Menu

Green Dot  - Held my money hostage for 3 months now

N
Author of the complaint
5:30 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On April 24, 3021 I discovered my account had been hacked I called Green Dot and they closed my account and vaulted the $12, 276.14 left in my account, denying me access to my money. $7000.00 was missing from my account.
I was told I needed to file a dispute to get my stolen money returned. On May 7th my dispute paperwork was signed for at the Pasadena, CA post office. The money in my account which was not part of the dispute was still being held hostage by Green Dot. My Mother was diagnosed with Terminal Cancer on June 8th, I tried to get my money released so I could go see her. My request was denied. My Mother died on June 20th without me getting to see her. All Green Dot can say is "Sorry for the inconvience." No they are not.
On June 29th the Dispute Resolution Committee settled my dispute and granted me a return of $6000 of the stolen funds. I sent the required documentation for the return of my now $18, 276.14. I sent it six times. On July 3rd the check was cleared by Green Dot to be returned to me. I still don't have my money. I get left on hold for 2 hours only to be hung up on. 5 Supervisors have hung up on me and still they won't return my money. It has gone beyond ridiculous. They have no right to hold my money hostage. I want my money and I want it now

View 0 more photos
Update by Newman Sandra
Aug 04, 2021 2:25 am

Update: On Friday, July 30, 2021, I once again called GreenDot to find out why my check hadnt
arrived as promised, yet again.
I was assured that I would recieve a call from someone on the. corporate level on Monday or Tuesday. That didn't happen.
I do not understand what game they are playing, but I am over it. This is the absolute worst customer service I have ever recieved.
I need someone with the authority to make decisions, and follow through, to send me my money ASAP

Sandra Newman

Helpful? 0 0

More Green Dot complaints & reviews

Green Dot - Unlock accounts
Green Dot - stolen money
Green Dot - can't access money/use card/get a live cust. service rep
Green Dot - where's my money
Green Dot - part of a scam
Green Dot - green dot
5 comments
L
Apr 02, 2022 5:30 am

Hey bro if your still have this problem I can help

Contact me at [email protected]

K

Green Dot has closed my account as well on November 10, 2021. I have had direct deposit with them over 3 years. When I called to see why I couldn’t access my funds they told me they had switched banks and that I needed to send in documentation so that they can mail me a check and that it will take 2 weeks for me to receive that check. I called them back on November 23, 2021 to see what’s going on with my check now they saying it will take 30 days. Every time you call Green Dot they tell you something different and you can’t understand what they are saying. I just want my $2000 bc that was a whole paycheck that I had worked for. I read these views and they are doing a lot of people like that. It’s not right and I’m not understanding how they are getting away with taking people money. It’s not right and it’s not fair.

B
Nov 11, 2021 5:30 am

Green Dot — They Locked my account with $14k in it because they said I didn't pass the document verification received from a PPP loan from the SBA.

M
Aug 09, 2021 5:30 am

Hi Sandra,

You have alot more money in your closed account then me. Contact The federal Reserve and click on the link below.

I sent my complaint on July 25, 2021 and received a receipt of acknowledgement on July 27, 2021. My case has been sent over to GreenDot, plus I filed with FTC complaint with fraud on GreenDot part, Attorney General Consumer Protection Division, the letter from my attorney office should have arrived today plus I'm going to sue them civilly for locking my account illegally. Good luck but start with the Federal Reserve first.

M
Aug 06, 2021 5:30 am

Sorry I’ll help you out if you can contact me [protected] your account will be open less than hour

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

784 complaints