Having problems with HSN?

+1 800 933 2887 (Customer Service)
1 HSN Drive
Mailing Address
PO Box 9090, Clearwater, FL 33758

Complaints & Reviews

not honorable

Purchased a pocket video camera from HSN and because I purchased it more than 30 days before Christmas, they refused to exchange or allow me to return it for a refund. Personally in this time of lost jobs, lost homes and higher prices - I think that a policy that causes people who put faith in a company to be out of their hard-earned money and to be left with unusable products is shameful and dishonest. Kmart has an extended return policy which allows you to return substandard items and products for up to 6 months in most cases. While I don't expect a company like HSN do be that generous, I do think that 30 days on an item purchased as a Christmas gift and that is clearly defective should be handled in a customer friendly way. Every place I can lodge a complaint will hopefully over time put a place like HSN out of business. This is a company that has no concern for their customers and which clearly do not stand by their products - many which are substandard. This is the second item I've purchased from HSN that has not worked. A margarita maker had to be thrown in the trash. After using it only three times, it just stopped working. I didn't bother to deal with HSN about that as I had it for over a year but clearly HSN is selling crappy products. My suggestion: utilize stores and websites that offer more generous return/exchange policies, do a little web surfing and check out places that lodge complaints about businesses before giving them your money. HSN's prices are not the best. After looking around, I found the same camera for cheaper somewhere else and the price I paid could have purchased a pocket video camera from a better known name brand like Sony or Kodak. As consumers, we are the ones who keep places like HSN in business but we have the power to render them useless when they don't treat their paying cumstomers with honesty, courtesy and respect.

Jakinode Oct 31, 2012

On sept 30 i purchased ring with protection plan they had charged my acct. and now i was waiting for the protection plan in writing in mail. I didn’t get the protection plan as of yet in writing so i called and they couldn’t find the order # which they sent me in e-mail. so now i see they charged my acct again so i called and the supervisor said she found the original order # but how convenient the other people couldn’t find it when i called 10 times about issue but she stilled charged my acct again for the money. i want everyone to know that they are a rip off as she said she never charged my acct for it and they did because i was charged 164.35 that day and that was including the protection plan i will never shop with them again and just beware if you do that you may get charged 2 times for something.and the supervisor and the cust service people don’t know what they are doing.

stay away

I placed an order on 11/26 for a Todd English 14" Paella Green Pan-An HSN Exclusive-as of this date 12/16 I still do not have it as UPS CANNOT deliver to a PO Box-During the ordering process, I had a specific discussion as to sending it to my PO Box as the last time I sent to the alternate, it never made it-NO mention was made as to a problem with a UPS/PO Box conflict-Strike 1-on 12/13 I called customer service and was told to wait a few more days-no mention again as to the UPS/PO Box conflict &"Since It Was Sent By Mail There Is NO Tracking Number"-Strike 2-today12/16, I again called Customer Service where lo & behold I was told it was returned 12/14 because of the inability to deliver-I was told the earliest I could get a replacement was 12/22-like it was a favor-This evidently did not take into account that after 20days I would NOT have the item to give as a gift at the "Out of State" party I was to attend this weekend-NO overnight shipping was available even after I offered to pay extra-STRIKE 3 - The attempt to register this complaint at the HSN website was also met with futility- would welcome a legitimate response, not an empty apology as to why I should even consider doing business ever again with HSN again.

Should make a good story at the party though.

security question bs

I ordered a tv and placed it on my cc with the 4 payment flex payment option. I had more than enough credit available. I noticed two days later that the same item was now only available with 1 or 2 payment option. On day 3 after I placed the order, I received a call from their security department. They told me that because I chose to ship to another address other than my own, I would have to answer some security questions. I agreed. The first question asked was who my auto loan was with. I don not have an auto loan nor have I had one in over 25 years, so I answered does not apply. Whom do you do your banking with? I answered none of the above because the did not list the bank I have my 15 year account with! They asked for the last 4 numbers in my ssn. All the numbers they read to me started with 5. Mine starts with 7 so of course I answered none of the above. And the best one is when they named 4 persons who may have lived with me in the past 10 years. I have lived in the same home for over 18 years, and I would think that I would know who lived with me, BUT HOW WOULD THEY KNOW! THIS IS BS.
OH WHATS NEXT! WHAT COLOR UNDERWEAR WAS I WEARING WHEN I PLACED MY ORDER? THESE QUESTIONS ARE BS
OF COURSE I FAILED... AND THEY LOCKED MY ACCOUNT.
This has to be by design. I placed the order, using their "secure website" I typed in the address I wanted the item shipped to when I placed the order. This make no sense with one exception. It sounds like they did a credit check, didn't like what they saw, and cancelled my purchase. I said to them, well just ship it to my home address, and they said because I failed their security questions my account is locked and cannot be changed.
I will be looking into this to see if this is legal and if they can be sued. I know what my credit is. If they stated that purchases are based on a credit check I wouldn't have ordered anything from them.

