Having problems with Home Depot?

1800 628 0525 (Canada)
1800 759 2070 (Pro Xtra Customer Service, Canada)
1800 747 3787 (Credit Card Accounts, Canada)
1800 004 6633 (Mexico)
+1 800 466 3337 (USA, Sales)
+1 800 430 3376 (USA, Customer Service)
+1 877 946 9843 (USA, Major Appliances)
+1 866 875 5488 (USA, Consumer Account)
2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, #B #3
Atlanta, New Jersey
United States - 30339-1834

Complaints & Reviews

double charged - can't get resolution

Don't ever shop at the Vernon Hills, IL Home Depot. On 5/16/09, I purchased a lawn tractor and...

discrimination

My 69 years old father went out and got a new lawn mower from Home Depot and it was defective. The purchase...

customer no service

This month I went online to pay my Home Depot credit card bill. My modem had crashed on May 1st and they didn't get me a new out until May 6, 2009. Therefore I was late paying my bill.

When I went online to view my current bill, I noticed that there was a late fee of $39.00. The bill was due on May 31, 2009 and was late as of May 05, 2009. I thought this was a bit steep for a late charge.

Then I happened to notice that the interest rate had risen 12%. I had not received any notice of the rate increase. So I called customer service for Home Depot listed on the website.

I spoke to a young female and asked her to explain the steep late fee. She stated that since the account was past due by 2 days the late fee was assessed. I then asked her to check and see if the interest rate increase was correct. She stated that it was. I asked her why the rate increase and she stated "Because you were late on your payment".

I asked to speak to her supervisor. After about 5 minutes a male supervisor came to the phone and I explained the situation to him. I told him that I did not get a paper bill anymore and paid my bill online and because of the modem failure I could not get on the Internet to pay my bill.

The supervisor said "Well you were late in your payment and it is written in the credit card contract that they can go up on the interest rate if you are late". I asked him to look on my account and to see how many times I have been late with my payment. He stated, rather sheepishly, "I can only look back 12 months and you have not been late before. I can't see any further back". I told him I had had the card for 2 years and had never been late before and I could not believe they would increase the interest rate that much and charge a $40.00 late fee. He essentially said that that was the way the contract was written and if I had a problem with it to call another service number tomorrow. He was also somewhat sarcastic.

The moral to this story is that this is just another corporation that has mishandled their business, are now in financial trouble and are now punishing their customers by nickel and dimeing them to death just to keep up the bottom line. Forget the customers and customer service.

The employees they hire will run from you when you try to ask them a question. They don't know anything about the products they sell and don't want to try to be of any help. There is a Lowe's 3 blocks from this Home Depot. This appears to be a systemic problem within the whole Home Depot Corporation. No wonder they are in trouble.

I am going to cut up my Home Depot credit card. I will not spend any more of my money at Home Depot and would urge anyone else to no longer do any business with this failing company.

• Me
    megan miller May 07, 2009

Libraries have free internet. If you opted not to receive a paper bill and knew when your bill was due, it was still your responsibility to pay it. Sorry you are mad, but read the fine print. (Why I use cash).

• Da
    dalet May 17, 2009

well, we are supost to know when our bills are due and that your pc crushed certanly can not be put at blame on Home Depot.

• Ts
    TSan1905 May 23, 2009

Umm that was nobody's fault but your own. It's not the stores fault that you didn't pay you're bill. And there is nothing employees can do about it. I used to work there. You could've used another computer to pay you're bill. You have to pay your bills or yes you will be charged a late fee. Thats Life. If you can't handle it don't have credit cards. But it's certainly not home depot's fault. And another thing.. you customers just stop anyone with orange on. Maybe for instance, you stop a cashier and ask them about flooring. No they're not going to know. Just because you see them in the department doesn't mean that they actually work it. That's probably why you get people who don't know. So them running from you..probably not. Although who could blame them if they did run from customers? Half of their questions are so dumb it's just a waste of time talkin to them anyway.

• binder May 23, 2009

You called customer service to complain about the late fee & interest fee hike, but you couldn't call them to pay your bill? That's sure taking initiative . Or did your phone crash too?

• Jm
    jmonster73 Jul 21, 2009

What a dope! Citibank handles your credit card. Read the terms of the card and what happened to you is explained in the terms of agreement. If you had been nice and not thought the world was out to crush you, then I bet the first person could have reversed the late fee and interest rate increase because you had a good payment history. But I'm sure you were a jerk and were whining like an old fart. Hey, was your car broken too? Because you could have paid you bill at the store or used an old fashioned thing called a stamp. Fools like you that think it is everyone else's fault and not your own. As far as customer service, looks like both did a great jo. They answered the questions you posed to them correctly. What I don't see asked was, could they remove the fee and interest rate because you had a good payment history. No you were to worried about telling everyone what horrible service you got because this was all your fault in the first place.

