Menu

reviews & complaints

OmegaFi Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
6 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with OmegaFi at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for OmegaFi has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of OmegaFi. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

OmegaFi complaints 6

Sort by:

Newest OmegaFi reviews & complaints

B
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OmegaFi OmegaFi messed up my credit score by submitting my dues to collections and reporting them as bad debt

OmegaFi messed up my credit score by submitting my dues to collections and reporting them as bad debt. They even added late fees on top of that! According to the Consumer Credit Protection Act of 1968, it's not allowed to send debts to collections and keep collecting more money through late fees. This is clearly illegal, and the Federal Trade Commission should definitely step in to address these shady debt practices.

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OmegaFi I had to drop out of a fraternity called ***

I had to drop out of a fraternity called ***. I was just a pledge and not a full member yet. I reached out to my treasurer, President, and Omegafi about my account balance issue. I want my account and balance to be removed. They said they would talk to the chapter and get back to me, but they never did. It seems like this organization has a problem with conflicting interests at different levels. I don't really want to take legal action, but I will if I have to.

K
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OmegaFi On January 19, I sent my IRS form 990 electronically through File990.org and paid $49.99 for their service

On January 19, I sent my IRS form 990 electronically through File990.org and paid $49.99 for their service. I've used them before and everything went smoothly, but this time, they haven't finished the process. I've tried reaching out to them for an update, but no luck. They claim to be accredited by the ComplaintsBoard.com, so maybe you'll have better luck getting a response from them. My worry is that if they don't file on my behalf, the IRS will come after me instead of them. The only contact info I have is an email address, ***, and an address, *** Columbus, GA 31902.

Is OmegaFi legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals OmegaFi as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, OmegaFi stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering OmegaFi should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

OmegaFi earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: OmegaFi achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for OmegaFi. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Omegafi.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows OmegaFi website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Omegafi.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Omegafi.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with OmegaFi, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

OmegaFi website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While OmegaFi has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 6 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • OmegaFi protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to OmegaFi. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
H
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OmegaFi On November 4th, I got an email from OmegaFi tellin' me that I gotta pay *** $242.90 for dues

On November 4th, I got an email from OmegaFi tellin' me that I gotta pay *** $242.90 for dues. I reckon I've already paid *** 'bout $2500 before (I'm just guessin' though, I can check if y'all want). Since I ain't an active member no more 'cause I'm an Alumni, I ain't obliged to pay no more money. All I want is for *** to drop that $242.90 and stop chargin' me in the future. I done tried callin' 'em, emailin' 'em, and makin' a request, but ain't got no response. I even tried reachin' out to folks in my chapter, but no luck. I ain't sure 'bout the account, order, or trackin' number to give y'all for this.

J

OmegaFi In January , my daughter's Omegafi bill was paid in full

In January , my daughter's Omegafi bill was paid in full. Due to COVID-19, students had to leave campus in March. I've been trying to get a refund, but no success. My daughter's bill was paid in full in January for the spring semester at Ohio State University. Unfortunately, COVID-19 forced OSU to close and all students had to leave campus in March . We were told that a refund would be issued because of the closure. The refund amount is around $1800. I've spent a lot of time texting, emailing, and calling both the OSU local chapter and the National Chapter of OMEGAFI. But as of now, I still haven't received a refund. I would like an update on the refund status without having to go to court. I'm also asking for interest on my money. The student's name is *** M ***. Thank you for your time and any help you can give.

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

OmegaFi I just graduated from South Carolina and I'm a member of Alpha Xi Delta, which uses OmegaFi for billing

I just graduated from South Carolina and I'm a member of Alpha Xi Delta, which uses OmegaFi for billing. After the Spring 2021 semester, we were informed about a refund due to COVID-19. On 6/25, OmegaFi sent me a statement saying that I had a $270 credit on my account (the refund). Then, on 8/7, I received another statement showing that my account balance was $0 because they supposedly mailed the check. I checked the mail regularly, but there was no sign of the check. So, on 9/7, I decided to contact support and let them know about the issue and ask for a solution. On 9/9, they told me that the check was mailed on 8/5 and that I should wait 7-10 business days for it to arrive. By that point, I had already been waiting for a month. On 9/13, I received a response saying that the original check was canceled and a new one would be sent. It's now 10/4, and I still haven't received the check. I reached out to support on 9/27 and 9/30 to inquire about the status of the second check, but I haven't received any responses.

Overview of OmegaFi customer experience

OmegaFi, as reported by numerous consumers, has been plagued with a multitude of problems. Complaints highlight issues such as poor customer service, unresponsive staff, and frequent billing errors. Many users have expressed frustration with the company's lack of transparency and difficulty in resolving issues. Additionally, OmegaFi's software has been criticized for being outdated and prone to glitches, causing inconvenience and inefficiency for users. Furthermore, consumers have raised concerns about the company's high fees and hidden charges, leading to financial strain. Overall, OmegaFi's negative reputation is primarily attributed to its subpar customer service, billing errors, outdated software, and questionable pricing practices.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

OmegaFi contacts