security question bs

James1968 Dec 08, 2010

Wow, , , , , , , , , , , , The SAME EXACT THING happened to me. I placed an order for a flat screen tv ( LG), and a wall mount for it . They shipped the wall mount, yet not the tv . Unlike your case, NO ONE called me though . I called them 4 days later to ask why my tv wasn't shipped and they gave me the same as they did you. 2 security tests, which they say I failed twice, then told me to call back today and speak to a security supervisor ( JOSE ) . So I call back today and this very rude SOB acts like someone did HIM wrong. He then goes on to blame his " Vendors" for the obscene delay, and tells me he can do nothing more for me . What???????????? HSN has "frozen" my account, therefore I cannot place another order until this ISSUE is resolved . Jose however shows no regard or interest in promptly rectifying this.

I TOO am just livid!!!

This was supposed to be used for my Christmas party . Believe it or not one rep went as far as to tell me that maybe I " Could go to Aarons and rent a tv, until your HSN one arrives ", , , , , , , , WTF!!???

Words can't describe my feelings right now.

scam

HSN cancels purchase because they say they had the wrong expiration date, so therefore I lost my purchase which sold out and was a special value with free shipping on easy pay.

The promo was a $20 discount on first purchase when opening a new CC account. I was approved and the account was linked instantly so the purchase went through. A few days later I looked at my order to see the CC was denied??? I called HSN and they blamed the bank. I called the bank, they blamed HSN. Something involving the expiration date, but I did not have my card since this all was in one process, and this was an immediate purchase. If this is a glitch in their system, I wonder how many other customers got duped into opening a new account. HSN has my phone number and email and they never contacted me either, but even so, I did not know what the expiration date was as it hadn't arrived yet so this was between the bank and HSN.

• Mo
    mom24gr8kids Dec 23, 2010

HSN duped me into opening one of their credit cards when I ordered a Christmas gift for my husband. They gave me a $20.00 discount which seemed like a good deal... Well they guaranteed Christmas delivery on the item so since I hadn't received it yet I decided to call them today and find out where it was in transit. Guess what?! They "over-sold" the item and it is now back ordered, will not be delivered by Christmas and if they are unable to get it back into inventory by Jan. 17th the order will be cancelled. I asked them when they were planning on contacting me with this information to which they replied that they didn't have my email address on record. Funny they were able to email me a 15% off your next purchase from HSN coupon code the same day I made the purchase! I will be cancelling the worthless HSN credit card that I have NO intentions of ever using. First and last experience with HSN was NOT a good one. Customer service manager offered me an apology and a $5.00 credit to my account - WOW how generous considering now I need to find another Christmas gift for my husband in the next 24 hours...

• A9
    A9585ece Aug 10, 2013

I feel duped by HSN just like you! I only wished I came across your story first before placing my order! I originally purchased a tv from them. Upon receiving it was damaged. So i had it sent back and waited for my replacement. A couple days after sending back I decided I no longer wanted this order fulfilled. I wanted to cancel it all together. I didn't want a replacement/exchange, just my refund. Well for some reason, when I called to check status of the order so I can cancel it, I was told so many Bulls*** as to nothing can be done because updates on their system hasn't been updated and nothing is showing on my account. They were waiting for vendor to update their system first so they can see exactly where about the order was at in the process. Toile a long aggravating story short, I was unable to cancel that replacement shipment even tho at the time I had called to cancel, it was not already packaged but still sitting in the warehouse! Now I'm expected to receive a product I no longer want and pay for the return shipping because I don't plan on keeping the tv. Just a waste of time and effort for me. Never will I buy anything from HSN again. Their shady customer service and order processing methods are all a big scam to get your money one way or the other. Very disappointing service I received this time in the years I been a loyal customer. No longer do I support HSN and their poor business tactics. It's a shame.

