Hyundai Motor America2013 hyundai sonata engine

J Oct 10, 2018 Review updated:

I am the proud owner of 2 Hyundai vehicles. My first, a 2013 Elantra, has been an absolute gem. I liked it so much I bought another Hyundai - this time a 2013 Sonata. I bought this car for my daughter who is away at college. I wanted her to have a reliable vehicle. The other night, while driving late in the evening on a busy road, the engine started to smoke and then completely shut down. I was told today that the car needs a new engine. My complaint is that there was zero warning from the electronics of the car - no "check engine" or "oil" lights ever came on, and the oil had completely burned up. There were no leaks at all when checked. I am now forced to pay over $5, 000 for a complete engine replacement. I do not think this should happen especially since there was no alert that anything was wrong with the vehicle. I am thankful my daughter was not hurt. I would appreciate anything Hyundai can do or offer to make this right.

John M. Ruffini
1915 Lakemont Avenue
Unit 335
Orlando, FL 32814
410.829.8231

Anne Fischer Nov 21, 2018

Dear John Ruffini,
    The 2013 sonata was recalled because the engine died on 500, 000 cars. Contact Hyundai to get a reimbursement for new engine.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices