Complaints & Reviews

Green Dot/moneypakdenied access to moneypak funds

my moneypak account info is repeatedly rejected or unacknowledged by moneypak company over internet & phone, denying me access to funds i've entrusted to them.

Green Dot Credit Cardmissing money

Having money, fifty dollars left on my Green Dot card, I tried to purchase gasoline at four different gas stations all four rejected my card, Green Dot Card has charged me one dollar each for these rejections, for a total of four dollars, now I am afraid to insert my Green Dot card for fear of it not only being rejected, but a one dollar charge just for trying to buy gasoline,
    Also another $11.86 disappeared from from the account, with no explanation, and Green Dot Card customer support, would not help, or explain.People Use Green Dot at your own RISK! ! !

• Kc
        kcy90 Apr 02, 2011

i was on ticketmasters trying to buy some tickets and my credit card declined to find out this company name HHE-net grantgo has been stealing $57.61 from me. I use this card to pay for bills as well as my rent and gas. I need to know who to get in contact with so i can get my money back

Green Dotbad service!!

I have put 50 on my card and they put my money on the wrong card and after I called them to fix it they only credited me back 20 dollars and they also take money out of your card almost every day for their "monthly" charge. They should tell you it's a daily charge! Green dot has screwed us over and all they do is take your money!

• Ov
          Overly Disatified Customer Mar 08, 2013

Complaint Date: 3/8/2013 Initially Green Dot give you a customer Service number at [protected] and theirs other number you can call, however they all function pretty much the same, you can not reach and live rep for any reason. I had question about the card and exactly how it work before purchasing the card, however, could not get a rep unless you enter your account info, which I did not have, because I had not purchase card yet. In-order to speak with a rep I purchased, which I felt forced to purchase because that was the only way I would get any question answered, and sure enough I got to speak with a rep to express my concerns 1. of them was the $5.95 fee and month when every time you reloaded you paid $4.95 fee, I was told I could cancel before the fee was schedule to go. 2. Did not like they forced you to us a residential street, and you could not us a PO Box., because that's all some people have, you have the name's + Soc Sec Number what more do you need, everyone don't have a home address especially with these hard times. 3, Definitely did not like no accessibility to a live customer rep and having to wait almost 30 to 40 minutes to finally get to one. Here's the secret 1. Press the key that says you want to replace a stolen or lost card. 2. Press the key that says you never received your card. You will then be transferred to a live rep. 4. The system automatically closed my account while I was enter a change of address to my PO BOX, but didn't get as far as change my zip, When I did call them they said they could not make the correct change it permanently incorrect on my file, because it is close, they had no way to change it after it closed even though it was their system error. They had to do Request for change of address for delivery for you to get your refund to you. Their system, and operational process is crewed. Customer not satified.

CVS Pharmacy Green Dot Cardrobbed at cvs counter

on july, 3 2010 the day of my birth day i went into cvs pharmacy to purchase a money order and load 500.00 in a green dot card. when i got to the counter asked the clerk for a money order. i payed him . he handed me the money order. i took it. i reached to give him the green dot card and money together, while i was telling him the amount. someone standing behind the line grabed the money out my hand and ran. after filling out a police report. cvs tape. four witness. the police still have'nt caught the four guys involved or given me any more information. cvs risk management told me the whole incident was my fault for paying with cash . they only accept cash at cvs ! they say i layed the money all over the counter making it easy and that i was'nt doing a tranaction with the casheir. if any one had something like this done to them please comment about it i do'nt carry that amount of cash on me, but i needed it to get a prepaid card. cvs have only one person in the front and no sercurity. so you are at your own risk when you enter the stores. cvs only cares about cvs.

• IronGrudge89 Jul 29, 2010

Weird. I've been to CVS several times (several different ones) and they all take credit/debit cards. That's all I ever have on me. Anyway.. this is awful. It's not your fault at all. If you don't get your money back or at least a further investigation, sue.

