Harbor Breeze 52& Halston II Aged Bronze Ceiling Fanslow speed only

We purchased the Harbor Breeze 52" Halston II Aged Bronze Ceiling Fan at the end of January in 2009. IT WAS GREAT!!! Until... last month (Sept. 2009) the ceiling fan suddenly started to spin in the opposite direction. I was sitting on the foot of the bed and I heard a whirling noise, looked up, saw the fan come to a complete stop and then start turning in the other direction. We found the reset switch and that appeared to have resolved the issue, as far as the spinning was concerned. But the fan became loud. Very loud. And, it just wasn't working the way it use to. Now, its making the sound of a washing machine in the distance, a humming annoying sound. So, I thought I'd turn it off, give it a break, and suddenly noticed only one speed works now!

I would get more gratification from an oscillating fan. This is just ridiculous, fans should not expire in under a year! They are too much of a pain to install! And now, I have to take time out of my day to remedy poor quality when it was actually purchased at a mid grade price. And, whats really disgusting is how many people have had a similar issue. These products should be recalled. There appears to be no accountability!