• Rl
    rlcole23 Aug 12, 2009

Um you could go to the library or maybe call it in, oh yeah there is a thing such as a stamp and an envelope. It's your own fault all that happened. Next time thinki and don't be stupid.PWNED.

• Un
    unwise Nov 03, 2009

Some of the above comments were on target, but what I object to about the $35.00 late fee was the way it came about. We had a .13 deficit that's right 13 cents but because of the method that Citibank uses (via the way Citibank handles Home Depot credit cards) the .13 cents became $2.00 because they charge 263.98 % on outstanding balances. We thought that the $2.00 billing was a glitch ... Yes we should have been more alert! But really who would have thought that .13 cents would have compounded to $37.00. I know this may be hard to follow and I think that must be the reason why the statements from Home depot are difficult to read. I am very disappointed in Home Depot. and Citibank. Their method of accounting is unreasonable and unconscionable so we will not be using a Home Depot card any time soon. They have made their choice to lose a customer. What is really annoying is that I have stock in Home Depot.

• Ho
    homedepotslave Jan 02, 2010

You can pay your bill at the registers as well, as a cashier I do this many times a day! We could even call and find out how much your payment is for you.

Your fault 100% percent.

• Je
    Jenniferin Griffin May 10, 2011

Totally your fault. Call the 800 number, go to a local HD, or hit the library. I'm sure you have a friend or two that is an internet subscriber.

patio chairs

I had bought a patio set from home depot, brand name hampton bay model a014f64 - 2 and soon after both swival end chairs broke at the swival. I returned to home depot and they said to go on line and deal with the company. Well after months and then years i have not had any luck in getting the chairs replaced. . . I would settle for the stationary ones like the other four (4) . . . I can take photo's if necessary. . .

Brad desimas
537 w. Country ct.
Visalia ca. 93277
[protected]

• Pa
    PAM STAFFORD Aug 30, 2009

I had the exact same problem with a hampton bay swivel chair. My husband was sitting in the chair when it broke. He was recovering from shoulder and 2 wrists surgery and it threw him to the concrete. Won't ever buy hampton bay again.

• Pe
    Peter Ferchmin Jan 30, 2010

No way to get a replacement glass for Hampton Bay desk lamp model 1227

joe holiday Jun 17, 2010

My swivel chair broke last week. Set is less then a year old i am 190 lbs i sat in chair and it broke i hit my head got 28 Stitches and missed 4 days of work because my back is so bad

• Da
    David Do. Jun 23, 2013

I have the same ### set from home depot not there fault but it's the Hampton bay Calabria 7 pc's set and a week ago I was sitting it the swivel rocker and guess what happend yup you got it strait back onto my back the 3 tubes holdin the base broke right of no at the welds but about 2" down I don't understand why this would happen or why they don't just give a replacement no ? Asked there must be a lawsuit if not ones comming.im still in the process of getting a replacement and I'm not paying for it [email protected] them I will never ever buy something that is made by this manufacture witch is ...(BJI)...
    I would buy another set from another manufacturer before giving these ### another penny.Cant wait to get on the phone Monday with the manufacturer and give them a piece of my mind.

awful company

Visited Home Depot on 03/22/09 looking for a storm door. Found what I was looking for. Came back on 03/25/09 to place the order. Sales associate was professional, knowledgeable and knew what he was talking about. Gave me a mail-in rebate, plus a 10% discount (opened a Home Depot account). Sales Associate stated that the order will be delivered with 10 days. I expected 15 days (basic delays). On 04/08/09 called Home Depot checking to see if the Storm Door has arrived to their premises so we can schedule an installation date; The sales associate stated that it will be delivered to home depot on 04/10/09 (Friday eve). I understood the sales associate and was happy to know that at least the door will be at the premise. Today Monday 04/13/09 I placed a call to schedule the installation, I get a manager her title is Expiditer (what an irony - she is supposed to expedite your order - Hahh); I gave her my phone number to look up my order. I told her I was hoping we can schedule the install this week either today or sometime this week. And all she had to say is that the door is not even delivered, and that installation services are not even available for another 2 weeks that if we can book them! I held my self back, and tried to understand what she was trying to say, but that did not help. She kept repeating her self again and again.. At that point I had to end our conversation and call Home Depot Corporate to file a complaint... All I need is a Storm Door installed soon, and not in the next season...