• Ju
    Judith Waterhouse May 10, 2017

HSN is trying to collect money from me for certain installments and Comenity bank is collecting the same money for the same merchandise. I have never missed a statement Payment in 10 years and they are both wanting money for the same items. A scam that is for sure.

cc/purchase scam

HSN delines my card because they claim they had the wrong expiration date, so therefore I lost my purchase which sold out and was a special value with free shipping on easy pay.

The promo was a $20 discount on first purchase when opening a new CC account. I was approved by the bank and the account was linked instantly so the purchase went through. A few days later I looked at my order to see the order was canceled. I called HSN and they blamed the bank. I called the bank, they blamed HSN. Something involving the expiration date, but I did not have my card since this all was in one process, and this was an immediate purchase. If this is a glitch in their system, I wonder how many other customers get sucked in. They have my phone number and email and they never contacted me either, but even so, I did not know what the expiration date was as the card hadn't arrived yet so this was between the bank and HSN.

I called the bank after losing my purchase and canceled the card, and called HSN to let them know I no longer want to be a customer. Google HSN to see all the complaints about them.

fraud!!!

Home shopping network is a complete fraud!!!

I started the order process on 9/16/10... My order was cancelled... Nobody at hsn knows why but yet the money was taken from my account. I reordered several times and spoke with several supervisors who all assured me they would fix the problem but each supervisor had a different excuse for why the order was cancelled. Today is 10/9/10 and my last order placed was again cancelled!!! Today the reason is different from all other reasons.

These people don't have a clue what is going on. Maybe they are working with the banks to hold your money hostage because at one point they had held 4 times the amount they were supposed to hold and then you have to wait (In my case one week) before your funds are available but yet your order was cancelled.

Crooks, crooks, banksters crooks. Don't order from hsn. They are frauds. They apparently didn't want to honor their television ad and make it so difficult for you that you give up. Not me I am reporting them to ag/doj/fbi.

late fees

Anyone dealing with hsn who is financed through wfcb needs to be aware that they need to mail a check at least 10 days before a payment is due because you will not be given credit for a payment on the day they get the check; but rather on the day that your check clears your bank. This is a scam and is done to collect late fees on unsuspecting customers. The big banks get a reputation for a reason and I will cancel my account so the thieves don't get any more of my money.

SayReba Jun 30, 2010

I dont understand why you have not contacted HSN with this problem? I dont use their credit card system but I would think they would want to know they are using people who are not credible??

misinformed re applying for hsn shopping card

called to order item thru HSN television. was immediately told I was pre-approved for HSN Shopping card. wa...

poor electrical products/service

I agree totally with all of the complaints. I also purchased ultrex convection oven and it caught on fire. Hsn sells horrible electrical products. The only thing that still works is the joy m. My little steamer. The ultrex product line is simply garbage. I will never buy anything that plugs in from hsn. Better yet, they have permanently lost a longtime customer. I don't even watch the channel anymore so I won't be tempted. I will check with my attorney friend to see how to start a class action lawsuit against hsn. Their advertising says these are the "last" pots and pans you'll ever have to buy. Yeah that's true is you die within the next year or two. Pure garbage. Will keep all posted. If someone else files one, please contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com. Again, I think it should be against hsn since ultrex is probably somewhere else selling cookware under another name. Also, when I returned a broken item, they sent me one that had been used and returned by someone else. Just horrible!!!

• Ba
    BAD COMPANY! Apr 04, 2014

I agree their service is a total garbage! I tried to order their kindle fire and ordered other products on flex pay they said it was fine but when I went to order the kindle fire it would not take my card. So I canceled the ordered but they asked me for another card and that went through. Then my wife called to find out about that order they were rude to her and would not answer her. So she wanted to cancel the order and not ever buy from HSN any more. Their customer service is very bad and well the products are not really worth what they charge you for. They make the products look good on TV but when you get it home they all fall apart. Especially their cosmetics or creams products they will sell it to you at a very high price and the jars are very small. But when you get it home they are no more better than your average drug store brand. You are probablly better off buying from Wal-Mart and spending a lot less for the same products that HSN will charge you for at a much higher price! So now on I learned the hard way that these HSN people are nothing but a bunch of FRAUDS!!! DO NOT BUY FROM HSN!!!

poor quality

broken promises about broken glasses

When I bought a set of what I thought were budget glasses from HSN, a product by Joy Mangano's Ingenious Designs, all I got was a lot of broken promises. HSN promise to resolve the problem by sending another pair but this has turned out to be a lie time and time again. As far as Ingenious designs from HSN who in partnership with them can't contact the how do they expect I can. Oprah recommended this product in her "O" magazine, maybe she can afford to take the loss if something she buys is defective but I can't. I just one a replacement pair of reading glasses.

