Having problems with BookMyForex?

BookMyForex Customer Service Contacts

Thu9:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Fri9:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Sat9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:30 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with BookMyForex Customer Service. Initial BookMyForex complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for BookMyForex above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about BookMyForex. Discuss the issues you have had with BookMyForex and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

BookMyForex Complaints & Reviews

BookMyForexFunds not being released since 15+ days

I used book my forex services while immigrating to Canada considering the competitive ex rates they offer.
However the DD issued by them (nearly 10 lac INR), has now been pending for verification by their Channel Partner since approx 15 days. Note that they have my funds for more than one month now (considering 14 days of quarantine added to the wait time). They are unable to provide timelines as to when it will be cleared. I am now stuck in Canada without being able to pay my rent, buy any groceries or even winter clothing (considering winter is approaching). Also the landlord is being nasty since I haven't paid her. I am having to live in a new country with a feeling of not having a roof over my head, not sufficient food to eat and a weather to face without appropriate warm clothes. All this due to book my forex and they are still unable to give any timeline when this will be cleared. Pathetic experience. Do not recommend at all.

• BookMyForex's response · Oct 17, 2020

Dear Sir,

It’s very heartbreaking to have such troublesome feedback from you.

We really understand what you are going through. Please send us an email at [email protected] with your order details.

We will try to get this resolved asap.

BookMyForexForex Card

Today 4th March 2020, i have places and order with reference Number:
    FX201796947501.

I needed an cash notes but Forex card is been placed and there is no way to change the order, when checked with customer care they asked to cancel the order and for cancellation they will deduct 2 % amount.

This is not acceptable, 2% for just changing the order even before it complete ? this is fraud, i will like to send notice to BookMyForex and take this matter to consumer court.

• BookMyForex's response · Mar 06, 2020

Dear Mr. Kadam,

As you're aware that the refund of the deposit is already completed and credited to your account.

Please feel free to get back to us at [email protected] in case of any further queries.

• BookMyForex's response · Mar 06, 2020

• BookMyForex's response · Mar 04, 2020

Greetings from BookMyForex!!

We understand your agony as you want the full refund on the cancellation of the order of Forex card as you want currency notes now. We hope you understand that as per the terms of Use available on our website & you got agreed too, states that cancellation of full paid/deposit paid orders are subject to the forfeiture of the 2% of the order total in case you want to cancel the order. Changing the product in Foreign exchange constitutes to cancellation of one product and booking the order which causes the cancellation charges due to the rate fluctuations and bank charges. This is why the cancellation charges are being deducted from the deposit paid.

But considering your request to change the ordered product and as being our respected customer, we are cancelling your forex card order and refunding the full amount to your bank or via the same mode you paid to us. You will receive the update on the same to your registered email address.

Please feel free to write to us at [email protected] for any further concerns.

• BookMyForex's response · Mar 04, 2020

Greetings from BookMyForex!!

Please feel free to write to us at [email protected] for any further concerns.

Feb 25, 2020

BookMyForex — NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT ISSUE - FX200772451065

Hi, FX200772451065 I am using BookMyForex since I came to USA, and they have been a charm with it...

Jan 08, 2020

BookMyForex — refundable deposit not refunded back

Hi I had selected wrong product(Forex card instead of Currency Notes) at the time of placing the order. So I...

BookMyForexadvance money not refunded back

Hi,

I am currently in US, pursuing my masters. I loaded money in a forex card through BookMyforex and they took advance of Rs. 55000 to freeze the rate. After loading all the amount by September 19, I asked them the refund which they initiated by October 3. Today is Nov 11 and I haven't received my refund. Their customer service is the worst and even the top manager that i am in contact with is not helping.
      I am not sure what to do?

Dear Ankit,

This is to confirm that money is returned back to your account and you have confirmed on the mail. It was stcuk with your bank and the payment gateway for reconcilliations.

We regret the inconvenience caused.

Comments

BookMyForexpayment delayed

I have placed an order with Book my Forex for AED current worth Rs 1, 15, 946/- on 10 th May. They could not process my order and load AED currency to my Forex Card in time and I have requested for the refund of my money . I have been following up with them for last 5 months, but I am yet to receive my refund.