In Such a bad economy, while customer portfolios are shrinking in every business, holding on to your loyal customers must be or supposed to be the vendor # 1 priority. But that does not seem the case. Even if you are a come back customer, and you open a credit account with the vendor and follow the sales associate recommendations, that conduct is no longer appreciated by Home Depot. The only resolution in this case would be an advise to all readers, to pay an extra dollar and go to LOWES. My mistake was not going to LOWES thinking I would save some money, ... but you know what, I would rather be told the truth about a delivery, pay the extra dollar than being delayed over and over again after being promised something else.

• Ar
    Arnold Jul 11, 2009

Visited Home Depot on 03/22/09 looking for a storm door. Found what I was looking for. Came back on 03/25/09 to place the order. Sales associate was professional, knowledgable and knew what he was talking about. Gave me a mail-in rebate, plus a 10% discount (opened a Home Depot account). Sales Associate stated that the order will be delivered with 10 days. I expected 15 days (basic delays). On 04/08/09 called Home Depot checking to see if the Storm Door has arrived to their premises so we can schedule an installation date; The sales associate stated that it will be delivered to home depot on 04/10/09 (Friday eve). I understood the sales associate and was happy to know that at least the door will be at the premise. Today Monday 04/13/09 I placed a call to schedule the installation, I get a manager her title is Expiditer (what an irony - she is supposed to expidite your order - Hahh); I gave her my phone number to look up my order. I told her I was hoping we can schedule the install this week either today or sometime this week. And all she had to say is that the door is not even delivered, and that installation services are not even available for another 2 weeks that if we can book them! I held my self back, and tried to understand what she was trying to say, but that did not help. She kept repeating her self again and again.. At that point I had to end our conversation and call Home Depot Corporate to file a complaint... All I need is a Storm Door installed soon, and not in the next season...

In Such a bad economy, while customer portfolios are shrinking in every business, holding on to your loyal customers must be or supposed to be the vendor # 1 priority. But that does not seem the case. Even if you are a come back customer, and you open a credit account with the vendor and follow the sales associate recommendations, that conduct is no longer appreicated by Home Depot. The only resolution in this case would be an advise to all readers, to pay an extra dollar and go to LOWES. My mistake was not going to LOWES thinking I would save some money, ... but you know what, I would rather be told the truth about a delivery, pay the extra dollar than being delayed over and over again after being promised something else.

• St
    Stlina Sep 28, 2009

On 8-20-08 I ordered a 2, 000.00 dollar tractor from home depot's website I paid 204.00 for delivery, Home Depot delivered the tractor to my residence 4 days ago in a locked 200lbs metal cage/crate that can not be opened by the average consumer, special tools are required to set the tractor free from its prison, I called Home-Depot, The Shipping Company and they refuse to come over to my residence and set the tractor free, they actually asked me to go out and buy a drill a wrench and a rubber mallet so i can set my tractor free, Home-Depot is the worst I will never purchase anything from them as long as I live and i will tell my story to as many people as I possibly can.

Maser Dec 23, 2009

I was referred to a HVAC contractor by Home Depot. After deciding on this contractor who mentioned 12 month no interest on HD card, I decided to apply. I called and emailed to inquire about 12 month 0 interest. Was told via phone only 6 month existed! I noticed online that 12 mon was available on HVAC installation. I applied online and received 1200 (not enough for 12K job. I called number on temporary card to request increase. I was asked several question about credit info (i.e. car loan company, etc.)passed series of questions, but was then transferred to someone else who asked me questions about my nieces residence, ex-husband's sisters birth month, which I explained I had no knowledge. Asked about my twin sister's rental property and several other addresses. Nevertheless was denied credit because I couldn't be "verified & high fraud rate online." Explained questions had no relevance to me & credit report. Ashley, Judgmental Coach & Teresa, Credit Underwriter, (Tenn) "can't change questions." Went into store, store personnel couldn't believe my story and called credit division. Stacy & Joe (Florida call ctr), "we use public database that is in my report" I check credit report monthly, since bank institution had laptop stolen several years ago...all info correct! How would I know my ex-husband's sister's birth month! My twin sister's rental property locations or her daughter's city of residence? WHY was I denied credit with a 700+ credit score. If home depot doesn't want to give credit, say so, but don't put up BOGUS questions that have nothing to do with me!!

• Dj
    djdan Dec 22, 2010

Home Depot claim the corporate code of ethics the "do the right thing" however, they do not... they treat customer with disrespect and no diginity. Corporate policy is ahead of any reasonable customer concerns or complaints. Doing what is right sometimes requires thinking "out of the box". They do not and it is dissapointing...I personally will never set foot in another Home Depot...they are not the type people I like to do business with. I would encourage others to think about your next purchase, Lowes is the same quality and Menards is cheaper...

