Haverty Furniture Companiescompany logo

Haverty Furniture Companies

Haverty Furniture Companies

Learn how the rating is calculated

3 62 complaints
33 resolved 29 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Haverty Furniture Companies Go to website

Haverty Furniture Companies reviews & complaints 41 - 62

Haverty Furniture Companies complaints 62

Haverty Furniture Companies - Never shop here!!!

We had found the home of our dreams and realized we finally had the space for king size bed. We had purchased the mattress and then decided to find the frame. After many many stores decided to...

Haverty Furniture Companies - Terrible construction and awful customer service

Bought $15, 000.00 worth of furniture with the gold protection plot. The plot was not worth the paper it was printed on. I demanded a refund and EVENTUALLY received it. There were so many problems with the items I ordered, they had to come get everything and reorder EVERYTHING AGAIN. So even after receiving all new items, (two living rooms suits) it still contiuned to fall apart literally everywhere. From the wood tables popping apart, the end coming off the tables to fabric ripping out of the cloth sofa to the stitching coming out of the leather theater seating and the zone rug literally just pulling apart just from being vaccumed. The expensive couch we bought was made with no leg in the middle to support any weight so there are phone books underneith to keep the couch from sagging. It has already been fixed one time. The lighting has broke several times in the entertainment center and the customer service SUCKS! If I had to give them a grade, it would be an E! I just recently contacted Haverty's in Bowie for the tech's name and phone number to pay out of pocket to fix my chair and they refuse to even give me his name and number! What kind of sh*@ is that? Since when were MONEY paying customers turned away? I tried calling Bernhardt for some extra fabric and now it is discontinued. How would Havertys be capable to fix my furniture if I still had the GOLD PLOT if the fabric is no longer available???? If anyone can help me with how to get some bernhardt fabric I'm open to suggestions!

I've read your complaint and feel your pain. Years ago, I had experienced a similar problem with another furniture chain. The only resolution came when I finally decided to contact the president of the company. His secretary took the time to listen to my valid complaint and told me that she would relay my urgent request for immediate attention and would call me back ASAP. The secretary contacted me within the hour with an apology, stating that a truck would be back out for pickup and I would receive a full refund. According to your post, you also have a valid complaint. If you have not already, try calling the president of the company and make this level aware of the problems you are having. I'm sure they may be as interested in the difficulties you are experiencing with their company, as much as you are praying for a solution! It's their business to know these inside encounters that they would otherwise never be aware. Hope this helps.

Haverty Furniture Companies - Late credit to credit card after return

I purchased a TempraPedic Ergo king bed. Haverty's delivery people were unable to get the two motors to sync together because one motor was defecdctive. I told him to take it back; I did not want something that did not work. He said he could not do that but he would put in a service order. He did not so I had to call Haverty's to inform them of the defective bed then wait around another day for a Haverty's repair man to come look at bed. When the repair man arrived he said, "don't know why my boss sent me out here. I don't know anything about these beds but he said to come anyway." Needless to say he was unable to fix the problem. I called Haverty's to pick it up and credit my card for the defective bed. Haverty's refused until they had the bed and it was one week before they had a slot to pick it up...another day lost due to waiting for Haverty's. They picked up the bed on 8/16/11; partical credit to my card on 8/20/11 and balance on 8/25/11. What a scam. They charged my card $7132.57 on 7/20/11 but did not deliver the defective bed until 7/25/11. They held my money for one month knowing I had a defective bed! When I asked why my card was not credited timely she said it is their "policy". I purchased the same bed from Matress Firm and am very pleased. It is now my policy to never will walk into Haverty's again.

Haverty Furniture Companies - Don't Buy From them

Havertys screwed up an order we placed April 2nd. The furniture we ordered was finally delivered on June 17th! They did (so they said, but not yet confirmed) give us a $100 refund- which was the cost of the delivery|.

We paid $300 for Guardian protection for 4 barstools, one pub table and two swivel chairs, that were the screwed up custom order|. They provided us only one box of Guardian protection product which contained a can of furniture polish, a dust cloth and polishing cloth for use on the table/bar stools:. There were also two packets of wipes for leather furniture'. We don't own any leather furniture! I was told that the product for cleaning the chairs would be provided at the time of delivery of the chairs?. It was not|. When I called the store and talked to both the clerk that answered the phone as well as the store manager, they refused to provide product to clean the fabric chairs!