Recently they have sent a Demand Draft for partial amount. However, it was more than 3 months old (date) and bank has informed me that it is not valid when I tried to deposit the DD amount into my account. I have tried to contact them over mail and I am receiving only vague responses from them. Kindly help me out by suggesting a suitable approach to get my money back.

Dear Mr. Naveen,

We understand that you have transferred money to Axis Bank directly and card was not loaded within time. We have escalated to the bank and will make sure that your money reaches back to you asap.

You will be posted on the registered email address with the progress upon this. Our team is already in touch with you.

Team - BookMyForex.

Sep 23, 2019

Book My Forex — forex card

Myself Bhupesh Seth, Purchased A multi currency forex card from Book My Forex.I have HKD In my Card and Now...

BookMyForexunprofessional behaviour and ill-handling of my finances!!

On 16th August 2019,
          I had booked an order to reload the forex card which I purchased from Bookmyforex.com.
          The amount of ₹48, 303 equivalent to 900CAD$ was debited from my account instantly.
          According to their "claims" they were supposed to complete my order and reload the card within 24hours.
          It has been 10days today and I'm in another country. They're still processing my order.
          I call them 2-3times a day explaining my situation! They only say they'll credit the amount by the end of the day and ultimately there's no action taken.
          I'm in a foreign country and it's really hard for me to manage expenses here.
          Kindly look into the matter and help resolve it!

Dear Sir,

We noticed that you faced difficulties during order execution. We found that there was confusion with the credit of the funds where you transferred directly to the vendor's account and we were tracking the payments on our gateway which wasn't received.

We got the confirmation from the vendor for receipt of the funds and the card was funded accordingly.

We regret the inconvenience!!

Aug 23, 2019

BookMyForex — Refundable rate guarantee deposit

Dear Sir/Madam, I have been forced to write this e-mail because of pathetic service from your end, I have...

BookMyForexwire transfer services to germany

This is regarding a wire transfer to my blocked account in germany, initiated on 7th august 2019.
            The transaction was initiated on this day and the fund transfer from my savings account was done by me the same day, including the upload/submission of necessary documents and proofs, well before the stipulated time.
            Despite my efforts, the transaction wasn't initiated on the same day by the service in question www.bookmyforex.com and instead I got the memo that the vendor for this transaction had been changed internally.
            After this notification, I did not receive any response or e-mail conveying any unforeseen delays whatsoever, and hence contacted them on 10th august. There was still no response.
            On the 11th, after repeated failed attempts to connect on phone, I finally got through to them on phone and got an assurance saying that the transaction has been processed. I then received a swift copy from their man in charge, mr dewang chaturvedi with the swift copy screenshot, with indecipherable details.
            On the 12th morning after much prodding and poking, I received confirmation from him that it would be done on wednesday the 13th. On the 13th I suddenly received an e-mail saying the transaction has failed due to a mismatch between the account number and name, again with some vague screenshot of the failed transaction. Upon comparing with the records received from my blocked account service and the ones that I had sent, I did not detect any discrepancy and was utterly confused as to why this mismatch came through.
            I am devastated, as this order has been delayed already by almost a week, when it normally takes 3-4 days for completion. Despite that, what was appalling was the apathy and unresponsiveness which truly marred my previous spotless experience I had with them.
            Current scenario: I have again sent the details to dewang chaturvedi and he claims he has re-initiated the process.
            I am very upset at this experience and recommend people avoid this service, if this what comes off it.
            To the bookmyforex team: please expedite this process immediately. I also demand a legitimate reason and inquiry on the delay and cause of this mess.

Thank you.

wire transfer services to germany
            wire transfer services to germany

• BookMyForex's response · Aug 24, 2019

Dear Mr. Spandan,

We deeply regret this rare incidence, we have connected with our channel partner and instructed them to re-initiate the remittance and if there is any loss, the vendor will bear the loss and it will not be passed to you in anyways.

Our team will get in touch and will share the SWIFT copy of the re-transfer with you.