• Ml
            mlkmlk Aug 20, 2010

How is that CVS' fault? Tough ###, you got robbed!

• Je
            Jerry2970 Sep 23, 2010

Yes... How in the world is that CVS's fault???!! Sounds like your stupidity for laying cash all over the counter. Maybe HAND it to the cashier next time? Yes it sucks that you were robbed, but it certainly isn't the store's fault.

• En
            Engineerswife07 Apr 04, 2011

Can you people not read? First of all she said they grabbed the money out of her hand, not off the counter. And second of all, they do not take anything except cash for money orders. Geez people, if you got robbed at the ATM would it be your fault for having the money in your hand?

• Wa
            waitwhat Apr 27, 2011

your an idiot. don't live in the ghetto

Green Dotdirect deposit

I recently signed up for direct deposit for my Veterans Administration check so that I did not have to get out and do so much walking to cash my check etc...The VA did not put the last 3 digits of my account number on the direct deposit so Green dot kicked the wire back. I contacted them before the 2nd deposit went in and explained to them what had happened and that my social security number was on the check and that they could verify that against my account since that is the way they verify my identity over the phone and they refused said that they could not do that. My sister has worked for a bank for over 25 years anytime a direct deposit is rejected it kicks out a sheet telling them that something was wrong with the account so I know that they can verify the information by using my social especially when the account number is only missing 3 digits I explained this to the first person I spoke with and of course she either didn't understand what I was saying or just didn't care but I asked to speak to a supervisor I assume they thought I was going to hang up because they left me on hold for twenty minutes when she came back on the line and said her supervior was on a call with another person but she had spoken to her and she agreed there was nothing they could do. I again told her I wanted to speak to someone in charge and after another 15 minutes of waiting I finally got a Rommel on the phone probably some pee on who said the same exact thing that she had just said, I said to him so what you are telling me is that you are refusing to assist a Disabled American Veteran to ensure that my money is put on my card when I am telling you that it is coming in and exactly how much it is going to be for and hes exact words were I'm sorry there is nothing I can do...These companies need to hire more Americans and less of those people who do not understand English where is the compassion I also told him that this was going to put me in a serious bind since it takes at least 3 weeks for the VA to return the funds but he did not care...So for anyone thinking of using these people just know they are not compassionate at all and will not assist you in any way...So as soon as this is over I will be removing my money and they can take the card and shove it where the sun don't shine...

• Pa
              Patricia Page Dec 01, 2010

I have signed up for Greendot direct deposit for my Social Security and S.S.I. payments. I have called numerous times to see if the deposit was made and after 12 HOURS, I still do not have money on it. I have bils that need to be paid now and need the money deposited. I wish I would have known I was going to have this trouble!! PLEASE, PUT MY MONEY ON MY CARD!!!

Green Dot Moneypakrefused the sale of 3 moneypak cards

On july 7, 2010 I attempted to purchase three (3) green dot moneypak cards. I was refused and told that the store was not allowed to sell more than one (1). Having done this type of purchase in other walgreens stores I wonder why I was turned away. I understand that when the green dot card is loaded (Store or internet) that walgreens will not allow more than one load for $500 per 24 hours. I do not understand why walgreens treats customers in this manner as to not sell the moneypak. Who is to say how meany accounts the moneypak will be applied too.

• Ka
                kandyapple May 17, 2011

I AGREE WITH EVERYBODY I VE DID A MONEY PAK LIKE FRIDAY MAY13 2011 AND THIS GUY NAME DONTAE THAT STAY IN STATESBORO WAS A REPRESENTATIVE OF MONEY PAK HAD ASK FOR MY GREENDOT MONEY PAK NUMBER SO HE CAN HOW MUCH MONEY WAS ON MY CARD. HE END UP TAKING ALL MY MONEY OUT AFTER THAT I COULDNT GET IN CONTACT HE'S A FRAUD THE NUMBER WAS [protected] IF ANYBODY GET THIS MESSGAE SOMEBODY NEED TO HAVE THE POLICE TRACK HIM DOWN HIS NAME IS DONTAE HIS NUMBER [protected].HE WILL TELL YOU HE CAN HELP YOU OR PUT MONEY ON YOUR CARD BUT HE'S LYING

Greendot.comfraudulent transaction

Green Dot.com Debit Card knows there is a fraudulent billing as the merchant told them and refuses to crredit account

Greendotmickeymouse company!!

