Having problems with Guitar Center?

Guitar Center reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 29, 2008. The latest review Online sales was posted on Jul 26, 2021. The latest complaint Online order was resolved on May 26, 2012. Guitar Center has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 62 reviews. Guitar Center has resolved 32 complaints.

Guitar Center Customer Service Contacts

+1 801 501 8847 (Customer Service)
+1 855 770 3373 (Head Office)
5795 Lindero Canyon Rd.
Thousand Oaks, California
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 7470, Westlake Village, CA 91359

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Guitar Center Customer Service. Initial Guitar Center complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Guitar Center above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Guitar Center. Discuss the issues you have had with Guitar Center and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Guitar Center Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Guitar Center — rude salesperson

I had to deal with the worst Guitar Center SalesPerson at the Country Club Hills store in Illinois. He is a...

Country Club Hills

Guitar Center Kirkland — poor service

This has always been my favorite music shop- not guitar center necessarily, but this particular GC in...

Guitar Center — treated bad by store manager doug

I would like to tell my fellow musicians my esperiance in guitar center.I put a bass in layaway for only 2...

GUITAR CENTER FREDERICKSBURG ,VA — NOT ENOUGH PROFIT

I HAVE SPENT A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY AT THIS STORE AND WITH THIS COMPANY! could not even begin to tell...

The Guitar Center — qaulity of guitar/ coverage on service contract

Purchased a Gretsch Guitar along with Service Contract at Guitar Center of Warwick, RI. Guitar began to fall...

Guitar Centeron line sales

DO NOT purchase anything from Guitar Center via on-line as They appear to have no intention of order fulfillment. Since the beginning of January 2010, I have been awaiting for a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO-80 headphones I purchased. After numerous and lengthy conversations with the Guitar Center AND Beyerdynamics the facts are presented as follows: My order was placed on 1/4/2010 via GC on-line. An order confirmation was received and soon after a backorder notification. Following up with GC regarding the B/O status, they stated their shipment was due around 1/15/2010. After a week following this date, I again contacted GC for a status update. They then stated the shipment in question would not be in until 2/1/2010. On 2/5/2010, I again contacted GC for a status update upon which they replied "we are still awaiting shipment". I also obtained the following from GC: 1. Customer orders they receive do not require a minimum order quantity for a purchase order number to be submitted to the manufacturer. Therefore, an order can be placed w/o having to wait for a certain quantity of sales to be generated before an order is submitted to the manufacturer. 2. That the actual PO for MY order was not placed until 1/12/2010, eight days after I received my order confirmation from GC. 3. That the B/O status has been on-going since December 2009 based on the fact that they are also awaiting fulfillment of a prior P/O submitted in December. 4. In contacting the manufacture on 2/5/2010 they stated that they do not have any PO's outstanding for these headsets and that two shipments in January were shipped to GC's distribution center. On 2/10/2010 I again contacted GC for a status update which they now stated my order can not be fulfilled until 4/23/2010. About two weeks ago I received in the mail there recent catalog. in this catalog they are advertising for sale the DT 770 Pro-80 headsets at a reduced price for $169.00. Its seems very interesting that the GC can advertise this item for sale, now at a reduced price knowing that they can not produce this item until at least 4/23/2010 AND with the knowledge that this item has not been available since December 2009. I've been a loyal GC customer for years now and have spent quite a bit money supporting them. However, I'm not so sure that I will be dealing with them in the future especially dealing with ANY ON-LINE purchase or any store item that is not in stock.

• Ia
      iamjcole Mar 27, 2012

We've made some great improvements in our online system. I'd love a chance to show you that we're better than you've experienced. My name is Jeremy Cole and I am responsible for Customer Service in Guitar Center stores. I can be reached at 818.735.8800 ext 2115 or [email protected]

Thanks,
      Jeremy

Guitar Centerlowered credit without even telling me!