This is a far cry from the protection products we received from Stacy's for the sofa we bought at the same time, which contains about a dozen different bottles of cleaning product for fabric!. At Stacy's we only paid $92 for the protection plan on the sofa which has more fabric surface area than the two chairs combined.

So, when you make a furniture purchase, DO NOT put all purchases on one sale! We should have put the bar set on a separate sale from the fabric chairs. And, despite the terrible sales man we experienced trying to buy the chairs from Stacy's, we should have bought them from the fabulous sales LADY that sold us the sofa.

Haverty Furniture Companies - Would not correct their mars on furniture

Haverty Furniture's designer only had $$$ instead of design when she sold us our bedroom suite. The door had to be removed from the hinges in order for it to fit up the stairs. We failed to see the scratches until lights were placed in the bedroom. They said we waited too long - 1 month. The adjuster looked at the furniture, needed a flash light to see the obvious hinge scratches, and left. We were then called and told they would do nothing about it. No appeal. No recheck. We also received the wrong color furniture. Beveraly is the pits.

Haverty Furniture Companies - Stay away

We recently bought a large entertainment unit and a desk with chair from Haverty's in Raleigh, NC. We were very pleased with the service from the salesperson, and the store manager even gave us information about where we might find the style of couch that they didn't have.

The delivery people called about an hour ahead of schedule (the information on the web site was accurate) to see if it was OK to arrive early. We said that was fine. When they arrived they were courteous and placed the furniture as we requested. The quality seems quite good, with better hardware than we'd seen in other stores. So far it's been a very positive experience.

Haverty Furniture Companies - Bad service

We found so many pieces of furniture in Haverty's that we were pretty sure we would end up furnishing most of our new home with stuff from the Raleigh store. WRONG. In a nutshell: It's overpriced for the quality, furniture arrived damaged and customer service was bad.

We ordered a living room set and a bedroom set (probably spent between 4-5k). When the furniture arrived the couch frame was smashed in and the leather accented headboard was covered with indentations from where they rested furniture against it. When they came back to bring us the replacement furniture (oh, we had to go a weekend without a couch because of their mistake--they wouldn't even supply us with a loaner), the couch was fine but the second headboard was damaged. The third time they came to replace the headboard they kept it in the box and it arrived undamaged. Why they don't always deliver anything with leather in a box to avoid damage is beyond me...except maybe they don't want you to see the box that says "Made in Vietnam."

During this experience the receptionist at the local store was incompetent and rude. The customer service reps in Atlanta just plain nasty. One even suggested that the indentations would "pop out" after a couple of days. When I said it's been more than a couple of days...she actually huffed and asked if I "just wanted to order a different set of furniture?" I told her, "No, I just want the furniture I ordered to arrive undamaged."

They ask you when it's convenient to deliver furniture and when you provide dates and times, they're never convenient for Haverty's (we don't deliver to THAT town on THAT day, or it takes TWO days, etc.) I even had one person tell me about all the federal regulations that "protect drivers" and make it difficult to schedule deliveries.

Funny thing is, I ordered some pieces on Overstock and they arrived faster, with no shipping costs and they were undamaged! Oh, and they were a zillion times cheaper and same or better quality than Haverty's.

Hey accidents happen...it's the way you handle those accidents that will make or break you. Haverty's needs some serious lessons in customer service. Had they treated me with some sort of respect instead of being ticked off that I actually wanted unbroken furniture- I may have gone back. Instead, we went somewhere else to furnish the other rooms.

Bottom line: if you want to spend more money for average quality furniture that will likely arrive broken...then Haverty's is for you!

Haverty Furniture Companies - incorrect rug delivered (twice!)

A month ago, my wife and I ordered a rug from Haverty's. It took 3 weeks for the rug to be delievered, because upon ordering, it is sent to the warehouse. After it get's to the warehouse, it is then...

Haverty Furniture Companies - Awful Quality

What happened to Haverty's? We recently purchased the Sedona Leather furniture collection. This is the worst quality stuff we have seen. First of all, when the sofa was delivered the arms were...