• Dj
    djdan Dec 22, 2010

correct...

water heater

I’ve ordered Home Depot Installation of a GE 40 gallon 12 Yr warranted Water Heater to be installed...

interior doors

Ordered 5 interior cherry wood 6 panel doors for one hallway area in my home. Three of the door were...

loan sharks

Got a Rain Soft sytem that they promoted these clowns to finance, after 30 days raised rate 2% after another 30 days raised it again another 2% and gave me 15 days notice of the chage. When I called they said they needed to do this due to having a bad portfolio. To bad Finco you are crooked and I am going to presue legal remedies as proper notice was not given. Stay away from Rain Soft and American Finco and Home Depot knows better.

• Pa
    Pam Mar 25, 2009

American FINCO is financed thru CITbank (not citibank), which became an actual bank in 12/2008, and received $2.33 mill bailout then. CIT financial company is run under Japan laws.

• Pj
    P J Jul 06, 2009

I purchased a water system from a local dealer in Oklahoma City in December 2008, which was financed with American Finco. Made one payment in January 2009 received a notice interest increased to 22.99% for February 2009. Then July 2, 2009 received another notice beginning July 17th interest rate increased to 25.99% if paid on time but if you were 30 days past due the increase would be 30.99%. I will not deal with any company that finances with American Finco or CIT BANK AGAIN.

• Br
    broke_n_tennessee Dec 22, 2009

We purchased a Rainsoft system through FINCO also. They are disgusting! The monthly "service" fees are unbelievable. It will take us 15 years to pay this off!!! What they are doing should be against the law. I have told everyone I know to stay away from this company. I totally regret ever doing business with Rainsoft.

• Le
    learned a lesson Feb 12, 2010

The same thing has happened to us. Purchased our RainSoft water system over a year ago and every month American Finco has raised our interest. We have never been late with a payment but they raise it anyway. We're up to 26% interest now and owe more than we did when we purchased the system. Big LOAN SHARKS. We are borrowing money from a reputable company to pay them off and will file a heated complaint with Home Depot which you're right should know better. Would be nice if theres any legal action we can take. Might take an ad out in the paper warning people about them.

• Du
    duckie19982000 Mar 21, 2010

Wow..it is upsetting to know that we were not the only ones who have been ripped off by these people. We owe more now that it cost to purchase the product also, and I am to the point where I just don't pay the bill and don't answer the phone calls. I am hoping to pay them off via a loan or another credit card but now they show on my credit history as bad. This company is nothing but a scam...right along with the company who installed the Rainsoft system! They are giving Home Depot and Rainsoft a bad name..you would think these companies would learn their lesson.

• Jt
    JT^^^ May 07, 2010

Had a conversation with a rep from Home Depot/Rain Soft last night. He said my friend received the Rain Soft unit for free and no maintenance cost. My friend used me as a reference. Rain soft rep. went through the demostration with our water but we ran out of time. I have him coming back later in May. This is when he will tell me the cost! What is the newest scheme they are using to give a "free" unit out to my friend. I have a bad feeling about this whole process now from reading these comments above. I did get a $25 gift card from Home Depot for the first hour of this guys time!

no refund

I submitted a rebate request via the internet on Oct 30, 2008. There was no acknowledgment of the request at that time. Bad sign. Submission # [protected] On 12/31/2008 i received a letter from HD saying they were unable to honor my request and asked for further purchase information. On Jan 5 2009 I mailed ALL the purchase information for a Maytag refrigerator. Home Depot HAS NOT refunded a $65.00 delivery charge as of March 3, 2009. They also did not acknowledge receipt of the proof of purchase and delivery.

• Ca
    cali consumer Aug 27, 2009

FYI, rebates usually go through the manufacturer not the store, and rebates often require a receipt. Just ask for a copy, and the cashiers or service people will give you extras so you can keep your original.

fraud and cheating

Went to Home depot to place a cabinet order, back in July of 2008, had a designer do my kitchen design. Designer had a blank room no windows or anything else installed at the time. Found the style of cabinets etc. Placed the order.

First cabinet order came beginning of September, he ordered 42' cabinets for the walls and a 96' oven cabinet problem was we had 96' floor to ceiling, also ordered crown molding totaled 6' to go on top of cabinets. Guess you all know it wouldn't fit. Designer said no problem we'll fix the order.

Here we are after 8 orders most of them wrong type wrong sizes. Still trying to get a refund on what we already returned to them have had our entire home dismantled for all this time.