Okay- so I received a "GreenDot" Visa card as a gift from my brother for my birthday- it was only for thirty dollars- but hey! It was 30.00. I registered as instructed- then went to use it and it says it is invalid- so I waited a few days thinking it would register by then- tried several more times to use it- and it said invalide4 every time! I called the company- and went to three different people before the last person told me I was out of luck...and 30.00 because I didn't have the original cardboard card that was orignially sent to me- I am so mad! This is mickey mouse and a crummy way to run a business. I will never even consider using this company for ANYTHING ever again and will tell all my friends, too! No resolution-just out 30.00!

Greendot Visa prepaid Credit Cardillegal transaction on my credit card

Someone used Moneybookers EUR London company to attempt to make an illegal transaction on my Greendot prepaid Visa credit card in the amount of $848.62 on 05/29/2010. Fortunately, I never put much money on my card because I do not have that kind of money to throw away let alone let someone steal. I would suggest you investigate who is using Moneybookers EUR London as a way to steal money from people's credit cards. I have informed the FBI of this transaction and there may be an investigation pending on the attempted theft.

Sincerely,
                  Brenda V. Oswell

• Ro
                      RONALD ALLEN Dec 10, 2007

Network agenda took $9.95 out of my account, i do not know who they are. I had a brief account with e-music and i understand they are affiliated.

Green Dotscam

Ordered my tax refund on a Green Dot Card, and never received it. The dollar amount was $1400+

This company straight up stole my money.

I've called several times, the first 2 times I called i was assured that the card was on it's way. 20 Days later I called again. This time they promised to fedex it to me for a fee of $20 after arguing in hindi with the agent on the phone, i was able to get them to ship it for free. 3 day delivery time frame.

6 days later I call and they still haven't even shipped the card.

This is just a crappy company with a website and a private label prepaid card that cant even figure out how to use the mail.

IRS, FTC, and BBB complaints are next, for both turbotax and green dot.

Horrible company, don't use them... BTW keep searching, there are thousands of complaints.

• Ru
                        Russ618 Apr 11, 2011

Green Dot is a crooked company, I had money deposited to my greendot account they stated I had to many deposits and they blocked my card from usage, they sent my Social Security payment back, But the funny thing about this company they didnt stop putting their fees on my card ! which I mind you was suppose to be blocked from all transactions, I sent them documentation notorized and I was told I would have access to my money well let me tell you here it is almost 30 days later and I still have a block on my account and NO access to my money! They keep playing games I will never get another Green Dot card again after I get my money back from them, even if I have to use the funds to hire a lawyer just to get even with this ### company.

not afraid Apr 14, 2011

I bought a green dot card on Saturday, April 9, 2011. Within the two hours it took me to get home and download it to my grandson's Walmart money card someone had already downloaded it to another card. I went online on the Walmart site to download it andthe card had no money on it. I had paid Walmart $416.64for the $412 that I put on the green dot card. I have my receipt from Walmart and I have the green dot card. The silver strip that you have to scratch off was in place, but my money was not there. They are a crooked rip off company that needs to be shut down. They just keep giving you excuses for whay they can't give you your money back. They told me two days and then two more days and still no money. they have done this to alot of people. It is a scam company and Walmart and every other company that is selling these cards need to give the refunds or quit selling these cards. I intend to contact every retail outlet that is selling these fraud cards and I am also going to sue and contact my congressmen to get involved in this. I am so angry that my grandson who really needed these funds does not have them because of the green dot criminals who absconded with my money.

not afraid Apr 14, 2011

I did check the spelling on the above complaint so I don't know why it added so many garbage characters. DON'T BUY A GREEN DOT CARD! unless you want to just donate it to their company. DON'T give them your personal information. If they take your money this way, why not your identity?