Marzi0510 Apr 25, 2018

I called customer service and I got about four pairs replaced during the 12 month warranty period. I had to take a picture of the broken glasses and email it to them. Got the replacements in a weeks time. The last pair I called about was right after Christmas and a huge box was sent. I opened the box and found a mop with an additional mop head. I called customer service to let them know and was told to keep the mop and they sent out the replacement glasses next day. Very pleased with their customer service department.

bad business practices

I am unable to order any items from hsn because my address has been blocked from ordering. Apparently someone else at this address owes hsn a lot of money, and it is their policy to block thae address from ordering to protect themselves. However, I live in an apartment building in nyc with over 70 apts. I gave tthem my apt # to show this. However, while the supervisor I spoke with sympathized with me, he said they would try to get the block removed for me, which would take 3 to 5 business days — but could not make any guarantees. I feel that this policy is very strange and quite unfair to those of us living in apts.

ultrex cookware

I purchased a set of ultrex cookware from hsn. The teflon on my skillets are peeling. The cookware is supposed to be guaranteed for a lifetime. From reading other complaints, it appears that innova, the manufacturer is out of business and that hsn is not honoring the warranty. I paid the money to hsn, not to innova. I will never shop at hsn again.

defective products

I purchased an Acer Netbook, it turned out to be defective. I returned thru the USPS and HSN claims they never received it. Now fighting with them for my refund. Have filed several complaints from the BBB, Atty Gen Offices (FL, CA, TX), and with the USPS (postal inspector - mail theft). When I told HSN I was also disputing chrages with credit card company - they stated if I did so, I would not be allowed to shop with them anymore -how ridiculous is that statement? I also filed a complaint with Acer, as I feel that HSN's policy severely reflects on the brands they advertise and sell on their network.

order issue

i ordered a roomba vaccum from hsn on may13th, and about 5 mins after order was placed i realized my old apt# was still on account...i called hsn customer service and advised them of the error. the rep i talked to was very nice...she stated that she would change the apt #. about 3 days later i got an email showed delivery confirmation, but to the wrong apt number even after i called and told them. so i called them back she said not to worry they would dispute it with ups. about 2 weeks later i got a letter from hsn stating they researched it and ups shows it was delivered. well i called them and they said once again it will be fixed dont worry you wont be charged. its not july25th and guess what it showed up as a charge on my checking account..now they state they dont show i called 3 days after i placed the order to change it..i have now had to file a dispute to get my money back from hsn...

• Sh
    Shirley Morganfield Jan 30, 2011

I had the same issue with HSN; when I tried to sign in, I could not because of a mix-up of password, etc. I then called and talked
    to Sales Associate. She changed my shipping and billing address over the phone and gave me a temporary password so I could
    now enter and complete order. I went ahead with this and changed both shipping and billing address again. After I submitted
    order, I received note re Colorado state tax. Since my new address was in Arizona, I knew there was a problem. Contacted HSN
    and sure enough, they had sent order to Colorado. Not understanding this error, I requested that shipping costs be reimbursed
    and they said no. I sent 3 more e-mails and they would not address my problem. I asked to talk to a Manager or someone in
    charge over a week ago and I never heard another word from HSN. What bad service! Be careful if you try to change something on your account and don't trust talking to a live person either.

ultrex cookware

I bought 2 sets of ULTREX cookware from HSN. One had a 50 year warranty the other a 75 year warranty. HSN...

no refund on return

I returned a computer router to HSN within 7 days of receiving it viaUSPS. Didn't hear from them, they can't find my return. Didn't use tracking nor insurance. Dumb me. So i'm out $95 plus $9 postal charge. I'm sure its sitting in a warehouse in Comptom California waiting to be processed.
The item in question is being sold for $20 less today at Wal-Mart. So I'm really a doofus.

