told him I wanted to check the demand out first to make sure it was legitimate. Just awful. I did call the hospital business office the next day, they had the turned it over and verified it was a legitimate bill. I went up to IC payment site and paid the bill. They need to train their staff and review their procedures. Hospitals, business offices also need to review their practices. They are not the only player on the block, we are their customers. A friendly phone call goes a long way in cases where it is a cases of communication or lack thereof, one is not running from a bill, just doesn't know about it. Not leaving a friendly message on the first call, stating that there has been a request for collection, please call such and such number so this matter can be resolved, is just plain stupid on the hospital, business office, and the collection agency's part.

IC System — illegal and harassing 3rd part phone conversation

I am complaining about the very rude and unprofessional conduct as well as ILLEGAL activity on behalf of a...

IC Systemsharassment/poor business practices

These people have been calling me for the past 7 weeks looking for someone named Irma Mendoza, everytime they call I press the option for wrong # and update records, they can't seem to get the message that Irma does not have my phone number anymore, even after 7 updates. Clearly they cannot read between the lines and must be pretty piss poor at collecting money, I will certainly never use them for any of my business needs.

John Strauch

I.C. Systems, Inc. — illegally withdrew money from my checking account

On July 30, 2008, I.C. System, Inc., illegally deducted $135.00 from my personal checking account. I paid...

I.C. Systems, Inc. — harrassment about about amount owed

Back in December of 2007, I received a phone call from Jan Ward(?) of I.C. Systems, Inc. with a phone number...

IC Systems, Inc. — harrassing phone calls

This company calls every day, five or six times a day, beginning at 8:15am or so, and continuing until 9:00pm...

I.C. Systems — how to stop the calling?

I am 13 years old and during the day since it is summer break, I am babysitting my 10 year old sister. I.C...

IC Systems, Inc.wrong number/continue to call

This company began calling my home on July 12, 2008. The second time their ID showed up, I decided to answer it even though I had no idea who they were or what they wanted. Since my son is on the road a lot, I felt I should answer it in case there was an emergency of some sort. I said, "Hello ... hello" (automated call). This woman comes on and asks for "Mary". I said you have the wrong number. She said, "You're not Mary?" No, I am not Mary. She asked me to verify my phone number by saying it out loud so it could be recorded, then it would be deleted from the system. Well I did, and guess what? They didn't delete it from the system. In one week they had called more than 21 times. They called again while I was at home and I answered it again. Voice on the other line sounded much like the first lady. Since my conscience bothered me after the first call, I sweetly told her again there was no Mary at that number and I hung up. Called again yesterday. This time it's a guy on the line. He asks for "Mary" and I say you have the wrong number for the third time. He asks me to verify my number out loud. I say "no." You have the number in your database so I don't see a need for that. He is screaming at me telling me YOU HAVE TO REPEAT THE NUMBER but I hang up. Does this qualify for harassment? My next step is filing a complaint against this company with the FTC. If they continue my next call will be to the local prosecuting attorney to find out what actions I should take.

• Er
                  erika Aug 01, 2008

file your complaint!! i am researching how to send them to the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU! they probably are scamming people. I got the same automated call but they had the right name and wanted me to verify myself with the last four digits of my social security number. then, i asked them what the dept was...and it was never mine!! they stated a wrong address and it was two states away, where i have never lived! lol stupid people

• La
                  Laurie Sep 25, 2008

Forget the better business bureau. They do nothing against dues paying members. Collecting those dues are more important than helping the consumer.

• Je
                  Jennifer Oct 13, 2008

I had this same thing happen to me only they were calling my cell phone. When I told them the town in which they were calling was not even in my area code, they still insisted I was lying to them so that I didn't have to pay them. They continued to call several times a day and were threatening and harrassing to me. It took me calling the Minneapolis police to make them stop. An officer had to call them to tell them I was getting ready to file harrassment charges for them to remove my name. They did stop calling, but about 30 days later the calls started again. I reminded them of what I did and they quit calling. Call the police dept immediately if they continue to call you!!!

• Be
                  Becky Oct 22, 2008

IC Systems just called me asking for someone that used to have this phone number (someone I do not know). Melinda spoke to me in a very nasty tone of voice when I told her that she had the wrong number and asked where she was calling from. I asked to talk to her supervisor. She transferred me to a man whose name I did not catch. I explained to him that Melinda had called me in error and then been very nasty. He told me that he would never believe me over her and that he wouldn't listen to a lecture from me about how to run his office. I asked again for the name of the company, which he refused to give me saying that he was only obligated to give that information once. He also would not repeat his name. I used *69 to get the phone number and called back to get the name of the company. I again reached Melinda, who was again very nasty. She said if I wanted to know what kind of business it was I would have to look it up online, so I did.
                  I'm just in shock that someone can be that nasty for a living. How do they live with themselves?

• Ji
                  Jim Nov 05, 2008

They are doing the same thing to me calling for someone that does not live at my number, I have informed them 4 times and they keep calling I have filed with the FTC 3 times now. I’m going to send a registered letter this week and then if they do not stop I will file in small claims court for damages. I say take $ from them and they will learn.