I was given a Guitar Center credit card about two years ago with a $1000 credit limit. I purchased about $300 worth of stuff, made several minimum payments and finally paid off the last $100 in one payment. I put the card away for about 9 months, and then just recently pulled it out to purchase my girlfriend a keyboard for Hanukkah only to find that these a-holes lowered the credit limit to $300 without even telling me! I never missed a payment, never even returned anything I bought and these ### lowered my limit for no reason other than I wasn't using the credit enough for them. ###s! The keyboard I wanted for my girl was well over $300 but well below the $1000 I had and they wouldn’t raise the limit back up to where it was and I have perfect credit.

F U Guitar Center! I will NEVER EVER buy anything from Guitar Center again, I will never even set foot in Guitar Center again, I will not even accompany someone to Guitar Center and wait in the car!

Guitar Center can kiss my ###!!!

• Go
        goody two shue Jan 17, 2011

even though this is an old post i have to say the Guitar Center has nothing to do with credit approval . the bank that lowered your card is HSBC and they also do Best Buy

Guitar Center Indy — manager problems

I was treated and talked to like i was an idiot by an condescending manager . I was looking to talk about...

Guitar Center — stupid sale people

Don't buy at Guitar Center! I bought a DW 5000 series bass drum pedal from the Guitar Center in Ft...

Guitar Centeronline order — poor/damaged & repaired guitar sold as new

I purchased a new guitar from their online store and when it arrived it was obviously a previously damaged and repaired item. The body of the guitar had been dropped, filled in and then painted over with matching paint. I sent it back promptly using their return process and have yet to receive a replacement. Customer service keeps telling me it is in the system and I will be notified when they ship.

If you shop, I would suggest a visit to their store versus going online. Their online business is not as responsive as the local store and if you deal with them online you can't work with the local store to resolve an issue. That is just dumb as a business practice.

• La
          landavis Jul 30, 2011

Just ordered a new amp and recived a used, and I mean used. Have not returned yet, I will let you know how that goes.

• Wa
          Wald0 Mar 16, 2010

If they jack you around, send it back and place a hold on your card. I dealt with the local Atlanta store and figured the online would just be an extension of that service. Not so, they acted like they didn't know me when I told em I bought it online.

I hope your LP works out either way...would like one myself.

• Sp
          Spock2112 Oct 09, 2009

Jeez now I'm worried about an order online I placed for a new gibson LP. I placed the order on Thursday and asked forovernight shipping and was told "no problem, you will have it next day." Now I am told that there is a 24 hour hold for verification and won't get the guitar until monday yet am still getting dinged for the overnight shipping charge. I just hope I do not get a "used guitar" when I should be getting a new one. I'm not dealing with this company again, I'll go out of my way to shop local mom 'n pop shops instead.

Guitar Center East Brunswick NJ — Total Idiots

I called the East Brunswick NJ Guitar Center Sunday 8/23/2009 in the early afternoon to order a used guitar...

Guitar Centeravoid them

Ok well after deciding to expand my ddrum amx kit by adding a kick drum... I wanted the blue burst 22x20...

I call in they said it was in stock, being A SUNDAY they said it would ship tomorrow (monday)... so I called in monday night to confirm because I recieved no email.. they said what they always say. (yea there was a problem today in the warehouse). any ways they said it will be shipped out tuesday.. LOL nope.. and they used they same thing about warehouse problems.. then wednesday around 3p. m. I get a BACKORDER NOTICE so I call tell them they've been telling me it will ship out the next day so they give me a 20 dollar credit and next day air shipping!!! great right (wrong) they said thursday it will ship out because of the shipping choice nope they shipping it on friday... the billing info I come to find out was shipped on wednesday... wow I don't know who they have answering there phones and working there warehouse but i'm gonna say there all #ed... not to menchin I got one guy on the phone who told me that there product specialist know nothing about musicial equipment!!! he told me this and I was blow away so remember that when you order from them and they recommend a certant product lol. haha. anyways... it is monday the 12th my delivery date for this kick drum that will probably show up a zildjian t sirt and a note say gottcha!!! so I guess we will see but my advice to you is stay away from guitar center... AND MUSICIANS FRIEND ran by the same company and did this same crap to me a week before I ordered to blue toms they sent a red one and orange one so avoid but.