Haverty Furniture Companies - Employees who steal and company backs them

I went into a Haverty Store here in Richmond, VA and was approached by a slaesman. I advised him that I was just looking, well in doing so I found some items tha I wanted to purchase for my home but...

Haverty Furniture Companies - Crappy construction/poor cust. srvc

Purchased $15, 000.00 worth of furniture with the gold protection plan. The plan was not worth the paper it was printed on. I demanded a refund and EVENTUALLY received it. There were so many problems with the items I ordered, they had to come get everything and reorder EVERYTHING AGAIN. So even after receiving all new items, (two living rooms suits) it still contiuned to fall apart literally everywhere. From the wood tables popping apart, the finish coming off the tables to fabric ripping out of the cloth sofa to the stitching coming out of the leather theater seating and the area rug literally just pulling apart just from being vaccumed. The expensive couch we purchased was made with no leg in the middle to support any weight so there are phone books underneith to keep the couch from sagging. It has already been fixed one time. The lighting has broke several times in the entertainment center and the customer service SUCKS! If I had to give them a grade, it would be an E! I just recently contacted Haverty's in Bowie for the tech's name and phone number to pay out of pocket to fix my chair and they refuse to even give me his name and number! What kind of sh*@ is that? Since when were cash paying customers turned away? I tried calling Bernhardt for some extra fabric and now it is discontinued. How would Havertys be able to fix my furniture if I still had the GOLD PLAN if the fabric is no longer available???? If anyone can help me with how to get some bernhardt fabric I'm open to suggestions!

Haverty Furniture Companies - Fraud

I have a bedroom suite that is rarely used and horribly scratched from casual use. The technician from Haverty's explained that any use of the furniture will result in scratches because of the lacquer finish that the manufacturer uses. Apparently, the finish is fragile and scratches at being touched. What's the point of having furniture if you cannot use it unless you live in a display case? I don't know yet what if anything they will do to replace the damaged furniture. I do know that the Guardsman "insurance" they recommend is a fraud. The process for requesting service is complicated and frustrating and they look for EVERY possible excuse to refuse to perform the services that the customer buys when buying a guardman plan.

This is happending to me now, what was the final outcome? I'm so upset, what a darn disappointment! Please let me know, didn't purchase the Guardsman warranty, so hopefully I'm not too screwed.

Haverty Furniture Companies - No delivery

Six weeks after paying for a sofa, Haverty's calls to set up delivery appointment. After several phone calls and emails instructing me to be home for delivery in a 4 hour time period on Wednesday, I change my plans for the week, drive 316 miles back early from vacation because I need the sofa. On Monday afternoon Havertys calls to say they are changing the delivery date, and not just by a day or 2 but until the following Wednesday! Why? Because they only deliver to my neighborhood (15 miles from the store)on Wednesdays!

My thoughts: If Haverty's is this unreliable and has this much disregard for the time of their customers, how bad will their customer service be if there is a problem with the furniture? Even after spending $299 for added protection. My guess? Don't count on them. I really regret buying from Haverty's.

Haverty Furniture Companies - cheating customers with junk products

I bought two queen mattresses from Havertys and they started badly sagging from day one and by day five the beds were a pile of junk. I never had back pain before, but due to bad sagging of the bed...

Haverty Furniture Companies - Fraudulent

I purchased 3 items from Haverty. I am pleased with 2 of the 3 items. I am not pleased with an upholstered chair. The chair is 2 months old but looks beat. I don;t allow people to sit in it until I talk to Haverty. I called my sales associate and he referred me to his manager or as I might say his "mis-manager". I wrote a letter to the Moss Creek " Mis-manager" and followed up with a phone call. I have not yet received a phone call back. We have just built a home and have plenty of furniture to buy. This is a deal breaker. I will be stopping by...put the coffee on.

I bet you got your way - enjoy your furniture for the next 2 years! - sucker :)

Haverty Furniture Companies - Bad product

Brought a leaher recliner couch that is very uncomfortable to sit in. It's extremley deep and the back reclines so far back you have to slouch to sit in it customer. They said nothing was wrong with the couch and would take it back for a relacement of a different type of couch. The couch is less then a month old. The couch could have been brought back to the store for a display. I would never recomend them to anyone. This should not have been a problem, but they really must not care about we customers very much.

