I purchased two of these chew bones for my dogs yesterday (2/8/2002) at the HEB in Alice.
I will be the first to admit I didn't read the small print on the packaging. I naively assumed that a product offered in the dog chew department would be safe for my dogs. I have never purchased a bone like this and never expected negative repercussions from providing them to my dogs.
Bottom line is the larger dog was up all night throwing up sharp bone shards. The smaller dog doesn't appear to have consumed the bone as aggressively and hopefully will not have a delayed reaction.
It appears there will be no long-term harm, but that remains to be seen.
I accept all responsibility for providing an inappropriate product to my dogs and for being negligent in not reading the label. I never assumed I would need to read the label of what I assumed to be a dog safe product.
I am writing to encourage you to discontinue the sale of this or similar products as I imagine I am not the only person who has made the same assumption about these products and didn't read the label.