Having problems with Hotels.com?

Hotels.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 10, 2007. The latest review No refund from hotel because they closed due to Covid was posted on Oct 12, 2021. The latest complaint miscommunication between hotels.com and the charterhouse hotel hong kong was resolved on Aug 22, 2019. Hotels.com has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 647 reviews. Hotels.com has resolved 45 complaints.

Hotels.com Customer Service Contacts

800 246 8357 (United States)
800 807 6641 (United States)
800 224 6835 (Canada)
1800 11 142 079 (Phillipines)
+1 417 521 0845 (United States)
+44 203 024 8216 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 662 747 (Australia)
+64 99 151 135 (New Zealand)
+43 810 310 803 (Austria)
+32 22 008 524 (Belgium)
+45 43 682 330 (Denmark)
+353 16 569 439 (Ireland)
+31 207 006 039 (Netherlands)
+351 707 201 282 (Portugal)
+41 445 118 477 (Switzerland)
+20 800 844 1089 (The Middle East)
+27 214 277 778 (South Africa)
+852 30 774 856 (Hong Kong)
+65 68 185 638 (Singapore)
+82 234 800 145 (South Korea)
+54 115 354 2374 (Argentina)
+44 203 564 5228 (Other Countries)
5400 LBJ Freeway, Suite 500
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hotels.com Customer Service. Initial Hotels.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hotels.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hotels.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Hotels.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Hotels.com Complaints & Reviews, Page 14

Jun 17, 2019

University Plaza Waterfront Hotel — refusal to honor reservation:

I paid hotels.com the cost of rm arrived at hotel and ketty told me they dont accept pre paid cards I...

Hotels.comtheft

I called https://t.Co/4ayutdgh97 to get my refund status he said that i would have to buy a https://t.Co/4ayutdgh97 or pay pal or ebay card of $100.00 so i can get my refund it would be $169.00 i bought card gave him info on card then he said jt wasnt valid he told me buy another card for $200 that was an ebay gift card i told him why he said not to worry that there https://t.Co/4ayutdgh97 and that they wouldnt scam anyone so i did he eve passed me to his manager manager told me not to worry that i was gonna get my money and it was a total of $369.00 nothing they robbed me.

theft
theft

Hotels.comcustomer service

None responsive to my refund request. I'm requesting a refund on stolen gift cards but keep getting the run around from the customer service department via phone ( they appear not to have a clue about their jobs) also the people who handle refunds are none responsive. I've left a number of messages over sometime and there has been zero response. I even doubt such a department exists. I would really like some response from someone concerning my refund.

Hotels.compoor customer service/hotel I booked with ended up being overbooked

We booked a room through Hotels.Com a week before our trip/confirmed and paid for. We got to the hotel and they told us they were overbooked and stuck us at a hotel down the street that was not on the same level as the one we originally booked. That hotel covered the cost however it was not where we wanted to stay and not exactly as clean. Ridiculous. I called Hotel.Com and all I get is uummm hummm...so sorry...ummm huummm... ok ok...by someone who can barely speak English.

Hotels.com30 james street liverpool.

I was very disappointed in my recent stay at 30 James Street. On arrival the first room 11 we checked into was dull and very unclean (this was inspected by a member of the hotel team ). The carpets and walls were filthy with coffee/tan stains on and hair on the floor and towels. The toilet roll looked as if it had been picked out the toilet and dried. The room was nothing like the pictures on hotels.com and instead was dull dingy and tired looking. Following a complaint about this we were moved to the "Molly Brown Quarters", this room was marginally better however was still very unclean. We had to request all new towels due to the originals being filthy (picture attached), the pillows had what appeared to be mascara on and the bathroom had brown marks opposite the toilet. In return for our complaints (wasting an hour and a half of our trip !) we were offered a bottle of prosecco. However this still had not arrived nearly 2 hours after it being offered so we had to call down and request it to actually be sent.
        Overall I was not happy at all with our stay at 30 James Street and whilst I appreciate Jamielees offer of 25% of w future stay I certainly will not be returning and do not feel this is adequate compensation for such a poor stay.
        Made numerous attempts to contact management in order to discuss this. No reply to email within a week.
        Rachel Walsh- [protected]@icloud.com
        [protected]

30 james street liverpool.