Please be assured for the best resolution from BookMyForex!!

Team - BookMyForex

BookMyForexwire transfer done through bookmyforex

I had initiated a wire transfer through bookmyforex website. I had uploaded all documents and had done full payment for 425000/- to do a wire transfer of 8000 CAD to our Nova Scotia Canadian bank account. The forex order number is FX164618548859.

On bookmyforex website, it said that the order has been completed. However on 30th july, i received an email from Scotiabank stating that the wire transfer was not accepted as it came from a money exchange service or money exchange house.

It has been 5 working days and i have not yet received my refund for this order as the wire transfer has not completed succesfully. I just been getting emails from bookmyforex representatives stating that they are working on it but no confirmation email with the refund initiated. Please look into this ASAP.

• BookMyForex's response · Aug 07, 2019

Dear Priya,

Firstly, we regret the inconvenience you experienced. We do update the status of any order depending upon the remittances went through from India.

As you are saying that your bank has rejected the funds, please allow us to check with the remitting bank and we will update back to you as soon as possible on the refund by the beneficiary bank.

Jul 25, 2019

BookMyForex — book my forex reload request

I have initiated the reload request to bookmyforex #FX162075089306 is the order number they said the order i...

Jul 19, 2019

BookMyForex — to unload forex card

On 7.7.2019 I have submitted my fresh forms again to unload my forex card and refund in my given account...

BookMyForexforex card

This complaint is regarding the Forex card - order FX161342311619.
                I requested a new forex card on 8th of July and my travel was started on 10th of July.
                Till date as of 11th July 2019 4pm IST the card is not activated.
                The bookmyforex team is keep on saying card will be activated by same day.
                I am in the middle of my travel where I don't have a forex card which is activated.
                They have put me in such a grave situation that neither did informed me about card activation delay nor made alternate arrangements for forex.
                My entire travel has been ruined because of the book my forex team
                Such kind of unprofessionalism is totally unacceptable where they put customers travel experience life to a standstill.

Thanks
                Prakash

• BookMyForex's response · Jul 11, 2019

Dear Prakash,

Please accept our apologies that you faced such a difficult situation due to the card load delay at bank.
                    We immediately acted upon your mail and got the card funded. You can use your card now.

Team- BookMyForex

BookMyForexreloading multi currency axis bank card

This complaint is regarding the FX160166237084, which I initiated on 27th June 2019. I'm using this card from Jan 2019 and has converted the INR to Eur in a day. Now, the entire process has changed and there is no information provided for the same. Its been more than a week since I initiated this transaction and transferred the amount on 2nd July. Today, on 5th July, your one of the employees to sends a new reload form and conveys that old form has not been in use anymore. I asked for a sample to fill the new form, but again that employee hasn't had one. Multiple emails back n forth to fill the missing details in a new form. There is one section of 'Debit authority' in the form which asks for the account number. I registered myself with Axis bank to fetch the account number but failed to find it. The, I called Axis bank to ask for the same, they conveyed this is not required while filling the form. So, can someone explain to me if your employees are new or unaware or just passing away the time? Its Friday and you guys have an easy way out of telling me that it's weekend now, the transaction will take place in next week. I'm sitting here in a new country, Ireland, without any money on me from last 5 days. This emergency situation has been conveyed multiple time via chat service but the process is slow as a snail.

• BookMyForex's response · Jul 06, 2019

Dear Aditi,

Thanks for sharing your visa extension proof. Your card is funded today. You can use your card now. In case of any further discrepancy, please feel free to write back at [email protected]

• BookMyForex's response · Jul 05, 2019

Dear Aditi,

Your card reload request has been rejected by the bank as the Visa which is in our records is expired in Feb 2019. Please share your revised Visa at [email protected] so that it can be loaded post that.

Team - BookMyForex.com

• BookMyForex's response · Jul 05, 2019

Dear Aditi,

As you are aware that the bank has revised their process of the card reloads and we also understand that our customers are facing issues in card reloading. But we are trying our best to get the card reload done as soon as possible. Your card is also in process of load and is pending at Bank's supepr checker level.