Christine Nov 08, 2008

I recieved a phone call on Thursday November 6. They asked for my mother, in which I replied that she doesn't live at this residence. The woman said " Thank You" and hung up. But guess what ... she called again the following day. I didn't answer. Well here it is Saturday the 8th of November and I get another call. I answer this time to tell them to please delete my number from their call list. Same woman as the first call on the 6th. I told her yet again that my mother doesn't live here and that I want my number taken off the list. I told them that it was illegal to phish for numbers of people who might have contact with the person whose debt is in question . She then proceeded to tell me that my number was listed as a contact number for my mother. FALSE. I know for a fact my mother would never give my number for a contact number. After I told this WOMAN this she yelled at me " give me her number" two or three times. In which I replied " take my number off your call list". Instead of saying, yes, this b***h told me she wasn't going to take my number off and she was going to continue to call, then she hung up.

Excuse me but I am not even the one who owes a debt and I am not authorized to hand out anyones phone number much less some one I love to harrassing b***hes. I believe that the person who called me was a contracted debt collector. Employed by I.C. Systems, but one that works from home. One it is Saturday and the 888 number for I.C Systems states that their office is closed, I left a fairly demanding message stating I wanted a supervisor not a customer service rep to return my call. I continued trying to call the number on my caller i.d. to get in touch with a supervisor. But my call was disconnected everytime. Giving me reason to believe that it was an at home debt collector avoiding my calls.

Well it really pissed me off that she refused to remove my number and then threatened me in saying she was going to continue to call, that I felt obliged to contact my local police. I called the Sheriff's Office and asked if there was anything to be done in regards to my encounter. Sure enough the very nice officer told me to contact a man who handles these cases and that he is the one to contact if and when this happens. So if you have these problems, just contact law enforcment because it is a form of harrassment.

I did some research on this company after I spoke with the Sheriffs Office . Let me say, why hasn't this company been shut down yet? I haven't read one decent thing about this company. I also so a bit where someone pressed charges against the company in the state of Texas. But regardless. Everyone has the same complaint. Harrassing calls, rude personel, threats, and refusal to remove contact numbers from their ever dialing call list.

So if it keeps happening call law enforcement. This isn't even my debt I owe but it just chaps my a** that I am getting harrassed. I will follow up on Monday with the man I am told to contact and hopefully get something done. I will also follow up on the 888 number for I .C Systems to lodge a complaint with them and tell them that I see its a common thing. I really hope this foul company goes down as a result of its blatant refusal to follow the guidelines of the Fair Debt Collection P ractices Act. For more information on it I found this website.

• Ke
                  keeva Nov 15, 2008

i totally agree today i called them to find out about this debt that they claim i owe because the company themselves who ic says i owe never contacted me and same thing personnel were very rude and like someone else said she keep trying to to talk over me i filed a complaint with the better business BUREAU.

• Fr
                  Friendly66 Jul 15, 2009

IC Systems calls my house also.They are trying to collect on a debt, that they say I owe from a Dentist Office.I do not owe this
                  Dentist anything.The last time I went to that Dentist he didn't
                  even do the work he was supposed to do.I didnt receive a bill.
                  Now this was in 08.If I had owed that Dentist anything, he would
                  have contacted me way before now.This Dentist has hired IC
                  Systems to collect $64.00 from me, that I dont even owe.A man
                  called my house from IC Systems one day.My brother answered
                  the phone and the representative was very nasty.I am writing
                  IC Systems a letter to let them know, I am going to contact the
                  FTC.I am also going to report the Dentist Office and maybe
                  turn the Dentist into the Dental Board.

• Ls
                  lscrivner Oct 28, 2009

I C Systems keeps calling our home wanting to speak to my son-in-law. We have told them numerous times that he does not live with us and to quit calling our number, but they continue to call. We were getting phone numbers on our caller ID but the last few calls said "private number". I ask the caller what this was in regards to before I gave them a phone number. And he said "What are you, his boss?" I said "I might be, I am his mother-in-law". That shut him up. I need to find a way to keep these people from calling and would file a formal complaint.

IC System — fraud

IC systems just offered me a settlement for 60% but did not want to send me a letter in writing, I advised...

IC Systemsharassing, relentless phone calls

IC Systems has been calling 7 days / wk for about 2 months now with harassing phone calls. My wife answered the phone one time, and they asked about a credit card we do not have. Within 2 questions, they were asking for Social Security information, which she refused to give. Because she refused to give any further information, they said they would continue to call and call. And they have. Listing their numbers on the "Do Not Call Registry" doesn't work. They use a variety of phone numbers. They easily call between 5-10 times a day. At least caller ID allows us to never have to pick up when they call.

• Vi
                    virgocalifornia Nov 15, 2008

Fair Trade Commission states that collectors are prohibited from "repeatedly use the telephone to annoy someone". I would file a complaint with FTC and also with the Association of Credit and Collection Professionals (ACA). IC Systems boasts their membership with this organization when they market their services to creditors. ACA prohibits conduct that violates their Code of Code and Code of Ethics (which is in line with Fair Credit Act). If they can substantiate your claim they can strip IC Systems of their prestigious membership which would make them less competitive in the market. Then maybe less creditors will want to give them business in fear of a lawsuit therefore eventually putting them out of business. Or at least if enough people file a complaint with ACA maybe it will raise red flags and the organization will scrutinize their affiliation with IC Systems. It's worth the time.

