HSN.com / Innova, Inc. / Ultrex Gourmet Quality Cookwareinnova out of business according to hsn, all ultrex warranty are not supported

I have purchased a 17 piece Ultrex Gourmet Quality Cookware set from HSN with a 50 year Warranty. After using the pots and pans, the teflon part of it started peeling off. I have attempted to contact HSN about the product and they could not find a record in their system using my home telephone number for 20 years that I have purchased the product. Ultrex has breached the Warranty of their Product. The product did not perform the quality as it was advertised on HSN show. I was hoping to get address or contact information for Innova, Inc.

• Updated by GXP · Jul 18, 2018

The third charge was for $1261.60 (correction).

• Jr
    J Roster Apr 13, 2020

I also am a victim of owning this Ultrex cookware. The teflon has come off of the pans and several handles on the lids have come off. I recently contacted HSN and was told pretty much the same as all previous posters. They couldn't find my act #, couldn't find my phone # etc. I explained to them when I purchased these, I was a single mother raising children by myself and at the time of life, they were expensive and I considered them an investment, because in all reality, the cookware would probably outlived me. Now I'm stuck with crappy cookware and no options. I pleased with the representative from HSN and was told that she was sorry but that HSN holds no accountability because the company folded and I reminded her that it was HSN that SOLD it to me, so don't they hold responsibility? I would love to hear from others if there was a class action suit filed.

• Ty
    Tyrone hanchett Nov 20, 2019

My credit been interrupt since day one credit number [protected] couldn't purchase online order since would like some one to look in to te credit card every since day one if can, the card been with order nevery order for my self some one been using my card since & the card is off, flileing a complanint on my credit card on the 11/15/2019.

• Mo
    Mozelle Gwynne Nov 15, 2018

I received my product today from HSN and instructions were in Spanish only and I do not speak or write Spanish. I am so tired of anyone pushing Spanish on me especially when I am paying for the product.

• He
    Helene Fitch Oct 16, 2018

I purchased several Ultrex pans, always on special. I've enjoyed my pans. I don't have a large family so I especially used them on holidays where cleanup was essential. Still using some and would have liked to get some more. I take care of my kitchen ware and Never thought they would last forever, and 50 years is forever. No I don't want your 'junk gone bad'... but I 'm continuing to enjoy the pans I still have.
    An Ultrex fan

Linda Sammons Sep 11, 2018

I repeatedly have problems when attempting online acct payments.
    When I sign on the acct opens up a previous HSN acct/ number, instead of my current acct Please help me to resolve this situation.

• In
    Ingrid123456 Sep 05, 2018

Excited about Wendy Williams I ordered $300. I was the phone with Wendy to ask a ? about her coat she wore on the show & all of a sudden I heard other people on the line, they cut me off from Wendy live & disconnected me. Rude, Rude, Rude They had my # & could have c/b & apologize they didn't. Cancelled order. I was devastated cried all night

Lisa Slagle Sep 01, 2018

ordered a month ago
    called 3 times for update
    they say it shipped aug 6
    no tracking number
    do not know who shipped it
    unable to track
    wont call me bacit is 104 to 114 here in texas and my mother is 80
    why?

• Gx
    GXP Aug 14, 2018

I received a bill on 7/17/18 for $1423.86, due 8/5/18. These 3 items were not ordered or authorized by me. Please correct & close this account.

I further request issue of a new account number and card.

Dates of the incidents was as follow: 6/18/18 - 2 orders and charges for $81.13 each; the third order was for $12261.60.

• Lo
    Lori Mulligan Jul 31, 2017

I agree, the pots I have the Teflon wore off, I emailed the company several times with no reply. Now I found this complain site and see I was ripped off!

• Wh
    Whitty Mar 03, 2017

Bought pan sets from HSN for every household of children and siblings, totalling believing the lifetime warranty!
    Garbage quality! Worse I replaced them with more crap from QVC! Pans coatings flaked, handles fell off n non-stick was stuck-up. I called both companies and fussed with them to no avail! There's not much recourse!
    NOW, we've All totally boycotted them!
    They're no better than a low rent crooked used car salesman, just in better clothes!

Ann St Dec 27, 2016

I purchased a Ultrex 16 piece cookware set 15 years ago, and I haven't been able to use it for a long time now. The inside of the pots are coming apart. I tried to call the 1-(800) number for service or replacement and it said the number was no longer valid. It has a 55 year warranty...nonstick coating is guaranteed not to scrape off, peel off or wear off for 55 years from date of original purchase. I am very disappointed in this company.