• Gu
            Guitar Center Bob Aug 20, 2009

Dear WalJ009,

I'm Bob, over at Guitar Center, and first I want to say how disappointed I was to see this complaint and discover how poorly we'd served you on your recent kick-drum order. You have my personal apology and our commitment to straighten it out.

We've been searching through our customer records to locate your order but don't have enough information at the moment. Please contact us at the following email address: [email protected] We have one of our top customer service specialists on standby to handle your complaint and turn this transaction around.

Based on your observations concerning the successive shipping delays and the inconsistent information from our customer service staff, we're reviewing the warehouse and call center systems to see where the lack of coordination may have arisen. In recent months we've adopted a "perfect order" expectation for our relatively new, modern warehouse. Your order experience was way imperfect by any standards, so it really has us scrambling to locate the glitch.

As for our product experts, I can only say that we spend huge bucks on product training, much of it conducted by the vendors who actually make the gear you want. Plus, we hire musicians at every opportunity. We obviously failed to route your call to the correct group of representatives. In the future, just ask, and we can connect you to our technical support team for answers to any of your product-related questions.

Again, please contact our customer specialists at [email protected], now and in the future. My goal is to have you feel confident in ordering from us again when you see the deal that's just too sweet to pass up. We'll get it right.

Thanks for the feedback.

Again, our sincere apologies,

Bob (at GuitarCenter.com)

Guitar Center/Fender Squire Strat Affinity — 1st Lied to about a Guitar I purchased

My complaint is, in may I went to guitar center and purchased a Fender Squire Affinity Strat with 3 sets of...

Guitar Centeroffers coupons, raises prices to compensate

I use Guitar Center regularly through thier website, and I'm always e-mailed "limited time" coupons and offers. Today I was sent a coupon for "Dad's and Grads Get 20% Off of Qualifying Merchandise". They give you a list of brand names that qualify when you go to the site. As I browsed, I noticed something wierd. I don't know if this applies to ALL of the couponed merchandise, but everything that I was interesed in possibly purchasing had been marked up in price. I price checked with Musiciansfriend.com and music123.com just to be sure, because thier web sites are almost always identical with prices. Also for example, I wantd to buy this half stack I found a few weeks ago that was $400. During the special coupon sale, it was listed at $500 before the 20% off coupon. That's only $20 off, not the $80 it would have been if they kept the price where it should be. So what's up Guitar Center?<br />
          <br />
          Also, if you cancel an order because after waiting a week you finally get a notice that your item is out of stock, make sure they add the balance back onto your card. Afterwards, make sure they refund the tax! Every time I had to cancel n order, they still charged me tax. I didn't know it either untill I did some digging.

• I keep in mind when I or if I ever am ready to go looking for another bass. I remember when Guitar Center first open up in Chicago, IL I purchased a used Fender bass amp, half tube/transister. It is still working. But now it seems times have changed with the way everyone is doing buisness and I recently was out near by one of their stores in Minnesota but my mind told me to keep on truckin. I fill sadden for all the musicians that are filling like they are getting ripped off from this company. This is a lesson for all of us out here wanting to jam with others on our new equipment without having to go through these tough times and filling the pain of being cheated. Remember before you buy look for the best deal and read the fine print. Thanks for your commits as well, peace out.

Guitar Center — rip off return policy

Nude DJ, dude, what you describe in your response is a "same day return policy." Guitar Center sold a "30 day...

Guitar Center — ripoff refund policy

The guitar center is a major ripoff store for refunds!!! Read the back of the receipt carefully!!! The...

Guitar Center- Chattanooga, TNcustomer service

Today, April 23rd, I called my local Guitar Center in Chattanooga to ask about a Digital Voice Recorder adapter cable. I'm a frequent shopper and former employee of the store.

