Having problems with Hotels.com?

Hotels.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 10, 2007. The latest review No refund from hotel because they closed due to Covid was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint miscommunication between hotels.com and the charterhouse hotel hong kong was resolved on Aug 22, 2019. Hotels.com has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 647 reviews. Hotels.com has resolved 45 complaints.

Hotels.com Customer Service Contacts

800 246 8357 (United States)
800 807 6641 (United States)
800 224 6835 (Canada)
1800 11 142 079 (Phillipines)
+1 417 521 0845 (United States)
+44 203 024 8216 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 662 747 (Australia)
+64 99 151 135 (New Zealand)
+43 810 310 803 (Austria)
+32 22 008 524 (Belgium)
+45 43 682 330 (Denmark)
+353 16 569 439 (Ireland)
+31 207 006 039 (Netherlands)
+351 707 201 282 (Portugal)
+41 445 118 477 (Switzerland)
+20 800 844 1089 (The Middle East)
+27 214 277 778 (South Africa)
+852 30 774 856 (Hong Kong)
+65 68 185 638 (Singapore)
+82 234 800 145 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 2374 (Argentina)
+44 203 564 5228 (Other Countries)
5400 LBJ Freeway, Suite 500
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hotels.com Customer Service. Initial Hotels.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hotels.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hotels.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Hotels.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Hotels.com Complaints & Reviews, Page 31

Hotels'we want free& stay two separate times earn one night free

I had stayed at the Quality Inn on Bay St on two separate times, gave the receptionist my choice club card at the time of arrival and made the assumption that I would qualify for the free night. When I checked out on the second stay I asked the receptionist to clarify the signage at the front desk. There was a huge sign saying "We want Free" stay two separate time and earn one free night. I asked her to ensure that my card was swiped as I wanted to use it the next time I came to the Sault. As she looked over my account she noticed that the clerk had added my choice club card in the correct area so it did not show up adding any points she added that the new clerks do not know how to add the old cards to our new system. She recommended that I call choice club to get an updated card. As I am not in your business I am not sure what that means . I got the card in 1996 I have not moved since that time my card number is 221050. She told me that who ever took the information from my card had done it incorrectly but she would fix it. I told her that I have stayed with an affiliate hotels for the last 9 months at least once a month does that mean that none of those stays have been recognized? She could not answer that question for me. She did rectify the issue at their hotel where I stay the two separate times to quality. I certainly hope that you will provide me with at least the one free night. I will call to fix the problem with the out dated card.

Thank you for your time.

• In
      Ingrid Doyon Jun 22, 2011

I called head office after I posted my complaint. They rectified my issue and gave me the promotion. There was a merger in 2005 and I had an old card which there system do not recognize my old card and therefore created this problem . My new card be arriving shortly. Connie was very helpful and pleasant to work with. For some reason they had the wrong mailing address for my new card. I will be able to use my free stay on my next visit.

Thanks Ingrid Doyon

• Pi
      piercamillo Nov 17, 2010

CAN WE DO ANITHING TOGETHER TO HAVE THE MONEY BACK--LEGAL CLASS ACTION...BANK...POLICE...OTHER
      AGAINST DAMNED HOTELVISION?

• Pi
      piercamillo Nov 17, 2010

HOTELS RESERVATIONS

Hotelclub.comAvoid this website at all costs

In March 2011 I made and paid (using my credit card) for a hotel reservation for my daughter and her husband through this site. Upon presentation of the printed voucher to the hotel, my daughter was informed that there was no reservation. In fact, the hotel had never heard of HotelClub. Fortunately, there was a room available, and the hotel agreed to wait until my daughter's checkout three days later, before demanding payment. The reservation never arrived, so my daughter had to pay for the room with her own credit card. My card was charged $211, and I am in the process of disputing the charge. Thus far, HotelClub has only submitted to my credit card company a copy of the reservation Confirmation/Receipt which of course is no help at all. Do not utilize this site!

Hotels.com Canada — billing

I called the toll free number and booked a hotel room with taxes for $115 for 1 night. I did not receive an...

Hotels.com — double charged for room - got to pay higher charge

My family and I booked a FOUR-PERSON hotel room at the Hilton Hotel in Times Square, NYC for April 21-23. I...

Hotels.comterrible service and incompetent staff!!

Booked a room through Hotels.com, received a confirmation/email, arrived to hotel and hotel had no record of reservations, referred to call customer service at hotels.com, was put on hold for an excess of 20 mins each time, then disconnected, after 5 reps, finally got a rep who told me there was a problem with my payment even though they debited total amount from my accnt the same day I booked, missed an engagement I was in Vegas for and matter wasn't resolved until the next day. I have never had an experience this horrible dealing with travel sites. Will never use these folks again!! Sent an email detailing my experience and still no reponse from company.