• Se
    Serene World Sep 12, 2016

I'm joining the band wagon! Purchased my ULTREX II 16 PC set from HSN in 2003 for $150, featured a 75 year warranty. Thought it would be nice to hand down to my daughter. I always hand wash all my cookware and per INNOVA's Use and Care instructions, I periodically seasoned the cookware. 2 years ago EVERYTHING started sticking to the nonstick skillet. Even after washing, it kept a tacky residue. I eventually tossed it out. Now the smaller skillet and larger saute pan are showing signs of the same thing, which is what prompted me to dig out the paperwork and do some research on this product. I also agree there should certainly be a class action suit if this company is still doing business.

Janet84 May 21, 2016

I was trying again to look up Ultrex to return my pots n pans and I ran across This Complaint page with Tons
    of Complaints and very Unsatisfied Customers like myself ! Dig deeper, and you will find Tons more of Unsatisfied
    Customers as Well !
    I agree with every ones comments. Same thing happened to me with my pots and pans set,
    The way they are now is very unsafe and can cause health problems or worse for me and my family !
    The Handles always come loose and cannot be tightened, there Sticking then coating peeling and they are
    looking horrible and this is, under normal use !
    Yet was told they were guaranteed not to ware out under extreme use !,
    I Bought INNOVA set with 75 year warranty and I Paid a good penny for this set, and I feel I got Cheeted !

I bet if you check into it, the manufacturer is Probally selling again under a different name and ripping off more
    people with different products etc...
    GOOD HOUSEKEEPING Should be held Responsible Since They Gave their Seal OF Approval
    Hopefully there will be a class action suit, So count me in to, what a rip off and deceitful company, !

(HSN) Supported and Encouraged the sale of Theses Products and
    They said Never Buy Another Pan Set Again, and that it was commercial grade made to last decades,
    Now HSN will not honor any of the warranties from those products, HSN Should be held Responsible Too !
    HSN SHOULD NOT SELL any products that they can not be responsible for !

Please Help me and my Family and others gets Justice and Satisfaction once and for all ! [email protected]

• Pa
    Pam Brown Tolbert Mar 07, 2016

ialso

I also have the pans .i have a skillet that the bottom piece has buckled and is popping off.i hope someone can help me

PAM TOLBERT EMAIL [email protected]

Lindalouok Dec 27, 2015

I only have the large round dutch oven type pan with a glass & metal lid. The non stick coating is totally flaking off. I have never used anything but nylon or soft utensils in it. If anything class action takes place, count me in.
    Thanks!

• Bb
    bbunn Sep 02, 2015

Let's just say that's why HSN is not number one and their offered products are shoddy. Stick with QVC.

• St
    Stick1306 Feb 16, 2015

I also bought many of Ultrex's products. The pans I through out a long time ago. I still have the deep fryer (which never worked properly from day 1). The pressure cooker and the blender/juicer/food processor. I have not used the pressure cooker often, did not realize others were having problems, just went back to the blender and all the buttons are stuck. Can't get it to start. I would also like to see a class action suit .

Joseph Paxson Feb 10, 2015

I just bought an induction range and I found out that most of my other cookware doesn't work on it. I found an Ultrex 12 inch fry pan that would work. I hadn't used it in awhile so I looked at it and saw something up on the inside curve of the pan. Not on the bottom mind you but on the side where there would be less ware and tear. Thinking it had something stuck on it, I hand washed it in hot water and dawn dish soap. What I saw was still there as I dried the pan. I thought I could scrape it off whatever it was with my fingernail. What I got was a bigger spot and black under my nail. I"M GLAD I LISTENED TO MY WIFE! I wanted to buy the whole set but she said to just buy a piece and see how good it was. I won't be using this pan on my new range because of the coating peeling off. I'm not a lawyer, but It looks like the piece of paper the "warranty" is written on will last longer than the cookware. I'm just out the cost of the pan. Didn't a guy named Art do a demo with a sander to show how well the coating would ware and not come off.

• De
    DEAN'S LAWN SERVICE Feb 02, 2015

ULTREX COMPANY (KNOWING THAT THEY HAD A BAD PRODUCT) STILL SOLD THEIR SALE'S PITCH TO ALL CONSUMER'S THAT THEY HAD A MIRACLE PRODUCT THAT WOULD "LAST" 50 to 75 YRS!! ANY NORMAL CONSUMER WOULD LATCH ONTO THIS AND BUY INTO IT!!! I PURCHASED SEVERAL 100'S OF DOLLARS OF THIS PEODUCT FOR ALL OF MY FAMILY AND MY WIFE'S FAMILY TOO!!! WHAT'S THE "WORST" KILLER IS THAT HSN HAD TO KNOW AFTER A WHILE THAT "SOMETHING" WASN'T RIGHT AND THEY "LET" IT GO ON!???? THEY "OWE" EVERYONE A PIECE OF THAT BILLION DOLLAR PIE THAT THEY GOT OUT OF IT???!! ONLY NORMAL CONSUMERS DON'T HAVE THE CAPITAL TO START A "CLASS ACTION SUIT OF THIS MAGNITUDE?? HOPE SOME NOBLE PERSON COULD HELP US OUT! (maybe the new president!! )