My boyfriend I called to ask about a 1/8 inch cable unto USB. Once we were transferred over to Pro-Audio a man named "Jonathan" answered and we asked him about the cable. He started to laugh and say "Cmon man, what is this a joke?" and continued to be oblivious to the fact that we were good customers, and nothing else. We told him, "No, I need a cable" and he explained "Oh, no I don't think we have it". By the time my boyfriend hung up the phone, 'Jonathan' had been rude to us, disrespectful and displayed no customer service skills what-so-over. We were asking a legitimate question, and he had scoffed at us like we were so below 'his level'.

I don't think anyone deserves to be treated like this. Especially not two good customers (and former employees).

Congratulations, Guitar Center.

You just lost two more customers.

And I will be contacting Guitar Center corporate.

We'll be shopping at Humbucker Music and Picker's Exchange from now on. :)

Jason Ewton Jul 14, 2010

That's because 1/8" to usb doesn't exist. But I do agree that GC sucks. In fact, I was the other Assistant Manager at that store and I worked with Johnathan Mark.

Guitar Center — worst customer service

Bought a drum kit there. Found when replacing the coated batter heads the shells were delaminating. Brought...

Guitar Centerits a con

Do not use this company/Outfit. I ordered an Epiphone dot 335 ($399) and a case ($80) by credit card. I got an email a few days later saying there was a 3 month backorder on the guitar but they have sent the case??? I mean what idiot in their right mind would send a guitar case without a guitar? Its all about getting your money!

Eddie

Guitar Centerawful company

Guitar center just wants to sell you *** guitars, they don't care about quality. All they want is money. They pay low wage dumb monkey turds to try to sell you a guitar, that is messed up.

Then they'll never admit they're mistake and try to convince you that nothing is wrong.

• Gc
                    G.C.Sales. Oct 20, 2010

Let me tell you as a Guitar Center employee myself. ( working in the guitar Department. ) That the quality of G.C.'s guitars are the same as any other shop. Sans custom shop guitars.
                    That said, Guitar Center employees get paid sh*t. Minimum wage, plus commission. Now one might think that sounds like allot. But wait.. If your commissions = more than what they pay you in minimum wage, then before you see any money you have to pay back that minimum wage. (It's called working on a fade. ) The minimum wage is there incase you don't sell enough, you will never make less than minimum wage. Now, essentially what that means is by working at guitar center most employees ( unless you are in a major metropolitan city ) cost the company barely nothing. Many employees ( excluding myself ) will sell people only the guitars, amps etc... that make them the most in profit. In our store the guy who is always on top of the "ranker" sells people what he wants and not what they need or ask for. Do yourself a favor, do your own research, ask friends, other guitar players, etc... if you have only been playing a short while bring someone who has been playing guitar longer than you, to help guide you. And the best advise I can give you other than " shop with the local Mom and Pop stores " is don't let the Guitar Center clerk talk you into something else.

• Gu
                    guitarcenterisasham Aug 25, 2009

I am sorry I have to agree that they only want the money. I know someone who works for the company and they are paid like waitresses! Some are scam artists who just steal and should work for the government or the IRS, since the company is owned by not a musician but Mitt Romney!!! Check it out on wickipedia under Guitar Center and Bain Financial! The real employees who have no clue that the company is a sham until boom! They receive their first commissions check and mind you they do want to help you find the best deal, they receive below minimum wage and the hours they work are deducted from their commissions. So you know how much these poor saps make. After taxes and their deductions..um well lets just say they still live with Mom and Dad and still have no money to even buy the equipment from F...g Guitar Center after their commissions check, not even enough to by a power cord! Damn now you see why some of these guys either don't care, hoping to get fired, or just want to feel superior by taking your money! My thoughts are buy online and not from Guitar Center they may lure you into their store for more MONEY!

• Gl
                    glydian Mar 31, 2009

Why does everyone think that poor quality has to do with the stores. You can buy a bad guitar anywhere. How many luthiers do you know. Are there enough of them to hire for every store.How many of these complaints are actually a stores fault. I can say that every guitar center employee is a musician. So if you like insulting music store employees then you like insulting musicians. Your also saying that your average musician can't tell if the instrument he has is a piece of junk.