Finally have had to call corporate offices to try and get somewhere. Long story short. We paid over $10, 000 for what should have only cost us around $8000 not to mention the fact the original design is off by over 3' sink isn't where it should be outlets switches etc. are all wrong window is in the wrong spot cook top hood is in the wrong spot. Holes in roof and ceiling are in the wrong spots have to repair and redo everything over. We went entirely by their design. Forgot to mention had to pay to have them measure, and guess what that was wrong too. Designer says the problem is we were the installers. Got in my husbands face in front of store manager and the joker still hasn't been fired yet. Now they have the nerve to tell us we owe them a balance due on our orders at minimum 15-20% more than we already paid.

After going over all the bills, it appears to me that they charged me almost double for smaller cabinets, to make it look like we owe them money. We had to cancel family dinners, vacations, a 70th birthday party and almost life in general since August until now. Install and uninstall reinstall etc. all these cabinets, repair holes in walls ceiling roof and they think we are going to pay them more money.

We were ignored by store managers for months. Threatened by a designer, and just entirely ripped off by Home Depot. I would love to be able to find anyone that has had similar problems and file a lawsuit. If we were charging just labor to them for the damages it would be over $30, 000 that they should owe us. Not to mention all the stress etc. I would love to see them have to pay us little guys for the damages. Oh forgot to mention the 8 cabinet orders have been in my living room all this time finally had to pay to put some in storage so we could at least walk in our room. They don't want to pay the storage either think that part should be our problem never mind they were supposed to come and pick them up 6 months ago. Still waiting for that to happen too. If you want to redo your kitchen please please please go some place else. Learn from our mistake.

• Ed
    Edward Harris Jul 24, 2008

I purchased a garage door opener on 06/09/08. It wasn't installed correctly an the door doesn't come down the way it should. I have been calling them for a month an a half an they won't send anyone out to check on it. they say someone is coming the next day an they never do come. I am very very upset!

• Valerie Sep 26, 2008

I was shopping in the store w/ a friend and had to rush to the hospital in his car to see my grandma at the ER room. When I came back several hours back from the hospital, my car was towered by Home Depot. The store manager had no apology and was very rude. I was directed to call three different numbers which nobody answered. I still had no clue where is my car. How outrage this is!!!

Home Depot ***!!! Will never ever shop at Home Depot again!!! Watch out your car on Home Depot parking lot while shopping!!!

• Ra
    rachit Dec 04, 2008

like to chat with girls

credit card address error

I bought an old house four years ago that i have been slowly remodeling. I had spent close to $80, 000 in purchases from Home Depot over that time period using my visa card. I opened a Home Depot card to get a discount one time. I never activated the card so they (Home Depot Credit declare it lost/stolen). When I tried to use it they informed me of that so destroyed the card and they were more than happy to open another card for me right on the spot so I could get my discount on a chop saw. I never had to fill out another application...very easy at the time. Several months later i'm getting weird calls from Home Depot that sounded to me like telemarketing calls so i was very short with them, "thanks but no thanks and take me off your call list". Well eventually i learned that it was a home depot credit card company collection agency. they had reopened my credit card so i could get the discount on the chop saw but used a previous address (five years old) not my current address. I have a fantastic credit score, i've spent $80, 000 at there store and they're treating me like a deadbeat. I was pissed. They have my SSN from my previous credit card and my current address because they send my stuff all the time and i also had a contractor credit card with them. I immdediately attempted to resolve the matter on the phone, i offered to give them another credit card number to pay for the saw but they said that the only way i can do it over the phone was if i gave them my bank routing and account numbers...i told them there was no way i'm going to be giving out that info to them. I also said that they is no way i'm paying late fees and finance charges given that i considered this their fault. They were ok with that so i went to the customer service desk at Home Depot to pay off the saw but she needed my card number, i said i never recieved a card because they probably sent it to an old address and she could not contact a human at the credit department without a credit card number. She effectively through up her hands and said sorry. I told her to dial the number again and give me the phone. I kept hitting zero when prompted for the number and eventually got a CS person. I once again explained the situation and she told me the amount to write the check for and to simply put my SSN on the check and the service desk person should be able to accept the check...i hung up. well that turned out to not be the case, the service desk person didnt seem to be well versed in that process so i once again had to jump through hoops on the phone to get the credit card person back. I handed the phone back to the girl behind the counter and she eventually accepted the payment. So i thought this unpleasant matter was behind, today i am still getting robo calls from the home depot credit bureau/collection agency. i called home depot pissed and they said that they are not responsible. I tell them that they're name is on the card. They have contracted with the credit card company. They make money from my credit card purchases with that card. They offer discounts to use that card. They accept payments for purchases on that card. I would say that they have some skin in the game when it comes to how that credit card company does business and how it treats Home Depot customers.

Anyway, Home Depot is the last place i will choose to do my shopping in the future. I've had other bad experiences in the stores but this one finally pushed me over the edge.

