The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Harbor Breeze 52& Halston II Aged Bronze Ceiling Fanslow speed only

We purchased the Harbor Breeze 52" Halston II Aged Bronze Ceiling Fan at the end of January in 2009. IT WAS GREAT!!! Until... last month (Sept. 2009) the ceiling fan suddenly started to spin in the opposite direction. I was sitting on the foot of the bed and I heard a whirling noise, looked up, saw the fan come to a complete stop and then start turning in the other direction. We found the reset switch and that appeared to have resolved the issue, as far as the spinning was concerned. But the fan became loud. Very loud. And, it just wasn't working the way it use to. Now, its making the sound of a washing machine in the distance, a humming annoying sound. So, I thought I'd turn it off, give it a break, and suddenly noticed only one speed works now!

I would get more gratification from an oscillating fan. This is just ridiculous, fans should not expire in under a year! They are too much of a pain to install! And now, I have to take time out of my day to remedy poor quality when it was actually purchased at a mid grade price. And, whats really disgusting is how many people have had a similar issue. These products should be recalled. There appears to be no accountability!

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.