Home Depothires substandard sub contractors

After years of anticipation I finally ordered my new kitchen from Home Depot. I got Thomasville cabinets and a beautiful Staron counter top. It was all very pricey but I had waited so long. Date of installation was Sept. 16. One very old man and a teenager who smoked arrived. Immediately the installer, an employee of Greencraft who contracts with Home Depot, was upset because he 'installs' and does not 'remove' old kitchens. He treated me as if this was my fault I had a kitchen. He called Greencraft and they told him he would have to do the 'tear down' because the office had made a mistake in scheduling. This old man was visibly upset and when he hung up the phone he began pulling and tearing at my almost brand new Maytag dishwasher. I asked him why he was treating it like that and he told me he was ordered to take everything out of the kitchen. He continued pulling and tearing at the dishwasher door. I was so upset I called Home Depot management and one of their employees at home. When I went back to the kitchen he was still tearing at the door. I told him I watched it be installed and the men had screwed something toward the bottom. He then bent down and uscrewed it and pulled the dishwasher out. He also caused a leak in my water valve, shorted wires coming from the stove vent. He used screws that were too long and broke out into the next cabinet even splitting the wooden cabinet frame. Home Depot has since repaired all the damage this installer did but my dishwasher is still broken. A Home Depot employee came to inspect it and observed the latch has been broken as well as the door gasket. I am waiting for a new dishwasher. and waiting and waiting. There seems to be a battle between who will pay for it and all I know is I have $10, 000 worth of what are now 'scratch and dent' Thomasville cabinets and a broken dishwasher. Calls to Home Depot Corporate has resulted in...'Oh that's terrible. I'll call you next week and find out if this has been resolved." I have been told that the particular installer no longer works for Greencraft. That doesn't help me now. Home Depot never should have contracted with a company that hires such workers.

• Ga
    GARY DECKER Jun 18, 2013

I ordered a new granite counter top...when it was installed I found it was to wide, cuts were terrible and the sink cut was to big. Home Depot refused to replace the counter top and after three weeks gave me a check for half...I refuse to do any further business with HOME DEPOT.