Outdoor Adventures Logo

Outdoor Adventures

Having problems with Outdoor Adventures?

Outdoor Adventures Customer Service Contacts

+1 989 671 1125 (Customer Service)
+1 888 249 1995 (Reservations)
+1 989 671 1191 (Billing)
+1 616 844 7490 (Grand Haven Resort)
+1 269 888 2579 (Kalamazoo Resort)
+1 989 345 2700 (Lake of the North Resort)
+1 810 658 3388 (Lake Shore Resort)
+1 989 772 5878 (Mount Pleasant Resort)
+1 989 654 3195 (Rifle River Resort)
+1 989 846 0128 (Saginaw Bay Resort)
+1 989 653 2224 (Wilderness Resort)
800 Washington Ave. № 200

Saginaw Bay
4738 Foco Rd, Standish, MI 48658

Wilderness
1050 Husak Rd, Omer, MI 48749

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Outdoor Adventures Customer Service. Initial Outdoor Adventures complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Outdoor Adventures above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Outdoor Adventures. Discuss the issues you have had with Outdoor Adventures and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Outdoor Adventures Complaints & Reviews

Outdoor AdventuresNew reservation system

Today March 4, 2021 I tried to make a reservation for a campsite. It took going through 5 resorts to find a site with full hook up. The new system that allows specific site reservations is limiting availability. Looking at the contract I signed in capitol letters it states "OAI, IT'S MANAGEMENT AND STAFF CANNOT GUARANTEE A SPECIFIC SITE IN A SPECIFIC RESORT. OAI FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS MADE TO THE CONTRARY." So how can you change this contract to allow reserving of specific sites in specific resorts? This limits availability of sites making it nearly impossible to get a site. If you are going to breach this contract then I want my $15, 000.00 that I paid refunded. You can no longer honor my contract as we agreed to.

Sincerely
Scott & Rebecca Waldron
membership #48071-UG
Scott E-mail [protected]@gmail.com
Rebecca E-mail [protected]@yahoo.com
Scott [protected]
Rebecca [protected]

• Outdoor Adventures's response · Mar 05, 2021

Scott and Rebecca, we understand that there may be some confusion with the new reservation system, CampLife. The part of your contract that you mention is stating that we aren't able to guarantee you a site at any of our resorts at any time. Our sites and rentals are first come, first serve. This applied before we implemented the new reservation system as well. We are going to have our Member Services Manager reach out to you immediately to discuss this with you and walk you through it. If you ever have any issues or other questions in the future or need help navigating the system to make a reservation, please call us at [protected], and select option 1 or 2 to reach a representative. You can also email [email protected] We hope you will give us an opportunity to discuss this further as it is our sincere desire that you have an exceptional experience with us. Thank you. Sincerely, Outdoor Adventures Communications Team

Jul 30, 2020

Outdoor Adventures — Outdoor maintenance, membership dues,

On 4/21 /17. We purchased an outdoor adventure camping membership, in 2018 due to unforseen circumstance, we...

Outdoor AdventuresCan’t sell it after so many years!

We bought this membership years ago. After just 2 weeks we wanted out. I got sick. Well, as the sale person told us it would be easy, it wasn't. We have to find the buyer, then they do all the paper work and for a fee, of course. We took a loan to get lower interest to pay it off. But the maintenance fees remain.
    So it's been years, we can't sell it. I was seriously sick and off work few times and we have to pay the maintenance fees, I had to put other bills to the side to make payments. We hardly use it cause it's hard to get the dates we want.
    I seriously hope you can help us. You're our last hope! Please help!

• Outdoor Adventures's response · Aug 03, 2020

Hi Lidia, we're so sorry to hear about your experience. We'd love to talk to you about this further to see how we can help you. Please email a phone number to reach you at to [email protected] Thank you.

Apr 13, 2020

Outdoor Adventures — policies/rules and regulations

I've been a member since 2015 and since day one there's been issues. When we went for the tour and...

Outdoor AdventuresThey lied out and out lied to get us to sign with them.

Back 3 years ago when we signed up we were told after we told them we were unsure of getting locked into this contract that if my husband was everlaid off with AM General & not able to keep up with the yearly fees and payments which we were told would be 450.00 per year another lie goes up every yr. He said they would sell membership for us another lie. Hubby got laid off a yr later i immediately called and they said they dont resale sights. Never said they would. I said we bought someones sight by your sales person saying the people couldn't afford theirs anymore due to change in income so told us we got their membership for what they owed which was like 6, 900... we cant afford this anymore I told her that hisbad got laid off and has been out of work over 1.5 years She said not her problem. . And hung up on me. I called back nest day asked to speak to a manager and got hung up on again.

• Outdoor Adventures's response · Mar 27, 2020

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. If you give us a call at [protected] ext 2, please leave a voicemail and we will get you in touch with upper management to discuss this further. You can also email us at [email protected]

Thank you, and we hope to speak with you soon.

Mar 06, 2020

Outdoor Adventures — Concerning way of advertising

Not so much a complaint, rather a word of caution to those who got the call and the key to potentially win a...

Jan 23, 2020

Outdoor Adventures — telemarketing

These people are ridiculous and should be in trouble for harrassment. They called my phone claiming to be...

Outdoor Adventuresthe campground use package

Salesman used high pressure sales to get us into this into this agreement, I waited in the car and she wouldn't leave until I agreed. Our campground is always booked when we want to go there, we've only camped there once in over three years. And there is a $535 annual camping fee. This seems quite expensive for a once a year camping trip. We want out of this agreement and we want out money back. What can we do to make this happen?