Pete
Old Bennington, Vermont

• Ft
    FTBLFAN Mar 28, 2009

I have had a HD Card for over a year...I was accidentally late on a payment this week and started getting robo calls immediately. I finally got a call from a live person and proceeded to let him know that I had posted a payment online after the first call - 2 days earlier - and then I told him to put it in their system that he and his telephone harassment pals could ### off.
    I will pay this card off this month and NEVER use it again, and I will NEVER shop in a Home Depot again either.

• Ti
    Tim May 09, 2009

I can top everything. I have had a card for 3 years. I have never been late one time. I even bought some zero interest for 12 month stuff and didn't get it paid off in time so all the interest hint. I blame myself for the mistake. I paid accordingly because it was my fault. So, I got laid off 3 weeks ago. I called Citibank (they run Home Depot's program) the next day. They informed me that there was nothing they could do to work with me because I was on time and the account had to go past due before they could work with me (DUMB COMMENT #1). So, I called when the account went past due. They then told me that they could put me on a program. Ready for this...I could close the account, pay $100 a month MORE on my payment for 6 months and that would help me. (DUMB COMMENT #2). So apparently, even though I have $70k a year less income, adding $100 a month to my payment is some big help that I should be thankful for!!! Finally, I got a supervisor on the line. He told me that because of my perfect payment history, I don't qualify for other programs (DUM COMMENT #3). Apparently, you have to have really bad credit with them to get any kind of help. He then tells me that the only way I can get the payment lowered would be to go to a Credit Counseling service. I am trying to work with them to avoid hurting my credit and make sure they get all that is due to them. They want me to go to a Counseling service that will actually cause them to get less money. Additionally, I have spent nearly $10k with HD in the past 3 years. Now, because of their actions, I will become a loyal Lowe's customer. People wonder why banks are failing? It is this kind of stupidity that causes it!!! Don't shop at HD and NEVER USE any kind of CITI Card.

• Tr
    Trillan19 Feb 11, 2013

My husband got a Home Depot card a few years ago...it doesn't matter if he is putting payments on it late or on time because Home Depot calls every single flippin day anyway. They don't just call once. They start calling at 8:30am all the way up to 8:30pm and even on weekends. I have tried being nice and asked them not to call 10 times a day everyday and def not after 8pm, they don't listen. I have tried being mean and yelling at them...also doesn't work. There must be something that I can do to stop these harassing calls. I'm so sick and tired of these people. I will not shop at Home Depot ever again...I have advised every person I know to never ever get a card with them. Ill deal with Lowes any day of the week over Home Depot. I am almost tempted to cancel my home phone line because I can't take the calls anymore as I'm 8 months pregnant and on sick leave from work. I hope anyone reading this takes my advice and stays away from Home Depot. Seriously people...they are relentless.

haier clothes washer

March 2008 I purchased a new clothes washer and it was delivered directly to me from haier and had water sloshing around in it before I installed it, never used by me. I was told by both haier and home depot that they were not responsible and it was my fault! It was never used by me. I bought a brand new washer and receved a refurbished machine!

washer/dryer combo extended service plan does not w

I purchased a LG washer/dryer combo back in August 2007 and bought the extended service plan as I know these...

their employees are terrible

I was in O'Fallon Illinois Home Depot on Tue. Feb.9th and a female employee went off on her bosses. The language was unacceptable. This happened in the morning. That afternoon I called my company to stop doing business with Home Depot until a formal apology was made publicly.

Employees need to respect there companies. These statements should have been made behind closed doors. This employee has no right to work for this and any other company who deals with the public. The bosses should demand more respect from their employees. That why other countries are taking over our country because they demand respect.

purvislets Mar 02, 2009

Did you ever speak to a member of management at the store, or follow up with them to find out if the employee still worked there? As a store associate, I'd be surprised to hear if she still worked there after an outburst such as the one you described.

Please don't judge all Home Depot employees on the actions of just one.

custom paint colors

The manager of the paint section at the Merrifield Home Depot in Vienna (VA) indicated on 2/1/2009 that he...