Greendot Cardwill not give me back my money

greendot wont give me back my money i put on my card. i am going to sue them!! because i am not the only person complaining about this matter. so far they made me wait 10 days to just tell me that they will not refund my money on an certain day. and im still waiting .. ive done everything they told me to do, in order to get my money. they gave me the run around and lieing to me in result of me getting my money back.
                      they are holding $20 that belongs to me.. it might be a small amount of money but its my money. so therefore, i am sueing them for all the mess they have put me through. and advise to everyone. STAY AWAY FROM GREENDOT.COM ITS FULL OF LIES AND THEY OVER CHARGE PEOPLE.AND THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY!! BOYCOTT GREENDOT.COM...

Unhappy in KS Feb 17, 2011

I lost my original card and reported it on their website, requesting a replacement card be sent Fed-Ex at a 19.95 charge. A week later after no card comes, I call cust service and am told it was accidently mailed. I wait another couple days then call again and am told by another customer service rep I should have it any day. Two weeks pass and I get a Fed-Ex letter with my card. Both reps lied to me and could barely speak English. I should report them to the BBB.

They suck!

They are awful!

• Dr
                          Dragonfly_lane Dec 10, 2013

I too have been scammed. They told me their system was down and that they were not sure how long it would be so they needed to send me back my money. They said that it would take anywhere from 24hrs to 72hrs. Time-up and no money. IT's CHRISTMAS people! I need my money. I have small children. This sucks monkey (FILL IN BLANK).

Green Dot Visa — they do not charge back

I was over charged by google and had stoped my campain with them. they elected to continue my campain and...

Green Dot Onlinefailure to issue new card upon expiration

i have a green dot premier mastercard account that expired on [protected], the premier account states that a new card will be issued when the old card expires. i have not recieved the new card and since it is the first of the month, i wanted to pay my rent. i had a direct deposit that was sent to my card on [protected] but it was not listed as funds added. i had thought that i was to automatically get the new card due to the perks of the premier card that i had. the customer service agent told me that a new card was not sent but they will send one now which i will receive in the next 7 to 10 business days thus i would not be able to access my money until then. her supervisor then came on and said that my premier membership was revoked because i had a negative balance when the deducted the monthly fee. the premeir card has a perk that says it does not count against you when you gain a negative balance for their fees. he stated that i would have to reapply for a card thus spending more money on a card when they sell a perk to avoid that. i told him that i'm very dissatisfied with this. told him that i will contact the nebraska attorney general and file a complaint as well as the better business bureau and everyone else that help in this issue.
                        i originally got this card to avoid the notorius fees that usbank and wells fargo have on their checking accounts as well as savings accounts. seems to me that anyone with a bank account or a debit card is fair game for these fees. green dot offered me 10.00 monthly that was reduced by 5.00 should i direct deposit 750.00 a month. atm withdrawal fees of 1.95, these were better fees than the banks. i should have known better, somethings do not last long.

Greendotjoke debit card

Got this temporary debit card for $35 as a gift. Tried to activate it to no avail through both the website and by phone.
                          After 3 days of the nonsense of phone calls to machines who apparently cannot understand the word J.A.M.E.S. or any other voice command in English. (Sorry, don't speak any other languages) have given up trying. What a major SCAM this is, why they have not been investigated by the authorities I do not know.