Your card will be loaded anytime from now. (Screenshot as proof is attached)

We request you for your kind cooperation in this. We will keep you posted with the update on the registered mail ID.

Comments

BookMyForexmulti currency forex card unloading/refund

I have bought Forex Currency Notes and Multi currency card 3-4 times from BookMyForex . Every time i got descent type of services and order was delivered on time. For the first time, i had to unload/refund my Multicurrency Card, i have got most pathetic and unprofessional experience of my lifetime dealing BMF Team. I Submitted all my details along with Card and required document on Monday 24th June. On Tuesday Amount was deducted from the Card and I was informed money would be transferred to my account in 2-3 working days. No Transfer happened until Friday, When I asked the BookMyForex Employee handling my order, she confirmed on Mail on Friday that money would be transferred by Eod or Tomorrow. When i asked reason for delay she did not bother to provide the details. On Saturday again same story, No Transfer, On Sunday they closed my order without any refund and on Monday when i enquired again, they started to show their colors and the same employee told me it would take 5-6 Working Day. I tried calling on the customer care but all in vain, they refused to log my complaint and asked to send mail on [protected]@bookmyforex.com. I asked the employee handling my order about her senior contact/Email. Very Proudly she give me details of on RAKESH KUMAR JHA. On Tuesday i called this RAKESH KUMAR JHA, he told me he joins office at 11 AM so i should wait when i asked him to help ASAP he promised to call back at 9:30 AM. Till 12:00 PM there was no response from any one and even on calling RAKESH KUMAR JHA he did not respond. It has been 8 days but still i have not received my Refund and there is no update from BMF Team. It looks like they are just group of cheats sitting out there to cheat and torture public. I would strongly request all the stay away from this company

RESOLVED

Hi, I have received the fund today in my account. Thanks for all the help and Support, the Complaint Stands Closed. Thanks Sandip

• Updated by Sandip Thakur · Jul 02, 2019

Hi Team,

The issue is resolved now. Thanks for all the help and support.

Thanks
                        Sandip

• BookMyForex's response · Jul 02, 2019

Dear Sandeep,

Its really unfortunate to see such painful experience you have had with us for your recent order. We would be able to assist you better only if you can provide some order details. You can provide the order details here or at [email protected]

Hi,
                      I had a discussion with customer support executive and she provided the rate of 78.66 and also Rs. 100 cashback on INR to EUR conversion. While paying the amount also it was showing 78.66 but as soon as I went on net banking account and paid, the rate changed into 78.86 and cashback was also removed!! I immediately complain about this but they said as the transaction has already been completed they won't be able to help and to cancel this order I have to pay 2% of the total amount. Kindly help in resolving the same.

• BookMyForex's response · Jun 27, 2019

Dear Customer,

Greetings from BookMyForex!!

We can understand your concern, please be informed that cashback of Rs. 100 is applicable only upon online payment modes including Netbanking/Credit Card/Debit Card and that too if order is placed directly via www.bookmyforex.com. To pursue your concern, please share your order details at [email protected]

We will be obliged to assist you on this.

Book My Forexaxis forex card

To Book my forex,
                        I used my forex card for the first time in
                        Mississagua, Canada. I withdraw 1000 CAD and was charged 100 CAD extra on it.

As per the information shared, I was supposed to be charged only approx 3.5 CAD with each withdraw.

But CAD 100 is a big amount and I want to raise the complaint.

Please look into it and reimburse the amount back.

Regards
                        Sagar

• BookMyForex's response · Jun 27, 2019

Dear Sagar,

Greetings from BookMyForex!!

We completely understand your concern, and while pursuing your card statement, it is observed that you have withdrawn the currency from a DCC (Dynamic Currency Conversion) Terminal where the withdrawn amount is converted via global currency which is USD this is why the foreign bank has charged you heavily.

Request you to please withdraw the money from ATM attached to some reputed bank or use POS Cash Advance to transfer to your canadian bank account which will cost you only 0.5% of the transaction amount.

BookMyForex will always be there to help in any further assistance required. Please write us at [email protected]

Team - BookMyForex.

