Hyundai Motor America — 2013 hyundai sonata engine
I am the proud owner of 2 Hyundai vehicles. My first, a 2013 Elantra, has been an absolute gem. I liked it so much I bought another Hyundai - this time a 2013 Sonata. I bought this car for my daughter who is away at college. I wanted her to have a reliable vehicle. The other night, while driving late in the evening on a busy road, the engine started to smoke and then completely shut down. I was told today that the car needs a new engine. My complaint is that there was zero warning from the electronics of the car - no "check engine" or "oil" lights ever came on, and the oil had completely burned up. There were no leaks at all when checked. I am now forced to pay over $5, 000 for a complete engine replacement. I do not think this should happen especially since there was no alert that anything was wrong with the vehicle. I am thankful my daughter was not hurt. I would appreciate anything Hyundai can do or offer to make this right.
John M. Ruffini
1915 Lakemont Avenue
Orlando, FL 32814
More Hyundai Motor America Complaints & Reviews
- Hyundai - hyundai customer services, in south africa
- Hyundai Motor Finance Company - unsolicited phone calls
- Hyundai Television - manufacturing defect
- Hyundai Santro Xing - crankshaft of my santro xing 2004 model is defective!
- Hyundai / Getz - paint
- Hyundai Wonderboom - damage caused by workshop and other damage not repaired
- Hyundai Motor America - service at kearny mesa
- Hyundai Motor America - no power steering
- Hyundai of New Port Richey - my car was a lemon!!!
- Deep Hyundai - poor performance