• Se
    Sessa Jan 01, 2015

I as well have been very disappointed. I've had these pans for over 15 years. They were given to us as a wedding present. Ultrex did replace a pan back in 2000 that arched on our electric stove. It burnt a hole clear through the bottom of the pan. At the time were were boiling baby bottles for our new born. I was very lucky that it did not electricute me and my son I was holding. Water was all over. Very scary.
    Event tough they replaced that pan. I have been very causious when using them now.
    Anyways if there is someone that knows of a class action lawsuit please let me know. My family alone has 7 people that would love to join in on a lawsuit.
    Thanks.
    [email protected]

• Ul
    ultrex2 2 quart pan Dec 30, 2014

my ultrex 2 has peeled I have all but one is o. k.. the 2 quart pan has peeled bad . I would like to send it back for a replacement as stated in your warenty.it was purchased on tv at the h.s.n..Please honor your promise and send me your address for a return.All I have is innova inc Davenport ia. peggy mozo 109 lake rd. Clearwater, fl 33764 e-mail [email protected] thank you for your attention.

• Ba
    B.A.Reed Dec 22, 2014

I too, bought the cookware from HSN. What a rip off. I thought, no problem I will be able to get replacement pots and pans if there is a problem. There are lots of problems - handles are falling off and the non stick coating is peeling off. I'm afraid to use the pans because of the coating getting into the food ! What a rip off !

• Ji
    Jim Jone Oct 19, 2014

For anyone that cares to follow up on their complaints... It appears the parent company may still be open doing business in another field. Ultrex's address goes back to "409 West 76th Street, Davenport5, IA 52806" ... do a Google street view of it and look at a one of the two companies occupying that same building: "INNOVATION GROUP" -----> INNOVAtion group... maybe there is some affilliation? I googled them and they are a shipping company. After several pages of search results, here's what I found: Innovation Group owns/owned the trademarks to Ultrex, Innova, etc. http://www.trademarkia.com/company-innovation-group-ltd-606754-page-1-2
    DO SOME RESEARCH AND HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE!

janice krupnick Oct 14, 2014

Hi, I bought an Ultrex pressure cooker about 20 yrs.ago . And to think that not one of you could not say one positive thing about the cookware sounds quite impossible.I have used it a lot in the past yrs. Now trying to purchase another one. And all kidding aside if any one of you had any common sense you would know yourself that nothing will last a lifetime never mind a piece of cookware! Well good luck to all of you. Now I am out to find a new Ultrex pressure cooker. J.K.

• Aa
    A.A.P. Jul 25, 2014

I have a set of "International Pro-Chef Euro Classic Collection" that is also made by Innova, Inc. It has a 25 year warranty, but two pots have so far had the welds fail on the stainless steel handles. One pot has a blister between the layers of steel, but I still use it. Otherwise, I actually like the set. I called the toll free number to find out how to get warranty service only to have the operator tell me that number is no longer in service. I came online and this was the first site I found when looking for them. I bought this set in 1998.

My previous set was also guaranteed for 25 years, and same thing. The company was out of business when the handles on it failed before 20 years. I don't remember the details for this set.

I would participate in a class action suit if I knew of it. Companies manufacture garbage and sell it high prices and get rich cheating innocent people. And we have to put up with all this made in China TRASH.

Even the spell checker does not like 'Innova' .

• Ba
    Barbara McMullin Jul 01, 2014

I had bought my Ultrex II several years ago. I really liked them until the coating started to come off. I used my pots and pans a lot but never abusive. I had planned that these would be the last nice set I would need to buy. I think HSN should make good these pots and pans since they are the ones sponsoring the Ultrex product line.

• Po
    PotScammed Jun 21, 2014

Same complaint as everyone else... No longer non stick, non stick is worn to the extent the silver metal is showing through the bottom of the pans. I gave up on finding Ultrex anything and just started buying replacements. Lesson learned, I guess...