• Fc
          fcmonkey Oct 06, 2011

Before booking with hotels.com call and ask to speak to a supervisor. You will be given the run-around and then disconnected. Everytime. I simply needed a detailed reciept to claim my travel/lodging at work. The hotel I stayed at couldn't give me a reciept because it was booked through a third party. Please call [protected] first, see how they treat customers and then make your decision.

Hotels.comDouble-booking scam

Made a reservation through hotels.com (aka Expedia). They double-booked the room which I discovered only after I arrived. I've spent the last month, probably 4 hours on the phone, trying to get them to credit my account for their mistake. I've contacted the hotel manager. They've contacted the hotel manager who's said that the reservation was an error, and hotels.com said they have a record of this. The last excuse they gave me was that they could only credit me when I was on the line and they had the manager on the line, too. AVOID hotels.com and Expedia!!

AnnKih Oct 25, 2011

On June 8, 2011 we made a reservation through Hotels.com for check in on September 10, 2011 (3 months away). The Cancellation policy states: "Cancellations or changes made before 4:00PM on September 9, 2011 are subject to a hotel fee equal to the first night's rate plus taxes and fees." we understood this to mean that cancellations prior to September 9 would give us our full refund (standard refund policy for hotel reservations), and starting September 9, 2011 (12am) the one day charge would be in effect. We ended up cancelling our reservation prior to September 9, and we were billed $194 (one night fee). We spoke to Hotels.com customer service and we were told that this was the actual Hotel Policy. We then called the hotel, and learned this was untrue. It is Hotels.com that charges the one night fee for cancellation of reservations. We disputed this charge with our Credit Card company (American Express). They were informed by Hotels.com that when customers make reservations and authorize the charge to their credit cards, they are agreeing to the terms and conditions.

We agreed to the terms and conditions stated "Cancellations or changes made before 4:00PM on September 9, 2011 are subject to a hotel fee equal to the first night's rate plus taxes and fees." It is Hotels.com that is implementing the Policy language in an abusive manner.

I conducted a general search of online complaints against Hotels.com, and there are many other individuals who have experienced the same charges. Many customers made reservations, cancelled within minutes, and were charged!!!

If my charge, as one individual was $194. Then I can only imagine the total amount of revenue Hotels.com is collecting by wrongly implementing their policy language.

Hotels.com — bait and switch pricing

Sorry I didn't read the complaints before I booked a room in South Carolina. The reservationist spoke...

Hotels.com — Did not honour confirmed booking

On the 1st of February we confirmed a booking with Hotels.com for accommodation in April. On the 11 April...

Venere.com — Refuse to honor confirmation of booking

I recently made two bookings for Hotel Seven Days in Prague through Venere.com. I used two different credit...

Hotels.comharrassment

I paid for 2 rooms in Tahoe in July, 2010. Hotels.com did not represent the hotel correctly on their website at the time and I ended up paying more than anticipated. I disputed the charge with my credit card. They investigated but found in favor of Hotels.com so they posted the charge to my statement in September, 2010. I paid it in full that month. However, in February, 2011, I received a collection notice from a collection agency saying I owed that money to Hotels.com. I attempted to explain that i had paid it and they sent HOtels.com the information, however they still harrassed me. After talking to someone at Hotels.com who said they had no information regarding my booking, I called the collection agency again who gave me a fax number to send my credit card statement to. After that I haven't heard from anyone as of yet. Horrible experience with Hotels.com. Would definitely recommend to stay away from this company.

Venere.comI would be very cautious about the quality of hotels on this site

Looks like a nice site at first glance, but I went ended up booking a hotel through this site and then upon arrival at the hotel had a very bad experience with their service, so much so that I didn't want to stay there anymore. I paid for one night's stay, and left disappointed. I later went back to Venere to write a review of my experience, but Venere wouldn't let me, no matter how much I asked. It seemed they wanted to protect the hotel instead of the helping the mistreated customer! I would be very cautious about the quality of hotels on this site.