Innercity Brisbane Oasisbooking made through hotels.com was not made even after they have even me the confirmation and payment taken.

I have made a booking for an apartment through hotels.com app online on 1 January 2019 and confirmation for the booking was sent to my yahoo and the payment was also made.

However, on 3rd June when I arrived at the premise, I was told that no booking was being made. And that they do not have any available to house my family of 4. I tried contacting the number given on the confirmation email but no one picked the call.

We were left stranded. Thank God was the apartment management committee leader was there to help me call the owner. However, the owner had informed me the agent that managed her apartment were informed before 1st January to stop leasing out her apartment as an B&B.

Kindly advise how we can get back our refund and also what Hotel.com will do to deal with such dishonesty.

Regards
          Priscilla
          Email: [protected]@yahoo.com

Hotels.comhotel liberty paris reservation, has, bed bugs, blood stains and poop on walls bedding and curtains.

Confirmation # [protected]
            I stayed at hotel liberty in Paris and when I arrived in my room it seemed fine upon inspection I noticed their was blood on the curtains.
            Poop stains on the bed, the towels had pubic hair on them. And the room was not as described. I stayed the night anyways as had nowhere else to go.
            I woke up with bedbug bites all over my entire body . Over 30 bedbug bites.
            The reception made me pay extra for changing rooms and when I had a friend over for coffee she stopped my friend rudly and called me and said it's against the law in France to have any visitors in hotels
            Then she tried to call me and accused me of taking a poop in the sink
            Of all things to accuse someone of what the hell is that?
            I requested a refund and they denied me.
            And I called hotel .com and they wouldn't help me
            I want a refund this room destroyed my skin I have bites everywhere and probably have contracted scabies from this hotel.
            Please fix this.
            Worst customer service I have ever seen in a hotel and most dirty and gross hotel I've ever stayed in. I only use hotels.com for my reservations and they have no way to contact anyone for a refund.
            This is terrible business practice.
            The blonde lady at reception is also so rude and she should not be working in a customer service industry

Hotels.comincorrect location

I made a booking for a hotel listed under the North Rim grand canyon. This location was actually in the South Rim grand canyon which is a 4 hour drive away. My reservation was not cancelled after contacting the hotel, Hotels.com customer service as well as the central booking office for the hotel. I am seeking full reimbursement for this booking based on misinformation given on the main (hotels.com) website home screen.

Hotels.comfailure to provide a refund

In August 2018 I booked a night at Estancia La Bamba de Areco in Argentina via Hotels.com for 28/3/19. I did so on the express understanding from the Hotels.com website that I could cancel free of charge up to a couple of days before the reserved date. On 18/3/19 my plans changed, and I contacted Hotels.com about a cancellation. I was assured, in writing, that I could cancel free of any charge, and would get a refund of 890 dollars.

No refund was paid. When I took this up with Hotels.com, they denied any responsibility, saying that they were simply a third party, and it was up to the hotel to decide if I would get a refund.

In numerous exchanges with them in the last few weeks, they have ignored the explicit assurances I was given at the time of booking and of cancellation.

I find their behaviour dishonest and would advise anyone not to use them

Hotels.comcustomer service

This company is a disgrace and should be shut down. Customer service does not exist within those walls. They are nothing but disrespect, homophobic trash. The incompetence is knee deep. Almost all amenities missing . I'm so curious and it's beyond angry because 24 hours later I'm still in Antigone the resolution from the get-go and they cannot go through with it all I got is hung up on and nothing back

customer service
                  customer service

Hotels.comfailure to honour commitment to give a refund

In August 2018 I reserved a room for 1 night for 28/3/18 at a luxury estancia near Buenos Aires (La Bamba de Areco), on the explicit understanding from the Hotels.com website that cancellation would be free of charge up to a couple of days before the reserved date. My plans changed in March, and I contacted Hotels.com on 18/3/19 about a cancellation. I was given an explicit assurance from their "chatbot" that I would receive a full refund of US 890, and, on that understanding, I proceeded to cancel.