Respected ma'am

Me sheetal oswal and my husband nilesh oswal had applied for the forex card and did the rtgs on 18th april
                          We did our payment through your current account... Both of us are sole proprietor
                          Your sales team dint inform us about all the formalities required
                          After the payment the send us a list of documents to be submitted.. Had we been informed that there were not much formalities through savings account we would have for the same
                          Ms apurva singh was following up with us
                          All documentation is submitted
                          We have reached usa.. We both are not carrying much cash
                          Had completely depended on the forex card that we had booked
                          Pl activate it asap
                          Thanking you
                          Sheetal oswal

• BookMyForex's response · Apr 23, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

We regret the inconvenience. Please be informed that BookMyForex is fully compliant with RBI guidelines. We can issue forex card for the travelers under specific purposes and payments against those orders must be received accordingly. You had not shared any details that you are traveling on Business travel but still you transferred from your current account, which is not in compliance with RBI guidelines.

On requesting for required documents which can support your type of travel as Business Travel, you couldn't share the documents in time due to which the card funding is delayed. You have shared the required documents today morning.

As per the prescribed TAT, funding of the cards will be completed by end of the day but we have requested bank to expedite the loading process.

We will keep you posted on the progress on the same.

You may also write at [email protected]

BookMyForexreloading multi currency card

BookMyForex team promptly responded requesting me to upload the money by sharing the link with their preferred bank for online transaction and followed up multiple times. Each time they called up, the prompt response on their service levels were 4-8 hours timelines. Once the money is wire transferred, it is our responsibility to follow up since they got what they wanted, wooing one more customer. During wire-transfer process, BookMyForex website requested me to upload the proof of transaction of payment, which I promptly did however the team requested me to attach in an email, they said they called me multiple times at my India number, which is in suspended mode since I am in Singapore. I called the team and requested to contact me at my Singapore number for further interaction, which was non-courteously declined since they do not make any international calls. The big ordeal is that even after uploading the proof of my transaction and paying the amount upfront it has been 36 hours (9 times over and above the service level breach time) since without any action from BookMyForex team. I am using my India credit cards and paying huge money for every transaction as a service charge, including the conversion charges. I strongly feel BookMyForex do not feel for the customers facing issues in a foreign country and lack etiquette of customer service completely

The last response I received through an email (aaditya.[protected]@bookmyforex.com and marked a copy to [protected]@bookmyforex.com) is that they will look into the payment and respond within next 15 minutes, which is 13 hours ago and my subsequent phone calls goes unattended after holding me for about 10-15 minutes on their hotline bridge, all this using my international calling card.

What baffles me always is that their response to delay is due to technical glitch they are facing, so according to BookMyForex a technical glitch appears to be an almighty intervention and that we human beings do not have control over it

BookMyForex, please respond once almighty agrees and upload the Singapore currency immediately

• BookMyForex's response · Apr 13, 2019

Dear Mr. Prattim,

This is to inform you that your card has been reloaded with the requested amount.

• BookMyForex's response · Apr 13, 2019

Dear Kumar Pattim,

We are extremely unhappy with the incident that happened with you, generally it doesn’t happen with any of our customer. We understand that you are abroad and might be stuck due to card reload.

We have gone through the case history, and found that you placed two orders

FX144633468571 (offline order) which was confirmed over the call on Apr 11, 2019 02:11:34 PM which was executed and you must have received the mail confirmation as well. You uploaded all required documents on the order but payment was missing.

FX144599741185 (Online order) which was placed by yourself completely Apr 11, 2019 12:48:57 PM which wasn't executed but you made the payment on this order and uploaded the documents.

Our team couldn't identify the payment on the actually processed order this is why they might have asked you for the payment proof.

There might be the delay due to the mapping the payment on the correct order.

But now we have processed your new order where you made the payment, and we will get the card reloaded immediately.

In future, please place only one order for the same product to avoid delays.

You will receive the notification regarding the loading on the card within 1 hour.

Again we regret the inconvenience due delays because of this conflicts and the difference in the time zones due to which we could't respond in non-working hours in India.