Hotels.comprice match bogus

I was looking for a hotel in Keystone, CO for my husband and I for Presidents' Day weekend (18-21 Feb, 2011) and found a hotel we thought we'd like on several sites. Priceline had it cheaper (without bidding), but as we had had success with Hotels.com before, I decided to call them to see if they would match the price (per their website guarantee). The representative verified the price I had found on Priceline (over $131.00 less) and said they would match it. My clue that this was not going to go well, came next, and I should have run... she said they were going to charge the original amount and then a credit would be run, within 2 hours, to get to the adjusted amount (as she could not do it). Well, 8 days later, still no credit. This is after 3 phone calls and as many emails. I've now gotten my credit card company involved, particularly after the last call to Hotels.com 24-hour customer service line. I got a frontline representative, so was very quick to say that as I had been at this for a week, I needed to talk with a supervisor. She left the phone for several minutes and then came back and said none were available. I asked if that meant none were there, her comment, "No, helping other customers." She did not/would not give me the option to hold. DO NOT USE hotels.com (and as they are affiliated with EXPEDIA, I'd say not use them either).

Andrew Tan Jun 04, 2013

I just had a similar experience. Booked for 5 nights at Montien Hotel, Bangkok and the price was Baht17, 324.95. Later, saw the same thing on HotelTravel.com for Baht12, 856.10. Called Hotels.com to claim on their price guarantee and the guy went to HotelTravel.com site. He filled a similar booking and in fact came up with a even lower price of Baht 9k+ . He however stated that there was a statement at the bottom of that site that stated the currency of billing is USD. Based on this statement, he claimed that their price guarantee requires everything to be similar and therefore they could not honour a claim. I tried to reason that billing currency does not mean that this site is offering a lower rate. He insisted that their guarantee condition requires everything to be the same. I read their terms and conditions and replied that their terms just said the itinerary must be the same and since billing currency does not affect itinerary, it is not relevant. He insisted the condition is applicable and the competition's booking price is not exactly similar for the guarantee to apply. I replied that this is illogical. He even went to the extent to state that in business it is very common to have things that appear illogical. This reservation organisation is really a scam.

• Ds
                  dsunrise Nov 12, 2011

I tried to reserve a room in Las Vegas. The website offered a rate. When paying for the rate, it went up more then double. I did not complete the reservation and called them up. I spoke with a agent and he confirmed the price on the website. He told me that he confirmed with price gaurantee department and that I had to pay the higher price, then they would turn around and credit the price difference back. I bought it. They didnt credit me back, and customer service told me there were no notes in the booking and they couldnt verify the lower rate on their own website. They said they would honor nothing due to not being able to verify anything. Total rude broken english losers

Hotels.compoor customer service

I booked a reservation through hotels.com that says it has a price match guarentee. When I found a lower price at another website I called to tell them about it and have them match this price. They rudely refused to do so and kept saying "We''ll just cancel your reservation for you." Some price match guarentee. There is NO guarentee here! I was kept on the phone for a long time while the agent talked to her immediate boss. She was rude, argumentative and flat-out lied to me several times during our conversation. She even refused to furnish her direct bosses name, saying I don't have a boss here when in fact I heard her talking in Spanish to him in the background. They hung up on me several times and kept trying to get rid of me rather than matching the price I found. This operation is a joke! DO NOT use hotels.com for any of your travel needs. You will be very frustrated and ripped off by their lies and inability (or unwillingness) to follow through on their promises!

• Vi
                    Vincedane Oct 09, 2011

A three night hotel stay was not booked to my account. I contacted customer service and was promised, in email, that my account would be corrected within 48 hours. Well, 384 hours and counting, and two emails later, my account has not been corrected. They have had ample time to make this right and no longer respond to me. In reading others' comments it appears that they just don't care about the customer.

mareenewzealand Apr 11, 2011

Irrespective of whether Hotels.com satisfied their terms and conditions in this instance, I agree with the complainant, this company has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. When trying to resolve an issue we were passed around various people for over two hours I was even hung up on once. This company is not worth using if you value being treated like a human being.

• Al
                    Alcatrazdan Jan 10, 2011

Looking at what their price match guarantee is, http://service.hotels.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5652/session/L3NpZC8xQVJ5d0hqaw%3D%3D/sno/0 I'd say they satisfied what they said they'd do by canceling your reservation for free so you can book with someone else.

Hotelclub.com — Hotelclub.com uses the bait a switch scam

I started using this Website recently to book hotels for business travel. So far of my two experiences, both...

Hotels.comcancellation

In August 2010 I made hotel reservations through hotels.com. Today I called to cancel them only to learn they were non-refundable. I was told this was on my e-mail confirmation. I went back and looked and sure enough it was there. However, I was NEVER told these were non-refundable while booking the reservations or I never would have done it. Being told something is non-refundable after you already paid for it is wrong and unethical. I spent over an hour on the phone tonight trying to speak to a supervisor with no success. I was once put on hold for 20 minutes before I hung up to call back and was disconnected twice due to no answer from a supervisor. I would not reccomend anyone using hotels.com.