IC Systems, Incrude, threatening and abusive behavior

Everyday, very early in the morning and late at night we get phone calls from this company. We answer the phone and a pleasant woman fields the call to an abusive male debt collector.

Our account came past due on our cell phone with Sprint. IC Systems says that they bought the debt from Sprint and we now have to pay them. When we try to set up payment arrangements they either hang up on us or say "Refusal to pay noted on your account" then hang up. I called them back...I was ready for a good fight. I explained what had happened to the new operator and he tried to do the same thing. I was having none of it. I told him that it was NOT a refusal to pay, that we are trying to arrange to pay the debt in full the following Friday (which happens to be our pay day). He then yelled at me "How is this NOT a refusal to pay?!" I calmly replied back that it was not a refusal as I am trying to set up the payment arrangement. After he continued to yell at me, I told him not to call the house again that I would be contacting an attorney and hung up on him...all the while he is still yelling and screaming at me/over me.

I then decided that since it was so late in the evening (9 pm) I would call customer service for Sprint. The woman I spoke to about the debt was incredible. She was kind, curtious and apologized for something beyond her control. She told me that NO the debt had not been sold to anyone, but YES it had been placed in coleection, BUT would not be sold until July 3rd. We found reprieve! We made arrangements to pay the debt in full and have service restored with a much better plan. I am DYING to speak with IC Systems again...through a lawyer.

I have told them not to call again as we are aware of the debt. After doing this any call that comes after is harassment and I will be recording them (letting the caller know that it is being recorded). Needless to say, I am angry with this company and the people that they have working for them. This is bad business no matter how you look at it.

• Sp
                      specialist Jul 08, 2008

i disagree... ic system has been nothing but nice to me with helping me set up a payment arraingment!
                      i dont think they would have marked your refusal if you would have just set up a post dated check by phone. that would have solved that whole issue, because then they can secure that account from credit reporting. problem solved.

• Sp
                      specialist Jul 08, 2008

de de de. your a debtor.

ANNA B. Jul 10, 2008

just set up a payment plan, they will work with you
                      its a collection agency for sake, give them a guaranteed payment
                      or just pay it and dont put yourself in that position again
                      sorry but thats what comes with not paying your bill, , , , collections plus your credit report marked bad

John Sep 13, 2008

I canceled my sprint account in may 2008 because my phone was stolen and the bll was $300 and the customer service was unwilling to help in anyway. My bill was normally $100 per mont. I recieved a bill in June for $800 dollars which I did not have at the time. I made $100 payments June July And August. In August I received a letter form I C Systems stating that It would go on my credit report if I did not pay in full by 8-29-08. How could it be sent to collections if I never stopped making payments? Anyway I payed it in full 9-12-08 but it is already on my credit report. Does this sound like fair credit reporting?

Any comments?

IC Systemsharassment

They call me a work and threaten me they call me all hours of day and night via computer at least 10 to 14 times a day. I tried talking to them they just get rude and explain how they can take my house and I could lose my job etc... It's harassment abuse.

They tell me they don't care they have the law on their side and they will ruin my life they made it clear. They get bonus and commission off every cent they collect.

• Valerie Oct 15, 2008

I C Systems has continued harassed me about a bill that I verified with the provider doesn't exist. They have confused me with another person with my same name that lived in Virginia in the last ten years.

I have mentioned this to these people, again and again, that I have verified with the provider that I don't owe them any money. However, they have continued to use harsh language and threaten me. Their conduct and practices are totally improper and should not be allowed to do business.

They also did this with the State of Virginia claiming I never filed a tax return. I just received a letter from the Treasurer of the state stating my account was in good standing.

• Hn
                        Hnyhtwn Oct 16, 2008

A company call Allied Data Have a Collector to call my home 3x in one back to back because I do not knnw the person he was calling I try to expalin to the young I just rec'vd this number He kept. cussing me out, also my daughter pick up the other phone he curse her out to. I stop him the first time he had the wrong#. I call the company and spoke with Operation Mgr. No help. he just brush me off the said he took # out . That not good enough .

• Sh
                        Sherry Waldrop Nov 26, 2008

These are the rudest people I have ever talked to. They have made comments to my kids, which is totally unexceptable. They are rude from the first moment you call except for a lady named Latasha, she was very helpful and tried to help. I explained to them I had accepted a settlement and now they are trying to say that is no good and have doubled the amount. They should be put out of business. Calling my house then my cell phone within a minute of each other. Several times a day. This use to be harassment.

• Ji
                        Jill Dec 03, 2008

They call almost constantly, and I finally picked up to tell them to put me on the do not call list to ask for my grandfather, who passed away recently.
                        I tell them he passed away and they start asking for his power of attorney. We never had any dealings with them, and don't plan to.
                        The calls come about four times a day.