poor pay practices

THD At-Home Services is a horrible place to work for. I subcontracted for the Kent Wa branch every job I went to for the 1st 4 months the customers complained of poor customer service. Or they were outright hostle with me due to their poor customer service.
This company wanted me to work for free but charge the customers an arm and leg.
My biggest issue with them is waiting 6 months to get paid for a job that was completed. They paid the wrong contractor I had to prove the other contractor didnt do the job. Then they still did not pay I had to wait another month.
They do not pay for extra work they want us the contractor to do for free. Example they had a fair cost for me to hang wood trim outside $35. That was fair for the labor but the materials usually cost $35. So they paid the labor but not materials.
They charge the customer a less than 3 window charge but that doesnt always go to the contractor. I had a job that was 3 windows. I get to the job 1 window was mis-measured by one of the THD's many unqualified project managers. I put in the 2 that did fit the one that didnt was not my error. I could not get paid a less than 3 charge of $50 because the job wasnt sold that way.
There are alot of cost to the cusomer that does not get paid to us. They charge $40 a window to dispose of the old windows. You can throw them out yourself and save it but we get paid the same either way.
They charge a 2nd story charge for windows above groung floor. We dont see extra.
Dont buy with these guys find you a good dependable local contractor because you will get a better deal than Depot.
And Depot will hire anyone with a lic. & Insurance. Doesnt matter if they are qualified they will send them to your door step.

• Em
    emphanidzo Aug 20, 2009

You are a bumbling idiot, and need to get your facts straight. They do not charge to dispose, they do not charge to do second story and so on. Sounds like you were looking for the pot of gold in the Depot and ended up with a bucket of reality.

• Ke
    Kelly Randall May 05, 2011

Having sold windows for THD in the past (left 2 months ago), I can agree with some of these comments, but not most). THD is set up to make the company a profit first. There are areas that the company needs to improve upon. The installers should be paid more for additional work. However, THD absolutely does not charge a "second story" fee. Nor do they charge for haul-away (many companies do). I don't know what the market was in your area, but I have nothing but great things to say about the installers here (Delaware/Maryland Eastern Shore). They are professional and dependable. I have always been proud of the jobs I've sold. They've done a terrific job with installation - as have the project managers. I haven't worked with anyone I considered even marginally unqualified. It sounds as though you weren't clear about your arrangement before starting with THD. BTW, the installers here are paid the same week that the job is complete. Good luck to you.

• Tb
    T-Bone Steak Aug 22, 2011

Home Depot at home services is going down the toilet quick! Management treats employees like trash and then sticks it in your ### for good measure.
    They are good at brain washing you to believe that Home Depot is the only way. Do yourself a favor and escape the HELL that is Home Depot and you will be free at last. Wake up people! You are being told to put in 50-60 hours a week with NO base salary. Get a real job, get paid for your time and be respected. I did! =)

• Aw
    awwwwww Sep 23, 2011

For the most part, All of the complaints I hear here are do to Cheap People buying the cheapest product and then complaining that it is not the best. For what it is worth Premium Quality windows do not cost 450.00. I had windows installed in my rent home and used the American Craftsman PREMIUM window. It is a good window for the money. I also had it installed by Home Depot's Installation services. I paid around 800 a window. This included everything. Permits, fixing a couple pieces of wood and installing the window and had a great experience. I really wanted to have them install the other line of windows but they were more. If it would have been my home I would have installed the Simonton windows. The old saying is you got what you paid for.

won't honor service plan

I bought a microwave from Home Depot with an extended service plan, but they will not honor it. I have the receipt and contract number, I'm trying to have my microwave replaced, but they told me the plan that they sold me is not for the microwave and is wrong.The plan is misguiding, it says complete replacement for one year ($100 to $149.99 value) for $14.99. I paid !49.00 for it But on the other hand they put the microwave in the same category as Major appliances and the fee is higher.I bought the plan because they proposed it to me and I bought it in good faith.
I'm not getting anywhere with them, the store manager tried to give me my money back with a credit, they won't cut me a check. Something is fishy. I have tried to call Home depot about the plan but get nowhere, they keep me calling in circles.
Who should I file a complaint with, The BBB?

purvislets Mar 02, 2009

As far as offering you a store credit, that is unfortunately the only thing that they can do. The computers will not authorize a refund other than store credit for any purchase over 90 days old (or 30 days in some situations).

It's obvious that whoever sold you the ESP didn't know what they were doing. If I were you, I'd take the store credit refund and use it to purchase a new microwave with the correct service plan. You'll even end up with a little money on the store credit left over since the cost for the correct service plan will be less than what you paid originally.

Basically, you'd be getting the same deal you would have had if the ESP was inputted correctly: a replacement microwave.