• Da
                      Danamore May 23, 2011

Hotels.com is a tricky website. I put in certain dates and during the search, the dates defaulted to the wrong dates. I immediately called the hotel which I booked. However, I failed to cancel within the 2 hour limit at the website. I am being charged for their mistake. They will not refund my $241. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the person argued with me and refused to give the phone to the supervisor. They are thieves!

Hotels.combad business practice

I made on line reservations for $90.00 per night based on Hotels.com photos and descriptions of the hotel. When I got there I was very disappointed. The room was filthy & it smelled + I did not feel secure leaving my car in the parking lot none the less staying there with my family due to the people loitering in the parking lot. I explained the situation with the desk clerk and he informed me that there is nothing that he can do about a refund and I'd have to call Hotels.com.(During all this a woman was checking in with a newspaper coupon for $15.00 less for the same type of room). After 15 minutes of phone calls. Hotels.com would not give me a refund. I explained that I was not staying the night and I want a refund. They would not budge. I refused to give up and called back...Hotels.com said, "We will give you a 50% discount and vouchers worth $45.00 for future bookings". I agreed, and drove to a different hotel that I found in a discount travel guide. ARE YOU READY FOR THIS... When I received my credit card statement they inflated the room charge to $135.00 then gave the 50% discount. I immediately called American Express & disputed the overcharge & I was redeemed. Oh...by the way...I never received any vouchers in the mail. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS. They should look up the meaning of the word "Guaranteed" like they state in their ads.

AnnKih Oct 25, 2011

Hotels.comthey say on the website no penalty for cancellation but they don't mean it because they take it away from you with the small print

Watch out for hotels.com they say on the website no penalty for cancellation but they don't mean it because they take it away from you with the small print. You are much better off finding a hotel and getting the room directly from them. Remember hotels.com is a rip off!!!

Tuperdi2 Sep 21, 2010

As a hotel employee, do not book through 3rd parties... If you book through the hotel directly you will get the most accurate information, and all information would be provided to you by an employee of that hotel. 3rd Parties get commission when booking reservations, so of course they will promise you the world. When you arrive at the hotel your stuck to deal with whatever situation the 3rd party puts you in. Don't pay someone to do a job you can do easily...

Hotels.comstay away

Be sure what you are getting. I booked a king-size no-smoking room with hotels.com at the Days Inn in New Braunsfel, Texas. I arrived and was given a smoking room. My wife and I are both allergic to cigarette smoke but I was told there was nothing anyone could do. All of the no-smoking rooms were booked. Hotel.com said they would refund one night but I would have to eat the other night. Hotel clerk says this happens all the time with Hotel.com. I plan on writing every consumer reporting agency possible about Hotels.com. I will never use them again. I have had good luck with Orbits.com.

• Ge
                            GeorgeWashingtonDC Apr 22, 2017

Hotels.com has nothing but bad reviews, describing the same horrible problems year after year. It is unbelievable that they remain in business. Search the internet and it is nothing but complaint after complaint, the lowest ratings, worst customer service, no reservations, no refunds, etc.
                            Any hotel employee will tell you, do not use hotels.com or any third party service; call the hotel yourself and safe a lot of grief and money.
                            DO NOT USE HOTELS.COM

• Valerie Jul 17, 2008

DO NOT use Hotels.com for your travel arrangements! Read on...

I had to book a hotel in an area I wasn't too familiar with, because my boyfriend was in a wedding there. I thought that Hotels.com would be the perfect solution, since they list different hotels with all of their prices. I thought wrong.

After booking a hotel room with them for the weekend, I received a confirmation email with my confirmation number in it. Assuming all was well, I prepared for my trip. Thank God I woke up the morning of our trip (We were supposed to check in later that night.) and decided to call the hotel to confirm, just because I didn't want to have any problems. The hotel had never heard of me and hence, did not have my reservation. Keep in mind, at this point my bank card was already charged for this reservation by Hotels.com.

I called Hotels.com immediately and demanded to know why the hotel did not know about my reservation. The person I spoke with, while very nice, gave me some excuse about how she couldn't get a hold of the person at her company that I had dealt with before, and so we couldn't find out what went wrong.