Greendot Assistance Programbad check/fraud

I received a check for over $900.00 on a grant with instructions to cash or deposit said check and then return to Mary Edwards a fee of $400.00 for finding the grant. Being as 1. I have been applying for grants, and 2. in need of money as work is slow for my husband ( we are self employed). I seriously considered cashing the check, UNTIL i decided to go online and research this, even though i had been applying for grants to continue school this just didn't seem right. I am so glad that i did not cash this check as i would have been furious with them and myself.
                            You know we have the government butting into bail out the banks, and auto dealers but "WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PPL THAT ARE BAILING US OUT????" that can actually take advantage of unsuspecting ppl that are hurting for money out there. And these ppl do continue to catch the one or two ppl that either don't have internet to research these things and that are that desperate and they cash and return the money... I will be taking my letter with the bogus check to my local authorities and then to the postmaster general... and hopefully these idiots MARY EDWARDS and LINDA SPALLDING get caught...

• To
                                Too good to be true Mar 20, 2010

I received a check in the mail saying that I had been offered a 10k grant and all I had to do within 5 days was pay a commission of 403.00 dollars out of the 947.35 that the check was for after cashing it or putting it in my bank account. I would receive the rest of the 10k grant money after purchasing a greendot money pac. I'm sure glad that I found this sight and didn"t take this any farther than file thirteen in the trash. How do you report this type of scam?

Green Dot Grantbad check

Bad check / 10, 000.00 cash grant
                              "official check" from key services corp with a faded key icon and signature for the amount of 965. 99. instructions were to cash or deposit this check and send 4% to "mary edwards" for commission fee through a greendot moneypak.

Greendot.comlost money

I purchased one greendot debit card from Walgreens.
                                The cost was $4.95 and I also deposited $30 into the account.
                                I made an on-line purchase of about $28 and everything went well.
                                I then deposited $20 more, but the next time I used it I was told that my card was registering empty. I made numerous call to greendot,
                                but was never able to talk to an actual person.
                                I tried to check my account on-line, but could not get into the site.
                                Now $20 some dollars isn't much, but I don't want greendot to get away from ripping anyone esle off, although I'd like my money returned.

• Pe
                                    Peace4love Sep 27, 2011

I thought I had money left on my card. Made one withdrawal for $20 (there was a $51 dollars on the card) Now my card is saying I only have $1.79 on the card. Wow GreenDot, do you think the Better Business Bureau would like to hear about your accounting practices? or maybe your no-existent customer support would be of interest to the Federal Banking Commission? You see I neither rant nor rave. I help you do business with integrity and accountability. I will be filling my complaint with them? I am sure someone will figure out how to call them back or email a response. What do you think?

• Gr
                                    Green Dot Corp. Oct 03, 2011

We apologize for your experiences. Our business practices are not to “rip off” any customers. We make all our fees known on our website or the package and cardholder agreement we provide with our cards. If there has been an issue with the balance you have on your card, please send an email to [protected]@greendotcorp.com, include a contact number and your full name so we can reach you directly. We would like to look into this situation further and settle any possible errors made to your balance.

Green Dot — return of funds

I set up an online bill pay through Greendot for $2000 to a private party. You can only send $1000 at a time...

Greendot Prepaid Cards — crediting unauthorized charges to customer

i've been a customer of greendot since 2005 or 2006. throughout the years, i've had a history of...

Greendot.com/ Gift Debit Cardscard stolen and could not stop card from being used

Got a visa gift card and my wallet was stolen. When I called Greendot.com to stop the card they had no info on my card. I had to activate it with many questions on the phone. It was a $1oo gift card. I think they should have been able to stop it with all the info I gave them. I will never buy one of their cards again.

• Va
                                      vandread Feb 24, 2010

note it was a visa gift card you complaint is with visa gift card service most stores carry these cards and have no access to the cards they passed your info to visa but in most cases if you are the original purchaser you need to go to visa with a copy of the recept and see what can be done if the card was given to you ask the giver to contact visa or give you a copy of the slip these type of cards are new and still being worked on if you wish to give a gift card as a gift get a dept store gift card or just give cash in 5 years new rules and safety issued will be put in to play till them becareful what time of card you buy and read carefully your rights which no one does and ends up suing the wrong firm