R

You used something for a whole month and you expect them to take it back??? Where else can you do that?? I can't wear a shirt for 30 days, tell the store it's uncomfortable, and expect them to take it back and sell it, can I?? You're rediculous, and clearly didn't spend enough time on the sofa to make an informed decision for yourself.

Haverty Furniture Companies - Terrible product

I purchased a Mitchell 866600 Sofa along with 2 other pieces from Havertys in Ft. Myers, Fl. The fabric and construction seemed to be good quality in the store, but upon delivery it is the worst...

Haverty Furniture Companies - Terrible customer service

I ordered a dresser and when it arrived one of the drawers was dented. The whole dresser had to be replaced as per your policy. When I scheduled the replacement piece I requested the last possible since my Wife and I work full time jobs. The day before I received a e-mail stating that the delivery would be between 9am and 11:30 am. This does not seem like the last delivery time possible. When I called customer service about this I was told that they could not change the time and I could schedule another day but there was no guarantee that the delivery time would be any later. It was also stated that the truck was already loaded and the furniture would ride around in the truck all day and may get damaged. What kind of comment is that? I also ordered a table before the replacement dresser was delivered so they could be here on the same day. I was told the table was back ordered and they did not know when it would be in or if the manufacture was even making the table anymore. I called another store and I was told by them that they had 2 in stock. When I called my store back they told me that the other store was not reading the computer screen right and there were no table. After I called customer service and they told me that the tables would be in later in the week. I never received a call from my store to let me know this information and wonder if I had never called if I would have received my table or it would still be "back ordered". Finally after my table and dresser was delivered (I had to lose a days pay to stay at home and wait for the furniture since I did not want it to get damaged) the dresser has spots on the drawers where stain is missing. I now have to wait at home on a Saturday and wait for a technician to come and tell me what I can do about it. I am so displeased with Havertys that I will never buy another piece of furniture from them and will never recommend them to friends. The only thing that customer service tells me when I call is "I'm Sorry".

I purchased an expensive bedroom set. Within 1 week of its delivery, one of the jewelry drawers would not open. This was due to a cheap plunger type lock affixed to the back of the unit. Every lock Haverty's sent failed within 10 minutes! The service tech and I discovered that the drawers were installed with faulty drawer glides. Haverty's agreed to replace the glides. I made an appointment 3 weeks in advance for an early service call. I got a call the night before from their automated call service advising that they would show between 1 and 3 pm. When I pushed the buttons on the phone to get a customer service person the call ended with a "we are experiencing a problem with our system and your call cannot be completed." The I was disconnected and that's when the frustration began. I spoke to a CSR after my 4th attempt to call them back. The rep argued with me about the service times and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, she told me that the supervisor was busy and she would call me abck. It is not 26 hours later and I have not heard from them and the service tech failed to show. COME AND GET YOUR FURNITURE BACK!

I work at Havertys in sales. The reason I work there is the exceptional customer service, exceptional delivery system and mostly because 90% of what is shown may be delivered in a week. Furniture is much more delicate than one would think. It is not designed to move around. 13% of all furniture from the factory to the home is found wanting. Havertys struggles, as do all furniture company's, with this hard fact. I will tell you from 4 years experience, they move Heaven and Earth to make things right.
Be advised it is not uncommon for a lot of company's, once they have your money, to not ever answer the phone concerning customer problems- the above was handled in a clumsy manner- but it will be made right.

Your just another victim of a wonderful routing program that they paid 150k for and it does not work. Think anyone would admit to it's failure???? Of course not!!! It's all about egos at Havertys, not the customer. An I'm truely sorry for your purchase of sub-standard Chinese firewood...David C.

Haverty Furniture Companies - Very Dissatisfied

I am Syvalia Satterfield the owmer of Satterfield Phoenix Companies. I have purchased over $132, 000.00 in furniture from your Marrow GA, Columbia DC and Raleigh NC stores. I ordered a table form you...

Haverty Furniture Companies - product and customer service

The furniture was not well constructed. Their technician came out to see the furniture and said he couldn't do anything about the crooked skirt, but if I wanted to go through the trouble I could...

1 2 3 4