• Ul
    ULTRAX Jun 18, 2014

WHAT A SKAM, HSN TOOK OUR MONEY AND DON'T WARRANTY THERE PRODUCT, BUT ULTREX GOT PAID, i ALSO PURCHASED 3 SETS, ONE FOR MY SON, AND MY SISTER AND MYSELF, ALL OF OURS ARE PEELING. I'LL BE GRADLEY GO IN FOR A LAW SUIT, WHAT GOOD IS HAVING THE PRODUCT WHEN IT IS DEFECTED., AND THE WARRANTY IS INVALID AS THE CO. WENT UNDER.
    BETTY K FROM MORRIS ILL

• Tr
    Traceyszcz Apr 30, 2014

I also bought the cookware and mine is falling apart and the Teflon is also coming off in my food! I am very disappointed that no one is there to be held responsible for this.

• Pa
    patriciav Mar 22, 2014

I too am very disappointed that these pots that I bought have lost the teflon and the nonstick ability. I moved back to Jamaica with them and now I am not sure which set to replace them with that will not be a similiar scam as purchasing from HSN. If any one has bought a set that works please let me know.
    I do think HSN should treat their customers or rather former customers in this way. I certainly will not purchase from them again and I hope all who are feeling cheated will do the same.

• Wa
    wantmyreplacementCA Feb 21, 2014

Saw this page about Innova. I also bought a 9 piece country cottage from HSN back in 2002. I barely started using my products a few years ago. My 4qrt pot developed a few small bubbles on the bottom of the pot. Now, they are rusting and so is the lid. I was attempting to contact them for a replacement. And this is how I found this page. I still have the original receipt from HSN. I have a 55 year old warranty. So I guess we are out of luck. I'm not using this products anymore.

• Ms
    Ms. Smelcer Feb 14, 2014

I too, as everyone else on here, had purchased a lot of Ultrex11 from HSN, and it has a big bubble on the bottom, and the coating is no good. I do know that no one will stand behind this cookware, HSN, and the company, that has gone out of business. Wish we could all do something about this, but after reading all of the complaints on here, for years, I think we are up the creek, with no paddles.

• Ju
    julie cune Jan 01, 2014

Yes i have the ultrex 11 set and yes the coating is seperating! And shame on hsn and ultex people, let me know if someone starts that class action suit i want in! And who knows how dangerous this materijal is if we accidentally eat any of the coating!

JoDel P Sep 30, 2013

I purchased several ULTREX items, the cook wear has fallen apart some (handels are loose and wobbly, scratched teflon coating, etc). Mainly, I am looking for a replacement ceramic liner to the "slowster". If anyone can facilitate this, I would pay for the item and shipping. Thank you.
    -JoDel

[email protected] com.

MARIE BOGGS Sep 28, 2013

i purchased several items from hsn and spent good money and when something has gone wrong the people at hsn tells me they have no record of their ever selling this product and now i can't use it so what do i do now along with these other people that have bought these products from hsn and they are denying they ever sold this ultrex. ll I hope something can be done for I or any of my friends will ever buy from them again . I am with you guys if you want to bring a class action suit against them. Marie Boggs

Jayanath Aug 05, 2013

I agree with everone, I too bought alot of the Ultrex. Also believing this would last for years. Maybe even longer than my lifetime. I also have all of my receipts. It is a sad situation when a company goes under and even sadder when a company (HSN) supported and encouraged the sale of products and now will not honor the warranties from those products.

• Bk
    BKMoore Jul 11, 2013

I purchased an 18 piece set of Ultrex II on 7/7/2003 from HSN. There is a 75 year warranty. I have the booklet with the written warranty. I also have my HSN packing slip. I have had problems with the coating on everything. It is flaking off and I'm afraid to continue using it. I just decided to look up their website to use the warranty and found this site. I am very interested in finding a way to hold HSN accountable for selling this product. I know when Walmart sells a product and the manufacturer goes out of business Walmary is held responsible. Therefore HSN needs to be responsible to the consumers who trusted them in selling products with warranties such as Ultrex II. I plan to contact the Consumer Protection Agency (CPA), BBB, and HSN. I urge all to continue in the pursuit of holding HSN responsible for this inferior product.

• Ro
    rob george Jun 13, 2013

Time for a class action! Just need a good attorney to step up and take it! Let's GO!

• Fr
    Fredco6 May 25, 2013

I did not buy it from Innova or Ultrex I bought it from HSN they promoted the warranty and the cookware. They need to do something about the cookware.

anne darling May 12, 2013

I agree we need a class action lawsuit. I had the lifetime warranty on mine, and I thought that meant I would never have to use it. I only spent the large amount of money that I did because of the warranty. I want compensation. If a lawsuit forms someone please contact me as I want in. [email protected]