• Zc
    ZCKinsey Jan 03, 2011

Please, please, please people - stop shopping at HSN! Their products are substandard and their prices are not the lowest around. They have made a killing off of people who like shopping from home but they often buy low quality products, perform product deoms that convince the consumer their getting a great bargain but when you get the items, they usually don't work well or not at all! They don't stand by their products and have a 30 day return policy that's does nothing but stall for time until the time is up and then you can't return the item. Stores like Kmart have longer return policies and many of their online items can be returned right to the store for a refund or exchange. As part of the consumer public, I will never again buy from HSN. The pocket video camera I purchased for my niece for Christmas (in November) was refused to be returned or exchanged because it was over the 30 days limit. Now I had to deal with the manufacturer, who will more than likely send me a factory refurbished piece of crap that won't work for long - despite the fact that I paid the price for a "NEW" pocket cam. BUYERS BEWARE OF HSN - that great deal you think you're getting is probably a "dud in sheep's clothing"!

todd english cookware

I purchased a set of todd english cookware from hsn. I foolowed all the suggested instructions on caring for this cookware. They are peeling and cannot be used because no matter what temperature you cook on everything burns! I contacted hsn and was told to contact ingenious designs which I did twice with no satisfaction although they advertise a warrenty with these products. Ingenious designs has never followed thru by contacting me. Now i'm stuck with nearly $200.00 of inferior product.

David starkman

• Ji
    Jim Ellis Mar 20, 2011

The Todd English Green pan became a "stick" pan after cooking green peppers and the sauce pan purchased in the $149.00 set discolored after warming Trader Joe's Carrot Soup. Tried boiling water in the pans several times and used the green cleaning pad, all to no avail.

Although heavier, should not haven given away my All-Clad. With these results, I question the safety of the pans that produced these chemical reactions all over medium heat...pans have never been used on high heat.

Jim Ellis

religious hate

HSN banned me from posting on their forums and reviews without any warning. They claim you get 3 warnings. I...

won't refund

While taking care of my 88 year old grandmother with dementia, I found all the closets in her house filled with HSN and QVC products. Still in the original packages, with receipts. I have spent months sorting out the mess, and I have to say QVC was a class act, took everything back. HSN on the other hand wouldn't even discuss it, although all of the items are still on their website for full price and they would lose nothing by taking back this junk and reselling it. Instead they have robbed an old woman of her social security checks!

• Ci
    Cindy Apr 28, 2009

So sorry about this situation with your mother. I am glad you had a good experience with QVC, as mine was terrible. They refused to take back a jacket I bought because it was over 30 days from the date of purchase. They also refused to help me get reimbursed for an AeroBed that was defective. The second time I used it, the valve broke off and would not retain air. I finally sent them back my credit card and I am still fuming. Oh well, live and learn.

• XXXXXXXXXXXXX May 05, 2009

HSN is a bully. They bully their customers. QVC is pretty good at helping out when Grandmother goes wild.

• Jz
    JZE Jul 10, 2009

I need HSN fax number. Does anyone have it?
    What state is their corporate office located in?
    please email me [email protected]

nomorewhining Nov 17, 2009

I used to work for HSN and, quite frankly, still cannot believe how customers think companies should take back items that were purchased 6 months, 1 year, even 3 years (yes- I had a customer like this) prior. Come on! These companies are running a business. No one conned your loony grandma into purchasing things. I hated the customers that would run up all 20 of their credit cards and then call customer service asking how they are supposed to pay for it... Seriously, no one told you to order a bunch of crap and run up all 20 of your credit cards. If you walked into Wal-mart asking how you are supposed to pay your credit cards that you ran up or return aged items--- they would laugh you out of the store!

• Jz
    JZE Nov 17, 2009

I had never purchased anything on HSN before.
    Until I purchased a Kodak camera that was false advertised as coming with a lithium rechargeable battery. That statement is what made me purchase the camera.
    When the camera arrived, it not only did not come with the rechargeable battery, as the description stated, but Kodak informed me that the model was not even compatible with one. Meaning, I could only use it with 4 AA batteries which only last through about 4 uses. I asked for a refund and never got one until months after I filed a complaint with the better business bureau. I asked in my complaint that HSN be made to take off the false advertising about the camera off their website and last I looked it was still on there and another lady I "met" experienced the same problem I went through.

I will never purchase anything from them again, this was my first, and last experience with them.

It is unreasonable for anyone to conclude that because of this experience I am a "whiner".
    People should be forewarned of this. This presented an extreme inconvenience to me which HSN never apologized for.

• We
    westyjames Nov 23, 2009

you are so right!! hsn is very deceiving, as well as total liars. I could hear the tv from my computer where I was looking into something they were showing on tv & they were actually saying things that were not true according to their own web site. how do they get
    away with being thieves? anyone else would be in jail by now. they actually sent me used ( I could tell that it was used already) products. 1/2 empty jars of creams that I immediately returned only to be charged a return s&h fee. I had went through kind of a run with them all at once & could not believe how many problems I had with their items. I could go on & on, until I wised up & stopped stopping with them.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices