Complaints & Reviews

Greendot Cash Machinefake check

I recieved a check in mail for 975.47, said i was approved for a grant, all i had to do was cash or deposit the check and mail them back 411.00 for commision, name of the person was katherine hennessey, independent grant brokerif i send the 411 .00 i will have the rest of my money the next day air mailed, even go's on to tell you where to get the money pack .greendot ...

MoneyPak — bad card / service

Purchased a $125.00 MoneyPak GreenDot from CVS on May 31, 2011 8:09 a.m. However, when I tried to use it, I...

Greendot Corporationunactivated card with funds I cannot access

I purchased a greendot card with $160 on Thur May 19th 2011. Went online as i normally do to activate the card for one time use, however, the website changed a bit and I clicked the wrong button (the proper button is now in small letters and discrete) and the activation was cancelled as the system thought I wanted a refund!! I tried again thinking it was a minor issue to no avail, so I called the customer service number on the back of the card and they said they "APOLOGIZE BUT THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO", but refund me. I had a deadline to make a payment by the following day, I'm in a new City and do not have an address I can receive mail at (in fact, part of the funds were to facilitate and address to receive mail and correspondence while I settle in).

I asked them to get me someone that could help resolve my issue by issuing me a different card number (since I could make my payments online) or transfer the funds to a different card I can go buy or something... But they (call center in Philippines) said all they can do is send an email to the corporate office in California and I should get a response within 24 hours. It's Tuesday May 24th and I haven't even got an email confirming they will contact me.

In addition, I was able to get their Corporate escalations numbers [protected] and called it over 5 times, and each time it said they are having a high volume of calls so I should leave a message (which I did) and someone would contact me within 2 business hours (again, this was Fri, it's end of business Tue now!). It seems the number is just a dummy number to fool people into thinking they will get somewhere while they hold on to your money (to borrow against or show their investors and being capitalized or something).

I am still waiting for a call or email, and have no idea if I will even ever get my $160 back or what!

Moneypak-green Dotpurchased invalid card $500

Bought $500 MP Card on May 4, 2011. Upon trying to use it, I discovered it had been used! I returned to the store & was told to call Mp, which I did right then & there! The card was loaded APRIL28, 2011, per Money Pak. I had to fax the receipt & copies of the card & was told 2 days to investigate & resolve. Today is May 17, 2011 & I am being told its in a special dept. & they cannot give out the name of it, or put me in contact with who is investigating this! Must wait for phone call.
      Refused to provide name or # of this pretend person & refused to provide upper mngmt contact, or any info in who to escalate to & where / who to file a complaint with!!! When they are ready to call they will! They said they lost my fax after 7 days of confirmation! Yet when I callec with the ticket #, it pulled up this lost fax & reattached to my claim. Days later, I was told they never got fax & closed.claim, no call to me either. Then they reopened & reattached the fax, starting the 2 day turnaround over!! It has beeen 13 days total & 10 days since the last 2 day promise!!! They told me to keep waiting for a call, they are reviewing it!!
      I demanded info to file complaint and was refused.

• Tb
          tbone39 Aug 14, 2018

Unlock GreenDot account

Greendot Moneypak Cardmoneypak representative stole my money

GUY NAME DONTAE REPRESENTATIVE OF GREENDOT MONEY PAK TOLD ME HE CAN HELP ME OUT WITH MY CARD CAUSE I WAS NEW TO IT.HE TOOK MY CARD INFORMATION(GREENDOTMONEYPAKCARD) AND TOLD ME TO HOLD EVER SINCE THEN I HAVENT HEARD FROM HIM I CHECK MY BALANCE ON THE INTERNET AND MY BALANCE WAS 0.00 INSTEAD OF 25.00.HE'S A FRAUD HE NEEDS TO BE STOP IF THE POLICE IS READING THIS YOU CAN SET HIM UP BY HIS NUMBER HE CALLED ME FROM AFTER I CALLED THE GREENDOT CARD.HIS NUMBER IS [protected] DONTAE STATESBORO GA

Green Dot Prepaid Cardtax return funds

Hello my name is Terra Wallace,
          I’m writing this letter because I need your assistants with
          This issue that has not been resolved. On February 4TH my tax return was filed through Turbo Tax by my tax preparer Tracey Peterson and I was told I would receive my tax return in February 11th. We exchange my tax information through fax. When I did not receive my tax return on the 11th, I called my tax preparer Tracey to find out what the issue was, it was then that I learned that she had put in the incorrect account information on my tax return and it was sent into the wrong account. The account my money was sent to was a green dot prepaid card account, Tracey then contacted them and she was told to fill out and exchange form which she would fill out the correct account information, and my tax return would be put into my account in 3-5 business days. also with the exchange form she attached a letter from my bank verify my account information. 5 business days pasted and I called green dot prepaid lost management department to inform them that I didn’t not receive any money in my account it was then that they told me the investigating team was working on my case and it would take 10 business days. 10 days go by and still no call, I then felt determine to get to the bottom of this issue and I began to call everyday and I wrote down the names and badges numbers of the employees I spoke to. On April 3th I was asked to fax over a utility bill, a copy of my w2’s, state I.d, social security card . that information was use by the investigation team to verify my identity .I faxed the information over to them on the APRIL 4TH and Green dot then told that it would take 10 business days for the investigation team to update claim. I then waited the 10 business dates and called to inform green dot that I again did not receive a call from the investigation team they then gave me a new ticket number to my claim and told me I would receive a call in one business day and I again did not receive a call, till this day this issue haven’t been resolved and I haven’t been told a reason why.

Green Dot Prepaid Debit Cardred flag

It has been over a month since I received my tax refund which was deposited into a prepaid account with Green Dot. I filed my taxes through Turbo Tax and chose this option because they advertised it as being faster option. The alternative would have been to wait about 4 weeks for the IRS to mail me a check. Needless to say, I wanted my money sooner so I had them mail me a Green Dot card. Within a matter of days, I received my card. 2 days later, the money was deposited into my account and I was able to make purchases. Approximately 1 week later, after trying to make a purchase, I came to realize that my card was locked. I called Green Dot for an explanation and they informed me that my account was being investigated and they required a copy of my photo ID, social security card, as well as a utility bill in my name in order to perform a full investigation. I don't have any bills in my name so I sent the other 2. They informed me that it would take 10 business days and someone would get back to me. That time had passed and I still had not received a phone call. I spoke with 4 service representatives and 3 supervisors and got nowhere. They will not budge without that utility bill. They said it was to verify my home address even though it's clearly displayed on my photo ID. Had I went the traditional way and chose to have a check sent to me, I would be spending my money right now without any problems. I have been waiting almost a month and still, no progress is being made. It seems that there are thousands of people that go through this every year which means Green Dot (now partnered with Turbo Tax) is holding all of this money and collecting interest from these accounts while I sit here broke and in debt. How is it that these corporations would need to question a deposit made by the IRS? If I was responsible for fraud, wouldn't the IRS be responsible for catching that and filing charges? And If it's fraud they're worried about, why allow me access to my money for the first week instead of investigating when the money was first deposited? If anyone else is having similar issues with this company, please let me know because I'm very close to contacting an attorney about this.

Green Dot Corporation Apr 01, 2011

We understand your frustration and apologize for your experience. We would like the opportunity to investigate your situation further and determine the best course of action. We have already sent you a direct message to gather additional information. Meanwhile, you may also email us at [protected]@greendotcorp.com including your full name and a contact number. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

• Si
                simmons29 Apr 27, 2011

I am going through the same situation with this company as well.

• Si
                simmons29 Apr 27, 2011

After sending in all of the required info: copy of I.D, social security card and a notarized letter; The company is telling me that I still have to wait an additional 10 days before they finish their investigation. I faxed in all of the documentation required so why should I have to wait additional time before I can access my own money. Just like the person mentioned above, Greendot allowed me to make some purchases before locking my account. I have even experienced hangups after requesting to speak to a supervisor. I strongly urge all readers to beware of Greendot prepaid cards because they will leave you broke, angry and emotionally exhausted. I still don't have access to my account.

• Da
                dalehcline Oct 22, 2011

Today I purchased a green dot debit card at a 7-eleven and loaded it with all the money I had on me for the week. Immediately I attempted to activate it by phone. After going through 2 representarives, I was informed they would not activate my
                card because they could not verify my information. They would not even tell me what info they could not verify and could not correct any mistake that might have been made. They stated that they would mail me a paper refund check and that I would not be allowed to activate any debit card of theirs. I got angry and adked them to verify my Info with bank of america since I have an active savings account with them. They refused and now I hane to go all week with no money while green dot collects interest on what I loaded me un activateable card. NEVR AGAIN

Green Dot Reload Cardlack of customer service

I have had a green dot card for over a year with little to no serious issues. Recently, I had my income tax return loaded on the card. Early March of this year I went to pay for some work on a vehicle I own and the card was declined which I found to be odd. When I checked the remaining balance on the card it showed $22.00 down from $2400 the night before. Illegal purchases were made using the card in two different Countries within hours of each other. I started a claim with Green Dot stating that my identity had been stolen and the card was compromised. I investigated into the companies where the card was used and forwarded the information to Green Dot hoping it would expedite the claim. 10 days after they had said I should see the money on the replacement card, a customer service rep whom I couldn't understand too well stated "Based on the information we received from on of the merchants involved, we have concluded that you are filing a false claim". The reason-The merchant knew my address, name, age etc.. (What part of identity theft are they not getting?) When I asked if they could provide whether the purchases were made on line or in person she replied "No, if you want to pursue this further, you will have to use your own means". Wow! I went from being a victim to being called a liar. I have since received $500 of the $2400 spent which I don't understand but will take it. The merchant's, amounts and dates are as follows. I hope this helps you: 3/2/11-Fashion X $200. 3/2/11-Fashion X $294.68. 3/3/11-Pulguita.com $761.28. 3/4/11-Pulguitas.com $973.97. Also, various charges for foreign transactions totalling $88.00. Ok, so my card was used in Mexico, China and Georgia within 2 days of each other while I attempted to use the card in California during the same time frame. Hmm. Well, I am writing this off as a very costly lesson. Only my Faith is keeping me from going Postal! Do not use these cards!

Green Dot Corporation Apr 01, 2011

We understand your frustration and apologize for your experience. We would like the opportunity to investigate your issue further. We will send you a direct message to gather additional information that will help us resolve your issue. Meanwhile, you may also email us at [protected]@greendotcorp.com including your full name and a contact number. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

• Sh
                  Shewchuk Feb 01, 2013

you may also email us at [protected]@greendotcorp.com
                  DO NOT BOTHER WITH THAT E-MAIL ADDRESS, IT WILL BOUNCE BACK TO YOU...SHOCKER, WELL NOT REALLY. NOTHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY SHOCKS ME ANYMORE.

Green Dot Pre-paid Cardsmoney frozen

Someone called and said that they were given a faulty moneypak on 3/10/2011 for 100.00 the company looked up the moneypak number and saw that this number was applied to my account on 3/07/2011. This moneypak was purchased on 07/07/2011 by my father for me and applied to my account correctly. The other customer claimed that they purchased it on 03/10/2011 yet faxed the a receipt for my moneypak purchased on 03/07/2011. Immediately this should have raised a red flag to the investigator that something was wrong with this person claim. The company did not call me about the issue or notify me in any way to give me and opportunity to prove that the 100.00 in question was rightfully mine. Instead the froze my entire account with a balance of 939.00. This money was not from a moneypak at all it was a direct deposit from a tax refund in my name. I check my balance online and it showed my balance of 939.00 so I had no way of knowing that the account was blocked after make 3 transactions and looking back at the seeing them declined I call the 800 number listened to my balance and was told it was upward of 900 dollars. I spoke to a cust service rep on 3/11 and was told of the block. On 3/12 my step-mother confirmed that the moneypak was mine and the person who did the compliant withdrew it saying that they made a mistake. As of today my money has not been returned to me even though they know that I am not in the wrong. I've been disconnect 3 times by cust service. And have yet to get an apology, they just keep justifying their actions. I would like to be compensated! I am requesting 25.00 and payment for and late fees of declined fee due to this.

• Yo
                    yoshislilgirl Mar 19, 2011

My account was froze with the last $100 from my tax return after I already spent $900. They wont tell me why after I faxed over several documents proving my identity. It was froze March 3rd faxed March 4th and now here we are March 19th and I still have no money. I have called over and over just to be told they are waiting for their QC department to do their job. This is all while they haven't explained why it happened in the 1st place. I have filed my taxes using Turbotax and Greendot before and I wont be again. The most answers Ive received was when I called on a Saturday I was told its because I live in Florida...

• Ta
                    tattedgirrl Mar 26, 2011

wow!!! I'm having the same problem with them :( sent all my info yet they won't release the money!!! GREENDOT sucks!!! I have used them for years and will not be using them again. I am looking for a lawyer to help me in this matter!

• Yo
                    yoshislilgirl Mar 26, 2011

Please stay in touch and let me know what happens with everything...Im still waiting and calling them . I reported them to the FTC going for Attorney General next.

Green Dot Corporation Mar 28, 2011

Green Dot apologizes for the inconvenience you have experienced. We understand the urgency of needing immediate access to your hard earned money and assure you we are here to help you. We will reach out to you directly or you can contact us at [protected]@greendotcorp.com (please provide full name and contact number) to ensure your MoneyPak is applied correctly.” Thank you for your feedback and allowing us to correct this issue.

madfornow May 27, 2011

What I dont understand is how can they still take the monthly fees out when they have the account frozen. I have sent over the required documents twice. They continue to tell me they haven't receive them. Any other bank would not keep the funds and continue to take money out. They would turn the funds over to the state. I have over $800 dollars in my account.

• Cb
                    cbmember1970 Jan 16, 2013

Green Dot is an organization known for poor customer service, lack of responsiveness, tying up/outright keeping the money of the unbanked population they serve with no explanations or contact. Even when contact is promised, calls are never received. Their products have been linked to massive fraud, employee theft, identity theft, etc. Unfortunately the average consumer pays the price for violation of their vague terms of service. The web, social media and agencies such as the FTC have been flooded with complaints about Green Dot, and currently their stock is in free fall. I strongly advise people to avoid them and look at competitor's products.

• Ca
                    Capnamerica69 Mar 29, 2013

This company SUCKS! I was blocked from my account after numerous transactions that were not mine. I had my paycheck and my income tax deposited on my card and have been denied access to the remaining balance. I have spoken to many different agents and no one will get me to someone who can help. I have told them fine...block the amount that is disputed and give me access to the remainder of my funds. I have even offered them another card to which to transfer the remaining balance on my account. I am without any money and no recourse at this time. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES!!!

Green Dot/kmart Credit Cardsnoconsumer protection

When I purchased a green dot reloadable pack and a kmart prepaid credit card, I assumed that I would have the same consumer protection as every other credit card; however, that is not the case. I had the sad occasion to use my kmart credit card on a fraudulent site, who kept all my money, never sent one single item I purchased. when I called to dispute the charges on my card, I was told that I would not be any of my money fraudulently taken from the scam. when I read their 'consumer agreement, " which I should have done beforehand it, it states: disputes with merchants. neither we nor green dot are responsible for the delivery, quality, safety, legality or any other aspect of goods and services that you purchase from others with a card. all such disputes must be addressed to the merchants from whom the goods and services were purchased.
                  So if you think you are protected against fraud or loss with kmart or green dot, do not be misled, as they certainly are trying to do. there are many, many other prepaid cards you could use that do offer that protection. I strongly suggest using another before you are out all your money, as I was.
                  Just a word to the wise, and I hope this does help at least one person to not buy from them.in fact, don't even purchase anything from kmart for the scam they are perpetrating on the public!!! the more voices, the more we will be heard.

Greendot Refund Checktheft

some weeks ago i canceled my walmart moneycard because someone stole 47 dollars from it via the internet.
                    customer service mailed me a check for the balance which was $86.80
                    the check was from wells fargo in sanfrancisco CA.
                    i tried cashing the check at walmart but it was denied on the count of CERTEGY claiming i had issued bad checks in the past.
                    not only was this untrue, but i really needed that money!
                    does anyone know what can be done about this?
                    i will file a complaint with the fbi's c3i division anf the F.T.C. but what else can be done besides wait?
                    please let me know [protected]@yahoo.com

• Sl
                        Slperk Mar 26, 2013

I'm Haveing the same Promblem at a Deridder Wal-Mart Cash in a Pre Paid Master Card and Wal-Mart Cant cash the Ck, The Check Cash Place Wont Cash Refund Checks Certegy Advise me to take it to My Bank and Cash It On My Account Why would i want to do that when it might come back un-paid an take the money out of my Personnel Account, , ,

Johny Good Boy Mar 26, 2013

*** Alert Alert *** callboxinc.com and telematechs. Ian Tumbos aka Matthew Spencer and Sandra Williams Scammers ***

Ian Tumbos aka Matthew Spencer and Sandra Williams used to work for Callbox aka callboxinc.com. Ian Tumbos aka Matthew Spencer and Sandra Williams stole many clients from Callbox aka callboxinc.com and they took them to the FAKE company called telematechs.

++++ Ian Tumbos aka Matthew Spencer and Sandra Williams address and phone number:

Guzman Street
                        1 888.810.7464 Toll free
                        1 310.439.5814 Direct line
                        1 310.862.6762 Fax

Green Dotrip off

Purchased green dot refill card but green dot is refusing to release the $300 in funds. The transaction is being "investigated". I have sales receipt with activation number, refill card with activation code, faxes, record of phone calls, etc. Green dot says they do not have my money..

Green Dot Corporation Jan 07, 2011

We truly apologize for your experience and assure you that MoneyPak is a safe and secure way to send money. Our intent is to resolve this issue as soon as possible, so we will be sending you a direct communication. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

• Pe
                          peter-pan May 28, 2011

Green Dot is an REG-E compliant company. They are legally required to resolve the dispute within 60 days. Call again and be sure to ask for a ticket number

charles Oct 22, 2015

call this number [protected] report this to them and getyour money fund back.
                          Visa [protected]

charles Oct 22, 2015

Greendot it's a ripoff company called this number Visa -[protected]- and they can help you get your money back

Green Dot Money Pakwon't release money

I purchased a green dot money pak for $300.00. They will not release the money, citing a variety of reasons. I spoke to 10 different people in ONE day and got 10 different reasons. I faxed copies of the money pak card along with my receipt, then was told I did not fax anything and was accused of being unwilling to cooperate. I had the Transmission Verification Report IN MY HAND!!
                        I will fight this to the bitter end. Green Dot WILL NOT steal my money. I have PROOF of purchase, activation numbers, and proof that I faxed everything to them TWICE.

Green Dot Corporation Jan 12, 2011

• Na
                            Nancy Ralston Jun 18, 2011

I bought a green dot money card for 310.00 and have the receipt only to be told later that the 310.00 had been used. I hadn't even scratched off the number. I called them and they wouldn't help. I am at a loss.

• Na
                            Nancy Ralston Jun 18, 2011

Green dot money card ripped me off. I bought one at a 7-11 for 310.00 only to be told by the 1-800 number on the back that the funds had been used. They were also rude. They are the only people that I gave the scratch off number to. They will not refund my $. I will fight this with a vengance.