When I had received no refund 6 weeks later, I contacted Hotels.com. In a series of e-mail exchanges, they kept denying that cancellation would be free of any charge up to a couple of days before the reserved date, claiming instead that there would be a full charge, subject to the hotel's discretion, within 30 days of the reserved date. And they keep ignoring the fact that I had been assured by their website that I would receive a full refund.

I am sick to death of their continued lying, and ignoring what THEY had told me.

Hotels.com[protected] confirmation

We were booked to stay at the Roxbury Suites hotel on May 15, 2018. We arrived at the hotel around 9 pm but it was closed. The entire town was in a black out due to a tornado. We could not even see the hotel from the road. We were still billed for this and want to be reimbursed. The confirmation code with hotels.com is [protected]

Shannon
                      [protected]

Hotels.comhotel stay cancelled

On 23rd March 2019 I made a booking for a one night stay at a Quality Inn for 16th April 2019 through hotels.com. I cancelled it straight away (within minutes) and NEVER received a confirmation of this stay at the time that I usually receive. Before booking another hotel (through hotels.com) I went onto live chat and received confirmation that it had been cancelled. So i made another booking (at a Country Inn through hotels.com, reservation number [protected]) but was still charged $79 (on 17th April) for my 'cancelled' booking. I want the refund of $79 back. My email is [protected]@hotmail.com.

• Updated by Richard Harrison · May 16, 2019

I have spent about an hour on another live chat with 'customer service' who said "the system wont allow me to make the refund". The steroetypical "the computer says no" response. Shame on you hotels.com

Hotels.comhotel reservation

5/12/2019 2:08am
                          My phone # [protected]
                          Tried booking a room with price match policy on agoda.com, spoke with norel, jack, andrew in sales each time the line got disconnected before transaction was complete, none call me back to follow up in reservation completion. I called back telling their staff on prey experience jude was rude & said they can not price match hung up on me. I call back talked to dee & raffi, raffi put me on silence because she think my frustration bothered her, she won't talk to me or help me or transfer the call to another's to help. I start making the call at 11:47pm until 2am on 5/12/2019. Over 2 hours of madness, why hotels.com hire unprofessional & untrained people & drive business away? My excitement of booking a vacation became anger, totally ruins the intent of giving hotels.com business.

Hotels.comwelcome rewards

Hi, I am looking for any help with a resolution. My daughter is graduating high school and I have been saving up my rewards to cash in all at once. Not counting the pending nights, I have 87 welcome rewards.
                            In February, we were driving to California and I tried to log into my account and noticed I couldn't get in. Finally called hotels.com and they said my email had been changed. It was an email that was NOT mine, so they said, no worries your booking is fine, we will fix it. I did stay at the hotel without any issues. On my drive home, I called again and they said they would fix my email issue. I have called other times, but these are the ones I documented. 2/21, 2/25, 3/8 and finally on 3/14 I called and spoke to an agent casey that advised me to open a new account with a new email and then they would merge the two accounts. I did that while on the phone with her. She told me they would merge the accounts within 72 hours and I would have access to my rewards.
                            Called 3/25 spoke with Paul who transferred me to manager Basti. Said he sees the 3/14 documentation but it was never processed. assures me in 72 hours, it will be dealt with and complete.
                            3/25 call for 26 minutes, he called welcome rewards back office, says manually verifying each night and since there are 87 nights, it takes awhile, but rest assured, nights will not be lost.
                            Old account #[protected] [protected]@cox.net
                            new account #[protected] [protected]@gmail.com
                            4/4 spoke to Rose she said it all looks good, just taking awhile due to number of nights.
                            4/17 spoke to greg on gold team. Confirmed 87 nights to transfer, give it 72 hours
                            4/29 Angelo said its all documented and taken care of, give 72 hours
                            5/1 account was noted as complete but transfer issue
                            5/7 Floyd verified accounts, said merge was done, they should post in 48 hours
                            5/9/19 was on phone over 2 hours. Spoke to jenine said old account has been closed and no access to verify. 35 minute hold them transferred and dropped call, not return call as promised. Called again spoke to Nize, 27 minute hold transferred to Cathy (manager) 47 minute hold, transfer to Heart, she said its out of her control, send an email to consumer [protected]@hotels.com. I did that with no response.
                            Please help as this is horrible customer service for someone that has been loyal and either a silver or gold member for years. Please reach out and help me resolve this issue so I can book my long awaited family vacation.
                            [protected]@gmail.com or [protected]