Chris Mar 12, 2009

The problem was Home depot only wanted to refund me the cost of the extended plan, that's what this complaint is all about.
    I have since contacted Georgia BBB and the HD headquarter did contact me and directly resolved the problem by giving me a gift certificate for the amount of the microwave replacement. I still resent having to make phone calls after phones calls that led me in circles with no one willing to help or bother to help.
    Last summer I had to use the same strategy to get a $200 refund on the purchase of a $4000 shed, installed and all. It was promised by the store but HD tried its best no to honor it by denying me with the phone calls to nowhere. By the way on both occasions the proper phone numbers to call are clearly marked on the contracts. But they choose to honor my request with changing reasons. Contacting the BBB was the best thing to do with them.
    This is not the way it should be, I will shop to other stores in the future as much as possible. That's the way they want it, obviously.
    thanks for the support.
    Case closed.

payments

I have been making payments since I had the card and it never comes down from 700.00 dollars my interest is to high. I want to pay on the principles only so the intrest could come down. I need you to stop charging me too much interest so that I can pay off my account. I want to know how much I really owe with out the interest? I need some aswers so here is my cell #[protected] my name is susana reyna.

• Ru
    Russ Jan 24, 2009

I hate to say this, but didn't you read the interest rate on the card? You should have read the interest rate on the application. You have to make more the minimum payments to pay off any credit card. Minimum Payments barely pay the interest on any credit card. I would suggest that you pay more then the minimum payment to get your principal down faster.

purvislets Mar 02, 2009

I agree with above. If you are only making the minimum payments, you will never pay off your balance. The APR on Home Depot cards is over 20% and usually the minimum required payment is only around $10-20 depending on your balance.

If you want to pay it off and pay less interest, then you need to either make bigger payments or transfer the balance to a credit card with a lower interest rate.

will not honor extended warrenty

we purchased over 5000.00 in new appliances at home depot including our GE stackable wash-dryer in may of 2007. on dec 27th 2008 my washer door locked shut. i called the extended warrenty dept(we bought the 4 yr.plan on all appliances) and they told me that they could see we purchased the washer but did not see the 4yr serv plan listed. i told them it was on my reciept but now its been over 30 days and still no service also i have been spending 50 to 75 a week on laundry mat...WOW... talk about frustration. ive just about decided to turn them into the BBB and also i have the name of the CEO of home depot. that i am going to call on monday and explain whats been going on. if anyone has any suggestions on what to do please send email. thanks for letting me vent...

joesou Mar 29, 2009

hello
    I work for washer repair service. Home Depot has their warranty for washer and dryer you buy from store. You need to find out name of warranty group and phone number to call for service. GE does not sell you warranty, don't get confuse about this. Place you bought washer sells warranty not from GE.

You bought third party warranty, its big mess and Home Depot does not explain to customer about warranty they sell.

• Jk
    JKAYBROWN Oct 28, 2009

TAKE YOUR RECEIPT TO THE STORE. THEY WILL CALL AND GET IT STRAIGHT FOR YOU. SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME WITH LOWES. YOU HAVE THE RECEIPT SHOWING YOU PAID IT... THEY CANNOT DENY THAT.

worst service ever

Well I just placed this order, however after reading many of the negative comments many of which seem to be in regards to problems with installation measurements etc. It's very important to note that many people in such trades have differant practices when doing measurements, such as carpet etc.
One of these reasons is associated with problems that may arise with which way the carpet may be instlled, some also order extra to be on the safe side.
And lastly many carpet mills have a minum carpet roll size which guarantees that price per square yard, any carpet rolls that must be put on a special order size requires added costs.

As an example sometimes ordering a larger roll is cheaper than ordering a special cut roll size.
Other's have complained about the condition in which their bed had arrived by the shipper, it is important to note that the shipping company is always responsible for the condition the carton is in when the item arrives upon delivery, and from that point it is the responsibility of the buyer to refuse and make a claim for damages with the shipper, (I have had to do this myself).
Once a customer refuses the product for the reason of damaged packaging the shipper will fill out a refusal slip and put the reason for the refusal on the form, (if the item is refused and not excepted no rma is required)in addition any other information may be added such as the specific damage of the carton, this protects you as the consumer, also it is important to note that retailer's never open packages they receive from the manufacturer's unless it is mean't to be a demo, therefor they have no idea of how the contents are packaged and it is unfair to blame any retailer for the lack of reasonable content protection in the packaging area.

One other poster stated it took over 10 days to receive their order, however notice that they ordered the product on 12/15/2006 that was 10 days prior to the Chistmas holiday, this is the busiest shipping and retail weeks of the year.

Do people not have any idea as to how many packages get misrouted, lost damaged during the holiday season? that person is one of the few that complain about everything, and probably have a long history of getting free meals at resturants, because the waitress didn't fill their drink ften enough.

eople need to stop being so selfish and start thinking for the better of us not me, or them.
Nothing is ever perfect, go buy a brand new car look at any of them on the car lot long enough and you will find imperfections, live with it.
Sure we should all struggle to make the best of things, and should not be taken advantage of, but we also should hold ourselves with the same manner of duty to humanity as we expect from anyone else, including a fictional entity we call corporations.