Ultimately, she booked me another reservation at another hotel in the area of the wedding. She explained that she needed to "cancel" my first reservation in her system and that I would be refunded for that within 30 days. She then charged me for the second reservation on my same bank card. That in itself was ridiculous, but I needed a hotel for that same night, and I didn't have time to argue. I told her that I couldn't have any problems with this 2nd reservation, because I needed a hotel for a wedding for the weekend. She said that she would personally call the hotel of the 2nd reservation and make sure that the reservation was there. She kept me on hold for 10 minutes, but upon returning to my call, she assured me that the hotel was booked and gave me a new confirmation number for this reservation.

I shouldn't have believed her, but I really didn't think that Hotels.com could screw up a second time. Don't you know, that night I arrived at the new hotel that had been booked that morning for me, and they did not have my reservation! Thank God the people at the hotel were some of the nicest people I had ever met, and after I told them how Hotels.com had never booked my first reservation, the hotel took it upon themselves to call Hotels.com for me and work it out directly with them. They gave us their last vacant room for the weekend. I don't know what I would've done if they had been booked.

The following Monday, upon returning home, I called Hotels.com and demanded to speak with a manager, because I wanted someone to explain to me why I had 2 confirmation numbers and 2 charges on my bank card, and no reservations! They refused to let me speak to a manager, and the agent I spoke with basically blew me off after I told him what had happened. They had no explanation for their faults, and I got no where with them after being on the phone for an hour.

All in all, I expected more from a company as well-known as Hotels.com, but it just goes to show you that some of the larger companies really don't care about their customers at all. My advice: DO NOT use Hotels.com for your travel arrangements. And if for some reason you are forced to use them, make sure that you call your hotel to confirm way in advance.

Hotels.comreport all hotels.com fraudulent actvities to the better business bureau

This fraudulent company needs to brought to justice. Report all disputes to the better business bureau and get this company dismembered. Hotels.com is not an honest operation. The business is deceptive from its advertisments, to issuing unauthorized charges, and fraudulent refund practices. The posts/reviews are all over and it is the same complaint from travelers near and far. Do not spend one moment comtemplating on whether you should book through these people. Go to where there is honest business, there are better places out there. Although there are shady business operations everywhere, be assured that this is definitely a company you do not want to deal with. You will same yourself the time, money, and peace of mind own the road.

• Re
                              Really? Sep 30, 2009

Do you have any facts?

Hotels.comno refund-the worst costumer service ever

We booked a hotel room at Days Inn in Melbourne, Florida for four nights through the website hotels.com. The hotel Days Inn was showing very high rated on the website hotels.com. After arriving, we were given the first room. Room was dirty, used bedding and a big 2.5 inch spider was on the mirrow. The girl on the reception gave us a second room with no reaction on the spider. Same thing. Bedding was used, room was dirty and everything very old and moldy. We woke up every 10 minutes because of a few towing trucks who were waiting on not allowed parking cars to tow them. We decided at 2:00 am to call this company hotels.com to rebook the hotel, trying to get a other hotel. After 15 Minutes discussion and transferring three times they came to the conclusion, that they will not rebook it, they do not move us to a other hotel. We have to pay the four nights for this hotel, but can book a other hotel too, but have to pay it also. They can not rebook a hotel. We are very
                            disappointed about this what they call customer service. All we wanted was a nice, clean and quiet hotel for our money, what they were showing on their website, but this company decided to collect money without given a service. We would agreed if this company hotels.com would charged us for this one terrible night we already staid and book us then in a other hotel for the last three nights even if the hotel would be cost more. We were checking out at the same night and stayed at a other hotel paid by our own. We would like to get the money for the three nights of not using this dirty hotel back. It can not be that a company can charge money for not using a service.

Damage Resulting = We paid $210.64 and were asking for getting the money back for the three nights we did not used the dirty hotel.

My advice: If you want to book a hotel online, try to find the hotel own website. You get most time better rate then with hotels.com anyway. What I found out.

mareenewzealand Apr 11, 2011

I agree with the complainant. Hotels.com has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. They are refusing to honour a confirmed booking that we made two months ago. We are being transferred around from department to department and have been cut off twice. Irrespective of the nature of compain, no one should ever be treated like this. Please, do not do business with this company if you value being treated like a human being. As the hotel employee above says, find your hotel using Hotels.com if you want to, but then, book through the hotel directly.

• Wh
                                What were you finking? Sep 18, 2009

I looked on the website, and 85% of customers recommend the place. Looking through the reviews, the worst say that it's cheap and you get what you pay for. But for a 2-star hotel, that's still a pretty good rating. The spider is not a big deal - it's Florida, after all. Probably not something they need to put on the website.