Hotels.comcustomer service

I spoke with a couple representatives tonight about a stay I previously had, staff was rude and had bugs in the room, would not reimburse me so I had an agent promise me 200usd credit towards my next booking, I been hung up on by supervisors and treat poorly! This is the worst i've ever in countered,
                              Would never book through hotels.com until my money is handled properly! Hotels.com needs to listen to phone calls and fire poor customer service agents

• Ca
                                  Casie Messer May 10, 2019

I agree, I am dealing with an issue myself. Did you get any response or resolution?

Hotels.comdishonesty about being able to cancel free of any charges

I booked 1 room in a luxury estancia, La Bamba de Areco, in August 2018 for 28/3/19, via Hotels.com. I did so on the explicit understanding from their website that cancellation upon to a couple of days before the reserved date would involve no charges/costs. My plans changed in March, and on 18/3/19 I cancelled the reservation. Before confirming the cancellation, I was expressly assured by the Hotels.com "chatbot" that I would receive reimbursement of US dollars 890. I have received no refund, and Hotels.com are now saying that any reimbursement is up to the hotel in question - expressly ignoring the assurances I received in August 2018 and on 18/2/19.

Hotels.comprice match guarantee policy

I had booked with hotels.com for my trip to Las Vegas (4/26/2019~4/28/2019) although I saw lower rate on Agoda.com because Hotels.com offered price match "guarantee" policy. However, when I submit my request to their customer service, it's being denied/rejected with excuses like "oh... the rate that's showing on Agonda.com does not include fees and taxes. Also your captured screen shot does not include cancellation policy." Fist of all, Hotels.com charged separate amount for taxes and fees. Mine was 134.48 on top of 251.28 per night per room. In addition, on the page where you submit your price guarantee request does NOT require you to capture cancellation policy.
                                  (My captured screen shot does show room type, number of guests, check in & out dates).

However, when I spoke with 3 different CS managers, the responses were "You did not follow our policy and other customers are doing it the right way" It seems they are just trying to come up with excuses not to deliver what's being advertised on their website.

My desirable resolution would be a refund on rate difference.
                                  - Hotels.com: $251.28
                                  - Agoda.com: $209.00
                                  - 2 rooms for 2 night - I should get a refund of $169.12

This is beyond acceptable customer service on hotels.com, and I'm really disappointed by how their "managers" handled this situation.

price match guarantee policy

Hotels.comrefund not received / unethical behaviour

I had booked two different hotels for the same dates (from 11.03 to 13.03) using the Hotels.com platform .

I canceled one of the bookings shortly after, by realizing the mistake. Then I saw that the refund was only partial. It was refunded 26, 86€ out of 134, 29€.

I am a frequent customer of the hotel "Seibel" and usually book through Hotels.com. I suggested that either they should provide the full refund or use these nights as credit for another time, since I regularly stay at the same hotel.

The hotel "Seibel" had confirmed that they did not receive any money from Hotels.com. On the other side, Hotels.com says that they cannot provide the rest of the refund because they cannot reach "Seibel" hotel, although Seibel hotel already contacted and informed them!

It seems that Hotels.com is trying to avoid the refund and being unethical. It has been already almost 2 months that I am trying to get this amount back, without success.

Hotels.comrewards program

Not accommodating with rewards program. Unaware of the expiration date and due to health crisis my rewards expired. When I tried to redeem it was 2 months past expiration date and the supposedly had "nothing we can do about that". Poor service. There is something they can do...but they chose not to. I understand having policies surrounding rewards; however, there should be some consideration for the loyal customers...but no.