• Outdoor Adventures's response · Jan 02, 2020

Please contact member services at [protected] ext. 2227 to discuss your concerns and your options.

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2019

Outdoor Adventures — life membership

My husband made life membership we want to cancel our membership . We have paid over 4000 never camped there...

Outdoor Adventurespromised so many wonderful things "wrong"

My girlfriend and I were promised so many wonderful things that we "thought" was a great deal since we love to camp. We purchased this "GREAT" deal for almost $15000.00. We were told it would be financed through a bank and ended up being a credit card. Which we found that out about 3 weeks in. I myself called to dispute that issue and was told we already signed a contract and was nothing they could or would do. I tried to cancel our membership and basically was told it was to late once we signed their so called contract. We ended boring money from my 401k to pay it off in full because we did not want the finance charges that went along with their credit card. We have tried to use the facilities several times and never can get in. Every time we call always have to leave a message and usually takes days to get a return call only to find out they are full. We were told as members we would have perks to be able to get a site.. LIES. Such and scam and so disappointed. This is truly the biggest waste of money and turns out to be the BIGGEST mistake ever made. Just want get any amount of our money back and be done with this nightmare.

• Outdoor Adventures's response · Oct 09, 2019

We're sorry for your frustration and misunderstanding of the financing of your membership. Please contact member services at [protected] ext. 2227 if you'd like to discuss this further. Thanks!

Sep 28, 2019

Outdoor Adventures — adam is the sales associate.

My husband and I were pressured into coming down to find out if we won a truck, they called us everyday for...

Outdoor Adventurespaid for 7 years and never got refund or transferred

My father purchased membership 1996 and the dues was paid on time and paid up till 2021. They was suppose to allow for it to be transferred to one of the kids. We have not gotten the proper opportunity to sit down and get this fix instead we was told it was to late to transfer and when I asked for the refund of the unused dues I was told that they couldn't refund it to us. But we paid it, I informed them my brother and I split the payments. So I would like them to make things right

Sep 09, 2019

Outdoor Adventures — outdoor adventures lifetime membership

I had a free 21 day trial when I bought a new camper at this campground, they make you take a tour and sit a...

Outdoor Adventuresmembers rules

So, when we signed on, we were told we could sell the unused portion of the membership portion.

When we attempted to do this, the Kalamazoo Sales Manager, told us we could not sell the trial membership.

Their high pressure sales tactics worked on my wife, and now we are simply stuck. So, we are trying to see the legal avenues, and how we can join the Lawsuit.

• Updated by T.Landis · Sep 07, 2019

I guess the best option, is to spread the word... warn everyone so they know as well...

Aug 17, 2019

Outdoor Adventures — sales of timeshare

We also were not allowed to look thru the contract that we were asked to sign. High pressure sales (No time...

Outdoor Adventuresoutdoor adventures contract

Husband and I were scammed into thinking that we had won a truck.
                Went to the Davison Michigan location.
                Was fast talked into, (major pressure) getting into a contract that we're both stuck in, with no way out.
                When we signed up, we were never informed that our monthly payment would go from $40 to $150 a month. When contacting anyone from the main office in Bay City, Michigan, they are anything but nice, they are rude, and argumentative.
                I just want to stop paying for something that I don't use, or want without ruining my credit.

• Outdoor Adventures's response · Aug 14, 2019

You would need to contact member services at [protected] ext. 2227 to discuss your concerns and options. Thanks!

Aug 12, 2019

Outdoor Adventures — membership01.51781-1l

My complaint is. Last year my husband and I joined for 7000.00. All of a sudden we received a Good Sam...

Outdoor Adventuresforced membership

My husband and I were called to visit Outdoor Adventure camp ground for a chance to win a truck or cash, starting there was no obligation to buy anything and that it was not a sales pitch. We visited the Kalamazoo Outdoor Adventure location and immediately, after touring the camp ground, was directed to a room where we were aggressively talked though their sales pitch. We kept declining offer, saying we could not afford this at this time, but they persisted and kept coming back with a more "affordable" offer. We were aggressively forced into a 2 year membership, $30/month. We felt rushed through paperwork and, with having two small children with us getting more impatient by the minute, did not get to read in detail the terms to agreement. We were unable to cancel membership after 3 days, which would have to be in handwriting and personally delivered to their office. This membership is a rip off and I wish we never got roped into this.

Outdoor Adventuresoutdoor adventures

We signed a membership agreement and we never used the facility and now were out 7500 dollars. Now they have a lawyer threatening us and trying to get more money I called them when I lost my job to make arrangements for the membership and they refused. We canceled our membership and now they still want more money they keep saying we cant cancel it when cant you cancel a membership.

• Su
                        Susan50538 Jul 31, 2019

They are a very ruthless company! Check out the resolved complaints. We are included in it. We were never contacted by them in any way at any time. Every one that has been resolved as they claim were all done the exact same date. Wow! Shocking! All complaints were resolved with the same exact reason... that's because they are lying thru their teeth. I called them many times past 2 1/2 years and no help resolving my complaints. Somehow this company needs to be put out of service. Close all the campgrounds and refund everyone's money back to whom they have scammed over the past what 20+ years
                        Susan M
                        Elkhart, IN

Jul 03, 2019

Outdoors Adventures — unethical sales

I was looking take my granddaughter somewhere local for a fun weekend. Outdoor Adventures was emailed me and...