Maria Mmaldonado Feb 23, 2012

Hello we are going through the same thing right now. My boyfriend purchased a card from Rite Aid Yesterday February 21st 2012 At 8:50am in Syracuse NY for $310.00. He scratched off the back of the card and the numbers that are needed to use the card came off the card too and was scratched off as well. The Rite Aid store called Green Card to explain the card was a bad card and he needed a refund, and Green Dot Pk representative said they will get his refund in 4 hours. When he called Green card; 5 hours later they stated that their representative called and verified that Rite Aid had given my boyfriend an instant refund. We called rite aid with Green Dot and Rite Aid stated that was incorrect and was never said to anyone at Green Dot, that a representative from green dot called and said they would refund him that day. We have been on the phone for 2 days fighting for our money back and we have been on the phone with them for over 2 hours, as he told them he will not wait for another phone call to just to continue investigation. Now they are saying they have to continue the investigations because the Rite id manager did not provide enough information.

Green Dot — lack of customer service

My husband bought a MoneyPak and put $100 on it to load onto his son's Green Dot card who resides in...

Green Dot Pre-paid Visa — late direct deposits

Happy new year!!! Green dot gaffs retired military pay. I woke up this morning and my retirement check ha...

Walmart Green Dot Money Cardwhere is my $250

i purchase a $250 green dot money on dec. 24 to give away to my son as a chrismas gift when he went to ativate it the card had zero balance. i am waiting for my money

Green Dot Corporation Jan 04, 2011

Green Dot apologizes for your inconvenience and we want to help. Please call [protected] and have your temporary card number available for further assistance.

• Dl
                              D Lawson 912 Feb 27, 2011

Would like to use mine too but it don't work, I called several times and got the run around even at walmart... Yeah Walmart someone needs to start a law suit and maybe get some of our hard money back

Sarena1121 Sep 25, 2012

I too am getting the run around. Green dot says it is Wal-mart, Wal-mart says it is green dot. I asked for a refund and green dot says since wal-mart loaded it onto wrong card they can not!! What?!? You can not get MY MONEY BACK?!?!

• Th
                              Theresa A Brown Sep 30, 2012

it just happened to us went to Walmart to load $500 on our walmart card they loaded it to a different card. walmart is saying that we are ripping them off we have no other card have receipt with reference asked walmart to cancel transaction they wouldn't said I had to call Green Dot called Green dot and they said we had to deal with walmart they are the processing center. It is bull ### I do not have $ 500 to give away and no-one will help . they have to be able to pull the account and get my money back. This is wrong and I believe illegal .

Greendot And Wal Martmoney pack robbery

I had purchased 6 Money Packs at one time. Each Money Pack had $995 dollars for a total of $5970.00. I purchased them at Wal Mart and went to load one and was successful. Then I tried to load the others and they all was Blocked. Now I paid to load these in cash for a total of $4975.00 for the 5 that would not work. It was crucial to get this money loaded to cards right away for business purposes but I was unable to. I called and spoke with GreenDot and they verified that yes the cards where loaded with $995 in cash each but there was a block on each card. I asked to be put on with a manager of Loss Management and when I spoke to them they told me I was out of luck that I would have to fax the receipts to them for verification of load "FROM WAL MART" ok well that would have been fine then he said no I would have to wait for 8 hours before I was able to get my $4975.00. This is so much garbage they advertise a service with Wal Mart guaranteed to Load right away and you must use cash but when all the proper steps are taken you still get taken advantage of and basically GreenDot gets to house my money until they feel they have satisfied there needs but the advertisements say it is safe and secure and guaranteed well guess what in laymens terms we call this fauls advertisment and in other terms well you know. I lost out on the Purchase of a Vehicle that was crucial to have for my business the owner sold it to another buyer b ecause I was made to wait to get my money out of GreenDots pocket. I am going to seek and I ask for any help in any guidance to making sure GreenDot suffers a loss as I did. I worked hard to locate the vehicle and I was very successful then when I needed to get money from one state to another by loading it on GREENDOT Cards I lost the deal of a lifetime a $10.000 dollar Vehicle for half price the guy needed the cash right then to keep from the bank taking the truck so he was only asking what was owed, but again GREENDOT REALLY DROPPED THE BALL.

money pack robbery

Greendot Universal Reload — fraud

On 12/4 I purchased a greendot universal reload for 300.oo us dollars to add to my paypal account to do some...

Greendot Help Foundationreceived check for grant loan

Received a check today 12/08/10 in the amount of $965.94. The check came to me at my maiden name (maiden name is Hume) and also in the script, said "could use a little financial aid Hume Hume". It states it's a "CHAHIER'S CHECK" for the above stated amount and that if I cash the check, I am to pay $401.00 to a Vicki Marshall via Greendot Moneypak prepaid cards. Also the letter with the check states that if I fail to not pay after cashing the check within 5 days (doesn't state calendar or business), then my name will be sent to the credit bureau and will report negative marks on my report and that I will have to pay back the entire amount of $965.94. If after I cashed the check and paid Ms. Marshall, I would receive a check for a grant loan (double negative, right), for $9035.00 to total of $10, 000.00. I know a little about grants and know that you don't have to pay them back and you shouldn't have to pay money to get money (from what I have learned about online lotteries and from playing PCH.com). Especially since the Cashiers check is misspelled. Big red flag. I will be keeping the letter/check so I might send it to someone if needed to be able to file charges or need evidence.

• Mb
                                  MBLesnick Dec 09, 2010

I recieved same check yesterday, signed a Michael Andruos and at end of the letter was signed by a Vickie Marshall. I am sure happy i did research on the internet on this . I will be keeping the whole check too ( and envalope w/ the post mark),
                                  so if its needed to press charges i will be happy to help.

• Do
                                  Doueboy Dec 27, 2010

I received a check in the amount of 936.27 from a Vickie marshal claiming to be an independent grant broker with the greendot help foundation. Check is no good of course.
                                  But they are scamming people all over the country, and need to be stop. The envelope that the check came in, has no return address on it, and they used a Purple heart stamp on it. This is also MAIL FRAUD. Still trying to find out who they are for sure. so what ever you do. Do not deposit the check that you get. it is a Cashiers cheque. from KEY BANK Corp.

My bank call the KEY BANK CORP. and they are all Bogus checks. We need to try to stop them.
                                  my email is [protected]@gmail.com if you care to write.

• Ha
                                  harleygirl71 Dec 28, 2010

They are getting better, recevied the same offer today however my check is an "Official Check" not a cashiers check but the instruction letter has several typos in it. They do need to be stopped because someone is going to fall for this if they haven't already. Any ideas on who to file a complaint with???

sam1953 Dec 29, 2010

samuel Sumo Tiepmo
                                  How can we stop this scam. I recevied the same offer. my Email [protected]@yahoo.com

MoneyPakwrong information

Greendot Company in whole has very bad Customer service, The Customer Service Representatives dont co-ordinate among themselves. When Ever you call different person picks and tell you different thing. I have a refund Cheque i was suppose to pick from them. They promised me that I was going to receive it within (7-10) business days and today as am writing this article is the 13th business day i havent receive any cheque and all they could tell me was to wait for another (7-10) business days again for them to reprocess a new cheque. i needed the Money urgently to pay for my sons hospital bills and even need to travel form the address i gave to them. i have a flight which cost $1, 700 and cannot cancel the flight because of the cheque which is not up to half the ticket flight. Infact no body could help me there and am suprise. I need the money and dont know what to do now. Please to all people who deal with MONEY PAK from green dot. They are not a reliable company and should be very careful dealing with them they cant help you in any way when you get trouble. Infact Now is between Live and Death for my son and they told me their sorry they cant help me. If possible people should desist from using the greendot Moneypak because of their bad customer service. They Cant even track the cheque in US post.